Simpsons cosplays!?

Have you ever cosplayed as a Simpsons character?

• Yes, as an adult!

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Yes, as a kid

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Not yet, but I'm planning to

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, but I've considered it

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • NO AND I WOULD NEVER

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MaggotMagnet

Pin Pal
Curious whether anyone has ever cosplayed as a Simpsons character they liked, for Halloween or for a con!
  • If you've done it, how was it? Where'd you go? And how did you handle yellowing the skin, if applicable?!?!
  • If you're interested in doing so in the future, what occassion would you cosplay for, and what character(s) would you dress as?
  • If you're totally opposed to the idea, what makes you opposed? :)
Cosplayers can also post pics if wanted.

Looking forward to hearing everyone's opinions!

(Apologies if this thread already exists; if it does, plx link me to it.)

Last edited:
When I was little, I used to sometimes fold in the straps or sleeves of my tops and dresses to wear them like a strapless dress which I called a "Lisa dress". Not the right colour or the right cut of skirt or anything, just a dress worn around my chest under my shoulders, often with a loose sleeve or two dangling out to the side and only around the house. Wasn't allowed out in public just looking like I couldn't wear my clothes properly!

Don't know if that counts as "cosplay" or not but it's a funny little memory of mine that seeing this thread brought up. I also remember once trying to accentuate the Lisa look by trying to stick balls of wet tissue paper to my neck to copy her pearls, but all that led to was an awful mess so I only tried it the once.

Interesting, so far most voters have considered it but hadn't done it!!! Who will be the first NHC in 2024 to play the cos?!
Oh and one person cosplayed a Simpson character as a kid. Nice! Kinda wish I did too.

As for myself, I haven't ever done a Simpsons character, but I must admit I have been eying teal jackets and purple shirts on eBay.... IMG_2399.jpeg :lol:
Maybe if I'm brave, I'll appear at a NJ hotel con in June and bring some mini candy burgers to hand out. But we'll see. It'd be my first time cosplaying at a con in like 5 years!

The only characters I've cosplayed are (ok i thought this list would be short but it's not)
  • Sheen Estevez from Jimmy Neutron
  • Robbie Rotten from Lazytown
  • Medic from TF2
  • Dale Gribble from KOTH
  • Murdoc from The Gorillaz
  • Squaridot from a Steven Universe game, went to NYCC
  • Plankton from Spongebob
  • Also Sniper and Soldier from TF2
  • Captain Hook (for a musical)
  • Ricky from Grease (for a musical)
When I was little, I used to sometimes fold in the straps or sleeves of my tops and dresses to wear them like a strapless dress which I called a "Lisa dress". Not the right colour or the right cut of skirt or anything, just a dress worn around my chest under my shoulders, often with a loose sleeve or two dangling out to the side and only around the house. Wasn't allowed out in public just looking like I couldn't wear my clothes properly!

Don't know if that counts as "cosplay" or not but it's a funny little memory of mine that seeing this thread brought up. I also remember once trying to accentuate the Lisa look by trying to stick balls of wet tissue paper to my neck to copy her pearls, but all that led to was an awful mess so I only tried it the once.
LOL, awwwwww, thank you for sharing such a wholesome and sweet memory!!!! The Lisa dress!!! Those types of sleeves and strapless dresses for 8-year-olds definitely existed in 2000s brooklyn. I might've associated them with Lisa too! Although they're comfy I really hated having to constantly tug them up LOL it was a full-time job.

Oh my gosh the tissue paper story is so funny to me🤣Noo! Someone get that kid some cheap fake pearls - or floss, a needle, and some popcorn, lol.

Would you ever consider cosplaying as Lisa now for Halloween for example? Or, would you ever subtly incorporating vaguely Lisa-inspired fashion like an orange/white outfit or outerwear similar to her coats?

I wouldn't be able to slip in any subtle things like that at my workplace; my coworkers already yell "SKINNER!" when they pretend to be mad at me so I definitely couldn't incorporate a purple shirt without getting ribbed about it.🤣
Have you SEEN Simpsons cosplays!?
*shudders*
Ohhh my!!!! Which do you mean? What makes them creepy (and can that be avoided in any way)?

