Post Simpsons Frames you like

It's decidedly less cute and more weird when you know what the episode is based on.
I am... only dimly aware of what it's based on now to be fair, but I do know what you mean. My eight year old self would have had no idea at all about that though and would have just loved seeing Lisa in a princess dress. Of that I'm sure! (Plus strange source material doesn't make Helvetica Lisa any less cute-looking anyway)

it's lisa appreciation day! nah i just made that up, but check out these frames
View attachment 7514View attachment 7515View attachment 7516
:lisa:Happy Lisa appreciation day!:lisa:
1183515.jpg

(Should be a real non-made up holiday really)

Dunno about you, but Jessica's face when Lovejoy blatantly shows an inability to acknowledge what she did is peak facial art.

1709528501409.png

This is the face of a girl truly sick of someone's nonsense.

On the topic of Bart's Girlfriend, I enjoy this dramatic shot of Lisa's attempt to get Jessica to confess (I love the whole scene to be fair).
1142775.jpg

On the topic of Bart's Girlfriend, I enjoy this dramatic shot of Lisa's attempt to get Jessica to confess (I love the whole scene to be fair).
1142775.jpg
I've said it before and I'll say it again, Jessica would've been far better served as an antagonist to Lisa than the twins ever were.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Jessica would've been far better served as an antagonist to Lisa than the twins ever were.
If we're tallking hypotheticals then I don't see any reason they couldn't both be antagonists for her? More characters means more angles to play with right? Besides it can be pretty inconsistent as to whether the twins actually count as full Lisa antagonists anyway because they can sometimes be kinda chummy with her. ...Although her fantasy bit in Iron Marge does imply that they may be more firmly going in the rivalry direction to be fair.

Also I like the screenshot of that bit, so I'm gonna post it. :P
B8TzwQz.png

1710760885457.png1710760917023.png1710760936355.png
Since My Sister, My Sitter keeps coming up, might as well post some frames from this little sequence, the whole thing is so well composed!

Hey, short time lurker first time joiner! Surprised to see that this one hasn't been posted yet:

MelancholicHomer.png

Perhaps it is far too obvious! I had a bunch more lined up but didn't realise the site had a filesize limitation! Will grab lower quality screencaps of those soon.

Has there been any episode that conveys as many things through its animation, as El Viaje Misterioso Du Nuestro Jomer did? I don't think so!
ba0e45a48243dd385f0274373545fedc.jpg
I love the way the desert sequence is built in particular. It is a way of playing with Homer's loneliness and later with his personal search. I love the way the desert symbolizes how lost he is, that low moment that is represented through this long, arid landscape; details that foreshadow that questioning of whether Marge is his “soul mate” or not, or his personal revelation of how perhaps he and she are not as common as he thought they were. Big fan of how Homer's psychedelic acid trip is executed—with a big part of it being basically Homer talking to himself, he's so alone. The entire episode makes great use of animation to create an atmosphere that emphasizes Homer's journey of reflection.
Screenshot_20240404_092851.jpgScreenshot_20240404_093033.jpg
People might say that the third one is weak, but I don't agree with that. The montage alone is a great piece that emphasizes this revelation for Homer, with him wandering all over the city and his loneliness at a peak (accompanied by the song in the background). I mean, this two shorts alone are wonderful to represent that:
Screenshot_20240404_101716.jpgScreenshot_20240404_093244.jpg
And I don't have to say about the ending. Except I love the way it combines everything - the rain in the background, the sea and waves as the landscape, the lighthouse as an abandoned and lonely place that brings together all of Homer's fears and insecurities. Just chef's kiss
Screenshot_20240404_093348.jpgScreenshot_20240404_093424.jpg

Btw I also love how the action is located at night. The O&W era in particular was very fond of this. And I have to say that it absolutely fits the bill here: I love how it highlights that side of Homer's struggle and how his moment of revelation is seen once he ends up in complete darkness (big fan of how Homer's perspective is represented through Marge as a dark shadow that emerges from nowhere).

How many times did I say "I love it" in this rant about my love for this episode? Oh well! I love this episode.

Since My Sister, My Sitter keeps coming up, might as well post some frames from this little sequence, the whole thing is so well composed!

Okay so I'm late here but really, 'My Sister, My Sitter' is truly a visual masterpiece. Love how they animated it, with special shoutout to the portrayal of Lisa with the face & body expressions. It's great stuff from top to bottom.

Also 'Mysterious Voyage', as exemplified by @Sandboy's above post, is one fine piece of visual storytelling. Another reason to love the Oakley & Weinstein era (with their eyes for the visual & detail side of things(.

Hey, short time lurker first time joiner! Surprised to see that this one hasn't been posted yet:

View attachment 8050

Perhaps it is far too obvious! I had a bunch more lined up but didn't realise the site had a filesize limitation! Will grab lower quality screencaps of those soon.
I originally was gonna post this scene when I saw the thread but couldn't find a decent photo of it (probably should've looked harder tbh) and yeah it is obvious but it is amazing.

One of my favourite scenes of the show, just a very powerful image and that music just adds to being one of the most emotionally charged and moving scenes of the entire show.

There really needs to be more discussion about Lisa's random guitar skills. It's not her instrument, it's not something she is usually shown to own like for example when her sax is stolen she needs to resort to a jug, and yet occasionally she'll bust out the classical gas like it ain't no thing.

Back