What is your favourite Simpsons DVD set as a whole?

Curse You Magic Beans

Oh Stop Blaming The Beans
Like in terms of How It Looks, Favorite Special Features and Commentaries ETC just everything about it that makes it your favourite DVD Box Set

Season 8, I like the photo album theme, it has fully animated menus, and a bunch of illustrated commentaries

Season 9 a hundred times over! They're all really nice sets, but I remember waiting so patiently (increasingly impatiently :P ) to get a Lisa themed box as we went through the rest of the family and it did disappoint when it came! Words cannot express how excited I was as a young Lisa obsessed Simpsons nut when I first saw this cover art:
Simpsons_s9.png

I remember saving all my pennys for months so I could buy it as soon as it came out (the others I mostly ended up receiving as Christmas presents) which I did and I just loved opening up and poring over all the art, the bonus cards and everything inside it as soon as I get home. Still one of my most prized possessions and I get a nice warm fuzzy feeling when I think about how purely happy young me was to get her hands on it. :aww:

P0.jpg

A thing of beauty all round and genuinely a big reason why 9 remains one of my favourite seasons I think. There's one little detail here I'd like to highlight that still gives me a smile for its being there as well:

DmhFeMM.png

She really does! :lisa:

Seasons 4 and 5 for the normal ones

Those collector’s edition head shaped sets were nice for the designs but awful for the discs

Season 3 - Pre 'Leaving Neverland'. ehehehhehe i get to watch bannd episode and nowon can tell mwehehehheheh
Excellent point because I have a rule that anyone who destroys my season 3 DVD will be required to buy me a replacement and it must be one that has the Michael Jackson episode.

I don't care if that DVD destroyer was a victim of child molestation but destroying other peoples prized possessions is not the way they are to deal with it. They instead need to get counseling.

Personally I don't think an expurgated version of a season 3 DVD exists most likely because it had already been out of print in 2019 as well as many of the other box sets.

Last edited:
Back