Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: The Loud House

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

don't quite cover all CousinMerl's Avatar

@John95, the avatar with Lucy is from an actual episode and not fan made (it's the scene where they stick that pair of googly eyes on her). Don't remember which one at the moment but now that you mention it I'll probably look it up.

EDIT: Found the source. 'The Crying Dame' (season 2).
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 05-10-2019 at 01:41 PM.

Have Brain, Will Travel Wile E. the Brain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CousinMerl View Post
    Another thought that came to my mind about Season 5 aging the characters up a year is the thing about Lincoln, Clyde and their friends starting middle school, what will happen with the school staff characters like Principal Huggins, Agnes Johnson, Pacowski, etc? Will one or more of them they be written out or will it be arranged so that the Loud sisters who will still be at the elementary school after Lincoln's exit (Lisa, Lana, Lola & Lucy) will have them in their plots? Thoughts on this, @Wile E. the Brain?
    Well, I guess the school staff will still have some appearances when episodes will focus around the characters that still are in elementary school, like they did with The Write Stuff with Huggins being in charge of Lucy's writing club. Though I wonder for characters like Agnes Johnson since she'll not have Lincoln and his friends anymore.

@Wile E. the Brain, I'm thinking we will most likely still see the staff to some extent, such as Huggins as he's the principal and, like you said, has already been in 'The Write Stuff' which doesn't involve Lincoln or his friends and for someone like the Coach who has gym class, which covers all the classes, it's shouldn't be a problem.

As for Agnes, maybe Lucy will have her as her teacher in one or more of her school subjects (that is if the school hasn't got her locked to the role of fifth grade teacher)?

@CousinMerl, yeah maybe, but like you said, we don't know if she's a teacher for anything other than fifth grade. I also wonder if Mrs. Shrinivas will have others appearances.

Also, if Lily grows up a bit too, do you think we'll see her in the daycare academy in where she was accepted as it was stated in Potty Mouth ? (I don't know at what age a baby can be placed in such a daycare.)

@Wile E. the Brain, it's very possible we'll see Lily at the daycare academy, unless the Loud parents have a change of heart and puts her at a more normal daycare. And I really wonder how they will handle the Lori situation which could be the biggest change (as then there would be no more "one boy, ten girls" as per the theme song).

Speaking of the characters aging up with season 5, do you think some of the kids might undergo some slight redesigns and change a bit physically as they will grow a year? What things could we expect? For one thing, maybe Lana and Lola loses their tooth gaps (or maybe it gets narrower)?

@CousinMerl, I really wonder too. It will be such a big event and it can lead to a lot of opportunities that I'm looking forward to see how they'll write all of this (how Lori will handle it, how her siblings will handle it, especially Leni which is probably the closest to her...).

I think there will be some slight redesigns here and there but not so much since a year is sure long but not that long, at least not to the point there will be huge redesigns for some of them I guess.

Descriptions of the first four episodes of the season (all Casagrande ones as previously stated).

Friended! (May 27th) - Ronnie Anne makes friends with a girl whose family wants to rent the apartment upstairs. When it looks like another couple might get it first, the girls resort to sabotage to try and dissuade them.

No Show (June) - Ronnie Anne refuses to watch her family's favorite telenovela. But when she sees a clip and becomes hooked, she tries to hide her secret from them.'

Power Play (June) - When a high utility bill threatens Hector and Rosa's annual anniversary trip, Ronnie Anne spearheads a family effort to cut back on usage.

Room for Improvement (June) - Desperate to find a place in their own building, Ronnie Anne and Sid find a hidden room in the laundry area and try to keep it a secret from the rest of the tenants.

I'll be honest and admit that it feels a little disappointing that these will be all Casagrande episodes with seemingly no direct involvement from the Louds (as I previously thought). These episodes sounds like the proper start of the upcoming spinoff (The Casagrandes) so it feels like they should've waiteed with these and had them as the proper beginning of that series now that we know so much about it and it's coming soon; I feel there's no need to piggyback on the original show anymore.

