Preview / speculation about the upcoming episodes of The Simpsons.

Curious why don't is in all caps, the fandom Simpsons wiki is nothing but fake information if your getting it from that (don't check the place much as it'll just make me annoyed af, so I'm not sure).
To be honest, I'm a little bit stressed out at the moment, that's why. And no, it's not because of what someone said to me in the other thread from somewhere back on Wednesday, you probably wouldn't want to see someone yell at me in the other thread from somewhere back on Wednesday if I were you guys. Sorry for being off-topic

Last edited:
To be honest, I'm a little bit stressed out at the moment, that's why. And no, it's not because of what someone said to me in the other thread from somewhere back on Wednesday, you probably wouldn't want to see someone yell at me in the other thread from somewhere back on Wednesday if I were you guys. Sorry for being off-topic
That was me...

But I apologized and now me and @HomerFan1998 are cool. :)

I don't mean to be off-topic, but for those of you who haven't checked out my thread yet, go check it out (please)!

A season 36 episode could be written by ChatGPT, being the first official Simpsons episode written by an A.I. I don't think!. The Simpsons' staff wouldn't despise their human writers and their efforts. I already know that South Park already did it!.

Last edited:
Perhaps I could see 'The Tipping Point' be a Bart and Lisa episode (or maybe a Homer and Lisa episode either way), considering it's not actually gonna be a game-themed episode

Perhaps I could see 'The Tipping Point' be a Bart and Lisa episode (or maybe a Homer and Lisa episode either way), considering it's not actually gonna be a game-themed episode
And I think that the episode with the production code of 35ABF08 could be the season 36 season premiere to premiere in late September.

And I think that the episode with the production code of 35ABF08 could be the season 36 season premiere to premiere in late September.
It might be a possibility for now, although it's been a while since we ever had a season premiere that's showrun by Al Jean, I believe that last happened when S32 first started, if my memory's right

"Bart's Brain" could be a modern version of season 1 episode "Bart the Genius" with more "Kwyjibo". (in my opinion).

Last edited:
I'll also tell some random speculation, that is unusual for me who likes precision (even in speculations). So… I found some other fresh "The Beautiful Game" bearer of the title, that could be inspiration for "The Beautiful Shame". This is Netflix sports drama of 2024. The premise
The squad of English homeless footballers, including the talented but troubled striker Vinny, are led by their coach Mal, to compete in Rome at the global annual football tournament, the Homeless World Cup.
Add some there a "shame" part and there is a decent plot.

A soccer (football ⚽) plot could be fun. Sports haven't always been used well in Simpsons (boys of bummer) but there's comedy potential if they don't go too far. I liked do the wrong thing and it's satire on blue collar sports, why not give soccer some focus?

No doubt if it's true if Christine Nangle actually wrote The Beautiful Shame, since Al Jean did say on Twitter earlier this year that 'The Yellow Lotus' and 'The Beautiful Shame' are different upcoming episodes. If anything, you guys may want to expect Brian Kelley to be the co-runner for an upcoming episode that's written by Christine Nangle coming up this fall

Rewatched "Duffless" and felt relieved that even though they're probably killing off Larry in "Cremains of the Day," there will still be a backup

two_larrys.png

Rewatched "Duffless" and felt relieved that even though they're probably killing off Larry in "Cremains of the Day," there will still be a backup

two_larrys.png
Oh yeah, honestly wouldn't be surprised if there more than one Larry clone out there.

Perhaps like Raphael in My Life as a Vlog, Larry has a secret underground clone facility where he keeps cloning himself.

Oh yeah, honestly wouldn't be surprised if there more than one Larry clone out there.

@Dark Homer's screenshot from Duffless depicts Larry and his less known twin brother Barry. It's good to know that the latter's around as when Larry will pass away in the episode, Barry can easily slip into the role like a glove and then, at the end of the story, officially changes his name into Larry so there'll be no notable effect on the status quo for most viewers from that point on.

@Dark Homer's screenshot from Duffless depicts Larry and his less known twin brother Barry. It's good to know that the latter's around as when Larry will pass away in the episode, Barry can easily slip into the role like a glove and then, at the end of the story, officially changes his name into Larry so there'll be no notable effect on the status quo for most viewers from that point on.
Have you learned nothing from Lunchlady Dora, Fit-Fat Tony, Snowball 5, and Armin Tamzarian?

