The Simpsons: Tapped Out (iOS/Android game)

Aaah, so friend the "nottommie" user. I might be able to level up in this bitch.

I finally decided to get back into Tapped Out a couple weeks ago, and now I’ve been locked out of the game for the past two days. I give up. Lol

I finally decided to get back into Tapped Out a couple weeks ago, and now I’ve been locked out of the game for the past two days. I give up. Lol
How do you mean by locked out? The recent update has been causing people to have to verify their age again from what I've been reading on Discord

How do you mean by locked out? The recent update has been causing people to have to verify their age again from what I've been reading on Discord

I had the age verification issue too, but what started two days ago was being stuck on the load screen forever. I’ve not been able to actually start up the game for two days now.

I had the age verification issue too, but what started two days ago was being stuck on the load screen forever. I’ve not been able to actually start up the game for two days now.
You might have to delete then reinstall the game again, it happened to me a while back and after doing that it was back to normal

You might have to delete then reinstall the game again, it happened to me a while back and after doing that it was back to normal

No luck. Still stuck on the loading screen. Though this time it crashed twice, so that’s something different. lol. I’ll wait a while until the next update to try again. Way too many bugs right now.

No luck. Still stuck on the loading screen. Though this time it crashed twice, so that’s something different. lol. I’ll wait a while until the next update to try again. Way too many bugs right now.
Seems to be an issue with iOS from what I can see. No issues for me on Android. One thing I've read says try loading the app through the App Store, not your icon. No idea if that'll work. Seems like EA is aware though.

I've had no issues myself but I've heard from EA that they were aware and should have fixed it by now. They even gave me some tokens that can be exchanged for a dozen donuts.

Luckily it has been working for me lately. It did require re-installing the app. But I was finally able to log into my EA account and I haven’t had another issue since.

The Halloween event wasn't the best this year, and was kinda weird and not too funny. My favourite one was the event with those worm things that popped out of the ground and appeared in random places. :D

Kinda late to the party on this, I know, but how is this game if you don't spend any actual money on it? I'm interested in giving it a try, but I have zero experience with phone games and am far too poor to pump any cash into it, so I don't really know what to expect from it. Is it any good that way, or would I just be wasting my time by even downloading it?

Kinda late to the party on this, I know, but how is this game if you don't spend any actual money on it? I'm interested in giving it a try, but I have zero experience with phone games and am far too poor to pump any cash into it, so I don't really know what to expect from it. Is it any good that way, or would I just be wasting my time by even downloading it?
Most of the main buildings are unlocked through the regular storyline/levels, which is all free to play. There's also an event running nearly every week of the year where you can unlock prizes just from playing. A lot of the cool stuff is, though, only available with the premium currency (donuts). You will get free donuts from the game for doing a variety of different things, mainly levelling up and the daily challenges, but not very many.

If you are prepared to invest the time and patience however, you can unlock every single item in the game (other than one character/thing introduced every new event, a few things every year during the Black Friday event and one random one-off decoration) without spending any money. There's dozens of guides out there on places like Tapped Out Addicts for what is known as 'KEM Farming'. Basically as the game gives you free donuts for levelling up, the game also has things which increase the experience you get so you level up more easily. If you maximize your resources with this (and it's not a quick process, it basically took my first year of playing) you can get to a point where you will never be short of donuts.

I started playing in December 2021 and I have every permanently available item that I want and can get everything that comes with each event that I want too. The only money I have spent in that time was on a special deal for new players you get early, and to buy the money-only prizes from Black Friday last year. I will be doing the same for the Black Friday event tomorrow. I'm happy to do that as my contribution/'subscription' to keep the game running and because I want the stuff, but it is not required.

Last edited:
Most of the main buildings are unlocked through the regular storyline/levels, which is all free to play. There's also an event running nearly every week of the year where you can unlock prizes just from playing. A lot of the cool stuff is, though, only available with the premium currency (donuts). You will get free donuts from the game for doing a variety of different things, mainly levelling up and the daily challenges, but not very many.

If you are prepared to invest the time and patience however, you can unlock every single item in the game (other than one character/thing introduced every new event, a few things every year during the Black Friday event and one random one-off decoration) without spending any money. There's dozens of guides out there on places like Tapped Out Addicts for what is known as 'KEM Farming'. Basically as the game gives you free donuts for levelling up, the game also has things which increase the experience you get so you level up more easily. If you maximize your resources with this (and it's not a quick process, it basically took my first year of playing) you can get to a point where you will never be short of donuts.

I started playing in December 2021 and I have every permanently available item that I want and can everything that comes with each event that I want too. The only money I have spent in that time was on a special deal for new players you get early, and to buy the money-only prizes from Black Friday last year. I will be doing the same for the Black Friday event tomorrow. I'm happy to do that as my contribution/'subscription' to keep the game running and because I want the stuff, but it is not required.

Thanks for the in-depth response! I would be perfectly happy to be patient and take however long it takes to progress, so it's good to know that playing that way can pay off and that there is a way to obtain most of the content without buying donuts. I may just have to give it a go!

Back