• 2/5

9 5.29%
  • 1/5

6 3.53%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: R&R HOMR

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

R&R HOMR

This is my fave episode from season 12 and season 10 onwards and i wanted to know what you lot thought of it

I'll give it a 5/5 and a A

Overrated but still one of the best episodes of the season. 4/5
    Season 27 Ratings
    Awful, probably

Stonecutter

I wouldn't say it's overrated when you give it 4/5 CO. We'll see what the poll delivers...

Anyway for me it's stupid. It spoils Lisa the Simpson. it just should never of happened. Still OK for humour etc and the letter at the end was sweet. 3/5.
    Last edited by Drunk Barney; 08-13-2010 at 05:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunk Barney
    I wouldn't say it's overrated when you give it 4/5 CO. We'll see what the poll delivers...

Anyway for me it's stupid. It spoils Lisa the Simpson.
    You keep on saying that but you never back it up. How does it spoil LtS?

and it's just overrated a tad.

He means Lisa The Simpson's continuity.

Decent episode in a bad season 6/10

The first act is shit. The rest is ok, but I bet if it didn't have a sweet ending it wouldn't get half as much praise as it does.

C+

an underrated episode very good 5/5

Stonecutter

Carolyn Omine- Yes what Butters says. The whole things unrealistic. And no to say it's B+ and to say it's a tad Overrated is not true. Search a rate Season 12 thread, and your see the average grade will probably be around a B- or so. So if anything you mean a tad underrated

VeryJammy- lol!
    But I think that's what makes the episode fix together. It just needs that touch for it all to fit together. It's like Painting a wall without doing your prep work.

But what I'm saying is, up until that moment it's very mediocre-average episode and then because in the middle of the emotion-free Scully era they put in a nice little moment with Homer and Lisa everyone goes 'ahhhh' and overinflates its grade just because a Scully episode even attempted something heartfelt (and I still wouldn't say it necessarily worked that well

Stonecutter

If it weren't for that it would be taken down from a 3/5 to a 2.5/5. How did it not work?

truely a great episode. I believe it won the emmy that year too.

I was not built to baaake Ms. Botz's Avatar

Definitely a 5/5. One of my favorite episodes ever, no matter how overrated it may or may not be.

Come back, Zinc!! Sniper Squirrel's Avatar

I gave it a 4/5, one of the few really good season 12 episodes, I love Moe's line about Dame Edna
    I'm just like Krusty!
    I'm Krusty, who are you? by NoHomers.net

Backdoor Sluts 9 makes Crotch Capers 3 look like Naughty Nurses 2

The Chunnel's gonna blow!

It's alright. 3/5.
    Season 18 Grades
    The Mook, the Chef, the Wife and Her Homer: C+
    Jazzy and the Pussycats: D-
    Please Homer, Don't Hammer 'Em...: F
    Treehouse of Horror XVII: C-
    G.I. D'oh: B-
    Moe 'N' A Lisa: B
    Ice Cream of Margie (With the Light Blue Hair): B
    The Haw-Hawed Couple: B
    Kill Gil: Vols. 1 & 2: C
    The Wife Aquatic: N/A
    Revenge is a Dish Best Served Three Times: C
    Little Big Girl: A-
    Springfield Up: A-
    Yokel Chords: B
    Rome-old and Juli-eh: C-
    Homerazzi: B
    Marge Gamer: B-
    The Boys of Bummer: B
    Crook and Ladder: C-
    Stop Or My Dog Will Shoot!: C-
    24 Minutes: A-
    You Kent Always Say What You Want: C

Season Rankings
    4>7>3>8>6>5>2>9>1>10>15>13>14>12>18>11>17>16

Filthy Repulsive Anteater Mr_Scorpion's Avatar

There's a lot that I love (the ending, Homer imitating Lisa, the octo-parrot, Carl's "does he even work here anymore?") and a lot I don't like (the entire premise, for one.) Plus it still bothers me that they made Moe the surgeon instead of capitalizing on a perfect opportunity to use Dr. Nick. Oh well. It evens out to 3/5.