For some reason the only cosplay that comes to mind is the big mascot type Universal suits, which are admittedly funny looking. And then two of my friends (one was Otto, and another did Burns one year and Skinner another year).
Total nightmare fuel
Oh no! It is?!
Y'all gottta post about what NOT to do 🤣

LOL, awwwwww, thank you for sharing such a wholesome and sweet memory!!!! The Lisa dress!!! Those types of sleeves and strapless dresses for 8-year-olds definitely existed in 2000s brooklyn. I might've associated them with Lisa too! Although they're comfy I really hated having to constantly tug them up LOL it was a full-time job.
Ha ha it really did require a lot of tugging which is why one time I had the "smart" idea to try and create the look by wearing a t-shirt like that, tugging it down so the collar wrapped under my arms instead of around my neck. It... certainly made it fit tighter which eliminated the need for tugging, but it also ruined the elastic so I never did that again. Maybe I should've just asked nicely for an actual strapless dress instead of trying to turn my other clothes into them? :P

Oh my gosh the tissue paper story is so funny to me🤣Noo! Someone get that kid some cheap fake pearls - or floss, a needle, and some popcorn, lol.
Plastic pearls make the girl after all! I was actually kinda funny about jewellery in those days though (was kinda nervous of wearing it for some reason) so I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have have worn an actual necklace like that anyway. And popcorn I'd have just eaten I know that.

Would you ever consider cosplaying as Lisa now for Halloween for example? Or, would you ever subtly incorporating vaguely Lisa-inspired fashion like an orange/white outfit or outerwear similar to her coats?
In theory it's something I'd consider for a Halloween party I guess, but Halloween essentially doesn't exist for me so that'll stay just a theory. And honestly I'm far too self-conscious as an adult to do cosplay of any sort really. I must admit that I do have some stuff in those colours though and I do get a little kick out of wearing them because it feels just a little bit "Lisa-y". :aww:

...That starfish hair is something I've never even attempted to replicate even when I was a little kid though.

Ha ha it really did require a lot of tugging which is why one time I had the "smart" idea to try and create the look by wearing a t-shirt like that, tugging it down so the collar wrapped under my arms instead of around my neck. It... certainly made it fit tighter which eliminated the need for tugging, but it also ruined the elastic so I never did that again. Maybe I should've just asked nicely for an actual strapless dress instead of trying to turn my other clothes into them? :P
LOL I feel like that method would be near painful and destroy the t-shirt so I understand why you would desist :lol:
And yes, though in a pre-Amazon (or rather, Amazon was just an online bookstore) ...... in a pre-clothes-shopping-being-done-online era, I remember how tough it was to get the exact type of clothing I imagined in my head.

Plastic pearls make the girl after all!
EYES! PEARLS! SMILE! HAIR-POINTS!
DRESS! VOICE! SHOES! SWATCH WATCH!

swatch watch gif.gif

I was actually kinda funny about jewellery in those days though (was kinda nervous of wearing it for some reason) so I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have have worn an actual necklace like that anyway. And popcorn I'd have just eaten I know that.
Mmm, cronchy necklaces.
shopping

Jk we all know this is just glucose, dextrose, and food coloring.

In theory it's something I'd consider for a Halloween party I guess, but Halloween essentially doesn't exist for me so that'll stay just a theory. And honestly I'm far too self-conscious as an adult to do cosplay of any sort really.

Valid!
I must admit that I do have some stuff in those colours though and I do get a little kick out of wearing them because it feels just a little bit "Lisa-y". :aww:
HAHAH AWWW! THAT MAKES ME HAPPY!
...That starfish hair is something I've never even attempted to replicate even when I was a little kid though.
If it's any consolation, the little girl Lisa is based on... looks like this!