Aside from that these all sound pretty good and promising.

I had the same feeling about those episodes. I don't think it's necessary to use as much as five episodes from season 4 of the original show to prevent the arrival of the spin off if they are 100% Casagrandes, while they could have been transferred in the spin off itself to let season 4 having more Loud-centered episodes.

But regardless, all those episodes sound good (Power Play sounds a little like The Green House, no ? Hopefully, this one will be much better). And I think it's safe to say that I already really like Sid and her chemistry with Ronnie Anne, judging by some short clips from Friended!.

@Wile E. the Brain, yeah, that's another issue with these opening episodes; even if they are as good as they sound they are waste of spots that could've gone to normal Loud episodes (of which there's now technically gonna be less of this season, ironically enough). Another issue might be for those who start 'The Casagrandes' and hasn't seen 'The Loud House' (especially not the Ronnie Anne & Casagrandes episodes) might find they are missing something and need to watch these five episodes to understand things better. Feels like they are desperate to get these out.

And yes, 'Power Play' sounds a little similar to 'The Green House' and might very well turn out better ('The Green House' was a pretty nonsensical episode now that I think back on it; early installment weirdness was probably in effect there).

Also, I noticed you have a Lori avatar now and that reminds me; I saw that she won a character popularity tournament contest on the TLH wiki which was a surprise. I still remember how rather negatively she was received back in the first season and now she is one of the more popular ones; gotta like it when the fanbase does a complete turnaround on characters. Oh, and Lucy came in second (very welcome in my book).
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 05-26-2019 at 10:51 PM.

@CousinMerl, the fact she gained a lot of popularity throughout the years doesn't surprise me. It's clear that she is one of the sisters that had one of the best character developments, since the picture we had from her in the first season was mostly a bossy sister (not only with negative aspects but still; regarding episodes like Get the Message, I can get why she wasn't really popular at the beginning, though it was for me a funny episode, I found Lori very harsh in this one), while throughout the episodes, we saw her more insecure and loving side towards her family, and that did make her more endearing. Myself, I liked her since the beginning but the more the show goes on and the more I love her; she has a number of excellent episodes where she is really endearing and understandable by her insecure aspect (Garage Banned, Selfie Improvement, Driving Ambition, etc.).

@Wile E. the Brain, I too think it's obvious that she's much more beloved now with all the great character development and episodes she's gotten across these past three seasons; I too liked her from the start when she was more or less just the bossy killjoy big sister and often antagonistic and from there I think she only improved and got better, loosened up and became more and more relatable. Many of her episodes are, like you say, of an very high quality and they do humanize her a lot and increases our understanding of her and her struggles and plight as the oldest of the bunch. If she does leave the house and moves to the big city for college in season 5 it's certainly gonna feel a little empty (but Leni as the oldest kid in the house could open up for some interesting plotlines).

Lola is another one who's in the same boat. For many she used to be one of the least popular characters and fairly disliked (though like with Lori I think she was a good character from the beginning) but after all the development she got and how the viewers learned more about whom she is beneath the mean surface (with her insecurities, kind side and more) and with a lot of great, written episodes centered around her it all started to change and now she is one of the most popular (is it just me or might she possibly have the overall selection of episodes of the sisters? The majority, if not nearly all, are top grade in my opinion).

Just going over everything else here real quick, yeah these first four episodes (while sounding good) do come off like unnecessary piggybacking when they could've been better off for the other series. In my opinion, what they should've kept Friended! an episode for this series but leave the rest for The Casagrandes. Though going off what @CousinMerl said, it probably would be for the best to have all five as part of The Casagrandes for new viewers of that show who haven't seen The Loud House.

Power Play sounds like it could be an improved version of The Green House if they're able to accomplish the one thing that the latter didn't: Don't make every character Unintentionally Unsympathetic.

I feel like the description for Room for Improvement kinda gives away the outcome for Friended!

