Season 35 Information Thread

--The Simpsons --(8:00-8:30 PM ET/PT) CC-HDTV 720p-Dolby Digital 5.1

MARGE SPENDS AN INFLUX OF MONEY ON HERSELF ON AN ALL-NEW EPISODE OF THE SIMPSONS SUNDAY, MAY 5, ON FOX

Marge comes upon a surprising windfall and, angry with Homer, spends it secretly on herself in all-new "The Tell-Tale Pants" episode of The Simpsons airing Sunday, May 5 (8:00-8:30 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (SI-3510) (TV-PG L, V)

Voice Cast: Dan Castellaneta as Homer Simpson; Julie Kavner as Marge Simpson; Nancy Cartwright as Bart Simpson and Nelson; Yeardley Smith as Lisa Simpson; Hank Azaria as Moe; Harry Shearer as Skinner; Tress MacNeille as Dolph; Pamela Hayden as Milhouse; Harry Shearer as Flanders

Guest Voice Cast: Kipp Lennon as Elton John

I wouldn't be surprised if The Tell-Tale Pants would end up being ANOTHER marriage crisis episode

So bye bye to this season's incredible run of Marge-centric episodes

I'm getting vibes from last season's finale... Which isn't a bad premise per se, but Jean is going 3 for 3 bad episodes out of his 4 this season. I don't know, I'm open to surprise but an episode centered on Homer and Marge ("angry with...") and written by Jean is not the best perspective.

Granted that Pin Gal despite my expectations was not a marriage crisis episode. So who knows.

Last edited:
Who knows, the episode actually might turn out to be the other way around with Marge asking for Homer’s forgiveness. But we’ll have to see
Doubt it. I’m pretty sure it’s going to be the usual of Marge getting caught, but then squirming out of any accountability by playing the victim and whining about being unappreciated, and Homer will have to make it up to her. Just the thought of it is making me ill.

Doubt it. I’m pretty sure it’s going to be the usual of Marge getting caught, but then squirming out of any accountability by playing the victim and whining about being unappreciated, and Homer will have to make it up to her. Just the thought of it is making me ill.
I've seen you repeat this view quite a few times recently. She's just a fictional character, there's no reason it should be making you 'ill'. I hope you're okay.

I've seen you repeat this view quite a few times recently. She's just a fictional character, there's no reason it should be making you 'ill'. I hope you're okay.
All right, I’ll rephrase that: just the thought of it is making me tired.

And in my defense, that’s pretty much how these episodes go.

If the reference to the title has anything to do with the plot. This would have to be a Christmas episode (the second written by Omine after The Way of the Dog). Neat. God this series needs a good holiday episode after the latest offerings that Jean has offered us (I'm looking at you - Manger Things and It's a Blunderful Life).

Which might be in the production code of 35ABF22
(I MUST find that response, about not cutting 35abf)

Anyway, as Carolyn had said earlier, it was the last 35abf script, namely the last in that year-long production cycle. Coincidentally, just yesterday I came across Mike Reiss' post that "he was hired for season 36". That's additional prove, the cycle has over.

Interesting, it was read in the early April. So, by my calculations, counting December break the staff already probably did after *12, 36ABF probably won't be so much impacted/cut. If they really want, they can return to "new table reading" cycle in the middle d of May, that isn't very late (VABF started in the early May and nothing). From mid May to mid December there easily can be 22 (21 maximum) scripts read.

Oh, another Marge episode !

... Oh, it's Jean. Well, it's also written by Jean so, that alone makes me more curious than if it was written by someone else with Jean supervising it (except, at the risk of sounding like a broken record, Omine), but his showrunning skills still tend to overshadow his writing skills, it happened the last couple of times, I fear that it's gonna happen this time again. Oh well, should I foolishly cross my fingers ?

Another thing that worries me. It seems that this episode is gonna be a riff on 'The Tell-Tale Heart', and usually, when recent Jean episodes take inspiration from a certain pre-existing work of art, they tend to end up rather gimmicky ('The Many Saints of Springfield'), at the cost of some actual interesting ideas that lie beneath. Here, conceptually, I do like the idea of seeing a more selfish version of Marge, supposedly taken a little further ; this season we've seen her going to unusually extreme lengths because of something related to her family, whether it's to help them out ('Do the Wrong Thing', 'Night of the Living Wage'), to defend them ('Clan of the Cave Mom'), or to spend precious time with them ('A Mid-Childhood Night's Dream'). Here, it looks like it's just about herself. I like this perspective... and I really want this episode to deliver because there is potential.

