Simpsons What Ifs.

Hmm. Guess the show would not have been renewed.
What if Homer stayed permanently stuck into 10 years mental state ?

What if Burns was a janitor in School and Willie was Smither's sidekick at plant ? (And so, Smithers was the boss) ?
HAHAH!

BURNS
G'ooh, enough sitting around! I need to try out some physical labor - now that'll get me out-and-about!

SMITHERS
Sir, I doubt that's a good idea.

BURNS
I don't pay you to doubt!
Now read me the jobs Craig has posted on his List.
It's springtime; there ought to be high demand for milkmen and phonograph operators.

SMITHER
*checks on his phone*
Sir, nothing's available. Only the janitor position at the local school.

BURNS
Janitor, eh?​

I think Burns would want to do it just to prove Smithers wrong.
I can see him getting horribly tired while mopping, maybe falling headfirst into the bucket from sheer exhaustion.
Meanwhile Skinner would be furious working with him, but Smithers is bribing him into letting Burns stay there.
The old man would be horrified to operate a ride-on lawnmower, that's for sure.
I can see him using a desk phone to call Smithers, desperate for help.

Also, Willie at the plant would be surprisingly amazing. I think Smithers would soon go mad with power. Maybe he'd even be impressed with Willie after seeing him get really mad and explode on people in rage...(but after asking himself if he's attracted to Willie, he'd say no. too young.)
It would be great to see him look half-adequate in a tie. I also like the idea that he'd be the only manager that could actually make a good hard worker out of Homer.

But the office is no place for Willie. And after measuring the grass and testing the Ph level of the dust upstairs, Skinner would fire Burns, no severance package.

---------

What if Lenny started dating Selma?

Guess Selma would be closer to Homer.
What if Flanders was actually the jealous neighbor instead of Homer ?

I guess she would turn out alright, I didn’t see that

What if Treehouse of Horror made a sequel for the 3D Homer segment that would send him back home?

What if Treehouse of Horror made a sequel for the 3D Homer segment that would send him back home?
It would see Homer finding a portal, I'm guessing at Stonehenge? Why Stonehenge, cause of all the myths surrounding it (and I just love when its used in media surrounding magic and the such)

What If... the Time & Punishment segment of THOH V was a movie?

What If... the Time & Punishment segment of THOH V was a movie?
Tbh could be better than the real Simpsons Movie, though might flop if it was in theaters during mid 90s

What if Simpsons Guy was produced and released in the same year as The Simpsons Movie?

I'm not sure about the impact.
What if Flanders was Homer's supervisor instead of Smithers and what of Smithers was Homer's neighbor ? Though the rest remains the same.

That's an interesting what if? Smithers as Homer's neighbour would be rather like a throwback to very early s1-2 Flanders where Homer's hostility is more rooted in jealousy of someone doing much better than him. You could do some possibly interesting things where Homer is mad that Smithers is okay to blow vast amounts of money on plastic dolls while Homer needs to support a family. Would need careful handling though with keeping Smithers sexuality so it doesn't turn into something ugly hateful and not just fun hateful.

Flanders meanwhile I suspect is going to get way harder republican coded than he already is putting him into a position of actual power.

What if the Springfield Connection with Marge shrugging off the corruption at the end, and staying a cop. We've seen she's okay with being morally flexible with the Beer Baron so it wouldn't be that out of character, and shoddy jeans are pretty harmless when you get down to it. Positive I can see is it would have got her out of the house more, and as a cop she has reason to pop up in more scenes.

Guess Wiggum finally would have exit from the show.
Maybe some importance for Lou and Eddie.
What if Skinner was promoted intendant ? Do you think his replacement could resist to all of Bart's temptations and pranks ?

What if Skinner was promoted intendant ? Do you think his replacement could resist to all of Bart's temptations and pranks ?
That will depend, but I could see Bart eventually getting the upper hand

What if Springfield is located in California?

Guess surf could be a proeminent element. Guess also that Homer and co would leave early.
What if Flanders was a democrat ?