Also, I dunno if I have said this here before but while I do look forward to The Casagrandes, it still does suck that they had to kick Ronnie Anne and Bobby off of the main show and I know someone who's still somewhat bitter about that decision even two years later (and back when it was all just speculation if Relative Chaos was serving as a backdoor pilot for a potential spinoff).
    Family Guy Season 18 Ratings - Yacht Rocky: 1.5/5 Bri-Da: 2.5/5 Absolutely Babulous: 1.5/5 Disney's The Reboot: 1.5/5 Cat Fight: 1.5/5 Peter & Lois' Wedding: .5/5 Heart Burn: 1.5/5 Shanksgiving: .5/5 Christmas is Coming: TBD
    American Dad! Season 15 Ratings - Fantasy Baseball: 1.5/5 I Am the Jeans: The Gina Lavetti Story: 0/5 Stan & Francine & Connie & Ted: 0/5 Rabbit Ears: 1.5/5 Jeff and the Dank Ass Weed Factory: 1/5 Lost Boys: 0/5 Shark?!: 1/5 The Long March: 2/5 The Hall Monitor and the Lunch Lady: 0/5 Wild Women Do: 2/5 An Irish Goodbye: 3/5 Stompe le Monde: 0/5 Mom Sauce: 0/5 Hamerican Dad!: 0/5 Demolition Daddy: 0/5 Pride Before the Fail: .5/5 Enter Stanman: 0/5 No Weddings and a Funeral: 0/5 Eight Fires: 1.5/5 The Hand That Rocks the Rogu: 0/5 Downtown: TBD Cheek to Cheek: A Stripper's Story: TBD

@John95, about what you say about Ronnie and Bobby (and Maria for that matter) leaving the original show for this new one I do share a bit of that sentiment as I do miss them on there and having them interact with the Louds (and I don't think Maria ever got to interact with anyone of the aside from Lincoln), though as I've probably stated before, it's not impossible they might pop up on a visit every once in a while (or vice versa if one or more of the Loud visits the Santiagos and the Casagrandes, as Lincoln and Lori has done before).

So I just saw Friended! which because it has the full title of Friended! with the Casagrandes, I'm gonna go ahead and declare this to be the unofficial pilot for the spinoff.

So as a pilot, it's not the best episode as you can tell that they're still trying to find their footing and setting things up (we even get an appearance by Melissa Joan Hart's character who is Sid's mother), but for what it is it's fine enough. A few other things I'll note.

* There's a character named Mrs. Reynolds who not only looks like a grown up Luna, but is even voiced by Nika Futterman to boot! Hopefully this hints to other members of the main cast popping up in the new series every so often in different roles.
    * I already speculated this, but I can now confirm that the synopsis for Room for Improvement does give away the final outcome of this episode.

I saw Friended! yesterday and I'll talk about it in a bit when I'll have more time but I saw this morning something a little unpleasant : apparently, the Casagrandes' arc does not include 5 episodes, but 9 ! (4 new titles were revealed - Pranks for the Memories, Store Wars, Face the Music and Lucha Fever - and they all imply they are about the Casagrandes since they have "with the Casagrandes" in it.)

Yeah, of course, I'm still happy to see them but... 9 episodes is just too much, with Friended!, that makes almost 1/5 of season 4. Why didn't they keep them for the spin-off and let the season having more episodes with the Loud family ? I start to miss them personally, not gonna lie. (Is there a season 4 curse or something ?)

Haven't seen 'Friended!' yet but will post my thoughts when I see it in a day or two, but damn, 9 episodes in total with the Santiagos and Casagrandes hijacking The Loud House is excessive, even though I really want to see the spinoff and what it has to offer. I really hope that the real season 4 will run for a bit longer to make up for this instead of having the Louds get cut short this time. This is not the right way to start a spin-off.

They should just have set The Casagrandes for premiere in June-July and run it alongsides The Loud House (and had these nine as the first batch of episodes).

@Wile E. the Brain, When they said Season 4 would begin with a five part arc for the Casagrandes, I now can't help but feel that they meant five half-hours rather then five individual episodes.

