View Poll Results: How would you rate this episode?

Voters
121. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5/5: Nah-nah-nah-nah-nah-nah-nah-nah-Leader!

21 17.36%
  • 4/5: Jiminy jillickers, Batman!

33 27.27%
  • 3/5: Day or Knight

37 30.58%
  • 2/5: I'll sue Al Jean

15 12.40%
  • 1/5: The Dark Knight Fails

15 12.40%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Rate and Review: "Dark Knight Court" (RABF10)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Quote Originally Posted by Comicshow MolemanBob View Post
    She's already dead. She shot herself after shooting Phil.
    Should be revived and killed again...slowly and miserably
    Quote Originally Posted by The Duke of Insomnia View Post
    What did he wife do that was so bad?
    Just because a show sucks you souldn't wish death upon somone who has nothing to do with the show.
    She KILLED HIM

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThankYouComeAgain View Post
    Should be revived and killed again...slowly and miserably

She KILLED HIM
    Oh ok, I was thinking of a differnt actor, Jeez i can't believe I forgot about that.

i got his death mixed up with someone eles death

Oh ok, I was thinking of a differnt actor, Jeez i can't believe I forgot about that.

i got his death mixed up with someone eles death
    With who did you mix him?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThankYouComeAgain View Post
    With who did you mix him?
    I think I got him mixed up with one of the actreses and said actreses husband from King of the hill who died from some poisoning.

I think I got him mixed up with one of the actreses and said actreses husband from King of the hill who died from some poisoning.
    Well I mentioned Lionel Hutz here...so yeah

It seems as if the writers were trying to force both the A plot with the B plot together. We have Mr. Burns Fruit Batman story and Lisa/Bart Easter Egg prank guilty story. Bottom line it was a solid episode for season 24. 4/5

a whiz with cold drinks Frightened Inmate No. 2's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I just watched this one.

Act 1: C
    Act 2: C
    Act 3: B-
    Act 4: B-
    Overall: C+

The beginning was pretty horrible and painfully unfunny. The second half had a couple jokes that made me smile, but never anything more, and it still had a bunch of cringes. Janet Reno was absolutely horrible, and is one of my least favorite guest stars ever. I actually kinda liked some of the Fruit Bat Man scenes. The Dependables was actually kinda funny, and was the biggest smile of the episode. It was still pretty stupid, though.

Better than Penny-Wiseguys, Love is a Many-Splintered Thing, Black-Eyed Please, and How the Test Was Won, but that isn't saying much at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Sandford II View Post
    While not humorous, would be cool if someone actually put this in their sig.

Zombies Rise from the Sea

Dark Knight Court

That is a terrible title, I mean just what is it supposed to mean anyway? Is it supposed to mean that the Dark Knight is on trial? Is it supposed to mean that this is a trial for superheros? Either way it's barely descriptive of the episode that we're about to watch.

So the hook of the episode is this, Bart supposedly commits a prank that he himself didn't do and has to face off in trial with the honorable Judge Reno in what has to be the most mediocre guest appearance ever. There's not much to the trial from what I can remember; some testimonies that somewhat proves Bart innocence, a couple of okay jokes, some trademark Simspons humor. Father Knows Best did something like this in it's run but it managed to be sensible and sweet, this ends up a copycat trial of which there is no sweetness and there is no sensibility, just boring exaggerated mediocrity. It has been said that the plot could help from some development, for instance Bart; his confession that he didn't do it is sudden and abrupt, not giving the audience that sense of interest that they need. Had the confession had a bit more heart, it would of been more engaging and it would of lead to a better episode than what we have now. I understand that they have 22 minutes to pass through but they could of given some time to making us care.

It also ends abruptly too; the ending of this episode seemed rushed and forced, like they built up all of this stuff with the court plot and needed something to end it on. It just seems too convenient that someone would volunteer to clean somebodies pants and find evidence that someone was involved at the last minute, even if they were connected to the incident and felt guilt and the victim revealed also felt like someone picked out of a hat despite the evidence that suggests that he did it. Even the episode admits to this poor ending by stating that the reason for why it was done was just some gibberish. In a perfect world, this would be considered especially meta and clever, especially since it contradicts itself but since we live in the real world, this has to be considered dumb. I don't understand why The Simpsons can't make good plots, it seems like they go in, write down what they have and whenever they face any obstacle, they just take the easy way out. Writing is supposed to be about solving challenges, figuring out which scene works with which character and making sure every plot point gets resolving payoffs. It's not supposed to be about being self-indulgent and ignorance.