Last edited:
GASP! Someone has done it.
Does the person who voted yes dare to share your wisdoms/bravery? Would be cool to know! :D

Last edited:
LOL I feel like that method would be near painful and destroy the t-shirt so I understand why you would desist :lol:
And yes, though in a pre-Amazon (or rather, Amazon was just an online bookstore) ...... in a pre-clothes-shopping-being-done-online era, I remember how tough it was to get the exact type of clothing I imagined in my head.
Ha ha yeah, very much a failed experiment that one for both those reasons, but hey I was what around 6-8 at the time and kids are gonna play around and do silly things right? And yeah online shopping of any description just did not exist back then so you just had to get what you found. I find it kinda interesting that you mentioned before about strapless dresses for little girls being a thing in 2000s Brooklyn though because I don't think I remember ever seeing such a garment in real life back in 1990s England and thought it was just something from a cartoon.

Mmm, cronchy necklaces.
shopping

Jk we all know this is just glucose, dextrose, and food coloring.
True that is all they are, but I ate many of these when I was little (they used to be regularly in bags of sweets).

HAHAH AWWW! THAT MAKES ME HAPPY!
Ha ha just to be clear that doesn't mean I'm turning up at work to teach a bunch of kids in a strapless dress I just quite like clothes in those colours is all. (Also my t-shirts with Lisa on them, but that's very casual wear :P )

If it's any consolation, the little girl Lisa is based on... looks like this!

Oh what is that video? Some kind of Groening family movie? Never come across that before. (And the real life Lisa doesn't really resemble Lisa Simpson no, but at least she has the hair colour right over my dark and curly locks)

I once cosplayed as one of the Mackleberry twins for a St. Patrick's Day Parade back in 2013 in my village as part of a Simpsons themed float me and my foroige club was doing, although I was one of a handful (I'd say, 5-6 of us) who actually dressed up as a Simpsons character.

I was originally planning on been Bart, but then I decided to switch when someone else requested to be Bart instead (and said person never cosplayed as Bart in the parade at all). Regardless, it was an interesting experience, although I really hated the wig I had, had to take if off before the parade even begun. Some of us also had yellow face paint for the characters too, myself included even thou Sherri & Terri don't have yellow skin, and it irks me to this day that I made that stupid mistake.

I would be willing to cosplay as a Simpsons character again, but I'd look for a more, accurate costume, and if I were to choose the next character I'd dress up as, it would be Homer Simpson.

Also, meant to answer your questions, although I have sort of answered the first two already.
Curious whether anyone has ever cosplayed as a Simpsons character they liked, for Halloween or for a con!
  • If you've done it, how was it? Where'd you go? And how did you handle yellowing the skin, if applicable?!?!
As I said, we just used paint, and I think it was just the face, I'd have to look back on the DVD to see. It is probably the only time I have worn a skirt in my life (at least, I think it was, or maybe a dress, its been over 11 years since that parade so its hard to remember).
  • If you're interested in doing so in the future, what occassion would you cosplay for, and what character(s) would you dress as?
Either Halloween or a Convention, but most likely the former more than the latter as I don't really go to conventions both.

I once cosplayed as one of the Mackleberry twins for a St. Patrick's Day Parade back in 2013 in my village as part of a Simpsons themed float me and my foroige club was doing, although I was one of a handful (I'd say, 5-6 of us) who actually dressed up as a Simpsons character.

I was originally planning on been Bart, but then I decided to switch when someone else requested to be Bart instead (and said person never cosplayed as Bart in the parade at all). Regardless, it was an interesting experience, although I really hated the wig I had, had to take if off before the parade even begun.
That's a really cute story! I'm sorry that other kid stole your chance to be Bart (without even using it themselves!), but it does sound like you had fun anyway and I think Sherri/Terri is an interesting choice to dress as even if the wig was itchy. I love the idea of a Simpsons float like that!

Some of us also had yellow face paint for the characters too, myself included even thou Sherri & Terri don't have yellow skin, and it irks me to this day that I made that stupid mistake.
Ah well little kids make little mistakes like that so I wouldn't let it bother you at all. What you needed was @Venomrabbit there supervising, she'd make sure any Mackleberry cosplay is flawless I'm sure!