On second thought, I could actually see The Tipping Point be another Mr. Burns episode (although he already appeared in an episode that's written by J. Stewart Burns from back in last year)

X of the Y
Cremains of the Day

Cremains_of_the_Day_promo_3.png
1. Plot ("When Larry, a regular at Moe's tavern, dies, Homer and the bar boys embark on a journey to scatter the ashes… but will their friendship die as well?") - To kill off background character, nobody cares? If this in order to get rid of overproduced animated cells (sorry for such rude saying, if smth) and replace with fresh character - sure, why not. But the point is the story with Moe's tavern barflies. Another their shared adventure, friendship trial with obvious answer, whether it dies or NOT, drunk jokes blah blah blah. I'm not keen on it. It is a Family Guy-ish premise. As promotion shows, the episode to rely on gags. Can't say Larry is was so beloved, centric within gang character like Chip Devis. I am not into the story, even if all it can deliver is weird funny jokes and "another their shared adventure blah blah blah". 2,5/5. That's generously for such plot.
2 The biggest possible problem relates again to the plot. The Simpsons rarely are good with such dark, funeral stories. Maybe it's personal, but I don't apricate, when over grief story (even imaginary, even over Larry) they do much of fun, including that late hype with "who's dying?".
3. The writer is John Frink, whose recent efforts with "co-runner" method (not to mention forgotten fact that he is himself a full showrunner) were truly great in respective seasons - «Bartless» and «Pixelated and Afraid». A stumbling block here is Tim Long. He is the worst showrunner so far. And he can turn Frink's abilities into 180 degrees (well, ok into 90 degrees as there were said Frink is writer-EP) and can push him back to «Go Big or Go Homer». The director is unknown, but taking that emergency "the more capable first", let's just for experiment assume, it's Timothy Bailey (moreover, vibes from «The Last Barfighter» found in the plot (that's coincidence).
4. Promotional stuff I mentioned several times is bad this time. It reveals the story to be weak, consists of fantasies, unfunny gags and doesn't show at all the emotional part the story needs. That recent Matt Selman's promotion on "who's die" if not to be parody on «Alone Again, Natura-Diddily» as I read, wouldn't be much.

SO, The only bright is good writer (and possible good director). The story to be poor, the jokes to be unfunny. However, as we already got trusted friendship plots, there IS hidden potential. 3,5 to 3 (OK-to-decent)

OK, so Larry being the one to die is official, then? Or are we still just spitballing here?

As for the episode itself ('Cremains of The Day'), I still think the premise is interesting (even though the plot itself, with the Moe's crew drawn into an misadventure, doesn't sound like anything original) and I like the sound of the creative team behind it (Matt Selman, John Frink & Tim Long) so I wonder how they'll do a darker, more somber episode like this (and if they'll do it any sort of justice). At least it is not a Jean episode so I don't see any reasons to be all negative about this one, but I am cautiously optimistic. Yet, I see far from a disaster. Guessing a 3/5.

Also judging by the plot for 'Cremains of the Day', sounds like tonight's episode is gonna be a very wild ride for any of us. It'd be a shame that someone really dies somewhere in tonight's upcoming episode. Glad it's not gonna be either Homer, Moe, Lenny, Carl, Marge, Bart, Lisa and or Maggie, but I wouldn't be surprised if Barney or Larry the silent barfly would either be the ones who would die. Anyway, I guess I'll probably give this 3/5

Also judging by the plot for 'Cremains of the Day', sounds like tonight's episode is gonna be a very wild ride for any of us. It'd be a shame that someone really dies somewhere in tonight's upcoming episode. Glad it's not gonna be either Homer, Moe, Lenny, Carl, Marge, Bart, Lisa and or Maggie, but I wouldn't be surprised if Barney or Larry the silent barfly would either be the ones who would die. Anyway, I guess I'll probably give this 3/5
None of Simpson family members will die. They are the main protagonists of the show. The show staff can't kill canonically any of main Simpsons characters, unless in non-canonical episodes such as the "Treehouse of Horror" saga.

It'd be a shame that someone really dies somewhere in tonight's upcoming episode. Glad it's not gonna be either Homer, Moe, Lenny, Carl, Marge, Bart, Lisa and or Maggie, but I wouldn't be surprised if Barney or Larry the silent barfly would either be the ones who would die. Anyway, I guess I'll probably give this 3/5
Its Larry, its so obviously Larry, the FoxFlash images basically spoiled that fact.
None of Simpson family members will die. They are the main protagonists of the show. The show staff can't kill canonically any of main Simpsons characters, unless in non-canonical episodes such as the "Treehouse of Horror" saga.
Also, like with what Anthony said, its not gonna be any of the family members outside of the THOH. Honestly, I'd be surprised if they do that, and I do hope they don't.

And also, looking at the promo pictures for 'Cremains of the Day', I'm guessing that it's gonna be directed by Gabriel DeFrancesco. 'Cause we already know that Mike Frank Polcino will direct 'Bart's Brain'

Back