Search results

1. D

Season 35 Information Thread

This is a little sad to read from Mike. On one hand, I understand it because I've never been in charge of a long-running TV show, and it's very easy to look at what people say about the show online and not want to deal with it at all. Even Bill Oakley & Josh Weinstein got tired of reading...
  2. D

Highest quality TV cartoons by the standards of their time

I think you're underselling Doug. Maybe in 2024, it seems like it's nothing special, but it was groundbreaking in 1991 because it didn't go the same route Rugrats and Ren & Stimpy did. It was a pure slice of life cartoon, and has a quiet energy that invites you into its world without forcing you...
  3. D

Are there any Classic Era Episodes you feel like don't get enough love?

To be fair, "Lisa's Sax" was produced by Al Jean & Mike Reiss, and it was held over from season seven. It doesn't even feel like a season nine episode, unlike "Simpson Tide" (whoever made the decision to hold it over for two years is a genius). Oakley & Weinstein always had their own...
  4. D

Are there any Classic Era Episodes you feel like don't get enough love?

I don't see anyone bring up "The Boy Who Knew Too Much." If we're just talking straight comedy, it's one of the best episodes of the series.
  5. D

When does the Al Jean era turn awful & predictable?

The Simpsons is the kind of show that constantly needs new energy at the top and people willing to push it into different directions. Oakley & Weinstein were going to leave the show if they didn't end up showrunners. Their goal was to take what worked in season three and combine it with their...
  6. D

The Boondocks Season 4: Ten Years Later

Next month marks the ten-year anniversary of the premiere of The Boondocks' fourth season. For anyone not in the know, The Boondocks was an adult animated sitcom on Adult Swim. It was an adaptation of the original comic strip from cartoonist Aaron McGruder. The Boondocks used satire as a way to...
  7. D

what do you guys think about season 10?

I consider it the first bad season of the series. The comedy is still on point, but the storytelling and characterization really start going to hell. You can tell Mike Scully is fully comfortable as showrunner and locked in, and it's the prelude to whatever the hell happened in season eleven...
  8. D

Reviewing every episode of American Dad!

I just saw some clips from "Family Time" on YouTube and it's not the 1/10 I was expecting. Maybe because I was actually laughing, which a lot of bad episodes don't have me do (Steve being genuinely concerned about Jeff and suggesting that Hayley is a criminal for marrying him was hilarious)...
  9. D

Was it ever Bart's show like everyone says it is?

The story I've always heard was that in the beginning of the show, the writers were more focused on Bart, and then as time went on, they came up with more and more Homer material so he became the main character. The writers have said this and fans have repeated this, but honestly, I don't...
  10. D

@John95, I think The Weeknd is credited as a co-writer because of "I'm a Virgin," but I'm not 100% sure. I could definitely believe in the idea of The Weeknd writing an American Dad episode, but even if he did, there's a good chance most of the script was rewritten by the staff. @J.J.Watts...
  11. D

Yeah, "A Starboy is Born" is definitely more similar to "Lisa Goes Gaga." This huge star appears on the show and everyone bows down to them, but AD at least tried doing some interesting stuff with The Weeknd (his song about being a virgin, enjoying the Smith family being a bunch of working-class...
  12. D

If only someone with enough time on their hands could turn this into a compilation video. I could hear a lot of these quotes.
  13. D

@J.J.Watts I haven't gone through the entire list yet (saw the top and bottom choices and some stuff in the middle). I'm assuming you looked at the rating for an individual episode, saw how it stacked up to other episodes with the same rating and ranked it accordingly? Because "My Morning...
  14. D

Damn. Every episode ranked and the top 100 quotes. When are we getting those?!
  15. D

@John95, I feel like at this point, they should just have new seasons start in the fall. They're going to keep making holiday episodes, so that way, they don't have to be tacked on to the end of the season. And now that half the season gets pushed back, it makes even less sense to start in the...
  16. D

Just wanted to point out that "Homer³" had the 3D sequence, not "The Homega Man." I had heard a lot about this episode before it came out. Was this the one that had all the hype around it, or was it the multiverse episode? Feel like someone on the team was hinting at this big high concept...
  17. D

I was thinking about this thread earlier and how it seemed like a graveyard. I'm still stuck on season fifteen, though.
  18. D

Most overrated and underrated season

I think season three gets the praise it deserves. For years, Bill Oakley has said that season three is the greatest season in television history. When he and Josh Weinstein took over as showrunners, their goal was to reverse-engineer season three and model season seven after it. They felt like...
  19. D

They were playing "Toxic" in the store earlier and I started laughing thinking about Stan's crackhead dance. 🤣
  20. D

"Welcome to the world of tomorrow !" aka I rate and review Futurama

@CousinMerl, when the Futurama revival was announced and there was that whole situation with John DiMaggio, that's when I first had an interest in watching the series, but for some reason, it was never something I took seriously. Seems like everyone's in agreement that the FOX era was the show's...
Back