Ah well little kids make little mistakes like that so I wouldn't let it bother you at all. What you needed was @Venomrabbit there supervising, she'd make sure any Mackleberry cosplay is flawless I'm sure!
HAHAH, I can't help but admit I thought of Venomrabbit too!!! If anyone could do a spot-on Mackleberry...! (Though it might necessitate cloning herself?)
Ha ha yeah, very much a failed experiment that one for both those reasons, but hey I was what around 6-8 at the time and kids are gonna play around and do silly things right? And yeah online shopping of any description just did not exist back then so you just had to get what you found. I find it kinda interesting that you mentioned before about strapless dresses for little girls being a thing in 2000s Brooklyn though because I don't think I remember ever seeing such a garment in real life back in 1990s England and thought it was just something from a cartoon.
Yes!!! Thank Goodness for eBay!!!!! A local suit
I CAN HARDLY CONTAIN MY EXCITEMENT!!!!!!
1713384091291.png
It is mine now MWAHAHA!!!!

Not sure if I should post cosplay updates in here or if that will be ceaselessly irritating so I'll try to keep it to a minimum.
I've seen some, scary Homer masks
A brief Google search has shown me you're right, they do hit the uncanny with those white goggles and stuff lol! I'd much rather a Homer that looks like a realistic mostly-bald 1950s father except, y'know...dumb and yellow.

Some of us also had yellow face paint for the characters too, myself included even thou Sherri & Terri don't have yellow skin, and it irks me to this day that I made that stupid mistake.
Hey, fair enough! They are in the Simpsons world, so I understand why you went with a yellow, as it helps categorize the character for those unfamiliar with the show. Occasionally Sherri and Terri are colored as a pale yellow.
I never noticed how whitish-grey their skin actually is...kinda like that queasy Wendell kid, haha.
Terri_and_Sherri_Smell.jpg

Either Halloween or a Convention, but most likely the former more than the latter as I don't really go to conventions both.
Halloween is a great cosplay excuse! It's the one I usually take. But RN I'm preparing for Castle Point Anime Con in New Jersey in a couple weeks (yay). I don't often go to cons either.
would be willing to cosplay as a Simpsons character again, but I'd look for a more, accurate costume, and if I were to choose the next character I'd dress up as, it would be Homer Simpson.
*homer voice* Ooh!

I would love to see a Jackomon Homer. I see the profile pic is already that, lolol!

HAHAH, I can't help but admit I thought of Venomrabbit too!!! If anyone could do a spot-on Mackleberry...! (Though it might necessitate cloning herself?)
Alas, I'm outright allergic to cameras... and being looked at. I'm like a Boo but in real life...
1713440966019.png
Hey, fair enough! They are in the Simpsons world, so I understand why you went with a yellow, as it helps categorize the character for those unfamiliar with the show. Occasionally Sherri and Terri are colored as a pale yellow.
I never noticed how whitish-grey their skin actually is...kinda like that queasy Wendell kid, haha.
Y'know, I've seen people asking about that for the longest time, I do wonder if that was meant to be significant in some way but had become kind of an artifact. They don't have Wendell's health problems. I think a lot of people wonder if they were meant to be Asian since those characters tend to have lighter skin on the show... in fact in 30 minutes over Tokyo several of the background folks have a similar tone...
1713443827950.png
Plus some of their other features could be taken as somewhat typical like the narrower eyes. Notice a fair few upturned noses on other designs too. So yeah, I wonder if they were supposed to be and that it went over the later staffs' heads since they still don't look so obviously stereotypical as Akira and it wasn't something that had any bearing on their character like Kumiko.
(That said, taking their dad into account, they'd only be partially Asian at most)

Oh right, cosplays. Well like I said, I hate being even looked at so I've never done that. Family never did Halloween either.

As far as quality/nightmarishness goes, it definitely depends on how willing you are to stylize instead of being very literal!

