I Love Lisa
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• It isn't anything I've really paid any attention to, but hey I just noticed my reaction score's over 1000 now! Makes me happy to know you guys apparently see some value in my rambling Lisa posts. :aww:
    Meko
    Meko
    absolutely deserved! if anything i'd say it's too low, you're one of the best ''new'' users in a long time, other than yours truly of course
    I Love Lisa
    I Love Lisa
    Aww thank you! You genuinely are a great user yourself, but I can't think of you as "new" at all since you were already here when I reappeared. :P
    625674.jpg

630345.jpg

Herb8Wh.jpeg

(Photo from a park near my house. Apologies for the poor quality!)
    My brother unilaterally invited his friend from another country to stay with us whilst he's in England so now I have this guy hanging around clogging up the living room all day, taking over the TV every evening, failing to flush the toilet and just... blankly staring at me whenever I pass like I'm the one who shouldn't be there in my own house. I'm going kinda crazy here and there's nothing I can do about it because I'm too cripplingly polite to make a scene (and I just get told I should be more hospitable if I do complain anyway). My gosh do I wish I could afford to get my own place.

(Apologies for whinging here, but I feel like I've got to vent somewhere)
    • Sad
    Reactions: DigiJem1 and Meko
    I Love Lisa
    I Love Lisa
    I know right? It's just... ugh. "Super gross" doesn't begin to explain it. I don't want to imagine what his own house must smell like...
    MaggotMagnet
    MaggotMagnet
    My Gosh, not being able to relax in my own house drove me nuts. I lived with roommates all throughout my time in NYC as a working adult (once, with 5 roommates!) and it was full of internalized frustration and total anguish! Not to mention the time I lived with my parents/brother!
    I believe it was Ravi Shankar who said there's no tougher spiritual test than trying to keep cool while living with people!
    I hope the time flies by, and you're able to get the personal space and relaxation you need very soon.
    I Love Lisa
    I Love Lisa
    Oh my I can hardly imagine how rough that must have been to have all those roommates! I know all about how important personal space and the ability to relax are so sorry you had to go through that. I'm not hopeful that time will "fly by" exactly, but at least my current experience is only temporary!

Not familiar with Ravi Shankar at all, but those are certainly some wise words. I do know "House guests, like fish, begin to smell after three days" (which I think was Benjamin Franklin?), but that's not accurate because it's a lot quicker than three days (especially when they're not even your guests)!
    Does it make me a bad person that I giggled when I saw my brother's new haircut that makes him look like Bart Simpson?
    I Love Lisa
    I Love Lisa
    I'd describe him as... an incredibly casual viewer of the Simpsons at most. He does seem to like the show well enough when he sees it, but it's not something he'd typically choose to put on of his own will. There's only maybe two of us in my family who are particularly into it I'd say. (And only one nutty enough about it to spend her time hanging around a Simpsons message board :P )

As for how the haircut actually looked, picture light blonde hair cut very short except for at the top where the small amount of length left has been spiked straight up and you're there.

(Also, that's very sweet of you to say I resemble Lisa personality wise! Not entirely sure it's true though since, you know, Lisa's smart o_O )
    MaggotMagnet
    MaggotMagnet
    HAHHA, if hanging around a Simpsons message board is nutty then I'm absolutely legumed 🤣
    I think my own older brother is similar, as well as my older sis. They both liked the Simpsons a lot growing up as immigrants in America, but if they realized the extent to which I am obsessing over the show right now as a 25-year-old I doubt they'd understand. I think they'd just stare blankly at me while I go crazy talking about Bumblebee Man lore or something. Well, I'll get to see their lukewarm reaction this weekend after I send them cosplay pics LOL.
    Oh my, the way you describe it is EXTREMELY Bartish!
    And aww, of course, to me the resemblance in personality is extremely obvious! And hey *Bostonian voice* I think you're wicked smaht! (I never watched Good Will Hunting but I guess I'm referencing it anyway.)
    I Love Lisa
    I Love Lisa
    Ha ha I think we might not be alone in being "Simpsons legumed" on here to be fair. 🥜

