0 0%
  • 1/5 My primary Function is to Cook, Clean, and Make Love

1 6.25%

Thread: Rate and Review Bob's Burgers: ''Lindapendent Woman''

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Remember Me As I Was 1010011010's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Rate and Review Bob's Burgers: ''Lindapendent Woman''

Original Airdate: February 17, 2013. Linda quits the restaurant to work at a grocery store. Rate and Review.
    Just because I'm stupider than them, they think they're smarter than me!
    Simpsons Season 27 Ratings:
    Every Man's Dream-4.8/10 Cue Detective-6/10 Puffless-7/10 Halloween of Horror-8.4/10 Treehouse of Horror XXVI-(4.5, 5, 3.5) 4.25/10 Friend With Benefit-5/10 Lisa With An 'S'-5.5/10 Paths of Glory--/10 Barthood--/10 The Girl Code--/10 Teenage Mutant Milk-Caused Hurdles--/10 Much Apu About Something--/10 Gal of Constant Sorrow--/10 Love Is in the N2-O2-Ar-CO2-Ne-He-CH4--/10 Lisa the Veterinarian--/10 The Marge-ian Chronicles--/10 The Burns Cage--/10 How Lisa Got Her Marge Back--/10 Fland Canyon--/10 Simprovised--/10 To Courier With Love--/10 Orange is the New Yellow--/10
    Futurama Season 7B Ratings:
    2-D Blacktop-7.5/10 Fry and Leela's Big Fling-7.9/10 T.: The Terrestrial-8.2/10 Forty Percent Leadbelly-6.8/10 The Inhuman Torch-8.4/10 Saturday Morning Fun Pit-(9, 7, 8.5) 8.2/10 Calculon 2.0-8.7/10 Assie Come Home-8.5/10 Leela and the Genestalk-7.2/10 Game of Tones-9.2/10 Murder on The Planet Express-9/10 Stench and Stenchibility-8.5/10 Meanwhile-9.5/10
    Jumping the Shark since 1998...
    Alternate Ending Winner of NHC Survivor Season 1

OH fuck, two minutes late... Thought I had my R&R for this episode first.

Anyway, I give the episode a 5/5. It really had a positive ending to the episode and the plot was pretty good. Something I noticed... Is Tina 14 now? Somewhere earlier in the season, she mentioned that her 14th birthday was the following year, but I guess no celebration was really needed.

You're BoJack Horseman, no cure for that.

Hired Goon
    Blog Entries

No, @Startug, the boy said he was 14. Tina is still 13.

Anyway, I loved it. We got a great look at Linda's off work personality and Tina's subplot was adorable. I hope we see more of them in the future, but we probably won't. 5/5
    My Simpsons Season Rankings:
    6 > 7 > 3 > 5 > 8 > 4 > 2 > 1 > 9 > 15 > 13 > 14 > 10 > 16 > 12 > 11 > 22 > 21 > 17 > 25 > 24 > 18 > 26 > 20 > 19 > 23

Quote Originally Posted by handsome
    honestly the most burning question i had about you was if you had seen every disney movie so i'm glad that got out of the way first

With the way they talked at the same time, I probably misheard Tina then. I'll find out when I redownload it tonight.

The $pringfield of Bob's Burgers, although with a twist in that both Linda and Bob are unable to function without one another, compared to Marge being the Simpson family's savior. Heck, they might have even been portraying Linda as the more dependent of the Belcher parents. Bob just had to shut down, whereas Linda actually caused chaos and destruction.

I also love how much depth we get in an episode of Bob's Burgers. It's like King of the Hill where we get a micro-level plot as simple as getting a job at a grocery store and explore it. We feel complete after watching the episode. Compared to Simpsons disasters like Catch Em If You Can or Bart Mangled Banner where it's all about seeing how many places in the world the characters can run to in 22 minutes.

5/5
    Last edited by Train on the Water; 02-17-2013 at 07:20 PM.

What do you think they put in the Bug Juice?
    Bugs?
    No they don't. Come on...shut up.

Banned
    Blog Entries

It got so wild and funny how could anyone not have loved this one.
    A 5/5.

Blog Entries

That was a pretty good episode, although it defintly wasnt the funniest episode. I was going to give it a 3.5 but the ending bumped it up to a 4

8. Thumbs Up To This Post by: zartok-35

Blog Entries

That was a really amazing episode. Possibly one of my favourites of the series. Had a lot of good jokes in it and I just LOVED that duet song with Bob and Linda. One of my favourite things about this show is how they make a song for almost every episode that relates to the story (usually done in the montages). So creative. That plot with Tina and the turtle bite boy was really sweet and interesting. Since it concluded with them kissing and looking like they wanted to continue their relationship does that mean we're going to see this character again?