Y'know, I've seen people asking about that for the longest time, I do wonder if that was meant to be significant in some way but had become kind of an artifact. They don't have Wendell's health problems. I think a lot of people wonder if they were meant to be Asian since those characters tend to have lighter skin on the show... in fact in 30 minutes over Tokyo several of the background folks have a similar tone...
View attachment 8429
Plus some of their other features could be taken as somewhat typical like the narrower eyes. Notice a fair few upturned noses on other designs too. So yeah, I wonder if they were supposed to be and that it went over the later staffs' heads since they still don't look so obviously stereotypical as Akira and it wasn't something that had any bearing on their character like Kumiko.
(That said, taking their dad into account, they'd only be partially Asian at most)
Ohhhhh, that would make sense! I could totally see that!

1713458461113.png
They're so cute! From "Moms I'd Like to Forget."
Also is it just me or is their dad kinda fine ?!!?!?!?!? SORRY
1713458529767.png
Lol, just noticed the Ralph joke.

Yeah, from the looks of things, the Mackleberries' mom Jerri is almost definitely Asian-coded when compared with similar characters. Compare her facial proportions and skin tone to that of Cookie Kwan in the same shot:
1713458649871.png
This tracks since their last name, Mackleberry, is most likely the paternal last name. The name Mackleberry itself is near-fictional, but I theorize it as an anglicized version of the German place name Mecklenburg, so the paternal side of the family likely de-Germanned it for political reasons circa the 1910s, 1940s, or upon their pre-1910 Ellis Island/Castle Garden immigration.

I suspect Jerri is American; she doesn't have an accent, right? I wonder if there are any hints as to Jerri's cultural ancestry? I wish we knew her maiden name.:ashamed:

If she is fully Asian genetically, so the girls are probably 50%.

WELL NOW YOU GOT ME CARING ABOUT THE MACKLEBERRY FAMILY! :lol:

Also, the suit has been ordered!!!!!!!! It arrives Saturday!!!!!!!!!! I AM SO EXCITED. I also managed to gel my hair into a Skinner-like shape the other day!!!
I really look forward to figuring this out. I will be at Castle Point Anime Convention on Sunday April 28th!

Last edited:
Also, the suit has been ordered!!!!!!!! It arrives Saturday!!!!!!!!!! I AM SO EXCITED. I also managed to gel my hair into a Skinner-like shape the other day!!!
I really look forward to figuring this out. I will be at Castle Point Anime Convention on Sunday April 28th!
Ha ha I must say I admire your confidence to actually go to a convention dressed as Skinner. I'm far too restrained to do anything like that (and averse to drawing attention to myself and all), but hope you have fun there!

Ha ha I must say I admire your confidence to actually go to a convention dressed as Skinner. I'm far too restrained to do anything like that (and averse to drawing attention to myself and all), but hope you have fun there!
Aw thank you so much!!!!!! :D
I must say, growing up doing acting and musical theater, being a queer autistic nerd, and dressing up as historical characters for work have all desensitized me from making a fool of myself in public, lol. :lol:

View attachment 8531
ALSO MFW the tie that will complete my Skinner cosplay is having to go through Cincinnati Ohio 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Other details no one asked for...
Under the guidance of my friend Kara who once cosplayed Otto, I will be having yellow gloves because apparently painting anything but the face is a doggone nightmare.
Yellow Mehron paint has done a great job covering my natural skin color! I will be sealing with Makeup For Ever powder as recommended by a Sephora employee because the goal is to dry out the paint, rather than Mehron setting spray (the original plan) which only adds liquid and ruins the effect.
I will not post pics till next week's Castle Con, but I have a feeling it will be glorious!
The Skinner jacket is being tailored now to be more canon accurate - i.e., I asked my favorite tailor to shorten it. I can't wait till y'all see it.

Sorry for my ridiculous postings hahaha. I know I am just amusing myself with this but I am just too dern excited.

Aw thank you so much!!!!!! :D
I must say, growing up doing acting and musical theater, being a queer autistic nerd, and dressing up as historical characters for work have all desensitized me from making a fool of myself in public, lol. :lol:
Ah as someone who grew up mostly quietly sitting out of the way and avoiding stages and things as much as possible it does sound like how we spend our formative years does affect our sensitivity to such things. :P

That said if I ever do end up at a costume party or something I think I've decided on the perfect outfit!
1280995.jpg

Ah as someone who grew up mostly quietly sitting out of the way and avoiding stages and things as much as possible it does sound like how we spend our formative years does affect our sensitivity to such things. :P

That said if I ever do end up at a costume party or something I think I've decided on the perfect outfit!
1280995.jpg
My gosh that would be a hilarious thing to cosplay LOL. I love cosplaying a character in a costume.