Anyways, yeah I'm also disappointed with this news because now it does feel like the spinoff is piggybacking off the main series more then ever (especially with the intro from Friended!, which will get old if repeated for the other nine episodes). I really don't get what would've been so bad about saving these episodes for the actual Casagrandes series instead of taking away slots for the actual Loud family (especially if the change in status quo for next season might result in Lori's role being somewhat downgraded as she goes off to college).

I finally watched 'Friended!' the other day and I think it was a pretty good episode overall despite the fact that it's one of many Casagrande episodes in a row in a show that is called The Loud House (and yes, this was definitely the pilot episode but misplaced; wonder how they will gonna handle an eventual home video release of the Casagrandes with these episodes being part of the other show, by the way).

The plot about Ronnie Anne gathering Bobby and the Casagrande kids to manipulate events so that her new friend Sid and her family will be those who moves into the apartment above theirs was a decent one and had a lot of pretty funny moments (though a little selfish and a little mean-spirited in a sense with how cruel they were to the possible tenants and essentially ruined the apartment by making it gross and awful) and an nice, sweet ending where everything came together but not before Ronnie apologized and set things right (which was good).

I do like a lot of the new characters (that I suppose will be recurring) and like the budding friendship between the two girls which was obviously the emotional core (by the way, was it just me who thought that it would end with Sid's family not being the new tenants but still moving in on the same street? I was expecting that since The Loud House does many times stray away from the most expected and doing some things little differently and sometimes unpredictably such as finding a different kind of solution, but then again this is technically another show).

Still, even with this being a good episode (though at times it felt like it was a bit padded so maybe it could've worked as a regular 11 minutes) I still don't like how they are forcing eight more episodes onto the Loud House viewers (and still having the regular ending song feels so odd) but I feel like that by now I've accepted it.

So all the rest of the Casagrandes episodes will be aired in bomb format starting next week,and here are the descriptions for the rest:

Face the Music
    When Ronnie Anne discovers that each family member will perform at Hector's birthday, she turns to Sid for help.
    Pranks for the Memories
    Ronnie Anne's attempts to bond with her cool older cousin Carlota lead to a prank war against the boy cousins.
    Store Wars
    When a fancy grocery store opens on the block, Bobby rallies the family to do everything they can to compete.
    Lucha Fever
    Ronnie Anne fakes being sick to watch a Lucha Libre match, which proves to be more difficult than anticipated.
    All these episodes have with the Casagrandes in the title thus further showing that they should've used these for the actual spinoff series. Hopefully, this'll be the last we see of the Casagrandes before the spinoff launches in the fall as these nine episodes have made the actual eventual return to episodes with the Loud feel longer then usual.

@John95, I must say that had all of these episodes come earlier they could have interspersed them in season 3 like the previous Ronnie Anne/Casagrandes episodes it would've been perfect. Clumping them together now as build up and filling a month with them) feels so clumsy despite liking these characters; I just don't want the episodes all at once when their own show is soon here which is just unnecessary pushin (or might it be because they are worried people won't watch the new show?).

Also, as far as the plot synopsises goes I couldn't help but notice how some fans at the subreddit pointed out that some of them sound similar to The Loud House episodes and I have to agree to an extent, though it's not a problem per se if they are pulled off well and in original ways not to be too repetitive of previous stories (and I have faith they will do these plots justice even if the descriptions don't sound too original).

I wish that the Louds would pop up in a few of these. Just imagine Luan popping up to help in 'Pranks for the Memories', Luna showing up in 'Face the Music' and/or Lynn having something to do in 'Lucha Fever'. It would not only remind the viewers that it's still 'The Loud House' but would add some further enjoyment and not to mention give some interesting interactions between characters who haven't had any interplay yet.

Back after one week to finally talk about Friended!. In all honesty, I think it is a very nice episode. But like you said, I can't help but think it could have been the pilot for the spin-off, and instead of piggybacking the original show with 9 episodes (even if I suppose they meant, by 5 episodes, also the episodes with two segments yeah), they could have launched it this summer as it was initially supposed to be, with this episode as a pilot for it therefore (and the 8 others keeped for the spin-off too).

