Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The Boondocks General Discussion

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

I just finished catching up with season 3 last night. I'm so friggin ready.

Remember Me As I Was 1010011010's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Prepare to be severely disappointed...or just slightly disappointed. Depends on who's actually writing for the show now, which so far is completely unknown.
    Just because I'm stupider than them, they think they're smarter than me!
    Simpsons Season 27 Ratings:
    Every Man's Dream-4.8/10 Cue Detective-6/10 Puffless-7/10 Halloween of Horror-8.4/10 Treehouse of Horror XXVI-(4.5, 5, 3.5) 4.25/10 Friend With Benefit-5/10 Lisa With An 'S'-5.5/10 Paths of Glory--/10 Barthood--/10 The Girl Code--/10 Teenage Mutant Milk-Caused Hurdles--/10 Much Apu About Something--/10 Gal of Constant Sorrow--/10 Love Is in the N2-O2-Ar-CO2-Ne-He-CH4--/10 Lisa the Veterinarian--/10 The Marge-ian Chronicles--/10 The Burns Cage--/10 How Lisa Got Her Marge Back--/10 Fland Canyon--/10 Simprovised--/10 To Courier With Love--/10 Orange is the New Yellow--/10
    Futurama Season 7B Ratings:
    2-D Blacktop-7.5/10 Fry and Leela's Big Fling-7.9/10 T.: The Terrestrial-8.2/10 Forty Percent Leadbelly-6.8/10 The Inhuman Torch-8.4/10 Saturday Morning Fun Pit-(9, 7, 8.5) 8.2/10 Calculon 2.0-8.7/10 Assie Come Home-8.5/10 Leela and the Genestalk-7.2/10 Game of Tones-9.2/10 Murder on The Planet Express-9/10 Stench and Stenchibility-8.5/10 Meanwhile-9.5/10
    Jumping the Shark since 1998...
    Alternate Ending Winner of NHC Survivor Season 1

I saw a preview of the upcoming episode and it looks OK. Nothing to judge by just yet.

You're BoJack Horseman, no cure for that.

Blog Entries

The Breaking Bad episode looks like it has potential, as does the Stinkmeaner episode if they can explain why he's back again well (the Star Wars reference irked me though because of Aarons opinion of the movies). The new episode trailer looked meh though.

Hopefully the show at least keeps the humor of the previous Seasons for the remainder of it's run and doesn't completely dive bomb and ruin itself.

Milhouse once mentioned a city very close to mine.
    Blog Entries

I had no idea a fourth season was in production; I just found out a few hours ago. I watched the trailer and got geeked; for some reason, I absolutely can't get enough of The Boondocks. I then read that the creator won't be behind this new season; that kind of news always makes me weary. I'd like to remain optimistic just the same.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 1010011010 View Post
    Prepare to be severely disappointed...or just slightly disappointed. Depends on who's actually writing for the show now, which so far is completely unknown.
    well previous producer Carl Jones' twitter bio labels him as "executive producer" and I believe he was the one who began sharing teasers for the new season a few months ago, so I'ma guess it's him, though it could also be McGruder's old co-writer on the show Rodney Barnes. we'll see.

AV Club review of season 4: http://www.avclub.com/review/without...view:1:Default

Wow takes just two episodes to judge a 20 episode season. damn these sampling reviews.

Blog Entries

The first half just ended and already the writing just feels off.

Blog Entries

gonna catch the second airing later, who wrote the episode?

Blog Entries

Well, it was good in a way just not as good as anything from the previous seasons. It really reminded me of South Park, like going from season 6 to 10 it's good just not nearly as good.

And I seriously do not know who wrote it, it never said "Written by___"
    We have the normal Executive and Co exec producers, Rodney Burns and Brian J Cowan. So maybe they're just writing it now.

EDIT: ok I can find it now

Blog Entries

Alright episode. The plot wasn't that original (felt like a loose combo of the Pimp Named Slickback and Art Kelly episodes), and there wasn't many jokes, but it was decent enough for a premiere episode. Really agree with the A.V. Club on that it sort of feels like an imitation of the show. The pace felt right, the animation had the same look (though had a few too many weird angles), and the characters didn't seem much different from before, but it just didn't feel like it had the same spirit as before, not as clever or different from a regular show.

Then again, it's only 1 episode, so I'll just have to wait and see how the show goes.

Overall: a 3/5.

Blog Entries

Ok it was written by Angelina Nissel @Kaos

Wow... that was a depressing episode. It was interesting, but boring. It was basically Tom, Sarah and Usher if it had a crossover with The Trial of R. Kelly. So miserable to sit through. Why couldn't the opener be about the three main characters? Why couldn't the episode have relevancy along with a great message in it? This was nothing like The Itis. Nowhere as funny as Guess Hoe's Coming to Dinner (I know that's debatable). It's pretty clear to me that The Boondocks is on a rocky path before it jumps the cliff. 2/5

Well, this was ok, but I sure as fuck didn't want to focus on Tom.
    facebook / twitter / tumblr
    round and round let the city turn party in the hills we can party in the burbs roof on fire let it burn champagne in my hand I'm not concerned

I still have nineteen episodes to see, but I fear this season just won't be good.