Now that I think of it, Lisa Floreda kinda reminds me of TKAM Scout's ham costume. It had no right being that funny LOL.
enhanced-buzz-26008-1382898511-24.jpg

Going as Floreda reminds me of this fantastic costume contest hosted by a Brooklyn Simpsons trivia group in 2017😂
Full article here.
Simpsons-Costume-Contest-6.jpg

Simpsons-Costume-Contest-1.jpg

Simpsons-Costume-Contest-Winner.jpg

At some point I'll post pictures of my own 'tume but only when it's no longer embarrassingly half-complete.
So far here are the ingredients - proud to say that the clothings are all second hand vintage purchases on eBay!!!

s-l500.webp
s-l500.webp
s-l500.webp
71nZiZM8DpL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg
s1911395-main-zoom.jpg
71q7XmAwFjL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
GUEST_01f42ad2-86ed-4737-8751-3bf8d72e94cf

Plus my existing hair, mousse, belt and black dress shoes.

Exciting times!

Hi everyone...so... THE CON WAS SOOOOOOO FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unfortunately, I still haven't gotten the headshots and runway video, but I NEEDED TO SHARE the pics I do have!

So here are ONLY A FEW Skinner cosplay pics from both days!!!

skinner gif.gif

GMVlUJJW8AAahLj
GMVk1SBXoAAOYRD
GMVkB_UXcAA5aUc
GMVkKPvW4AAbyNw

I made a lot of props no one but myself would appreciate such as a recreation of this paper which I recently showed to @Bohdan:
GMVi5BtWwAAu0c-
GMVjCFPWQAEWzDl

POV - you hold the red pen! The exact student/staff name list from "Yellow Subterfuge."

I also handed out about 10 gummy Skinnerburgers, to anyone who made a Steamed Hams joke!

Happily, I had a brief moment onstage (!!!!!!!!) which, unfortunately, I don't have video evidence of - YET!

Once I have the screenshot recreations and the stage video, I will be putting it all together in a (very) long Imgur post for posterity.

So there's still a few things left to share.

But man, I just couldn't wait to show you guys!

Oh, and as a sendoff...here you go.

Hi everyone...so... THE CON WAS SOOOOOOO FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unfortunately, I still haven't gotten the headshots and runway video, but I NEEDED TO SHARE the pics I do have!

So here are ONLY A FEW Skinner cosplay pics from both days!!!

View attachment 8823

GMVlUJJW8AAahLj
GMVk1SBXoAAOYRD
GMVkB_UXcAA5aUc
GMVkKPvW4AAbyNw

I made a lot of props no one but myself would appreciate such as a recreation of this paper which I recently showed to @Bohdan:
GMVi5BtWwAAu0c-
GMVjCFPWQAEWzDl

POV - you hold the red pen! The exact student/staff name list from "Yellow Subterfuge."

I also handed out about 10 gummy Skinnerburgers, to anyone who made a Steamed Hams joke!

Happily, I had a brief moment onstage (!!!!!!!!) which, unfortunately, I don't have video evidence of - YET!

Once I have the screenshot recreations and the stage video, I will be putting it all together in a (very) long Imgur post for posterity.

So there's still a few things left to share.

But man, I just couldn't wait to show you guys!

Oh, and as a sendoff...here you go.
Ahh the true joy of cons, the utterly insane character crossovers we never knew we needed!

GMVi5BtWwAAu0c-
GMVjCFPWQAEWzDl

Ha ha I love the attention to detail to go so far as recreating that list! (Also there's some very funny names on that list - Booker T. Report and Bort Sampson really stand out to me :lol: )

Looks like you had a lot of fun as well so glad it all worked out. Kinda makes me wish I was a bit more outgoing and open to stuff like this myself, but hey I don't see that happening with awkward old me.

Back