Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

ooooooooooooooooooh leprechaun_dan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Oh fuck that was sad. D':

Merle had evolved, and it really showed in this episode. I hated Merle in Season 1. I didn't care if he lived or died up on top of that building. But in Season 3, he actually changed. He really cared for the group and his brother, and to see him die and Daryl having to angrily and sadly put the zombified him down was hard to watch. RIP Merle, you wonderful son of a bitch

His idea to gather the walkers using music was genius too. A true badass for sure
    [SIZE=1] Check out my South Park episode ideas in my user notes (Note: It's the fifth and last note): http://www.nohomers.net/usernote.php...ewuser&u=41294

"I got blisters on me fingers!" ~ Ringo Starr (Helter Skelter)

Led Zeppelin IV > Houses of the Holy > Physical Graffiti > Led Zeppelin II > Led Zeppelin I > Led Zeppelin III > Presence > In Through the Out Door > Coda

The episode certainly had its ups and downs, and I feel like Merle could have been done a little better. I would have loved at least five minutes to show him alone, show him what he's truly feeling on the inside. That would have made the redemption at the end worth it. Norman Reedus's acting at the end was well done, I honestly think he deserves an award for it.

You're BoJack Horseman, no cure for that.

Opening scene is a bloodied Milton being told by the Governor that he expected so much more from him, whilst he wipes his hands. Milton remains silent as the Governor continues his monologue. Milton then admits as much as he was an excellent father he was a terrible husband and struggled to find the balance.*“You can’t keep counting every mistake you make Phillip…..”The governor is getting more angry.“She came over to our house that day Phillip she told me that she was going to leave you… She had enough.. She wanted to let the family know…”This phrase drives the Governor over the edge and he begins laying into Milton with punches until he’s dead. The camera pans to Andrea in the other room shocked by what she’s hearing.She’s terrified and the Governor makes his appearance at the door.Andrea pleads for him to stop.“In this life you kill or you die…”The Governor moves towards her slowly.

Rick is speaking to the group minus michonne and Daryl about the decision they’ve made still not disclosing on wether or not they are staying or fighting. From what we see it looks like the group is leaving as Carl and such start packing up, Glenn says he’ll take care of outside before stopping as Micheonne arrives silent and despondant. Glenn looks to Rick who nods and begins to explain the situation to Michonne and that he is sorry but she’s one of them now and he would have left herto the Governor.*Rick says they gotta keep getting ready and moves on.Michonne looks on at everyone packing up and sees Carl clutching his things he looks up smiles and walks past. She moves into her own room and smiles as she grabs her things and the cat she fetched from café. Moving out she looks out the window and sees Daryl approaching in the distance

The Governor is readying an army he’s blaming all of Merle’s actions on Team Prison and says they need to get everything they got and get rid of Team Prison once and for all. Whilst everyone seems keen to join in Tyreese and Sasha don’t seem keen. Karen says she just wants to protect her son which bemuses Martinez whilst Tyreese and Sasha tell Karen that Team Prison has kids and girls.Karen seems to hesitate but Martinez tells them to shutup. The governor says they are either with them or against them. Tyreese is silent which seems to stir all the woodbury folk until he simply asks.“Where’s Milton..”The governor stares blankly before yelling that they are leaving. The army leaves 30 or so in total whilst Tyreese and Sash remain looking at another knowing something is up.Back at the prison

Rick looks out at Cell block C which seems empty he paces through thinking of Lori before who seems to appear behind him ebfore he is startled. With her gone he looks down and sees Michonne.“Were ready.”Rick moves with Michonne and starts to move to the cars outside which are being packed. Arriving down Daryl is with Carol and Glenn and Maggie. Daryl looks back at Rick and Rick says.“Are you sure about this..”Daryl nods silent.What is happening is still ambigious to everyone.The governor’s convoy blazes towards the Prison. Martinez blows up a guard tower as the lead vehicle smashes through the gate it’s tyres burst out and it crashes it tyre’s taken out by objects placed at the gate. The remaining cars move through and the Governor and his army move quickly through the facility to the entrance.

They enter block C and enter the living quarters where the Prison group lived. Allen complains that this can’t be right as soon as they enter Daryl can be seen from behind he grabs the door and slams it shut locking all the woodburians and governor in.“Welcome to the tombs he yells!.” Dozens of walkers come streaming out the Governor starts shooting trying to catch Daryl as the woodburians are swamped by walkers. Allen is being bitten and calls for help the Governor shoots him and looks to Karen Shupert and Martinez who follow him as he runs down a hall.The woodburians are shooting and screaming as the mass amount of walkers swamp them.