But don't get me wrong, it's still a big pleasure to see the Casagrandes, as endearings as usual, and I liked the plot with Ronnie Anne having a new friend that she tries to have in the same building than her, in the apartment above. I can get if some people found this a little selfish from Ronnie Anne but I don't have an issue with it. Because we know that Ronnie Anne is a pretty lonely girl (even if she probably still have her friends from City Slickers; wonder if they will make a come-back someday) and she's still a kid, without being aware of the impact of her act. Even if, in this case, Bobby and Carlota should have been mature enough to guess that wasn't a good idea to do this, but I guess they wanted to see Ronnie Anne happy above everything.

As I said before judging by the promo videos, I love Sid. She's the kind of excited and funny girl I usually enjoy a lot, and she has such a nice bonding with Ronnie Anne (a thing that always amaze me with the show is its power to make a bonding feeling genuine even if the two girls know the other since not so long; a scene like their happy dance works so well). I enjoyed her running gag with the birds and for some reason, seing her popping up from a trash cracked me up. I liked Phil Lamarr's character too (funny to hear him since I began Samurai Jack some days before seing this episode). Even if seing him letting the Changs having the apartment sounded a little phoned up, it didn't bothered me. I like this kind of optimistic conclusion that reminds us the show is a lot light-hearted (even if I agree, the ending suggested by Merl would have been less predictable; at least, Ronnie Anne didn't get what she wanted before fixing things).

The humor in this episode was a lot amusing. I especially laughed at Carl fearing for his life, with his abuela thinking he's sick ("I'll never forget this betrayal... if I survive"), and Carlito sushing and his father's reaction to this. Really liked CJ's hammer-screwdriver as well. Like I said, the family's still a lot endearing and it's still a big pleasure to see them; the first scene with them having breakfast shows how much it's possible to introduce them beautifully with one single two minutes scene. Not an amazing episode but a very nice one.

@CousinMerl, when I saw the plots for this bunch, I also thinked it could be neat if the writers take this opportunity to pair up Ronnie Anne or another character from the Casagrandes with one of the Louds, depending of the situation. Like Face the Music, it could have been a lot interesting if Ronnie Anne asked Luna for help, why not after all. But regardless, I'm still intrigued by those episodes. I'm still a little disappointed we have to see 8 episodes about the Casagrandes in a row in the original show, months before the spin-off, without I suppose any Loud involved, while at least they could alternate a Casagrande centered episode with a Loud centered one like you said, but all of them sound nice.

@Wile E. the Brain, it's nice to see that we're in agreement on that they could use these episodes to have some of the Louds get involved with the stories on occasion; for me it's not a must to enjoy these at all since I do like the Casagrande characters and Ronnie Anne's family but I just thought it could be nice and add a bit of extra entertainment to these (or do the alternating episodes as said; to have just a lot of these in a row can get repetitive when they could just as well be held over to the spinoff).

Still the plot of this first episode was good and had some nice gags (despite the ending as said being a little predictable and too neat) and introduced an interesting new dynamic between Ronnie and Sid (whom I really like as well and think has a bright future; she kind of comes across as what if Clyde is to Lincoln, that is if he wasn't a neurotic nerd geek and actually cool). Also, now that you mention it I hope that they won't forget about Ronnie's earlier new city friends (forgot their names except for Nikki, the tall girl with the blue hoodie); I hope that they will show up again.

Furthermore, here's another upcoming episode that we apparently missed mentioning. It does sound like a good one, though:

Roll Model (June 12th)
    When Carl witnesses Ronnie Anne save a dog, he becomes obsessed with being just like his newfound hero.
    By the way, a question that I don't think has been asked yet in the thread: Whom is your favorite Casagrande?