Homer would probably love some others pastried and beverages.
What if Moe was gay and in a relationship with Sideshow Bob ? Besides the fact that he would not have a crush towards Maya or Midge

Homer would probably love some others pastried and beverages.
What if Moe was gay and in a relationship with Sideshow Bob ? Besides the fact that he would not have a crush towards Maya or Midge
That, would be interesting to see, perhaps Moe will keep Sideshow Bob's weapons in his basement or something?

What if The Simpsons was a shonen anime? (Apologies if I have asked this before, trying to remember what I have asked before)

What if The Simpsons was a shonen anime? (Apologies if I have asked this before, trying to remember what I have asked before)
Depends on the shonen vibe you're going for:

DBZ: Homer continues to be the main character, continues to be dumb, continues to be a terrible parent, Marge continues not to do much, really not much changes in general other than that Lisa and Bart keep getting thrown into death battles at their current age. Oh and Flanders is now entirely green rather than just wearing a green sweater.
Naruto: Homer and Marge are dead, Lisa occasionally has flashes of being a really interesting character but alas will never really get her due. Bart meanwhile gets only slightly more annoying, and gets like 99% of the screentime with Nelson. Grandpa though does significantly improve as he yells at all those Cloud ninjas.
One Piece: Entire family but one dies horribly in the most trauma inducing way possible. Outside of flashbacks though everyone lives and it's all very fun with incredible continuity.
Fairy Tail: Basically One Piece again but dial up the pervy a lot.
Bleach: Nobody likes it any more past the original classic years, wait...

What would an episode focused on Dr Hibbert's family be like, and would it be worth doing?

Depends on the shonen vibe you're going for:

DBZ: Homer continues to be the main character, continues to be dumb, continues to be a terrible parent, Marge continues not to do much, really not much changes in general other than that Lisa and Bart keep getting thrown into death battles at their current age. Oh and Flanders is now entirely green rather than just wearing a green sweater.
I honestly can't see Flanders as a Piccolo expy
Naruto: Homer and Marge are dead, Lisa occasionally has flashes of being a really interesting character but alas will never really get her due. Bart meanwhile gets only slightly more annoying, and gets like 99% of the screentime with Nelson. Grandpa though does significantly improve as he yells at all those Cloud ninjas.
lol, so basically what Naruto eventually became. Love the Grampa thing thou, that would be hilarious. I can just hear him saying "Those darn Cloud Ninjas" in my head.
One Piece: Entire family but one dies horribly in the most trauma inducing way possible. Outside of flashbacks though everyone lives and it's all very fun with incredible continuity.
It would be interesting to see what crews the family would be on, or if they would be a whole crew
Bleach: Nobody likes it any more past the original classic years, wait...
Honestly, the fact that we have a Shinigami Marge cameo in one of the THOH, and in TSTO does have me interested to see what one would be like, and who the main characters would be
What would an episode focused on Dr Hibbert's family be like, and would it be worth doing?
We'd probably see more of their family life, and hopefully, we'd see the return of the oldest, teenage daughter that was only seen in Bart's Dog Gets an F

Last edited:
I honestly can't see Flanders as a Piccolo expy
He wears green, he's a good father figure, especially when dealing when someone else's offspring, he's tied closely to god, he's been a demon, and he's got a love/hate rivalry thing going on with the main character who is rather dumb. How can you not see it :D

He wears green, he's a good father figure, especially when dealing when someone else's offspring, he's tied closely to god, he's been a demon, and he's got a love/hate rivalry thing going on with the main character who is rather dumb. How can you not see it :D
I definitely need to start watching Dragon Ball at some point

I definitely need to start watching Dragon Ball at some point
Or just watch Team Four Star's Abridged like I did. So, so much quicker to get through, and pretty dang great when they get past the earlier now rather dated days when they were first starting. It turned Dragon Ball from something I had entirely dismissed to liking it enough that I watched most of Super.

Or just watch Team Four Star's Abridged like I did. So, so much quicker to get through, and pretty dang great when they get past the earlier now rather dated days when they were first starting. It turned Dragon Ball from something I had entirely dismissed to liking it enough that I watched most of Super.
I do have the first 26 episodes on DVD (I purchased it in February 2023), so I might check that out first

Are you kidding me?? I literally have a Simpsons x One Piece crossover that I’m planning on writing called Far From Home where the Simpsons kids end up the One Piece universe and join the Straw Hats!!

Back