boognish be praised camelenchilada's Avatar

nice loose parody of "flowers for algernon" in my opinion.
    decent episode overall.
    3/5

welcome to my town sacrelicious's Avatar

One of the two best post-classic episodes (IMO the other being Tis the Fifteenth Season) that come to mind at the moment. The end makes the episode, and although it's probably justified to over hype the episode solely based on the end, it is one of the best endings in the history of The Simpsons, not just post-classic. 5/5
    Notoriety for whatever reason, never seems to benefit the noted, only the 'notees'

Don't bad-mouth the head! Xt'Tapalatakettle's Avatar

The whole last act is top-notch. First act not the greatest thing ever done. Gotta give it 4/5.
    Favorite Episodes (by Season): Season 1: Krusty Gets Busted, Call of the Simpsons
    Season 2: Blood Feud, Itchy & Scratchy & Marge, Bart the Daredevil
    Season 3: Radio Bart, Burns Verkaufen der Kraftwerk, Bart the Murderer
    Season 4: Homer the Heretic, Krusty Gets Kancelled, The Front
    Season 5: Cape Feare, The Last Temptation of Homer, Sweet Seymour Skinner's Badasssss Song
    Season 6: Bart's Girlfriend, Bart of Darkness, Homie the Clown
    Season 7: Summer of 4ft 2, Lisa the Iconoclast, Bart Sells His Soul
    Season 8: The Itchy & Scratchy & Poochie Show, The Springfield Files, The Secret War of Lisa Simpson
    Season 9: Girly Edition, The Cartridge Family, Lisa the Skeptic
    Season 10: They Saved Lisa's Brain, Lisa Gets an A, Simpsons Bible Stories
    Season 11: Grift of the Magi, Brother's Little Helper, Beyond Blunderdome
    Season 12: Hungry Hungry Homer, The Computer Wore Menace Shoes, Trilogy of Error
    Season 13: The Bart Wants What It Wants, Poppa's Got a Brand New Badge, Sweets and Sour Marge
    Season 14: I'm Spelling As Fast As I Can, The Bart of War, Mr. Spritz Goes to Washington
    Season 15: Milhouse Doesn't Live Here Anymore, Tis the Fifteenth Season, The Wandering Juvie
    Season 16: Thank God It's Doomsday, The Heartbroke Kid, Fat Man and Little Boy
    Season 17: The Seemingly Never-Ending Story, Marge's Son Poisoning, Bart Has Two Mommies
    Season 18: The Haw-Hawed Couple, 24 Minutes, Little Big Girl
    Season 19: The Debarted, Midnight Towboy, Eternal Moonshine of the Simpson Mind
    Season 20: Gone Maggie Gone, Take My Life Please, Homer and Lisa Exchange Cross Words

Formerly Mladen Rest your giant head's Avatar

I didn't like it at first,but it's growing on me a lot! The first act was average,but the rest is brilliant. 5/5
    Marmalade,I love marmalade...

It took me a while to realize it, but this is actually a very cool episode. Its final act is definitely superior to the others, but I don't think the difference is quite as pronounced as some are making it out to be. Great ending and, general Scully-era characterization issues aside, it's a real shame that the show isn't this funny anymore. 4.5/5

Hold onto your dick Green_Peaness's Avatar

I don't know why, but I've grown to hate this episode. I just hate smart Homer with a passion. It's a memorable episode just for the premise, and I know it's not even that badly written, but it's one of my least favorite of the Scully era. 1/5
    Ultra-exclusive ass-burger club members: Green_Peaness, Mysti_Pony, Reverend Lovejoy, DoTheBartman, McMeatLoaf, BatofZion, ppoi307, Wendy Windbag

Seinfeld > Simpsons

Black music owns

Irreverent Humor Throughout Blake's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Good episode, reminds me of the great book Flower's For Algernon, but placing Homer in Charlie's situation. I really liked alot of it, even the odd twist that there's been a crown up his nose all along, and Dr. Hibberts reason for missing it. It had alot of other good jokes but one I found a little unnecessary was when Homer proves to Flanders that there isn't a God, I didn't really have a problem with it until Homer had to post it under everyone's windshield, but other than that I thought it was a nice sunny patch after a stormy season

4/5

a good episode for me
    with an interesting point of view of Homer's relationship with Lisa.
    Also a funny story in general imo.