The sideplot is pretty dumb too; it's mostly an overblown affair that wears out the stereotypes that old people are weak and frail before. While we have seen Burns be weak before, this just runs the idea into the ground with barely any creativity whatsoever; is there anything funny in the idea of him weakly hitting a person and him going down easily? There could be but it ends up exceedingly frustrating. There was something I liked in that Smithers created this entire fake world around him but when all you have him do is give out money than it becomes boring pretty quickly and all you're left with is the idea rather than the executions. They do try to make it mean something by incorporating it into the main plot and giving Burns some sort of redemption but Burns is so out-of-character that it makes the entire subplot feel useless, Burns is supposed to be this evil mastermind and they have him be this foolish superhero? I'll admit, the flashbacks were nice.

There are small amounts of things that I liked; while the band sounded uncharacteristically professional, they contributed to some pretty decent sight gags mainly involving interpretation and just plain goofing off and while Homer composing might of been an unneeded distraction, it was a nice distraction that kept the attention of the audience even though it made you want to pound your face in frustration. The beginning was mostly okay providing a sensible look at easter as well provide a brief glimpse of Springfield as a character and not just a setting where The Simpsons are allowed to do their crazy escapades. However, there were also small things that I also disliked; so now Moe is able to recognize Bart's prank phone calls? The appeal of it was that Moe could never recognize who was behind the voice despite multiple calls and that allowed him to make those constantly funny threats over the telephone; this is an example of The Simpsons newfound disregard for continuity.

It feels like nothing is happening this season. This episode does nothing to fix that; it has a court plot that is insubstantial, it has a superhero plot that is insubstantial, it has lots of style and no substance. I'm beginning to feel worried because if Season 24 is doing absolutely nothing than that must mean that I'm doing absolutely nothing as well. Let's hope there's an episode here that fixes this.

2.5/10

I guess I'm alone from the look of things, but I really liked this one. Probably my favorite episode of Season 24. Granted, I love just about any episode rich with comic book references and parodies so I greatly enjoyed the Burns/Fruit Bat Man subplot. And just about all of the jokes pretty much worked for me. I'd give it a 4.5 rounded up to a 5... but then again, I am pretty crazy lol

Plot very stupid, but it was kinda funny
    3.5 / 5
    Sorry for my english, i use the translator

A Lonely, Insignificant Speck Insanity Pepper's Avatar
    A Has-Been Planet Orbited by a Cold, Indifferent Sun

This episode is absolutely ridiculous. I laughed a couple times, but neither plot was the least bit interesting. I especially hated the subplot with Mr. Burns. It made no sense at all. And it really pisses me off that Moe apparently knows that Bart is the one who prank called him. 2/10

Junior Camper Woodpecker from Mars's Avatar

I liked the Burns subplot, although the main plot was very bland and boring. 3/5

Blog Entries

Good episode

4/5

Banned
    Blog Entries

Really stupid subplot but the mainplot was fairly decent for season 24. 2/5

I have not been doing well at keeping up with episodes the past few seasons, and happened to come across this one today. Had no idea if it was a new episode or not but turns out it's now a few years old. Anyway, it's episodes like this that make me hesitate to think I'll actually want to see all the episodes. I might not hate it quite like I did with, say, The Greatest Story Ever D'ohed, but that would be hard to do. While the episode wasn't offensive, it somehow managed to be both a little weird (in its choices) and really boring. It's not even bland in a safe way; instead, it seems like the execution is intentionally avoiding an accessible product. It's not like a Scully episode where I at least get what they were doing even if I didn't always like it, and can pinpoint what I might take issue with. Here, I just don't see much appeal in the foundation and even less in the execution. It's just a tiring watch with not much to say about it. Mostly, I saw a lot of awkward pun-driven dialogue and unusual non-sequitors that don't really have a punchline. It's like the qualities that were always a little there in the Jean era became the only trick the show has.