For me it's likely toss up between Carl and Carlota. The former is essentially a male Lola and I think he's prett funny and amusing & the latter is likeable as well as funny in a more low key way (being like a mix of Leni and Lori) and I like the character design.
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 06-12-2019 at 06:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by John95 View Post
    @Wile E. the Brain, When they said Season 4 would begin with a five part arc for the Casagrandes, I now can't help but feel that they meant five half-hours rather then five individual episodes.
    After some reading it seems like this is the case. They usually count each half hour as an episode (with each 11 minute episode being a "segment") as opposed to how we view them (with episodes being both the full 22 minute ones as well as the short 11 minute ones) which does confuse things and it's all promotion for The Casagrandes.

After that I assume it's back to regular Loud House episodes (though strange that they haven't announced any of those yet; haven't seen any episode descriptions beyond these Casagrande episodes).

I saw Power Play and Room for Improvement, and I liked both of them more the Friended! and former is definitely an improved version of The Green House.

Also it appears as though my desire to see the main VA's for this series crossover into the spinoff is being fulfilled as not only is Nika Futterman in Room for Improvement, but as is Cristina Pucelli. Lori also gets a cameo in Power Play, and I guess because this still an episode of The Loud House, Catherine Taber is billed first in the credits despite being such a small part.

Sounds like this batch of episodes is only getting better then. Haven't watched any of this week's releases yet but will get around to it soon.

By the way, @John95, have you seen or heard any news about the episodes past these Casagrande preview episodes this month? Would be interesting to hear what's in store for the main family this season (also, repeating my question from before: who's you favorite Casagrande thus far?).

@CousinMerl, Just looked at the Wiki and sadly no there doesn't appear to be any info yet past these current episodes with the Casagrandes.

I'll have to get back to you on the other question.

I liked both of them two. And I didn't wanted to make the easier comparison that can be done but... yeah, Power Play is definitely a huge improvement after The Green House. I'll write more about them at the end of the bunch.

One thing I noticed with those episodes is that it looks like we have new writers that operate on this show. Except Friended! and Room for Improvement that were written by writers that are here since the beginning, the others from Power Play to Face the Music so far has new writers and I wonder if they'll write some other episodes for season 4 or if they are staff writers from The Casagrandes, which would confirm the theory about those episodes being actually a part of the spin-off but exported in The Loud House.

I guess we will have news about episodes with the Loud family some time after the second bunch. After all, sometimes we have news about the ongoing episodes months before their airing, and sometimes, some weeks before. I truly hope, however, we'll see the Louds again during summer.

About my favorite Casagrande, well I like all of them but I'd say that I'm torn between Rosa (very likeable and funny as well with her taste for good luck charms), Carl (this poor Casanova wannabe as well as a male Lola, arguably the funniest character of the family) and C.J. (very enthusiastic and endearing, and of course a nice representation for people with down syndrome).
    Last edited by Wile E. the Brain; 06-12-2019 at 08:54 AM.

Saw this week's four episodes today and it was a good bunch. I'll write a few words about my opinions on each one as usual.

'Power Play' was certainly similar to 'The Green House' but was definitely superior as it made a much better job with the plot and it's elements and came off as much more of a pleasant and funny episode. Good set up with the anniversary trip for Hector & Rosa and Ronnie gathering her mother and brother to help get the power and water bills down (including some good gags like the unflattering freeze frame of Lori, the result of Ronnies attempt at doing several things at once & Maria going crazy after having used the chewing gums instead of coffee for a week). Nice continuation the various Casagrandes being wasteful and Ronnie setting them straight since the bills are still high (nice one with Carl and the model train). The twist with Sergio being the one who wasted electicity with his party for pigeons in the bodega was surprising and silly (how intelligent and capable is this parrot?) but I liked it and the episode ended well with everything working out. Good one (and a nice callback to the original ep).

'Room For Improvement' was another good one and also a little bit familiar since it reminded me of 'Pipe Dreams' but this one did not feel like a copy-paste episode and put a nice it with Ronnie and Sid just wanting somewhere to watch their K-pop videos in peace and finding their secret room in the basement and trying to keep their family and neighbors from there. Really liked seeing the various characters who live in the apartment complex, not only those we've seen but new ones like Cory and Mr. Nakamura, and the bits with Adelaide, Sid's younger sister, were adorable and great (also cute gag with Sid tricking her to dig her way to Australia in the sandbox); already like her character just as much as Sid, if not more. Also, the ending really set it apart from 'Pipe Dreams' with the two friends not being able to enjoy their secret room due to feeling bad of keeping it a secret from everyone and decuding to make it a personal use room for all tenants to borrow individually. Very likeable.