3.5/5

I'm baaaack! Patches O'houlihan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Veryjammy
    The first act is shit. The rest is ok, but I bet if it didn't have a sweet ending it wouldn't get half as much praise as it does.

C+
    I wouldn't call the ending sweet even if you dumped a bag of sugar on it. Instead it was disturbing as the letter basically said: "I can't love you Lisa as I'm just normally smarter than a houseplant." Then followed by the shitty, saturday morningish Homer flying through the window...ugh. And not only was the ending shit, SMRTR Homer pretty much acted like a walking cliche on what "Smart" person must be like. (Only Smart People wear Cardigans!)

With the exception of Bart to the Future, this has to be the most overated episode, ever. The only reason this didn't recieve the hate it deserves is it didn't totally suck compared to it's contemporaries.

1/5.

Well, ya'know if you stay positive and forget about trivial things like "proper characterization," "Satire," and "emotional depth" watching new Simpsons episodes can be a seemingly enjoyable lie.

Hold onto your dick Green_Peaness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jake
    I wouldn't call the ending sweet even if you dumped a bag of sugar on it. Instead it was disturbing as the letter basically said: "I can't love you Lisa as I'm just normally smarter than a houseplant." Then followed by the shitty, saturday morningish Homer flying through the window...ugh. And not only was the ending shit, SMRTR Homer pretty much acted like a walking cliche on what "Smart" person must be like. (Only Smart People wear Cardigans!)

With the exception of Bart to the Future, this has to be the most overated episode, ever. The only reason this didn't recieve the hate it deserves is it didn't totally suck compared to it's contemporaries.

1/5.
    Oh right, that's what I meant. Worst Homer characterization ever? He needed to get a huge slap in the face while "doing the little jig" onstage.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake
    Instead it was disturbing as the letter basically said: "I can't love you Lisa as I'm just normally smarter than a houseplant."
    Umm...what? The letter said that he was able to appreciate her more when intellectually aware, not that he was only able to love her when intellectually aware.

Then followed by the shitty, saturday morningish Homer flying through the window...ugh.
    That was the joke. It's called using exaggeration for the sake of humor. It's done quite often in comedy, you know.

28. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Elliot76

Blog Entries

In my opinion, 'They Fixed Homer's Brain' of the Simpsons Comics did a much better job on parodying the great book 'Flowers for Algernon' (one of my personal all-time favorite pop culture materials ever) and also Homer-Lisa relationship. I liked the concept of the episode, but in my opinion some things weren't just done really in a right way. Crayon up in the brain? Well, it is a cartoon and things can get really wacky for the sake of gags, comedy and such... but just because it can be, it always does not translate to be likable or anything. Ending was bit sweet, not that memorable or anything, personally. The humor was pretty good and I did laugh at some moments, I'd say that. Anyways, it is a funny episode, but some things did not really... click on me and it is really hard for me to grade the episode. I am going with C with this episode now... well, yeah I did vote 5/5 for this episode way back when, but not anymore

the original Sex Pistol

I liked this episode, the Homer-Lisa-characterisations was very well-written. Overall maybe a B+, I went with 5/5, but I guess that was a bit too much.

fan fatale of Takena Nagao jal90's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It has some good jokes (not a lot), but this episode is idiotic. Extremely superficial at characterizations and plot development, absurd and ineffective. I pretty much agree with Jake's opinion, though it's a 4.5/10 for me.

Thread Information