Season 35 Information Thread

Like The Bleeding Gums Murphy in the Sound of Music, like No Day, but Yesterday, like Lisa Has a Crush on Homer, like Senior Moment… Do I need to continue?

That pushing back again till fall? The Beautiful Shame? (as we know it by now)

Like The Bleeding Gums Murphy in the Sound of Music, like No Day, but Yesterday, like Lisa Has a Crush on Homer, like Senior Moment… Do I need to continue?

That pushing back again till fall? The Beautiful Shame? (as we know it by now)
Hey, it happens sometimes at least once in a while, it could get confusing for whatever reason. Don't forget, Pay Pal was originally called 'In the Game of the Father'

Last edited:
That's two less than Season 19, so Season 35 is now officially the season with the 2nd lowest amount of episodes (with Season 1 having the lowest amount of episodes, that been 13)

That's two less than Season 19, so Season 35 is now officially the season with the 2nd lowest amount of episodes (with Season 1 having the lowest amount of episodes, that been 13)
It may be all the writers strike and the actors strike's fault, although we shouldn't really blame the writers strike and the actors strike. But hey, I might be all right if 11 holdover episodes from the 35ABF production season (along with Treehouse of Horror XXXV) finally airs this fall, along with the upcoming episode that Christine Nangle wrote, and hopefully another episode that's written by Tim Long, right? I dare say, maybe we might also expect a Long-Koh episode sometime next season as well

Last edited:
Which might be in the production code of 35ABF22
(I MUST find that response, about not cutting 35abf)
FOUND IT!
If I recall correctly, Michael Price said on Twitter that the Season 35 production will have 22 episodes. Though he did say that it would be the plan
It wasn't put neither as tweet nor quote, but just as a link, and this was the only reference to it until now, so I hadn't payed attention to it.

Thanks all.

Oh, and speaking of voluntary sources, the first post misses sources that THOH35 to be co-runned by Rob LaZebnik. Brian Kelley, on his own, revealed that in interview (not via TwiX). @Dark Homer

Matt Selman teasing the big death this Sunday on the Simpsons....
idk guys, i really think Marge might not make it, but maybe it's just me...
(I listened to an interview once where Matt Selman talked about Maude Flanders death and how silly it was because for promotional materials Fox was like: who will die Homer, Bart, Lisa or Maude Flanders, so he's clearly parodying that promotion with this tweet.)

Last edited:
The Futon Critic website said that Season 35 of The Simpsons will indeed have 18 episodes this year. Let's hope for at least more than 22 episodes for next season
It also says that there are repeats airing on 5/26 and 6/2 - but unless there's a rainout, Fox is airing the Coca-Cola 600 NASCAR race at night on 5/26, and the UFL schedule says that Fox is airing the Houston-Memphis game on 6/2 starting at 7:00.

Also, I seem to recall that it said at one point that new episodes were airing on both 4/14 and 4/28. I will believe that there are 18 episodes this season when I see a Fox press release saying there will be a new episode on 5/12.

Fortunately, it looks like Al Jean only show-runned FOUR production episodes from the 35ABF production season so far
Just four eps? Great!😃Now Al equals with the other runners. One episode he shared to Carolyn as we assumed (and what is great again), and the other one… I think it's Michael Price.

Well, it's hard to believe he went on rest after *12 number script. To think, among writers-corunners Price is someone bigger. He used to be a full showrunner and co-creator of own show, F is For Family, and 90% Selman gave him advantage on that as additional 5th episode to produce. Good that or not, still hard to judge (we saw only 2 his-runned episodes, one of which was his-written).

P.S. Please Justin do not hurry to ask confirmation on that my theory. I once visited your profile and you asked and asked to get whatever (really whatever). That seems not clever, to put it mildly😮‍💨

"Cremains of the Day" will be another "Clown in the Dumps". Al Jean didn't fulfill that they wouldn't kill off a character canonically, only in non-canonical episodes such as the "Treehouse of Horror" saga.

• "The Tell-Tale Pants" = We already know the official synopsis.
  • "The Tipping Point" = Lisa has problems with the mathematics.
  • "Bart's Brain" = Similar to season 1's "Bart the Genius" or season 11's "Brother's Little Helper". Or it could be a parody of Disney Pixar's "Inside Out" showing how Bart's brain works.

The real and official synopsis of the last 2 episodes from this list actually aren't revealed yet. Sorry for post this on this thread, that's because everyone ignore my posts in the Preview/Speculation thread.

The Futon Critic website said that Season 35 of The Simpsons will indeed have 18 episodes this year. Let's hope for at least more than 22 episodes for next season
I have absolutely no doubt that this is related to the strikes. it's something just how badly fox shot themselves in the foot; they were so busy trying to maintain their bottom line that they drastically* shortened the season of one of their most famous shows. according to wikipedia, bob's burgers and the great north were also affected, as well as a few of their live-action shows.

* "drastic" by simpsons standards. it's just four episodes, but it's pretty significant for it to be the only season under 20 episodes excluding season 1, IMO.

Due to the strike, The Simpsons crew were obviously not gonna have enough time to get 35ABF13, 35ABF15 and even The Yellow Lotus ready to air for somewhere for the rest of S35

Back