Oh I can relate so much to the whole about "your siblings not realising the extent of the obsession thing"! All my family used to watch it (although even back in my youngest days I was easily the one who was most drawn in by those funny yellow people), but now it's just me and one younger brother (different brother; I've got four of 'em) who still tune in regularly and even he'd start backing away from me in terror if I ever started blurting out the full depths of my thoughts on Lisa Simpson in the real world. :eek:

(Not seen Good Will Hunting either so that reference is kinda over my head, but it still made me laugh. Also aww thank you! It really is a compliment to be called Lisa-ish in any way. :aww: )
    Hey bit of a long shot maybe, but is anyone on here a Japanese speaker by any chance? I'm deep into learning it and I think having a language exchange buddy would really help me get to the next level (particularly if it's someone I can talk about The Simpsons with!) so if anyone's willing and able to chat with me in 日本語 please do let me know!

(Of course if nobody can, or can but aren't interested then that's completely fine. Just thought it wouldn't hurt to ask)
    Seems like "Operation: Turn the NHC into the We Love Lisa forum" is going exactly to plan.
    3g7FkF2.png
    Well making a gag signature for April Fools then going out all day so I never actually posted anything using it feels like rather a wasted effort. Ah well here it is for posterity anyway.
    p0s4zla.png
    I got kind of curious so I copied my posts from a few different threads into a word cloud generator and I think the most prominent word says an awful lot about me. :lol:
    i2DmwpX.png
    • Love
    Reactions: MaggotMagnet
    MaggotMagnet
    MaggotMagnet
    YAY!! Thank you!! I would suggest to start a thread in The Free For All about it - I really wanna share mine too, it's hilarious and I think you'll get a kick out of it🤣Or if you want, you can also delegate me to start the thread! I think it'll be so cool to compare everyone's clouds, it visualizes what we pay attention to in an interesting way!
    I Love Lisa
    I Love Lisa
    Ah Free For All's a good idea! Will place a thread there.
    MaggotMagnet
    MaggotMagnet
    YAYY!!!
    Just briefly locked myself out of my account by having too many incorrect password attempts. Turns out caps lock was on the whole time and I didn't notice the obvious glowing light on my keyboard that tells me that. ...I am an idiot confirmed. :facepalm:
    Last week Sky showed tennis instead of The Simpsons and this week it's football. Very ticked off with them because I'm still waiting for Frinkenstein's Monster when I should be watching Lisa Gets an F1 already and you all know I want that new Lisa episode. :mad:
    So I just got a message (on another site!) from some random guy I don't know from Adam saying he wants to feed me to wild animals and that all women should be murdered. Sometimes I really love this world. :(
    Seeing all the comic panels posted these past couple of days kinda inspired to finally start reading one of the collections I got for Christmas and I came across this almost instantly in the first one I opened up:
    j8OmbCq.jpeg

I could not work out why that Lisa pose was so familiar until I logged back in and remembered it's one of the little pictures in my (potentially infamous) signature! I thought it was a piece of old promo art when I put it in there, so I thought it quite a coincidence that I found it in the very first Simpsons comic I've read in years. :eek:
    I Love Lisa
    I Love Lisa
    Heh yeah it seems like you did. I have had it sitting around for months anyway, just needed a little push to open it up I guess. Pretty sure this particular comic comes from 1996 so yeah, you're probably right that she'd be less excited these days. But this is nothing compared to a couple of pages later, where she's thrilled to spot a politician she refers to as "the great right hope"!
    MaggotMagnet
    MaggotMagnet
    WOW!!! I'd say it was meant to be!!! How wonderful, what a reunion! :D

I've certainly never had such a serendipitous moment but I recently had a similar "OH THERES THAT POSE I KNOW" feeling and it was glorious!!
    I was watching "Girls Just Want to Have Sums" for the first time in a decade (for Chalmers obviously) and I gasped when I saw the exact timestamp where Chalmers makes this pose:
    superintendent-chalmers-picture.png
    I WAS LIKE HEY HOLD UP I KNOW THAT FACE!!!! The vectorized version used to be featured prominently on his Simpsons Wiki article. That is...........before I completely revised his article to encyclopedic biography status and replaced the images with relevant snapshots of his life of course.

