Sgt_Snuff
Reaction score

Profile posts Postings About

• Happy borthday ma dude! Should you ever come back to NHC please know you're missed and your research/enthusiasm has made a huge contribution around here!😁
    I’ve noticed occasionally when someone replies to a text, the og comment will be shown in a different language. There’s a diverse range of people here, and im wondering if the site translates based on ip, or if there’s a language setting?
    Just curious I guess. Either my theory is true or there’s a glitch that turns shit Russian lol
    Skinner saying bazinga is the worst thing the shows made him do 💀
    Hair loss is a bitch, I’ve been going through telogen effluvium (temporary thank god) for 5-ish months and it’s took a sizable chunk out of my confidence. It’s noticable until I put my hair in a bun so guess I’m gonna have to wear this hairstyle now till I either get a haircut or wait 3 years till my hairs back to regular thickness ://
    Idk why I’m suddenly admitting, I’ve been having trouble falling asleep cause I’m pretty frustrated over it
    Had a principal Skinner moment, tonight I woke up SCREAMING (with a panic attack)
    Reactions: D’ohboy
    Swartzweldian
    Swartzweldian
    Oh man... Another Vietnam flashback? :aww:

I sorta know the feeling, although I've never woke up actually screaming lol. Try to unwind real good before bedtime and don't tax your brain too much before sleep.
    Sgt_Snuff
    Sgt_Snuff
    Don’t worry I didn’t wake up screaming! Wrote this a little confusingly, twas’ just a panic attack, wanted to make the Skinner reference anyway though
    I Love Lisa
    I Love Lisa
    Honestly had the exact same thing the other night (well, no actual screaming, but panicking to the point I felt like I couldn't breathe) so you have my sincere sympathy with this!
    So I was gonna post this in the analysis thread but do you ever feel like Skinner actually believes in Bart a little? Like he was quick to buy that Bart was actually this sensitive boy in the PTA disbands, which Edna didn't believe at all. Like sometimes it seems like he sees Bart as this troubled youth that just needs a push in the right direction... but Skinner himself is just too boring (in universe, entertainingly so for us :V) to actually engage Bart in anything and turn things around?
    Sgt_Snuff
    Sgt_Snuff
    Just realized I forgot to respond! Will do at some point me thinks, it’s a good question but I’m gonna have to ponder.
    U know I wonder if Kent Brockman’s related to Skinner? Definitely not the writers intentions I think, but both of them have similar designs
    Reactions: D’ohboy
    Kirk Man Shoutin’
    Kirk Man Shoutin’
    Maybe before the Herb Powell incident, Abe also had an illegitimate son with a clown from the carnival, and he gave it up for adoption too, with Rabbi Krustovski adopting him and never telling him of the secret that he’s adopted
    We’re making whole new lore here, I think we should call this the “Krusty Illegitimacy Theory”
    Kirk Man Shoutin’
    Kirk Man Shoutin’
    Maybe thats why Krusty also had an Illegitimate daughter, having an illegitimate kid is just something in his genes, gosh we’re really making whole ass theories about Krusty lnao
    D’ohboy
    D’ohboy
    I didn’t come up with it, there was a thread from a few months back that I saw before I even joined this site where another user argued that Krusty could be Abe’s son. But it is plausible
    Anybody else watched that animated Christmas movie where the cow wants to be a reindeer (and turns into one by the end of the film) or was that just me
    Invader Zim
    Invader Zim
    I am sure it was a Dog
    Sgt_Snuff
    Sgt_Snuff
    I think ur thinking of olive the other reindeer, I’m talking abt Anabelle’s Wish
    Sgt_Snuff
    Sgt_Snuff
    Also Matt Groening is listed as a cast member for that dog movie?? Does he voice act lol
    The song IT girl is kinda goofy to me cause I read IT as I.T (information technology), so it makes me think there’s this absolute baddie in STEM they’re describing.
    IMG_5033.jpeg
    Love how this is meant to be a photo taken during the Vietnam war, where Skinner’s in his early to mid 20’s. Why does he look exactly the same as he does at 40 😭 My guy was so stressed it physically aged him by 2 whole decades.
    • Haha
    Reactions: MaggotMagnet
    Sgt_Snuff
    Sgt_Snuff
    “Boy I really hope somebody got fired for that blunder”
    MaggotMagnet
    MaggotMagnet
    HAHHAA, this is cracking me up the way everyone in this photo apparently hates him for being such a tryhard🤣I love this image so much. and yeah LOL:blunder: I wonder how it would look with certain wrinkles edited out. I could totally do that in Photoshop just to see how it'd look like.
    D’ohboy
    D’ohboy
    Why don’t you?
    Hi, I'm so sorry, but I have Skinner Vietnam questions for you this afternoon! XD