*Milton and Sasha are in Miltons lab. Sasha is complaining that they shouldn’t be here. Tyreese says Milton knew something is up whilst they are looking through things. Sasha notes the author of the gramophone player is Milton Marnet. Tyreese stops as he finds a photo album and opens it revealing Milton the governor and his wife and Penny and some other people. The photo’s caption says Family and lists Milton’s name as Brian in the picture.*Tyreese looks to Sasha. Shows them moving through the secret areas towards Andrea’s area and stumbling onto Milton’s walker head. They slowly open Andrea torture room door.

Daryl arrives at the area Rick and others are within the prison.“It’s done..”Rick nods and they prepare to move before the Governor’s voice is heard. Daryl Michonne and Rick move through the tomb walkways instructing Glenn and Maggie to take Hershel and Beth and Carol and go. Carl wants to come his dad tells him to go.Camera pans from different angles of Ricks group and the Governor’s remaining group moving through the hallways. Daryl says he’ll check another way and ends up encountering Martinez they fight and after seemingly being on the lower hand Daryl defeats Martinez who acknowledges he’s in the wrong and will join them. Daryl believes him before with his back turned Martinez prepares to strike. Daryl turns and throws a knife into Martinez head killing him.

*Michone and Rick move through the pathways before hearing yelling. He encounters Hershel standing in front of Carol Glenn and Maggie and Carl saying to please leave them alone. Shupert Governor and Karen and some other soldiers point their guns towards them. Shupert seems on the Governor’s side whilst the Governor remains focused and angry. Rick arrives and the Governor makes sure he’s looking before demanding Michonne.Rick thinks for a moment then looks to Hershel.“No she’s family..”Governor kills Hershel and begins shooting at Rick. Ricks screams for Glenn Maggie and Beth to run. The governor fires a few shots at their fleeing direction whilst Rick shoots at the governor who is retreating from Shuperts cover fire. Michonne shoots at shupert before decapitating his head. Karen flees with the governor who moves down another hallway shooting.

Rick finds the Governor and they fight over a catwalk over block c the Governor is beating rick before Michonne appears and takes off the Governor’s left arm. Governor screams and fires a shot at a fleeing Beth taking her and the baby down. Rick enraged throws the Governor down to block C from the catwalk but the Governor grips an edge and looks to Karen who is the remaining soldier.“Help me…”Karen walks off and the Governor drops to the masses of woodburian and other zombies below and is eaten alive.Rick watches before looking to Karen emotion in his eyes.

Emotional montage showing all the death within the prison Maggie weeping with Glenn. Carl is crying too and Daryl finds his way back enraged that he couldn’t help. Rick turns over a dead beth and sees a zombie Judith. He doesn’t cry though and wipes his lips before pointing his gun down and killing it the scene cutting to black.

*Rick and co are at woodbury they ready to attack but Karen tells them she’ll get them in. She negotiates with the gate guards who let them in. The townsfolk including Dr Stevens are stunned as Rick and remaining co make their way in. Tyreese and Sash seem to be leading the people and explain that they know the Governor was a bad man and don’t want any more deaths. They reveal a half naked beaten Andrea who embraces michonne weeping.

*Rick remains silent still taking in the deaths before Tyreese approaches him and looks to Woodbury around them.“I’m sorry about whats happened but these people need a leader…. “Rick turns away not wanting to get involved before making a speech about how he will help them but won’t be a leader anymore. Woodbury is now a democracy and how they need to begin helping another and looking to the future cause if they don’t.“We are the walking dead.”

This is bullshit, don't worry. Just one that I found up on the spoiler forums, but it's fake, so I wouldn't worry. It's not as detailed as the previous correct spoilers.

Food-Crazed Maniac Oh, that's raspberry!'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

If it is fake I imagine something very similar will happen anyway.

It's fake. It doesn't add up with some of the spoiler pics and promos, so I'm not worried. What I am sure is that a spoiler will be released this weekend, and when it does, I'll be here fast enough to put it on. I won't read it though.

Tyrant:rubs M Groening's feet D DEBBS's Avatar

I don't need to watch 'The Walking Dead': when Tyrant wakes me up at 2 AM, 3 AM., or ANY time that is unreasonably early....I AM THE WALKING DEAD!!!

7. Thumbs Up To This Post by: eric

Blog Entries

9. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Startug

Blog Entries

I had a slightly different view on what the episode would turn out but this would also make for a good finale, even though it's not fully legit

I'm baaaack! Patches O'houlihan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Proof that The Walking Dead and the Toy Story movies are the same:

I found this on the Walking Dead's FB page.
    Well, ya'know if you stay positive and forget about trivial things like "proper characterization," "Satire," and "emotional depth" watching new Simpsons episodes can be a seemingly enjoyable lie.

I tried watching a new episode the Simpsons, but I realized the show hit a new low, like a brand new, underground parking structure of sadness.

Blog Entries

Saw that picture earlier on the Walking Dead Forums. Very interesting, never would have compared them. I love the ending though, damn Andrea.

Blog Entries

Wow...that ended rather anticlimactically.