BUT I DIGRESS!! Happy for your win!:D
    I Love Lisa
    I Love Lisa
    Ha ha it is certainly very nice indeed to have a "so that's where that comes from!" moment. Feels like you've mentally filled in a puzzle you didn't even know was unfinished. :D
    neat S1 pfp. which episode is it from?
    Reactions: I Love Lisa
    I Love Lisa
    I Love Lisa
    Thanks! It's from Homer's Odyssey. Specifically the bit at the end where Mr. Burns wants Homer to tell everyone the plant's safe and he can't do it.
    Reactions: Meko
    Just a quick thing to say sorry if my post on the "NHC has regained sanity" thread seemed to be "grave dancing". That was not my intention and I only felt I should contribute to the thread as someone who was (unwillingly) involved in the situation. I take no joy from the whole D'ohboy thing, am just glad it's over and want to thank the moderators for taking care of it. Now let's never mention it again. :)
    B-Boy
    B-Boy
    Golly, even as someone who visits this forum multiple times a day, I had no idea any of this was going on. Sorry to hear you went through this and I'm glad he's gone.
    I Love Lisa
    I Love Lisa
    @kupomog, that makes a lot of sense and thanks for letting me know. My account may be a pretty old one, but I'm still essentially a new user here so I feel I'm not properly clued in yet on the typical board etiquette for this kind of thing.
    I Love Lisa
    I Love Lisa
    @stryke and @Venomrabbit don't worry, I didn't think either of you were being callous or approving of unpleasant behaviour or anything like that. I understand what both of you meant with your posts and like I said, I just felt like I should put my perspective on that thread as someone affected by the whole thing.

Also thanks @B-Boy. No worries about not knowing it was happening; you'd probably have to have been following my posts or something to have picked up on it and I wouldn't expect anyone to be doing that!
    Reactions: stryke
    Okay, what's actually happened here? Apparently @D'ohboy posted something on my page that caused a fuss which I never saw because he deleted it. Now I see his "I love trolling" banner and I feel sure I'm being personally trolled, so I was gonna formally complain and it seems like he might have been already banned? I'm very confused and not very happy that I've been seemingly targeted here. :ashamed:
    I Love Lisa
    I Love Lisa
    No I'm not soured on other people. If anything I'm feeling more faith in people after this whole thing got noticed and I got support on it (where similar things that've happened to me in the past have just been dismissed). I do admit that I have been feeling a tiny bit more anxious about guys talking to me online specifically recently (in a "are they just imagining getting into my knickers?" kind of way) but I'm gonna ignore that feeling because I want to be a nice person and to believe the best of other people as well (unless they turn out actively creepy or trolly that is).

And @Meko where did you acquire that picture of the hand I do all my typing with? :eek:
    • Haha
    Venomrabbit
    Venomrabbit
    Ah well, good, it's a good way to take it. And yeah, it doesn't hurt to be a little cautious. Just as long as you don't start being mean to someone who might have actual issues with socializing properly, I mean. I get having issues with peoples' intent though, I'm extremely prone to second-guessing myself due to life, and never assuming someone likes me even if they say so repeatedly. I've been learning to hold off on accusing anyone who ever says anything nice about me ever of being a stinkin' liar though! :V Just gotta find a good balance but it looks like you're already somewhere in that ballpark.
    I Love Lisa
    I Love Lisa
    Yeah the last thing I want to do is be mean to anyone. I mean, I kept trying to be nice to the guy who repeatedly made me feel uncomfortable all this time! I want to give people the benefit of the doubt and it's best to treat people kindly, so I don't intend to stop that. Besides, I think I've built up a pretty good radar for when people's intentions are iffy by this point anyway.
    Hope you aren’t mad at me for my “I Love Ralph” signature.
    benjovi2004
    benjovi2004
    1709059673646.png
    that's why
    D’ohboy
    D’ohboy
    Because a couple of other users got mad at me for it, after I posted it on your profile. I deleted it so I guess you never saw it.
    I Love Lisa
    I Love Lisa
    Nope never saw anything! Kinda a funny thought that some kind of drama would be happening on my own profile page that I didn't even know about. o_O
    I am both amused and slightly bemused by how active my profile page has become. Am I the forum's hot trending thread right now?
    Since your username is ‘I Love Lisa’ your profile banner and your signature is of Lisa, I bet your favorite character is Milhouse
    If you love Lisa, what’s your opinion on Maggie IMG_7992.png
    Yesterday was super stressful for me and I don't wanna have to repeat it. I'm glad to have got that stuff off my chest and I did sleep a bit better for doing so, but I really hate confrontation and being angry with anyone. I don't wanna sound silly, but my heart was pounding a bit just from pressing the "angry face" post reaction button...! The main thing I want on here is to get along with everyone as much as possible (plus post Lisa stuff! :lisa:), so no more board drama for me please. I want my forum experience to be like this:
    u0P3jZI.gif
    Guys, I'm not overreacting to the whole flirting at me thing am I? I feel so on edge about it that I'm starting to worry about freaking out at genuinely innocuous comments (if I haven't already)... I don't want to be suspicious of someone saying nice things about me (I like to hear nice things like anyone else!), and I really don't want to scare anyone off interacting with me, it's just... being hit on on a site like this... A lot of frankly terrifying memories of harrassment and stalking I've been through elsewhere are being dredged up which can put me on the edge of panic attacks and now I'm feeling paranoid about getting paranoid that it could happen again. :(

