Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

No spoilers,.. Just thinking what I'd do in this Walking dead world..
    The way I see it, thousands of little safe spots were created here & there,.. all over the US & the rest of the world? but even mightly defended military post all eventual fall.. because not everyone got word that you turn once deceased!
    No matter how secure your fortification, all you need is for one person to knock off.. Dieing in your sleep is the most common of deaths, Not just old folks, even the very young, middle aged die suddenly while sleeping. One of the kids takes a bad tumble while playing in a tree inside the protected area, a happy person who you'd never suspect thats caring a suicide wish.. and so on ..and so on..

Then Bang! Safe spot after safe spot falls.. I'm sure if you could travel about like Will Forte you'd just see one zombie infested fort after another. It took our hero's till season 3 to finally figure out the living dead happens in more ways than just bites & scratches. I'm sure many in this world never got the connection, never heard from others that might of known.. all dieing never suspecting the truth.

I thought about this as a problem I'd try to deal with if I was actually trapped in this dreary hell world,.. and I came up with a few possible solutions

I would gang up with a few people, go to less populated places that are pretty, and enjoy them before it's too late. Then I'd become a dictator, screw everyone over, and die horribly.

You're BoJack Horseman, no cure for that.

i guess i'll just put all of this in spoilers even though it's already happened on the show

the governor in the show was TERRIBLE. and it's not just because they didn't have the all-out evil/creepy governor of the comics. if they wanted to make a more fleshed out and sympathetic governor, that COULD have worked. but the show didn't seem to know what to do with him, or at least didn't execute it well. i never felt sorry for him. he wasn't evil enough and he wasn't sympathetic enough. he was just a turd that kind of sat there until they finally flushed him. i also didn't like that then brought him back in some sort of pretend redemption but no just kidding story. i remember when they had the reveal of him watching the prison i was just like UGH fuck this guy. but at least he killed the terrible version of andrea they had on the show 

4. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Startug

In reading that, then I'm curious about the following:

Do you want Negan to be based very closely to his comic character, or loosened up a little? AMC probably will tone his character down a lot based on his frequent vulgarities, but what are your hopes for him? 

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Startug of Bethlehem View Post
     Do you want Negan to be based very closely to his comic character, or loosened up a little? AMC probably will tone his character down a lot based on his frequent vulgarities, but what are your hopes for him? 
    I'd much rather have  Negan  closer to his comic book counterpart. Toning him down will weaken the character's effectiveness in this series and make all that anticipation be for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by BuyMyCereal View Post
    I have been really behind on the show, but I have been improving my current status with the show a little more by watching at least one episode a day. Season 1 was great and the only episode that was less than amazing was Wildfire and that was still a solid episode. Season 2 is great too, but it does seem to be a little more inconsistent with episodes like Cherokee Rose which is the worst episode of the show so far and Nebraska which was just OK and those worst episodes of the season are not good because like other people said it started to feel like a melodrama with zombies.

So, I did just see the episode where  Dale dies at the end  and I don't know about you, but his death really got to me as he was one of my favorite characters of the show besides Daryl Dixon and Rick Grimes and was one of those rare characters that I had an emotional connection with as that Asian guy who's name I can't be bothered to look up is a good character, but hasn't made a huge impression on me and Andrea who I just find to be Skyler White annoying at times and serves no real purpose to the show. That ending caught my interest so well that I immediately went to the next episode and that episode is probably one of the best ones of the season. The way the characters reacted to his death felt real and every minute of the episode was engaging. So, I'm still unsure of how much I love this show because of the inconsistency with this season, but so far it's still a great show despite those weak episodes.
    Season 1 was just "wow" in the sense that it was something we've never seen done like this before. I did like the 2nd season, but I agree it was a bit up and down (although the downs weren't that low). That episode u mentioned (where Dale tries to convince the others to not execute that hoodlum kid) is actually my favorite episode of the entire show, although I gotta say I don't remember that much from the episode that came after it.
    And about Andrea, if you think she's annoying now, all i can say is she's about to get a lot more annoying later on, lol.

I've never read the comics though, only follow the tv show.

Quote Originally Posted by box elder View Post
    i guess i'll just put all of this in spoilers even though it's already happened on the show

the governor in the show was TERRIBLE. and it's not just because they didn't have the all-out evil/creepy governor of the comics. if they wanted to make a more fleshed out and sympathetic governor, that COULD have worked. but the show didn't seem to know what to do with him, or at least didn't execute it well. i never felt sorry for him. he wasn't evil enough and he wasn't sympathetic enough. he was just a turd that kind of sat there until they finally flushed him. i also didn't like that then brought him back in some sort of pretend redemption but no just kidding story. i remember when they had the reveal of him watching the prison i was just like UGH fuck this guy. but at least he killed the terrible version of andrea they had on the show 
    I never read the comics, so maybe I'd think different then,  but I liked the governor, and Andrea was a bit stupid and annoying yes but I wouldn't say a terrible character. And most regualr people who watch the show liked the governor too, so it could be a comic thing. 