I loved this episode. What I'm wondering is what kind of story they'll have for us in the fourth season, again with sixteen episodes. It appears they don't have to escape the prison now. The Governor's basically just Phillip Blake, he lost his war and killed his army.

Blog Entries

It was good, and I'm thrilled Hershel lived, but I kept expecting a massive wtf shootout that never really came. I doubt we've seen the last of The Governor and his goons.

I have no clue what could happen. I honestly think The Governor is what became of Woodbury in the comics, but maybe he does come back. I'm just now wondering if they'll be able to have the Alexandria Safezone since there really isn't any room for it.

Blog Entries

Yeah I mean if they're staying at the prison I dunno, maybe they'll just try and stretch it out for another season before moving on or something?

Oh, and I never liked Andrea so her death was meh...

I thought her death was pretty fitting. I think the producers or writers or someone was self-aware of Andrea not being a liked character, so they pretty much had to end her life.

By God, thank you. She was basically an insult to her comic counterpart.

Blog Entries

judging from my parents' reactions i'm gonna assume  milton's death  either wasn't exactly a big surprise or she wasn't beloved

RIP Milton
    For you, we raise our Swingline staplers:

Curiouser and curiouser MindQuad's Avatar

Andrea is seriously the worst character ever, but thankfully they killed her off. Weak season finale though, things that should have been resolved weren't, and the battle was almost anti-climactic. Only redeeming thing was the Carl stuff.

Entertaining show, but it's really not particularly good.

Blog Entries

Milton's slow and painful death was far more sad than Andrea for sure. First of all, Milton slowly dying for the entirety of the episode was hard to watch, since he is quite possibly one of the most harmless characters who doesn't deserve this kind of treatment at all. I liked Andrea in Season 1 and at times in Season 2 but this season she sunk to an all time low. I can see why the writers killed her character off though. Being unlikeable this entire season within the show's fanbase and sometimes even in general, she can't exactly redeem herself even if they changed it so she ended up killing The Governor. Her comic counterpart is completely different. Even though Robert Kirkman wanted to change the TV series so it doesn't follow the exact same storyline as the comics do, I still feel this was a poor choice for them to make regarding Andrea's character. I have a feeling that Karen, the chick that was saved by Rick, Daryl and Michonne is the new Andrea for next season. I believe she'll probably follow a similar characterization to that of Andrea's from the comics. So it'll be like Daryl and Merle - a new character who doesn't exist outside of the TV series being developed.

All in all, this episode had its high points and its low points. I absolutely loved that massacre by The Governor. So unexpected and wicked at the same time. It really showed a new sadistic side of The Governor that was let out, just by that angry devilish frown on his face as they were arguing. My theory on that is that he doesn't like when people are of a higher status than him. Whoever decides to make rules and completely disregards his immediately get executed. Whereas before the apocalypse, I believe Milton said in 314 he knew him when he was just an average joe(?) Not quite sure if this is true or not, but it's what I remember. That Carl scene where he put a bullet through that teenager's head was great too. Nice little change of character there. People at the Walking Dead Forums are crazy though. They think, because Hershel tattled on him for killing him intentionally, that Carl will get his revenge on Hershel for doing so and will kill him in Season 4. That's ridiculous. Even if he has changed his attitude, why would he kill the man who helped save his life after getting shot by Otis in Season 2? Still, wonderful scene of character development. It really shows what's in store for Carl in Season 4. That kid's gonna be getting into all sorts of trouble. I also liked how the episode started. That awesome shot of The Governor's pupil and zooming out to reveal his bloody face was incredible. Even though I feel Milton didn't deserve it, I knew his death was coming but still felt sad throughout the episode, especially when they KEPT BRINGING HIM BACK TO LIFE. Poor guy. His death set up a very good story there, between him turning and Andrea having trouble escaping the torture chair. Andrea's death was unexpected, a good and interesting twist to end a rather anti-climatic finale. In fact, I was actually expecting to see Hershel, Beth and even Judith go this run. And even The Governor. I was surprised to see he was still roaming by the end. So more Governor and more prison for Season 4? Ugh. Another thing I enjoyed was Rick looking into the distance after Andrea passing away and this time not seeing Lori. I think this part symbolizes his hope for keeping his group safe for the future. Lori is the object of "hope" and when she disappears and Rick knows the Woodbury soldiers have been killed, he suddenly has hope for surviving The Governor's sadistic game.

I can't actually think of anything I didn't particularly enjoy, except for maybe the fact that we didn't get the action we were expecting. Beforehand, they made it seem as though there was going to be a massive battle with a huge showdown between The Governor and Rick. Which never happened. That battle was very brief and anti-climatic. Though this was saved by The Governor's massacre.