No complaints here, 5/5

Quote Originally Posted by zachbigmac View Post
    @Swoony your just a poser and dont tell me
    your not cause i can read you like a fucking book.

Lots of great moments in this one. A great song and one of the sweetest subplots I've seen in any show recently. I think the only thing that brought it down a bit was the expected resolution, but at least there's a good change for Tina.

I'll wait to see the complete uncut episode before grading it but it's at least a 4 on 5.

Blog Entries

Definitely a good'un. I liked the main plot - it was nice to have it laid out once again that the family really do lack other options, which makes them relatable. There was a good balance in that Bob missed Linda's input a lot, yet Linda was really enjoying her job and not that good at managing - that conflict kept it interesting, though we could've had more of Bob's paranoia over her maybe leaving him and had the kids on board with that, seeing as in the beginning it seemed like Linda might end up crushing on someone at work. That said, I wouldn't exchange any of the actual content for that complication, as there wasn't time. Tina's story was cute, though I found the whole band aid thing hard to watch (because ew); I hope we see more of the relationship or a good reason it didn't work out. A milk-obsessed lactose intolerant guy is exactly the sort of person I can see her staying with.

"Dollar whisky, dollar scotch. Dollar bourbon, dollar crotch."
    This line made it for me, not only is it totally Louise, but totally her age as well.
    "Because you watched House, we think you'll enjoy... Fuller House."

Party time... excellent...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Startug View Post
    I'll find out when I redownload it tonight.
    Why do you have to redownload?

Anyway, great episode I give it a 5/5
    How to remaster

Blog Entries

It was good. I confess to not being a huge BB fan, but I liked the song and the ending was decent.

Hired Goon
    Blog Entries

If you don't bring back Tina's new boyfriend, I'll crush you like this paper cup.

15. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Swoony

Blog Entries

Tina's boyfriend was a great character. I hope he appears again.

Blog Entries

Yeah I really hope he wasent just a one time charecter.

I'm pretty sure he's a one time character. I doubt he'll be the other boy Tina falls in love with in "Two for Tina".

Interesting to learn that H. Jon Benjamin really can't sing. Usually the men who voice act in animated sitcoms pull it off pretty well (South Park, Family Guy and Simpsons). He wasn't terrible, but you could tell it wasn't his strong suit.

Blog Entries

The bad singing kinda made if funnier.

21. Thumbs Up To This Post by: kes, Startug, Swoony

Blog Entries

Made it more realistic to me. Not everyone can sing well irl. But they still do it anyway.

23. Thumbs Up To This Post by: kes, Startug

Blog Entries

I'm waiting for a rock opera episode of Bob's Burgers until I fully judge their singing.

Blog Entries

Yeah, I don't really expect ANY character in BB to be a good singer, so it would surprise me more if one of the VAs was such a great singer that they couldn't fake being bad at it.

If I were a writer for this show, I'd make Tina's boyfriend a lasting character even if they didn't stay together - or give them a few episodes where she's in love in the background of the main action, or a dumb as hell on/off relationship up to a certain point where the idea of Tina actually having a boyfriend is still amusing.

Blog Entries

He'll be back, the best One-Timers always return on BB.

Not to mention that Linda's parents will return sometime this season.

Blog Entries

That's true.

Anyway,

This week's episode is certainly one of the best this season. The main plot of Linda working at the Supermarket was great as the fun, hip environment there suited her character perfectly. The song between Bob and Linda was brilliant too, showing just how much they need each other (though of course Linda doesn't realise this until way after the song finishes)in a sweet, off-key way.

The Tina sub-plot was adorable, and once again the show has used her awkwardness to an advantage, cause it's making her even more likable, even if her wearing the plaster round her neck was a bit gross. As I've said before, as the dynamic between Tina and The Bite Boy was so great I'd love to see him return.

Gene and Louise got some brilliant lines in this week. And them running havoc around the supermarket seemed really natural and it's great to see the kids presented as kids instead of being OTT stereotypes like they are on certain other shows.

All in all, 5/5. One of the best episodes the show has ever done.
    Last edited by Nicky; 02-19-2013 at 09:44 AM.

29. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Startug

Thread Information