I didn't overly like the second part of season 5 (first part was better), . The final episode was sort of okay.   What I don't like about it though is that they do a full 60 minutes show, so you expect a lot of stuff will happen, but then not much happens for the most part only for everything to explode in the last 3 minutes or so. And then you gotta wait another 6 months, and hopefully this time they will talk more about what happened, and not like this season where the whole Beth thing of last season (as well as the Eugene thing) was hardly discussed. 

that guy you forgot existed Judge Fudge's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I've literally only seen the first 3 episodes of the show but this post is in regard to the Season 1 of the game, which I played through over the last couple of day., (apart from the 'bonus' episode, which I haven't played yet) It's a really great game and the best Telltale game I've played, but it's also easily the most depressing game I've ever played. I thought Heavy Rain was a downer, but this is ten times worse. I know it's a zombie apocalypse and everything, but the game gets insanely dark in some parts. I can't imagine Season 2 being any different.

i fall and i fall and i fall bias's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Season 2 is much sadder if you become emotionally connected to Clem.

Can someone explain this to me:
    In the finale of season 5 (this is hardly a spoiler) Rick kills a zombie by bursting it's eyes. When it explodes, the blood and stuff actually goes into his mouth. How does this not make him turn? It's pretty much exactly the same as getting bitten.
    Quote Originally Posted by kupomog
    father dies while son tinychats

the protagonist of reality Two Guys, a Girl, and a kat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Because the plot said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spamtasm View Post

Blog Entries

I'm pretty sure he doesn't swallow it.

yeah, the way the "virus" or whatever it is transmits doesn't make a whole lot of sense. you just have to accept that in the show, getting bit means you turn but getting zombie guts in your orifices/open wounds/etc doesn't. it is what it is

as far as  negan, i know they obviously can't make him curse as much as he did in the books, but otherwise i hope they stay pretty faithful. negan is already a way more fleshed out character in the books than the governor was, so it's not like they need to invent things to make him more complete. what's great about negan is that his motives are clear and actually make sense if you take morality out of it. he's not crazy or a cannibal or anything too out there, he just thinks that might=right in this world and thinks he's the mightiest so he wants his way. he's a tyrant, but no more so than tons of actual people in history have been 

Blog Entries

bump because this returns sunday. anyone excited?

I wasn't too keen on the final episodes of s5 but upon rewatching, it was decent enough. the thing I don't like is that some episodes you have a lot of action sequences and a lot going on, and then you have these episodes where barely anything happens but a lot of talking. from the trailers and stuff I've seen though, s6 looks to be great.

I binged the second half a few weeks ago and I thought it was pretty decent, but definitely some foreshadowing. The biggest vibe I got was  Daryl Dixon, despite the fan service and devotion he gets, will encounter Lucille  whenever Negan will appear.

i have a feeling you may be right. they've been known to pull a switcharoo to throw the comic people off before

Blog Entries

Yeah, I can see that happening too. especially since

Daryl has no comic counterpart, so anything with him is up in the air; plus, from what I've gathered(still haven't read the comics but I know a lot of the info) the reason Negan chooses Glenn was to start the war/rivalry or whatever between his group and Rick's, and the only way to amp that up in the show would be to kill Daryl, if they decide not to off Glenn. I don't really see anybody else's death being that big of an event to be honest. 

of course only time well tell, but damn, I'm really excited for s6.
    Last edited by Walid; 10-08-2015 at 10:27 AM.

Blog Entries

with fear the walking dead to lead into it I'm more excited for season 6 then I could've been

Blog Entries

Let's cross our fingers and hope Jon Hamm gets to play Negan for later on.

Blog Entries

I haven't had a chance to watch fear the walking dead... is It any good?

Blog Entries

It starts of kind of slow, but picks up the pace quickly; as you start to see the beginning of how everything fell and how the military's intervention went down, it ramps up.

Blog Entries

I've heard mixed things, but I'm probably going to check it out at some point

Blog Entries

it's worth it, you can marathon it for 6 hours and then done

Blog Entries

anyone catch the premiere? fuck you carter

Blog Entries

I'm hoping to catch it later so I don't have anything spoiled; I'm absolutely terrible when it comes to spoilers; I have no self-control like at all

Blog Entries

The premiere was good enough, not great, but good.  Carter  was a dumb shit so I'm glad  to see him go , and the upcoming tension resulting from the differences between  Rick and Morgan  is definitely going to be one of the best parts of this half of the season. Go  Morgan ! Also, I hate what's-his-face's son. He watched his mom go through some shit yet hates Rick for doing what he did. I get not trusting him because he acted on it, but it was on Deanna's orders.

Blog Entries

pretty good premiere. that ending though... next week's is going to be interesting.

i liked it but i kind of thought Rick's plan was idiotic from the start, which sort of ruined it for me. they're all trapped down in a rock pit -- why not just hurl some molotov cocktails down there and take them all out instead of just redirecting them somewhere with an elaborate herding scheme? plus the fact that it was drawing walkers in was a good thing. kill a bunch of them to keep it manageable, build walls behind the trucks to fortify it, and otherwise leave it as is. so dumb

the protagonist of reality Two Guys, a Girl, and a kat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

pre sure walkers can survive fire

how? and even if they technically "survived," if their bodies were burnt to shit they wouldn't be able to move/wouldn't be a threat

Blog Entries

if you don't kill the brain the walker is still alive, meaning that fire does shit all to them in terms of killing them. you're right though, they'd probably be just walking skeletons

my favourite moment was when the horn started playing and glen asked if it was a horn

I'm amused easily

Thread Information