Seems like the Simpsons crew are almost out of ideas for the upcoming Disney Plus shorts

Good. Honestly, I'd say they are more commercials than shorts if anything.
--The Simpsons --(8:00-8:30 PM ET/PT) CC-HDTV 720p-Dolby Digital 5.1

MARGE SPENDS AN INFLUX OF MONEY ON HERSELF ON AN ALL-NEW EPISODE OF THE SIMPSONS SUNDAY, MAY 5, ON FOX

Marge comes upon a surprising windfall and, angry with Homer, spends it secretly on herself in all-new "The Tell-Tale Pants" episode of The Simpsons airing Sunday, May 5 (8:00-8:30 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (SI-3510) (TV-PG L, V)

Voice Cast: Dan Castellaneta as Homer Simpson; Julie Kavner as Marge Simpson; Nancy Cartwright as Bart Simpson and Nelson; Yeardley Smith as Lisa Simpson; Hank Azaria as Moe; Harry Shearer as Skinner; Tress MacNeille as Dolph; Pamela Hayden as Milhouse; Harry Shearer as Flanders

Guest Voice Cast: Kipp Lennon as Elton John
Another Marriage Crisis episode huh, the fact there doesn't seem to be any B Plot doesn't really help. Won't be surprised if Bart & Lisa take a back seat in this episode, even if its non-speaking roles, or just not appear in the episode.
Wasn't this the episode Jean said while writing confirmed that this concept HAD NEVER BEEN DONE BEFORE? I could've sworn he was talking about this episode, can anybody fact-check me....
lol, that is funny if it is true. However, if that is true, I have no hope for this episode as I am reading it as Jean hyping something he sees as amazing and basically tooting his own horn (please let me know if I am using the phrase exactly as I'm not sure if I am or not).

This episode will either be outright awful or just plain boring, and personally, I'm expecting the former, and I will say, that a lot of that has to do with my distrust & disdain (to put it nicely) towards Jean rising as of late.
Sounds like a Ned episode, don't think he has appeared much in Season 35 now that I think about it, but I'll have to check.

I really do like the premise of the episode and the idea of the role-reversal of Marge and HOmer (with marge this time being the selfish one and splurges, though while being upset), but this should ideally have been a Selman episode. The fact it is showran by Jean immediately dampens any chances of it working out & obviously, it is to be another marriage crisis story because Jean love those in his eps.

But yeah, the one thing that makes me interested in it is the fact Jean also writes it, but yep, his showrunning cannot be trusted so it casts a shadow of doubt over this. Still, hoping for Jean to at least try explore the concept here and not let it turn out a disappointing, flat, unimaginatve mess (I mean, 'Daddicus Finch' worked out fine), but it really remains to be seen here.

Last edited:
Seems like the Simpsons crew are almost out of ideas for the upcoming Disney Plus shorts

"Do shorts come to end?"
Al: No

Where did he say, the shorts are over? I understood it in the opposite way - there is no end for shorts. However such pause after strike ends - 6,5 months - does really tell, they would want to advertise something do some short, but they really out of ideas/customers. But the shorts thing isn't over, sadly.

Or they are creating so quality material, that needs time.
*Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!* No

As for TTP, I have a little spark in Jean-writer. He's damn decent/good. And I can see the story not bad, through nothing "they've never done before". The story can deliver special Jean jokes and that will be fine. Anyway, don't anticipate something good from Al - that's essential fault ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: MDB
I still feel slightly more optimistic about The Tell-Tale Pants over The Tipping Point despite Jean going back to the marriage crisis well. This is probably a case of me being foolishly naive... but Jean has hit under Jean more consistently of late than Burns has hit under... well ANYONE.

It should be painfully clear that Bart's Brain remains the standout in terms of potential from this last trio of episodes simply due to Vebber.

I'd argue that 'The Miseducation of Lisa Simpson' was a flawed if interesting and nice effort, but yep, it's been a while since he wrote something above the "pretty good" category. At least since this one he's more on the "consistently average" tier, better this than writing another 'Days of Future Future' I guess.

Also, I'd personally wait confirmation before outright calling 'The Tell-Tale Pants' a marriage crisis episode. "Marge is angry at Homer" is a bit light, so she was in 'Night of the Living Wage' eventually but I wouldn't consider it a marriage crisis episode nonetheless.

I thought two of his three s31 efforts ('The Miseducation of Lisa Simpson' and 'Screenless') were mostly enjoyable, even if none of them fully lived up to their potential. At least in my opinion, of course. There's still the fact that he's always been a very inconsistent writer from the start, so I don't fully believe he got worse in the HD era (even if this is where 'Days of Future Future', one of my least favorite episodes is found).

I think The Tipping Point will be good? Hell no. I think it's obvious that if there is a reliable writer under Selman it is Vebber. And another season finale written by him after 'The Last Barfighter' gives more to look forward to than a Burns script anyway. Although I personally have problems with the scripts written by Jean, only two of them have been outstanding ('I Won't Be Home for Christmas' and 'Daddicus Finch'), so for me they are both in the same bar.

Did any of the later Burns episodes really get bad reviews here? It was never the best writer, but it's not in a particularly bad shape lately. I'd definetily put any of his last efforts (The Miseducation of Lisa Simpson, Screenless, Mother and Child Reunion, Write Off This Episode) way above that any of the later Jean solo efforts (Mother and Other Strangers, The Many Saints of Springfield), both of which I found pretty dull.

Treehouse of Horror XXX was awful though.

Last edited:
Breaking news! The writers for 'The Tell-Tale Pants', 'The Tipping Point' and 'Bart's Brain' have been added into WGA Directories

1713371139601.png

Back