Search results

1. N

How should The Simpsons end?

Here's my idea for an ending: -The "ending" would actually be the whole final season. - It would begin by establishing that they were running out of places for the power plant's nuclear run-off and people would be questioning how long the town had to live. -The town gets a bubble again like...
  2. N

Worst Simpsons Character

there is a difference between worst and least favorite but for me I might honestly say Comic Book Guy. The Simpsons is known for having characters that are both classic comedic archetypes and serious characters in their own right, and when they’re not, usually they’re creating characters so...
  3. N

Why do you hate me?

Becuase you turned into a jerkass in season 11. You’ve made horrible movie suggestions to Mel Gibson, become a disgusting shock food critic, tried to commit suicide when your fifteen minutes of fame ended, cultivated a tomato-tobacco hybrid that turned farm animals into junkies, killed an...
  4. N

I feel like many people consider the early HD seasons to be worse than the recent seasons.

I feel like many people consider the early HD seasons to be worse than the recent seasons.
  5. N

What do you consider to be the worst joke on The Simpsons?

The fact that the writers didn’t seem to be aware of the fact that people actually eat deer and based on the context of the joke it was supposed to be shocking he would eat a “cute” animal makes it worse IMO.
  6. N

What do you consider to be the worst joke on The Simpsons?

I’m not familiar with the more recent seasons so there may be lots of worst things, but there’s one joke I hated in a 1990s episode - the baby deer thing in Homer’s song in Guess Who’s Coming To Criticize Dinner. To be fair there are probably a lot of things like this in Scully and Jean...
  7. N

How The Simpsons Could’ve Stayed Fresh(er?)

I think it would be nice to just cancel the regular Simpsons when a main cast member dies/retires and continue the franchise through spin offs. Usually I loathe spin-offs (The "SpongeBob universe" is a lie) but considering the plot and character diversity this show has had from the start I think...
  8. N

Best Romance Episode?

I voted The Way We Was but Bart’s Girlfriend is my favorite. If Lisa’s Substitute counted I would say that.
  9. N

Well, perhaps my solution wouldn't "fix everything", but do you at least agree it would make the last decade and a half better for the show than it has been?
  10. N

Regardless of what exactly one considers to be the classic era, the general consensus among Simpsons fans is that the Golden Age of the Simpsons is that it ended sometime around the turn of the century and that seasons three thru eight were the peak of the show. One interesting thing about...
  11. N

Worst classic era episodes?

I consider season 1 classic era so I’ll say Homer’s Odyssey and Homer’s Night Out (for obvious reasons) Homer Defined - I remember feeling this one just wasn’t as good as most episodes of it’s time. The writing felt a little bit off, makes sense as it was apparently a free lance writer. Homer...
  12. N

Are there 5 characters who are your least favourites and really don't like?

Mine are (in no order) 1. Comic Book Guy (I just think his voice is annoying and I’m not into superheroes or sci-fi so I don’t find his constant allusions funny. If Groening had got his way and CBG’s real name was Louis Lane that would’ve been his one funny element) 2. Duffman (Just slightly...
  13. N

Name the episode where the Simpsons visited your country

every episode aside from the ones where they go somewhere else (This is a joke, I’m American lol)
  14. N

First episode you ever watched

Bart the Genius
  15. N

Welcome to the NHC: New Members, Introduce Yourself Here

Hi, I am Neon2500! I have seen about 80% of episodes from the classic era of the Simpsons as well as a few episodes from each era after that. I also love the Simpsons guide-books and enjoy learning about the history of the franchise. Not for nostalgic reasons or anything but I am a...
  16. N

Worst classic era episodes?

A kids show created by John Swartzwelder is something I’d love to see. Though his episodes feature a fair amount of edgy jokes (as all the Simpsons writers do), his writing has a much more imaginative, childlike and absurd quality to it, but in the best way possible. Even his later episodes I...
  17. N

Was season 7 a drop in quality compared to seasons 4 - 6

While I wont say they “understood” The Simpsons more than David Mirkin did, I do definitely like the direction Oakley and Weinstein took the show in. I prefer the emphasis on characterization and clever humor and it reminds me of the first three seasons which are my other favorite seasons of the...
  18. N

Weird Dreams about The Simpsons

Had a dream where there was a street performer doing the dialogue from Simpsons episodes in sign language
  19. N

Very unpopular opinions.

Back when The Simpsons was focused on the kids people watched it, and there are many successful shows that aren’t just for kids focused on kids.
Back