Maybe I shouldn't even say anything. My past might be making me worry about things that aren't really there and whenever I've mentioned anything like this elsewhere it only seems to make things worse... In my experience I just get seen as "that girl who can't take a compliment" or something and get harrassed until I end up quitting the website and I really don't want that to happen here...
    Reactions: Snow
    I Love Lisa
    I Love Lisa
    I actually didn't have my gender listed here at first because I've learned from unpleasant experience that being identifiably female online can (unfortunately :() attract the wrong kind of attention and I thought I could at least put doubt in people's minds to head off that sort of thing. That proved kinda pointless when people guessed girl pretty much straight away though (I guess I come across obviously feminine?), so I thought why bother trying to hide it?

I'm gonna cling to the rest of my anonymity with my life though! I've been naive enough to let personal things slip before and ended up with a very unpleasant man trying to stalk me in real life (luckily, I never gave quite enough away that he actually found me!), so I won't make that mistake again.
    D’ohboy
    D’ohboy
    Smart! As the (no longer active) user @Sgt_Snuff once said, "anonymity rocks!" And yeah, I noticed that when you first came back after 14 years you didn't have your gender listed, though I think me and other users just got a "girl vibe" from you so we figured it out. And I'm very sorry to hear that a creepy guy once tried to stalk you. :eek:
    I Love Lisa
    I Love Lisa
    Yeah I don't think I did a very good job of hiding the "girl vibe" really! Not that I was properly trying to I guess. :P

But yeah, the less said about that stalker the better. It's still the most frightened I've ever felt because I know he knew my first name and which town I was living in and I'm convinced he wanted to hurt me... Honestly, I still feel like I might cry when I think about it, so I'm gonna stop now. 😥
    Uh hey, lil' sudden sorry but I gave your posts in the lisa-friend thread a read-through and... I'd answer but they kinda veer close to something I was planning on the analysis thread. And on that note, since a decent part of it would be Lisa-related I'm wondering if you wouldn't mind me running it by you sometime? I mean as a Lisa understander who's not afraid to dig in, your insight would be pretty valuable!
    I Love Lisa
    I Love Lisa
    Yeah run whatever you want by me! I don't think I'm a Lisa expert or anything (just someone who's perhaps a bit too fond of a particular cartoon character) so I can't promise I'll be much help, but I'm happy to give it a look over sure. Send me a PM I guess?
    Venomrabbit
    Venomrabbit
    Oh ta! Well it'll be when I've actually got it ready but that shouldn't be long.

Tbh, you seem to get Lisa better than you're giving yourself credit for and I do worry with my own cynicism towards her, that might colour my perception so even balancing that out is helpful. :P
    I Love Lisa
    I Love Lisa
    Aww thanks, that's actually quite a compliment. I'll give it a read when it pops up and do my best with the balancing out then.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back