'Roll Model' was another good episode and the first one of these Casagrande intro episodes to majorly deal with a specific Casagrande, this time Carl. It had an interesting and fun plot with Carl starting to hero worship Ronnie after she saves a squirrel from Mr. Nakamura's dog Nelson. Carl is a fun character and his scenes here were all good by me (also amusing how he followed her everywhere and pasted her face over the one of his favorite TV superhero the Falcon of Fires), I really enjoyed the scene of Ronnie calling her father and hearing that she acted a lot like Carl is doing towards her now but towards Bobby when she was younger & those flashback bits of the younger Bobby and Ronnie were great and sweet (those really deepened their bond). I liked how the solution happened by mistake with some random delivery man save an elderly woman from the cans Ronnie accidentally knocked over and him becoming Carl's new hero which spared Ronnie some time. Solid one overall (with the flashback sequence being my favorite part).

'No Show' was good to. The story of Ronnie being judgemental about the Casagrandes' favorite telenovela before having really seen an episode but secretly starting to love it as she ends up seeing the end of the episode by accident was good, though the execution was a bit basic and felt a little dragged out at times (and I didn't really care for Ronnie trying to admit it but getting inadvertedly shut up instead of just getting to the point right away), but I liked scenes of her going around town to try catch the continuation (even getting herself a haircut like the main character). Liked the hair salon part (with her finally getting to watch this one episode but not the finale) and the reveal about the family having known about her love for the show due to the cranky old lady who forced Ronnie to help her (and got her to miss the finale) and that the spoilers that they had talked aboutwere all false; also nice end with them having recorded the finale so they could watch together. All's well that ends well in this good episode, but probably the weakest one of these.

While I liked this batch I don't think anyone of them was fantastic or even great but the fact that there was no mediocre or subpar ones was nice. Hoping the next and final part of these preview episodes will be even better.

Your brief take on each one, @Wile E. the Brain and @John95?

A good bunch it was, indeed. Nothing really breathtaking this week (though one of those episodes is close to be great in my opinion) but overall, it was really pleasant.

Power Play, besides obviously being an improvement after the big mess that was The Green House, is a good opening to this bunch. This time, the set up is good, it wasn't mean-spirited, the characters weren't unsympathetic, there is a good purpose to everything that happens in this episode, anyway, it worked in every point where The Green House failed miserably. Even if I don't know I can say this is an episode with environmental messages accross, since they do all of this more because of the high bill than for an ecological purpose, but I suppose they are still here in some way with Ronnie Anne giving her advices to the rest of the family and herself learning from her past overuse of electricity; also, the bill at the end of the episode is more and more low so I guess they really learned something. Besides all of this, the jokes are really nice (loved seeing an hyperactive Maria, this is very funny, the animators must have a lot of fun to animate her; I also laughed hard at Carl's line "I made choo-choo noises for nothing ?!"), and it was nice to see the family caring a lot about Rosa and Hector's anniversary trip. I must admit I personally found the real reason of the expensive bill a bit predictable, but I don't care, it was so silly and funny that I liked it.

Room for Improvement was my personal least favorite episode of the week but it was still an enjoyable one. When Power Play was a better version of The Green House, this one seems to be, as you said, a better version of Pipe Dreams (though I find this episode somehow decent; really over the top but amusing). But I feel that this episode was mostly made to introduce new characters, instead of telling a story. I mean, there's still a story of course, and a good one with that secret room that Ronnie Anne and Sid want to keep for them, but I have the feel they didn't have that much material with it. We have the usual scenes where the two characters tries to keep their place secret when they do things in front of the others characters that almost broke the secret, and the opening dragged out a little. But regardless, I still enjoy the fact they made the apartment complex as full of life as possible, and I'm sure the writers also had a big pleasure to create the new characters, they all seems likeable (Mr. Nakamura is a lot funny by the way). The ending is also nice with Ronnie Anne deciding to share the room with everyone. So maybe the weakest one of the bunch for me but still good.

