What do you imagine characters smelling like?

My gosh thank you for resurrecting this nearly 10 year old thread. I was losing it this morning, reading every single reply LOL. What a brave topic. Everyone is so creative.

Here's some of mine:

• Ralph Wiggum probably smells like Elmer's glue and cat pee.

• I feel like Sherri and Terri have some type of cheap Justice or Claire's spray that smells like artificial grape flavoring.

• I feel like Skinner smells overwhelmingly of Vitalis hair cream (or whatever products he uses to make his hair look like that) and a dollar store aftershave. I also love someone's theory that he smells like Mother's cooking, that's amazing🤣.

• I totally agree that Marge smells like fresh linen! Maybe a tiny bit of perfume when she goes out.

• Maude would smell like chocolate chip cookies, God rest her soul.

• Honestly; Ned too.^ Maybe more like cinammonny snickerdoodles.

• Most of the characters that drink and smoke a lot would have that trapped in their clothing and have this depressing aroma of cigarette smoke about them. Selma, Patty, Edna, etc.

• I used to like Gil but after last week's episode I HIGHLY doubt Mr Gunderson smells nice. Maybe old dry cleaning at the best. :shake:

• CBG would smell like nachos and that plastic scent of Funko Pops and sealed comics IMO.

• I think Disco Stu has an overwhelming shimmery body spray that smells like cotton candy and that annoying cologne smell.

• Since Chalmers's suit is Armani according to a deleted scene, I imagine he smells like old cigars and an equally overpriced cologne like Polo Blue.

• I've seen a lot of mixed opinions on Burns. I say he smells like rubbing alcohol, licorice, menthol, and copper pennies.

• Krusty probably smells like cigarettes and whipped cream. And maybe strawberries 🤣.

• I feel like Apu would smell like sandalwood incense and cardamom, and then the secondhand gross 7/11 type fake-hot-dogs-and-cigarettes smell.

• Unlike others, I feel like Homer would smell like beer but in a good comforting sweet way, almost like the smell of a homemade bread or cinammon roll.

• ^Not like Barney who would have an overwhelming whiskey type smell (among other offensive odors).

• I feel like a lot of the more normal-ish characters (Smithers, Lou, Kirk, Lovejoy, etc) and most kids (Lisa, Martin, Bart, etc) don't have any smell associated with them.

• However the teenagers (Jimbo, Shauna, etc) probably overwhlmingly smell like Axe body spray.

• And the squeaky-voiced teen would totally smell like Krustyburger french-fry cooking oil.

I hope I managed to do this in a non-creepy way🤣

Last edited:
My gosh thank you for resurrecting this nearly 10 year old thread. I was losing it this morning, reading every single reply LOL. What a brave topic. Everyone is so creative.

Here's some of mine:

• I feel like Sherri and Terri have some type of cheap Justice or Claire's spray that smells like artificial grape flavoring.

• I feel like Skinner smells overwhelmingly of Vitalis hair cream (or whatever products he uses to make his hair look like that) and a dollar store aftershave. I also love someone's theory that he smells like Mother's cooking, that's amazing🤣.

• I totally agree that Marge smells like fresh linen! Maybe a tiny bit of perfume when she goes out.

• Most of the characters that drink and smoke a lot would have that trapped in their clothing and have this depressing aroma of cigarette smoke about them. Selma, Patty, Edna, etc.

• I used to like Gil but after last week's episode I HIGHLY doubt Mr Gunderson smells nice. Maybe old dry cleaning at the best. :shake:

• CBG would smell like nachos and that plastic scent of Funko Pops and sealed comics IMO.

• I think Disco Stu has an overwhelming shimmery body spray that smells like cotton candy and that annoying cologne smell.

• Since Chalmers's suit is Armani according to a deleted scene, I imagine he smells like old cigars and an equally overpriced cologne like Polo Blue.

• I've seen a lot of mixed opinions on Burns. I say he smells like rubbing alcohol, licorice, menthol, and copper pennies.

• Krusty probably smells like cigarettes and whipped cream. And maybe strawberries 🤣.

• I feel like Apu would smell like sandalwood incense and cardamom, and then the secondhand gross 7/11 type fake-hot-dogs-and-cigarettes smell.

• Unlike others, I feel like Homer would smell like beer but in a good comforting sweet way, almost like the smell of a homemade bread or cinammon roll.

• ^Not like Barney who would have an overwhelming whiskey type smell (among other offensive odors).

• I feel like a lot of the more normal-ish characters (Smithers, Lou, Kirk, Lovejoy, etc) and most kids (Lisa, Martin, Bart, etc) don't have any smell associated with them.

• However the teenagers (Jimbo, Shauna, etc) probably overwhlmingly smell like Axe body spray.

• And the squeaky-voiced teen would totally smell like Krustyburger french-fry cooking oil.

Officer Lou is my favorite secondary character he is neat and cultured so my opinion he smells nice!

I wonder what Lenny and Carl smell like when they're drunk, of course it stinks of alcohol, and as I recall Lenny has severe dandruff.

Here's some of mine:

I'm not sure Kirk is a tidy character!

Officer Lou is my favorite secondary character he is neat and cultured so my opinion he smells nice!
Go Lou! What kind of nice smell are you thinking of? Clean laundry or something else? I could see a chewing gum type smell maybe.
I'm not sure Kirk is a tidy character!
LOL, he smells like a cracker factory....jk.
He smells like dignity.
1713035146372.png
Yeah depending on how hard of a time he's having, I could see it being better or worse. :lol:

@Kirk Man Shoutin’ As our resident Kirkster I am very curious about your opinion on this important topic.

Go Lou! What kind of nice smell are you thinking of? Clean laundry or something else? I could see a chewing gum type smell maybe.