Do you have an estimate of what year(s) he was in Vietnam?
    I don't like to have logical discrepancies in my work, such as him claiming he watched Jack Jones perform on the Ed Sullivan Show in 1963 if he was already overseas by then. The Simpsons Fandom Wiki is vague about the specific years of his enlistment. I feel like you'd probably have the best answer since you did such an amazing collection of his recollections recently!
    Additionally, it seems the specific 3 years he was imprisoned in the Mekong Delta were after the Battle of Khe Sanh, so 1968, 1969, and 1970; but then, how much longer did he stay there before going home?
    Would he have been among those liberated during the 1975 Fall of Saigon?

Sorry for the nerdiest questions of all time; feel free to ignore if this is too much! However, if you know the answer to any of these, I'll add it to the Simpsons Fandom Wiki!
    • Love
    Reactions: Sgt_Snuff
    Sgt_Snuff
    Sgt_Snuff
    No need to apologize I love answering questions like this! I’m working on my reply rn, it’s needed quite a bit of research
    MaggotMagnet
    MaggotMagnet
    Wonderful, thank you so much!!!!!!!😁I appreciate whatever findings and info you may glean!
    Sgt_Snuff
    Sgt_Snuff
    @MaggotMagnet Hello! Thanks for asking these questions, I’m flattered u appreciate my work (Skinner flashback post) and view me as educated in this field of study (The Simpsons principal Skinner). I don’t know if I’m qualified to answer, but I’ll give my best shot.

Firstly, I’d like to pinpoint Skinner’s birthdate. His age has been referred to as 44 in Grade School Confidential, and 46 on Wikisimpsons. For the purpose of this timeline I’ll round it to 45. Now I’ve tethered ‘present day’ Skinner to 1989 and 1992, the year the Simpsons begun and dog of death aired. Why dog of death? It’s the first episode where Skinner mentions Nam’. That’s when the trait was established, ergo it’s dated 1992.
    This would make Skinner born between 1944-1947.
    Secondly, you mention he wouldn’t be able to watch Jack Jones if he was already overseas. Well if that was the case, he’d be 16-19, and minors weren’t allowed to enlist. Hypothetically he could be watching Ed Sullivan in the comforts of his home if we stick to the 1946-47 birthdate.
    There has been 7 facts revealed about Skinner’s experience (throughout classical era). He served for 3 years, spent 3 years as a P.O.W, and lived in a tiger cage for 18 agonizing months (of that period). Also, we know for certain Skinman was in De Nang circa 1969 (thank you I love Lisa). For discrepancy, I like to think he doesn’t count imprisonment as service. Totaling in at 6 years. Skinner describes the fall of Saigon in Kamp Krusty, suggesting he had an active role to play.
    That would be 1975, the end of the war. If we subtract 6 years from 1975 we get 1969, when he was floating down a river in De Nang, his first year as a soldier. Makes sense, he’s wearing improper attire, looks young, and is shocked at the death of a troop-mate. Then adding the 3 years of military work, we’d move up to 1972, the year the “real Skinner” got captured in Principal and the pauper (Ik it’s not canon, I’m gonna transfer this into Seymour’s life anyway), 3 years later (P.O.W time), it’d be THE FALL OF SAIGON!! Where I’m assuming he’d be liberated. My theory fits with canon! There’s only one problem… season 7’s Team Homer, in which Skinner claims he was captured in 1968 (at the battle of Khe Sanh)… a year before I love Lisa’s flashback? This not only contradicts my theory, it also contradicts pre-established lore. I’m gonna chalk this scene up to a Simpsons writing team blunder… or a wizard did it. We can still salvage the idea he was ambushed in Mekong Delta, though I can’t find any historical event besides Operation Coronado IX (1967-1968). Womp womp, would’ve been cool to attach a real battle to my timeline.
    Alright so there’s some additional information like Skinner being a sergeant and green beret I want to incorporate. Apparently “it takes 3-6 years of service to be eligible for promotion to sgt. However, this can be accelerated through exceptional performance and completion of leadership courses” (got this from source, link is below). Seeing that it’s Seymour Skinner, the accelerated options seem viable (he’s great at sucking up lol). Let’s say it takes him 1-2 years. The green beret position is adopted straight out of training usually, so I’ll say he was simply, always one.
    Now to list his age range for fun!
    In 1969 he’d be 22-23
    In 1972 he’d be 25-26
    In 1975 he’d be 28-29
    To go even further, in the comic panel Principal Skinners bottom 40 it’s confirmed he’s been principal for 15 years, which would have him be a science teacher for 1-2 years after moving back in (Bart the murderer). Weird he became one that fast 🤷🏼‍♀️.
    To top this off, here’s an illustration of my timeline, to make this a little less confusing to envision:

Beige Minimal Business Timeline Diagram Graph.png

Sources used:
    https://www.gyfted.me/how-to-become/sergeant/army
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Coronado_IX#:~:text=Operation Coronado IX was a,strongholds in the Mekong Delta.
    https://www.militaryonesource.mil/military-basics/new-to-the-military/joining-army-special-forces/#:~:text=You can qualify for assignment,to get a secret clearance
    IMG_5006.jpeg
    Here’s a story I posted on Instagram that I’ll post here as well, ALSO I’M AWARE SIMPSONS IS A SILLY COMEDY SHOW AND THIS WAS NOT THE WRITERS INTENTIONS LMAO. I ❤️ over analyzing media and adding my own subtext.
    Quick question for you
    What’s your favorite recent season? I don’t mean recent like Season 20 I mean like out of Season 30-35, don’t see a lot of discussion about it and would like some different opinions
    The dynamic between the two bandits in Home Alone kinda reminds me of Skinner and Chalmers lol
    Sgt_Snuff
    Sgt_Snuff
    YES, also why not? It’s a good movie, do u just have zero interest in it
    D’ohboy
    D’ohboy
    I don’t like kids movies
    Sgt_Snuff
    Sgt_Snuff
    I understand where ur coming from, Home Alone 1 and 2 is more family friendly then geared towards children tho imo. There’s cussing (just stuff like ass/damn) and slapstick violence, I’d say both are similar to The Simpsons in terms of their pg score. My adult relatives laugh more than the kids do actually lol.
    Out of curiosity, what is your opinion on Skinner's Sense of Snow?
    • Love
    Reactions: Sgt_Snuff
    Sgt_Snuff
    Sgt_Snuff
    O I really enjoy it! Actually that’s my favorite post-classical episode, my profile pic is dodgeball sack Skinner lol. I think the level of pathetic-ness portrayed with him is the maximum level the show should reach. He gets very humiliated, a lot more than prior pranks, but he’s still depicted as an authority figure and feared by the elementary students. Skinner’s only disrespected when robbed of his power (trapped in the ball-sack 💔). I really like this episode not only for understanding that rule, but also just cause it’s fun.
    Sgt_Snuff
    Sgt_Snuff
    @Jackomon Thanks for asking, also merry Christmas/happy holidays‼️
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back