Blog Entries

I think the Season should be okay, just not as really great, clever, and controversial as the other Seasons. As long as the show doesn't completely give up half way through, it should be a decent run, with possibly a few amazing episodes if they get lucky.

Anyway, here's a clip from the Stinkmeaner episode (1:40).

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/video...Gq4jLHpM9pEkPf

Oh yeah, I noticed that the opening sequence was changed visually, but it wasn't remixed like previous seasons. I remember hearing something about the artist quitting/being let go from production of the show.

I think it was supposed to be chris brown; "christyanna" = rihanna.

I too found this to be pretty dull overall. Tom and his wife just aren't all that interesting and it should have been some mid season filler, not a season premiere. 3/5

19. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Startug

Blog Entries

I think the Season should be okay, just not as really great, clever, and controversial as the other Seasons. As long as the show doesn't completely give up half way through, it should be a decent run, with possibly a few amazing episodes if they get lucky.

Anyway, here's a clip from the Stinkmeaner episode (1:40).

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/video...Gq4jLHpM9pEkPf
    From the looks of the background it's the exact place where they first met Stinkmeaner. In fact the car is fucked up in the same place as before, so maybe Robert is having a flash back. But it looks like he's doing better in terms of fighting here so maybe he's telling someone how it happened but is exaggerating the story. Or something weirder is happening.

Blog Entries

Well this is weird

The Boondocks - Release Date, Pricing Found for 'The Complete Set' and 'Complete 4th Season'
    DVD collections for each of this is due out in late June, according to Amazon
    Posted by David Lambert
    4/23/2014

It hasn't been formally announced yet by Sony Pictures Home Entertainment, but an Amazon.com pre-order listing shows that The Boondocks - The Complete Set is coming to DVD on June 24th, at $95.99 SRP (but you can pre-order it at a large discount using the link provided above). Details and package art haven't been provided yet, but stay tuned.

A separate listing shows that The Boondocks - The Complete 4th Season - which just began airing the other day! - is also coming out on that same day of June 24th, but Amazon.com's entry for that title isn't accepting pre-orders just yet. At least not there at the USA site. However, Amazon's Canadian site IS taking pre-orders for that fourth (and final) season, again showing that same date, plus a price of CA$40.99 SRP Again, there's no box art or other info yet, so stay tuned for updates when Sony makes all of this official.

Taken from: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/n/19735#ixzz2zr2q5B6R

Blog Entries

Wait, they're releasing the complete DVD sets before Season 4 is even finished airing? That's...odd.

Blog Entries

Unless the season is only 15 episodes instead of 20. Even then it would be released a week before the finale.

I'm theorizing that maybe they're taking the middle finger marketing route by splitting it into two seasons.

Blog Entries

But then why would they release a "complete series" collection, if they still have another already made 10 episodes ready to air at any time.

I'm just going to assume Amazon's wrong and that Sony will announce it officially after the series is done (unless they want to make some money off of fans who want to watch the rest of the series early).

But then why would they release a "complete series" collection, if they still have another already made 10 episodes ready to air at any time.

I'm just going to assume Amazon's wrong and that Sony will announce it officially after the series is done (unless they want to make some money off of fans who want to watch the rest of the series early).
    because fuck all logic. The other assumption is that MAYBE they cut the order down with no announcement. Idk.

Blog Entries

I think there will only be 15 episodes. If I remember correctly 20 was just what some of the voice actors said about 2 years ago, the order probably just got cut down. honestly I can't imagine adultswim airing a 20 episode season of a half hour show anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Insomnia View Post
    I think there will only be 15 episodes. If I remember correctly 20 was just what some of the voice actors said about 2 years ago, the order probably just got cut down. honestly I can't imagine adultswim airing a 20 episode season of a half hour show anyways.
    20 was confirmed by AS I thought though.

Blog Entries

It never said in the press release as far as I know.

Blog Entries

Looking at the opening alone, this really should've been the premiere episode (has Huey doing a narration, introduces the main characters of the show in the Good Times opening). The actual episode's been really bland though, so...

Blog Entries

This episode annoyed me a lot more than it should've. Besides a few of Uncle Ruckus's lines, I didn't laugh at all during this episode, with all the attempts at jokes feeling really forced (the dollar bet, the Good Times echo). The only thing that interested me is that now this Season will have a storyline with the Freemans as slaves and Uncle Ruckus on the political front. Just a really shaky and odd attempt at making a Boondocks episode without any of the biting dialogue or humor to help it.

A 2/5.

Thread Information