What’s your top 10 favorite episodes?

Great choices but why my sister my sitter? As never a big fan of this one because of ho needlessly mean Bart is. It’s always been one of my least favorite season 8. I think it does have some great moment though, I’m not knocking it.
I thought the humorous parts where hilarious like the two story outhouse or Bart ordering a big sandwich. And yes while Bart was a jerk to Lisa at least at the end he apologized and Lisa got to continue her babysitting job regardless of all that happened in the episode.

1 Marge vs the Monorail
2 Mother Simpson
3 Rosebud
4 Deep Space Homer
5 And Maggie Makes Three
6 Bart on the Road
7 Scenes from the Class Struggle
8 Cape Fear
9 $pringfield
10 Homer Badman

10. Homer's Triple Bypass: A good, emotional episode with some good jokes in it
9. Marge Be Not Proud: Probably the only good Marge & Bart episode so far imo
8. Lisa's Substitute: Mr. Bergstrom is probably one of the best guest characters and I liked his mentor-esque relationship with Lisa
7. Cape Feare: Best Sideshow Bob episode
6. Lisa's Rival: Allison is a good rival character for Lisa, and the Sugar Subplot has a few funny moments. Plus, it has some of the best Ralph Wiggum quotes
5. You Only Move Twice: Hank Scorpio...just, Hank Scorpio, that's all I'll say
4. Trilogy of Error: Probably one of the best POV (not sure if that's the best way to describe it) episodes out there, I just love how this episode tells the same story from 4 different perspectives and I hope more shows do it, not just Simpsons (Hopefully Bob's Burgers does one).
3. Lisa's Sax: My favourite flashback episode, it was nice seeing the origin of Lisa's Sax, and about Bart's first day of school which is something I hope we see for Lisa but I highly doubt it will happen
2. Bart Sells His Soul: This episode is so rewatchable and I love Bart's dilemma in this episode
1. Lard of the Dance: This is probably an unpopular pick, but yeah, this episode is my #1 episode. Personally, I just find it so rewatchable and its a comfort episode for me, and I love both the A Plot and the B Plot and I liked how it ended with both plots intertwining. The B Plot is where most of the jokes are for me as for the A Plot, I just like seeing Lisa's dynamic with Alex, also, its one of few times where Lisa actually has friends at the start of the episode (and the only (and so far, last) time Allison was one of them).
Thought I would update my Top 10 from the last time I posted it:

10. Lemon of Troy
9. Flaming Moe's
8. Grampa vs. Sexual Inadequacy
7. Bart's Girlfriend
6. Homie the Clown
5. Mother Simpson
4. Summer of 4 Ft. 2
3. Lisa's Substitute
2. Lisa's Rival
1. Bart Sells His Soul

Looking at my previous Top 10 list, the only episodes that have stuck around are Lisa's Substitute, Lisa's Rival & Bart Sells His Soul

just curious, I haven't watched The Simpsons in years, but why do you consider seasons 33 and 34 to be an "interesting era"?
I never thought seasons 33 and 34 were outright good but they're interesting to talk about. They're the most creatively energized the show has been in over 2 decades. Especially 34. It also helps that both seasons are home to some of the best episodes in a long, long time.

I never thought seasons 33 and 34 were outright good but they're interesting to talk about. They're the most creatively energized the show has been in over 2 decades. Especially 34. It also helps that both seasons are home to some of the best episodes in a long, long time.
I see, thanks for the reply. As you can imagine, I haven't watched either one. For lately I've started to miss The Simpsons lol, so I'm planning on rewatching the seasons I like and then probably move on to more recent ones.

10. Lisa vs Malibu Stacy
9. Wild Barts Can't Be Broken (I only got into the series for real when it came on Disney+, and this is the episode that got me hooked lmao)
8. Two Dozen and One Greyhounds
7. Two Cars in Every Garage and Three Eyes on Every Fish
6. Homer Defined
5. The Springfield Files
4. When Flanders Failed
3. Homer's Odyssey
2. Brush With Greatness
1. Last Exit to Springfield

Last edited:
Back