At any rate, I find it hard to believe, writer's limitations or not, that this show is possibly marketed to the same audience as the past. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but the show is just so far astray it's really difficult to consider it a part of the same show's legacy. I've seen some episodes of season 16 lately and I can't believe just how much easier a watch they are by comparison, and most of those episodes I would merely call simply okay television.

To be fair, there are plenty of recent episodes I haven't watched. I can't say one way or other where this stands in the contemporary show. I'm not even necessarily concerned with reviewing the particular elements of this episode. It may seem like I'm being a little hard on this, but frankly I didn't have high expectations going in and I was disappointed still. Both stories were completely innocuous, but everything in them just kind of sat there filling minutes. I'm not grading this one. Instead, consider this a representative of an era I haven't yet been able to forge a passion to examine, and it didn't do much a job of giving a hopeful impression.
    Last edited by Nauru-1; 02-14-2016 at 04:46 PM.
    To view various lists about my Simpsons opinions, click the link below.

http://www.nohomers.net/usernote.php...ewuser&u=27253

Blog Entries

So the episode opens up with everyone in Springfield celebrating Easter. So I guess this is supposed to be some kind of Easter special then, but barely anyone brings up its Easter afterwards. Also, Otto tries to get high because that’s the only thing he ever does now. And what’s with Mr. Burns wanting to murder children to harvest their organs? But at least Moe watching the “peep show” was pretty funny. The main plot starts when the kids in the school band blow on their instrument only to discover there were some eggs planted in them that end up hitting the audience. Boy, it sure is lucky for the prankster that nobody tried practicing with the instruments earlier or noticed they felt heavier or anything. Naturally, everyone thinks Bart is behind this, especially since he wasn’t hit by an egg, and then a very pissed off mob chases after him. First off, since we later find out Bart is innocent, then how he come he was the only one in the audience who wasn’t hit by an egg? Just luck? Second, why is everyone suddenly so pissed at Bart over this one prank? Compared to his usual style of mischief now, egging everyone is very tame and harmless. This is why making Bart a sociopath in so many modern episodes is a terrible idea. Bart does so many horrible things on a daily basis now that it’s completely impossible to tell when he’s supposed to have finally crossed the line, unless the writers have the characters outright say it. Bart escapes from the mob off-screen in some way that’s never explained, and he’s at the Simpsons house late at night, where we get the best scene in the whole episode, where he asserts his innocence and his family gives him a cold glare of disbelief. You know, the idea for this episode has a lot of potential. Maybe they could have had Bart doing increasingly worse pranks over time, to his family’s annoyance, then when this big prank happens, they don’t believe he’s innocent and Bart has try to convince them of the truth, maybe make it into a mystery about who did the prank... but nope, that’s not what happens. Instead, Mr. Largo shows up with the school band and wants Bart so they can….kill him, I guess? It’s not really clear. But Homer’s comments to him and thinking they want money for band candy was kind of funny. Although I noticed he said D’oh without opening his mouth. We get a real lazy animation error where we see Homer is upstairs, then literally five seconds later he is now downstairs with the rest of the family. Bart proving his innocence by saying he can’t lie to Maggie comes completely out of nowhere, but hey, the two barely interact and it was really cute, so I’ll let it slide. Lisa then demands a “youth court” to prove Bart’s innocence. So what is youth court? I’ve never heard of it before, but everyone acts like we’re supposed to know what it is and that it’s really serious, so I guess it’s supposed to be a real thing, I don’t know. Homer then brings up continuity by mentioning being a defendant and a juror and then does a really long joke about him being a composer. Also, even though Homer tells Bart to run to avoid court and he does, in the next scene he’s with Lisa discussing the upcoming trial. Whatever.

Anyway, Lisa says they can pick a judge, but they all hate Bart. When did Judge Synder start hating Bart? But really, I’m shocked that they didn’t have Judge Harm come back, because they loved having her show up in seemingly every episode involving a courtroom in the Jean era before she vanished went they went HD. Abe then tells a story about befriending Janet Reno. Also he was apparently friends with Jasper and Old Jewish Guy back then, but hey, at least for once they gave Jasper a line or had him show up. Apparently the “youth court” is really screwed up, as Skinner is the prosecutor but Lisa is the defense attorney. Why are they having a grown man going up against a little girl in court? I guess it’s just another case of the writers continuing to treat and write Lisa as an adult instead of a kid. Janet Reno then shows up because Abe asked her to, I guess. There have been a lot of episodes where they’ll have celebrities show up just to have a celebrity show up, even if it doesn’t make much sense, and I think this is one of the most blatant. What’s the point of having Janet Reno show up as the judge for this random trial when they barely give her anything to do? You could have just changed a few words of her dialogue and given the lines another generic judge, and nothing would have changed at all. There’s a weird moment where Skinner mentions Milhouse, but it doesn’t seem to mean anything, so why did he bring up Milhouse at all? Matt Groening drawing Bart was pretty funny though.