Overall, a very good season finale earning a 9.2/10

Seed - 9.5/10 (3)
    Sick - 9.1/10 (7)
    Walk With Me - 8.9/10 (10)
    Killer Within - 10/10 (1)
    Say the Word - 8.3/10 (15)
    Hounded - 8.7/10 (12)
    When the Dead Come Knocking - 9/10 (9)
    Made to Suffer - 9.2/10 (5)
    The Suicide King - 8.9/10 (11)
    Home - 9.1/10 (8)
    I Ain't a Judas - 7.2/10 (16)
    Clear - 9.9/10 (2)
    Arrow on the Doorpost - 8.4/10 (14)
    Prey - 8.6/10 (13)
    This Sorrowful Life - 9.4/10 (4)
    Welcome to the Tombs - 9.2/10 (6)

An excellent season overall. Best yet. Huge improvement over 2.

Blog Entries

I can't remember if I said it here or over at adult swim so I'll mention it again but I thought Hershel tattling on Carl was kinda dickish but understandable. Still feel like Carl was totally justified in killing that guy though. Frankly I expected him not to and the guy to blow Hershel's face off.

Nice call on the pupil dan, I forgot but it was a nice callback to the season premiere.

Carl did it because he didn't want another Randall situation. There was no need for risk again.

Banned
    standing atop the ruins of OSS' crushed dreams

Quote Originally Posted by Oh, that's raspberry! View Post
    Still feel like Carl was totally justified in killing that guy though.
    Wow. Remind me never to go against you in a zombie apocalypse. I thought Carl was a massive dick for doing that. The guy was just handing his gun over, he was of no real threat for the time being. Just keep your gun level and keep a steady gaze on him. Carl was just being a coward. That was a real undignified death.

Anyway, enjoyed the finale. Quite a bit more cerebral than the previous one, and all the better for it IMO. Best WTF moments were the aforementioned Carl face-heel turn, and the Governor gunning his own people down. I've never gotten the hate for Andrea, and was saddened to see her and Milton go. I had high hopes for Milton's character. I was hoping they'd keep him on and slowly turn him into a badass ala Jackson in Stargate or something.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Oh, that's raspberry! View Post
    Nice call on the pupil dan, I forgot but it was a nice callback to the season premiere.
    It reminded me of the opening to Lost, that zooms out of Jack's eye.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Brickhead View Post
    Wow. Remind me never to go against you in a zombie apocalypse. I thought Carl was a massive dick for doing that. The guy was just handing his gun over, he was of no real threat for the time being. Just keep your gun level and keep a steady gaze on him. Carl was just being a coward. That was a real undignified death.

Anyway, enjoyed the finale. Quite a bit more cerebral than the previous one, and all the better for it IMO. Best WTF moments were the aforementioned Carl face-heel turn, and the Governor gunning his own people down. I've never gotten the hate for Andrea, and was saddened to see her and Milton go. I had high hopes for Milton's character. I was hoping they'd keep him on and slowly turn him into a badass ala Jackson in Stargate or something.
    The guy was told to drop the gun and didn't. Coward? bull fucking shit.

28. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Startug

He wasn't really dropping it, he may have had something planned. Again, the last thing they need is to keep a prisoner alive based on objections with someone's moral opinion.

a whiz with cold drinks Noroomatthe Innmate No. 2's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Carl was a huge dick in this episode.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Sandford II View Post
    While not humorous, would be cool if someone actually put this in their sig.

He pissed me off when he got angry at Rick for no reason as usual.

Notice his words when he mentioned to his dad about killing that guy. He's mirroring Shane. Something tells me that Rick has two of his children now...

Banned
    Blog Entries

My favorite part was when the guv'ner killed all his own people.
    It was so funny and pissed off so many fans wanting a big battle.

But for me... he finally became the guv'ner of the comics.
    I.E. a real super villian who does not fear death, and will cause death at the drop of an eyelash... no matter the cost.

He's pretty much Galvatron now, and I love it.
    F' you Starscream... *blamo* ... who else wants to die for being a crappy minion???
    All I need are Cyclonus and Scourge!!!!

As for Carl... he could have just shot that kid in the leg.. and have actually told Rick that he did't drop it and was acting all weird when handing it over... barrel pointed at Carl the whole time.
    But no, both him and Hersh are to dumb to actually tell Rick what EXACTLY happened just to serve a story arc for next year.
    But... he didn't.... so he's shane/guv'ner jr. now.

Also Milton and Andrea caused all those deaths by looking the other way for sooo long, so they both got what was coming to them. F 'em both.

I liked that Woodbury joined the prison.. but people who have poked holes in that.. by using logic are correct...
    It seems so odd that we get all these people (now ok/normal people) who were ALL into zombie fights last season?
    Last edited by The Angry Animated Comedy Nerd; 04-01-2013 at 10:25 PM.

33. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Startug

Last edited by Startug; 04-07-2013 at 07:19 PM.

Thread Information