Welcome to the No Homers Club, devoted for over two decades to the discussion of the world's favorite animated family: The Simpsons.

If you're not a member of our community, register for free today! Sorry, not you, Homer.

Latest profile posts

ThatCraptacularUser wrote on B-Boy's profile.
Happy Birthday @B-Boy
John95 wrote on Wile E. the Brain's profile.
Well, last night I found myself in a position where I figured I could just watch the last two episodes of Monsters at Work and not feel like I wasted any valuable time doing so.

As previously mentioned, while I can understand what they were trying to go for with revealing that Randall  was the actual sabetour, I stand by what I said about how it comes off as a massive Ass Pull and one that leaves me feeling gaslit! Despite the cold open of the 10th episode trying to justify and explain it all, it comes off as then trying to fit a circle into a square peg and feels as though it just contradicts everything related to the already terrible Arc Fatigue in a desperate attempt to make it slightly less bad but not going the 100% predictable route of having it be  Henry/Roger . At least in Harley Quinn Season 4, they were just upfront about  Harley killing Nightwing  despite how everyone watching already figured that out two months earlier and not pull something out of their ass like it actually being  Clayface  which would've made no sense at all. The fact that Randall barely does anything just further fuels my belief that the idea to bring him back wasn't the direction they were originally gonna take and we're completely unprepared once they made up their minds.  Chet's turn was better built up and more earned. 

That said, while they don't redeem the season at all the last two episodes actually were decent-ish and an OK end to a season that just left me more and more drained the further it went on. Tylor didn't come off as unlikable really, but more of the same as the majority of the season where he's a victim of Informed Wrongness, though it really only applies for the 9th episode of the two. Though I'll be honest by saying that the conflict with him scaring Ben  fell flat because it was just retreading what the original movie did with  Scully scaring Boo , and just came off as more of the unwarranted bleakness that'd been rampant all season.

And I'll admit that it probably was for the best that I'd already spoiled myself on Randall  before watched these as I probably would've been more pissed off by the reveal and gaslighting that came with it if I was watching it as it happened (especially if it was also in the same day I saw Student of the Weak, which also suffered from a similar case of audience gaslighting for the sake of it's plot).

Overall, while the damage was already done, the last two episodes were enough for me to change the season's current label to 'disappointing' which while not good is still better than being labeled 'terrible' even if it still stands as one of the worst non-FG, AD! or TD seasons of a show that I've seen in a while.

(quick tangent: If I'd already not known that Steve Buscemi was brought back as Randall , I would've thought it was a different actor at first because of all the returning actors he sounds the most different compared to the last time I heard him in Monsters University).
Steve Smith wrote on D DEBBS's profile.
happpy birthaversry

Today's Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulienz
Back