The trial then continues and it’s taken very seriously, but unfortunately, any possible tension is completely missing because the writers never answer one very important question: what happens to Bart if they lose? Despite all this drama at how they have to win, at no point does anyone ever actually say what will happen to Bart if he’s found guilty. Does he have to pay a fine? Does he go to jail? Does everyone just beat him up instead? There are no stakes in this trial because we never find out what the consequences are if Bart is found guilty, and because of that, it doesn’t really matter to me how the trial goes, because I don’t see why I should care if they find him innocent or not, it’s just meaningless crap to me. But back to the story, Lunchlady Doris says that Bart couldn’t do it, and there’s another awful animation moment where Lisa is right in front of the witness stand, and the next second she’s behind the defense’s bench. Whatever, at least Bart and Lisa bumping elbows and wiggling their fingers was a cute sibling moment between them. And then Milhouse didn’t wet himself, so that helps prove Bart’s case…somehow. Also, Krusty shows up but makes a joke to explain why he’s here. Now that I think about it, why isn’t the trial in an actual courtroom and instead in the school? But anyway, we get another lame wimpy Skinner joke and Janet Reno says that because Lisa called Bart “sweet”, now the prosecutor can call up anyone who doesn’t think Bart is sweet, which is a serious moment because this could get Bart found guilty!...Wait, what? I really don’t understand what’s happening here. I mean, if Lisa had no evidence to prove Bart’s innocence and her argument was that he couldn’t do it because it was against his character (i.e., that Bart wasn’t bad enough to pull something like this), then it would make some sense. But that wasn’t even what Lisa was arguing about, and they made a big deal about a key that Bart couldn’t have gotten earlier, so what’s the point of this? It doesn’t make sense to me. But whatever, a bunch of random witness get read to testify, and only half of the group makes sense. I mean, I can buy Homer happily willing to testify against his own, but why would Apu have a grudge against Bart? Also Sideshow Bob is there because I guess they’ll let attempted murderers in school next to kids now. So it looks like they all have something to say, but you know who doesn’t? Bart. You think he would be making wisecracks or comments about all this, but nope, he spends almost all his time on trial completely silent. I think he gets maybe four lines after the trial starts. I’ve argued before that Bart is the character is the writers know what to do with the least, but I think this is a new low for him. In an episode about saving him, Bart is essentially a minor character in his own story. Then we get the worst moment of the episode, where Moe casually reveals he knows Bart prank calls him and explains “Mike Rotch”. This scene…it’s just awful and insulting. The prank calls have been one of the series longest running and most iconic jokes. But in this one moment, they completely kill it by having Moe just casually knowing it about. And I’m not even sure what the joke here is supposed to be. Is it that their trying to joke about how Moe’s reaction (him crying and saying that he can’t let what Bart did to him happen to another bartender) is coming off like he’s been sexually assaulted? If so, then it’s an extremely tasteless joke for this show.

Meanwhile, in the sub-plot, earlier on, Burns and Smithers somehow got knocked into the Android’s Dungeon by the mob that was chasing Bart at the beginning of this episode. Turns out Burns used to read comics as a kid until his dad put an end to it. I don’t think Burns’ dad is supposed to be this evil, but I did find it funny that he did burn down the comic book company with the people inside. So Burns starts reading comics, which I can buy, a lot of people get nostalgic for things from their childhood. Then he reads a Batman parody, identifies with it, and becomes Fruit Batman…huh? Why would Burns want to be a superhero? This is a really bizarre idea for a character, and the only thing that keeps it from turning into complete crap is that Burns is only doing it to live out his own fantasy, not because he actually cares about people. I can kind of buy that logic. Fruit Batman goes out to fight crime, but Smithers ends up paying off people to commit fake crimes so that Burns can feel better about himself, because that’s Burns now, a feeble, delusional old man who is completely out of touch with reality. How the mighty have fallen. But why is Smithers making people go along with this? He knows his boss is delusional, why isn’t he making any real effort to stop him? It’s like when they have Homer act like a crazy asshole now and have Marge either just do nothing, give a brief sigh or go “I’m so proud of you Homie!” while having a big, empty smile on her face, only it makes even less sense. Smithers has always been a sane person and a voice of reason, why is he now suddenly an enabler for the insane Burns?