He smells like dignity.
View attachment 8371
Yeah depending on how hard of a time he's having, I could see it being better or worse. :lol:

@Kirk Man Shoutin’ As our resident Kirkster I am very curious about your opinion on this important topic.
He obviously smells like dignity, but his job at the Cracker Factory has left him with resting cracker smell, he was a big wheel at the factory after all

He obviously smells like dignity, but his job at the Cracker Factory has left him with resting cracker smell, he was a big wheel at the factory after all
Forget RBF, Kirk has RCS 🤣
I'm so glad we got some insight from a trusted source, thank you, and LOL I love that line so much.

Also, after rewatching this clip, I bet the cracker factory peanut-butter room would smell really good. :lol:

Slightly related cracker factory story...
For close to 10 years, I lived in Fair Lawn, New Jersey where there was a large Nabisco factory built in 1958!
IIRC, they made all the nation's Animal Crackers as well as some of its Ritz and Oreos.
I found out firsthand they did not offer tours (when we came in asking for a tour or at least some fresh Oreos, we got kicked out LOL) - but the whole city occasionally smelled like cookies/biscuits. It was a splendid, but as of 2021ish they've shut down and are now gonna be a truck warehouse. Which I doubt will smell as nice.​

Also I'm shamelessly bumping this thread because I need to know more people's character smell opinions🤣

Funny enough, not the first time I've heard of the purple pests being associated with grapes. Personally, I like to think it's two different kinds of grapes that either smell the same or the difference is totally negligible. Like white grapes for one, red for the other.

Think with the Flanders flock in general, they'd smell of nothing, whatsoever, no matter what. Given Flanders really likes plain flavours and all...

Burns apparently has a very old-man smell (or as Smithers puts it, "an enchanting musk") else I'd say he smells like a corpse :P

Admittedly, not too many takes on the topic, as much as I like assigning tiny little headcanons to things, my sense of smell is bad and I'm even worse at describing them...

He smells like dignity.
View attachment 8371

I'm sure Lou smells of fragrant men's perfume as well as shampoo because his hair needs a lot of care I think.

Forget RBF, Kirk has RCS 🤣
I'm so glad we got some insight from a trusted source, thank you, and LOL I love that line so much.

Also, after rewatching this clip, I bet the cracker factory peanut-butter room would smell really good. :lol:

Slightly related cracker factory story...
For close to 10 years, I lived in Fair Lawn, New Jersey where there was a large Nabisco factory built in 1958!​
IIRC, they made all the nation's Animal Crackers as well as some of its Ritz and Oreos.​
I found out firsthand they did not offer tours (when we came in asking for a tour or at least some fresh Oreos, we got kicked out LOL) - but the whole city occasionally smelled like cookies/biscuits. It was a splendid, but as of 2021ish they've shut down and are now gonna be a truck warehouse. Which I doubt will smell as nice.​

Also I'm shamelessly bumping this thread because I need to know more people's character smell opinions🤣
The whole city smelling like cookies sounds amazing, sad they shut it down though, Kirk would be pissed to find that out

Squeaky Voiced Teen smells sickly sweet in the way that working in fast food just permeates your skin and clothes in a really nasty way.

Also I really wish this wasn't a thread cause now I'm sure that Homer smells utterly rank and I really didn't need to think about that.

Idk why but Smithers smells like hand sanitizer
LOL. Y'all ever smelled the Eucalyptus one at Bath and Body Works?
I could see Smithers with something like that.
2343905_0000.jpg

Better yet, imagine this but Malibu Stacy ahhahaa. I feel like he'd definitely have to hide it in his jacket though. Too embarrassing to have anyone see that at work.
barbie-hand-sanitizer-orange-50-ml-pack-of-2_1_display_1512042292_82117534.jpg

Squeaky Voiced Teen smells sickly sweet in the way that working in fast food just permeates your skin and clothes in a really nasty way.
Oof, gross. Very visceral description. :lol:
I feel like, at best, it's a popcorn smell cuz sometimes he's out working the theater.
Also I really wish this wasn't a thread cause now I'm sure that Homer smells utterly rank and I really didn't need to think about that.
Hey don't forget I said Homer smells llike beer/cinammon rolls! That's my headcanon anyway. :lol:
I have no problem with Jerkass Homer smelling bad though.
In fact, in his first appearance:
2b4bf09c-d431-4db2-bac2-426c482b3eb9_text.gif

b19ff7d8-3e2f-475e-b461-07d18fba89f9_text.gif

6dc514b4-6010-4e50-8207-056612e2f2c8_text.gif

I imagine that the families smell like each other (E.G. ned, rod, todd, and maude smells are interchangeable), while the addicts smell like whatever they're addicted to (E.G. homer and barney like alcohol, patty and selma like cigarettes, otto predominantly of weed, but depending on the day, you may catch some alcohol or miscellaneous substance on him). addicts in families smell more like their substance of choice than anything.

according to "the fool monty," smithers smells like drugstore cologne. HOWEVER, it's worth noting that smithers was grieving burns' supposed death and had moved town, so it's possible that he may have just started using cheap cologne because of one or both of those things, not because he always smells like that.

Idk why but Smithers smells like hand sanitizer

canon description aside, this makes total sense to Me. I'm definitely adding this to My long list of smithers headcanons :thumbsup:

Burns apparently has a very old-man smell (or as Smithers puts it, "an enchanting musk") else I'd say he smells like a corpse :P

I always interpreted "old man stink" as, like, that smell old people have. I can't describe it, but you (or at least I) experience it when visiting grandparents or standing behind an elderly person in line. (apparently there's a wikipedia page on it, too? the more you know)

however, the now-lost "a message from springfield republication party headquarters" short portrays mr. burns as actually just being a somehow-living, decayed corpse, so corpse smell is absolutely plausible, now that I think about it.

Back