Roll Model, however, was the best of the week to me. I really liked the mix between relatable themes and very good comedy with a bit of silly stuff that worked pretty well (the squirrel). Like I said, Carl is one of my favorite Casagrandes and the one that I find the most funny, and just like the train scene in Power Play, this whole episode likes to remind that he's still a kid and I liked that. It was funny to see him seeing Ronnie Anne as a hero, and the latter somehow taking on the role of a big sister. The humor is top-notch in this episode in my opinion, I laughed a lot (it reminded me a bit Garage Banned with each plan backfiring on Ronnie Anne by the way), and like I said, it's pretty damn relatable. Not only for Carl acting like a kid but also for Ronnie Anne growing up and taking on the role that her big brother had with her when she was a little (very nice flashback that indeed deepens a lot the bonding between Ronnie Anne and Bobby, absolutely adorable). It's a sort of circle and it was nice to see. I think this episode could have been even better if it ended up with an emotional scene between Ronnie Anne and Carl but I liked the ending as it is nevertheless. An excellent episode.

No Show was a good one too. Another episode that develop Ronnie Anne pretty well and reminds that she's still a kid (more grown up than Carl obviously but still), and it does it with a solid plot. I don't have a lot to say about this one, I liked the story, I liked the execution, even if the part where Ronnie Anne tries to admit she wants to watch the telenovela with her family but gets shut up quickly was a little weak (I probably wouldn't mind it if they already knew that Ronnie Anne liked the show at the moment), the rest of the episode is well thought out, nice and funny. The show within the show is a good homage and I liked Ronnie Anne being hooked up on the show to the point she wants to have the same haircut than Ana Ronalda (clever name, I guess). The ending is both funny and sweet, with the reveal that the family already knew about Ronnie Anne being hooked up on the telenovela, and the whole family watching the finale episode, before being interested by a new show.

I think I'd rank the episodes like this : Roll Model > Power Play > No Show > Room for Improvement

While I still miss the Loud family, I really enjoy the fact all of those episode give to Ronnie Anne a strong character development; she has perhaps one of the best character development of the whole series. The more it goes on, the more she's endearing and her personality is deepen, and that's very nice to see; she definitely has the shoulders for her own show, as well as her family. I hope the next bunch will be as likeable as this one, if not even more (I already saw Face the Music, another solid episode that I'll talk about later).

@Wile E. the Brain, I agree with most of what you said about them (for one thing, 'Room' really did feel more like it was set up as an intro episode for the various new characters who also lives in the house so the story was a bit thin, but the humor made up for that and made me like it a little more. Not sure if I liked it more or less than 'Pipe Dreams' which was a pretty funny episode too).

Ranking these four is difficult since I found most of them to be around the same level but here's my approximate take.

Roll Model > Power Play > Room For Improvement > No Show

If anything, these episode do, as you say, do a lot for Ronnie Anne as a character and that's a big plus for these, even though they could've aired these as the first episodes of the spinoff as said before. Just with these few episodes she's gotten more fleshed out and also a bit funnier too (saw someone saying that she's getting Flanderized but nope, I really don't think so and cannot se that; it only feels natural expanding her character like this since she's the lead).

While she's been the focus so far some of the others get some development too despite ending up a little in the background (and I really like that they get some humor from someone like Maria who's usually been a fairly realistic and level-headed character; great animation with her losing it because of skipping coffee and having gum instead. That crazy look reminded me of something from Star Vs.) but it's not to be forgotten that the early Loud House were very Lincoln-centric and the other characters were clearly secondary and the sisters more hive-minded so I'm thinking the Casagrandes will follow the same pattern with expanding to focus on the others too, even individually.

Thread Information