The two plots converge when at dinner, Lisa (after whining about how eating gravy is wrong, it’s like they always have to give her lines now when she randomly forces her beliefs) sees a newspaper about Fruit Batman. The show loves having lots modern tech references, but this going extremely in the opposite direction. Seriously, a newspaper in this decade? The rest of the family laughing at Lisa for saying Simpsons never give up was kind of funny, even if it was extremely OOC for Marge to mock her daughter. So Lisa wants Burns to help her solve the mystery of who framed Bart. Um, why does she need Burns’ help specifically? Why can’t she start looking for clues on her own to solve the mystery? And why would she think Burns would want to help her? Burns doesn’t give a shit, so Smithers exposes the truth behind his enabling. Also, Burns remembers Homer’s name?!!Smithers then bitches at Burns for being a fake hero. Um, did the writers forget Burns didn’t know he was a fake? Seriously, why the hell is Smithers giving Burns grief over being a fake hero when it’s all Smithers fault for enabling Burns? So then next Lisa starts whining about how the only real Batmen are Adam West and Christian Bale. I guess she doesn’t like Michael Keaton. But what was the point of having Burns reading a Batman parody earlier when they have Lisa talk about the real Batman right now? It’s like whenever they bring up that Cosmic Wars shit, even though they’ve mentioned Star Wars a dozen times over and Mark Hamill has guest starred. What’s the point in creating a parody version of something if you’re just going to mention the real one anyway? And why isn’t Lisa at the trial? Marge is randomly washing everyone’s clothes that get egged for absolutely no reason…oh, it’s just so Lisa can conventionally notice that one of the eggs on the clothes was planted thanks to bullshit logic. Man, it’s so much more rewarding when characters get the clues to a mystery easily thrown into their face instead of having them actually doing some investigating and work on solving it, that might create tension! Also, Wiggum shows up for no reason. So Willie is behind everything, admits that he hates Easter, and that he fucked Lunchlady Doris so that he could make a fake key. This…really comes out of nowhere. I mean, Willie the criminal mastermind? I don’t think that characterization really suits him. Plus, like I said, his hatred of Easter was never even foreshadowed or mentioned before this. But at least Willie gets some funny lines. So Wiggum arrests Willie…oh wait, I’m sorry, even though we just Wiggum in the last scene, apparently he did not go along with Lisa and Marge to confront Willie, just so Fruit Batman can show up to save the day instead. How he knew where everyone would be is unexplained. The fight between them was kind of amusing, and Willies horrified reaction gave me a good laugh. Anyway, Willie is defeated. Then we cut back to the trial (which I guess means that Lisa did skip it after all), and apparently no one heard any of the commotion outside. Also I guess Homer is now with Bart to hear his sentencing instead of his actual attorney. Then Burns drags Willie in, and we get another lazy animation error where, even though we just saw Lisa in her orange dress a minute ago outside, now she’s in her courtroom outfit. Or did Lisa seriously waste time changing her outfit instead of helping her brother? Willie admits the truth and I guess he’ll get whatever unexplained and vague punishment Bart was going to get now. Also Chalmers doesn’t fire him because there are no consequences on this show anymore. Janet Reno takes credit for solving the case, which reminds me of the joke when Leonard Nimoy took credit for stopping the monorail, except without someone calling them out on them actually doing nothing, so it’s missing the punchline. And why the hell is everyone cheering for Bart being found innocent? They should be pissed at this. Bart and Lisa get a cute bonding moment together, and Janet Reno gives a boring and forgettable speech. Then we get a funny moment in the episode where Lisa almost accidently gets an angry Burns to strangle her. And then Moe starts crying at hearing Bart is innocent to continue that awful joke about how the prank calls are basically abuse from earlier. Also, there’s an Avengers parody at the end. Whatever. At least they remember Mrs. Glick. I give this a very generous 2/5.

Deep Frier of Shirts BlueRibbonCommittee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaOmega View Post
    So what is youth court? I’ve never heard of it before, but everyone acts like we’re supposed to know what it is and that it’s really serious, so I guess it’s supposed to be a real thing, I don’t know.
    Youth court is real. I have heard of it before this episode aired. It's more commonly referred to as teen court though (I did just search on Google to find they were one in the same).

18. Thumbs Up To This Post by: AlphaOmega

Blog Entries

So it is a real thing? I wasn't sure at first, but thanks for confirming it for me.

And congratulations on actually managing to get through the insane, huge blocks of texts I call a 'review'.

Blog Entries

And congratulations on actually managing to get through the insane, huge blocks of texts I call a 'review'.
    I enjoy reading your reviews. As I said, I look up to you for it. I've often dreamed of doing it myself, but the most I've been able to do was that one time I was defending Sofia the First. I might just try to do it line by line sometime.

21. Thumbs Up To This Post by: AlphaOmega

Blog Entries

Sure, go for it! I think you can do a great job doing a long review.

To be fair, you need a particularly high IQ to understand the Dark Knight Court. It is definitely an improvement over Lisa Goes Gaga (Animated Atrocities #35) from last season, and is as mandatory for viewing as the Gravity Falls episode Land Before Swine (Admirable Animations #23).

1. Janet Reno was used a lot better for what she was than Lady Gaga in Lisa Goes Gaga, and this didn't ruin everything Lisa stood for, like Lisa Goes Gaga and Flanders' Ladder both have. I liked how The Simpsons reminded everyone of someone who was once an attorney general for 3 years after the end of their prime. I will forever dedicate this episode to her loving memory because she died in 2016.
    2. Janet Reno and Bart didn't do as much in their own story as Lisa...but that's because this episode isn't about Bart, it's about Mr. Burns, and the journey of a jerk who must learn how to be a hero, like Iron Man and Thor in phase 1 of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
    3. This episode was faced with 2 choices-either reuse old jokes that you would get tired of them for using, or break them up for new jokes that turn out to be beneficial to the plot. We see the consequences of Moe finally knowing of Bart's prank phone calls, and Mr. Burns starts to remember who Homer Simpson is.
    4. The Simpsons may have invented the term of Flanderization before, but Dark Knight Court knows how to completely avoid flanderization. How to avoid having the anti-hero do something bad that may be in character for them, which means this succeeds in the opposite way of Land Before Swine. Bart would never lie to Maggie like he would lie to Marge, Homer or Lisa, and Mr. Burns is a terrible hero, but not by abusing his power as a hero. He actually tries to be a hero and only succeeds because Smithers took pity on him and set up crimes and victims for him. This does the opposite of flanderizing Bart and Mr. Burns by showing us a more moral side to them that we haven't seen before, without completely ditching their usual personality.
    5. 4 episodes ago, in Gorgeous Grampa, Mr. Burns had a whole musical number about how good it feels to be the villain like he normally is. By contrast, he also discovers the good in being a hero in this episode. He really follows through on it because after Smithers revealed he set everything up for him out of pity, Mr. Burns regrets sending away the first person he could have actually helped, and decides to help Lisa catch Bart's criminal doppelgänger and succeeds.
    Bonus-Fruit Bat Man was mentioned again in Waiting for Duffman! He should totally get an episode with Pie Man, Sky Police, Spider-Pig and Bartman and they should all work together to take down Hank Scorpio. It will be epic!

And I will sign off by wishing you all a happy Easter! I coincidentally typed this in the easter of 2019.

Blog Entries

Forgot to mention this too

But what was the point of having Burns reading a Batman parody earlier when they have Lisa talk about the real Batman right now? It’s like whenever they bring up that Cosmic Wars shit, even though they’ve mentioned Star Wars a dozen times over and Mark Hamill has guest starred. What’s the point in creating a parody version of something if you’re just going to mention the real one anyway?
    Mr. Burns was reading an actual Batman comic. I paused on a freeze frame when he held it up. Fruit Bat-Man is just a name he came up with.

Thread Information