Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The Boondocks General Discussion

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

The Crime-Solving Boat Knightboat's Avatar

Unfortunately we don't have Netflix in New Zealand, but what I will do is seek out the DVDs. I'm more interested in watching them uncensored rather than a TV broadcast version.

The show is great uncensored. It feels very real.

Blog Entries

Yeah the show is best viewed uncensored, and the first season is a little rocky and differnt than the second and third seasons.

The animation got better too. I'm excited for the fourth season.

Blog Entries

A new AD bump just confirmed that the new season will start in January

I am pumped now. Lots of good shit coming in January.

You're BoJack Horseman, no cure for that.

Nintendo Dance Party! ManiacalRoboKiller's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Startug View Post
    I am pumped now. Lots of good shit coming in January.
    Really the only two shows I'm looking forward too in January are this and Archer. September for me is jam packed with new episodes/premieres.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bart Flimpson's Dracula View Post
    Like Seth MacFarlane's addiction to creating terrible new shows, Matt Groening has a problem with concluding a show. He needs therapy.

Quote Originally Posted by ManiacalRoboKiller View Post
    Really the only two shows I'm looking forward too in January are this and Archer. September for me is jam packed with new episodes/premieres.
    Well, I'm also looking forward to Lucas Brothers, Golan, Murder Police, and now The Boondocks.

Show has been announced to begin season four on April 21st, 2014 at 10:30 PM. It's a Monday night.

Blog Entries

I know it had been pushed back. I was really hoping it would be this month.

Well zero promotion as of the last few months indicated that there was no way The Boondocks was coming back this season.

Blog Entries

Jeez, it will almost have been 4 years since the previous season by the time season 4 airs.

No kidding. I'm sure they intended an earlier date, but I remember that the creator had also intended for the third season to be the last one.

Blog Entries

Yeah some of there more ambitious shows just take forever in between seasons but then they are usually great. And at least this season will apparently be 20 episodes long.

If its 20-episode run is continuous, it'll finish off on September 1, 2014. I have a feeling that they may actually split the season in half and air the rest at a later date to keep the audience up.

Blog Entries

So Arron will be making a new live action show for adultswim called "Black Jesus"
    http://www.deadline.com/2014/03/adul...comedy-series/

I happened to see that. I began having my doubts on The Boondocks' return date, but then I saw this:

Source: https://twitter.com/iamcarljones/sta...46498155368448

I guess it's really happening. Surprised they didn't do a press release or any promos yet.

Edit: I take that back, I heard there was a promo that aired last night. I don't watch AS (don't have Dish), so I wouldn't know.
    Last edited by Startug; 03-14-2014 at 05:39 AM.

Blog Entries

Blog Entries

I don't get why they waited until now to tell us this but but Aaron McGruder had nothing to do with season 4 and this will be the final season apparently.

http://news.turner.com/article_displ...rticle_id=6677

This is apparently the final season according to Broadway World and BubbleBlabber (the latter I'm sketchy about), but today was given a release of promo images and teaser plots of what's going on in this season.

From the Broadway World article:

The new season finds Huey, Riley and Granddad encountering a roster of characters, both new and familiar, in uproarious situations, including Granddad's dating a long lost Kardashian sister; their friend Tom DuBois acting as R&B bad boy "Pretty Boy Flizzy's" lawyer in exchange for relationship advice; Granddad's love affair with Siri on his new iPhone; and the Freemans' foray into the lethal black market of the hair-care industry la "Breaking Bad." Throughout the final season, an eclectic mix of hip-hop artists, actors, comedians and media personalities will voice guest characters on the series, including Jenifer Lewis, Dennis Haysbert, Busta Rhymes, Snoop Dogg, Ghostface Killah, CeeLo, Lil Wayne, Donald Faison, Aisha Tyler, Kym Whitley, Tichina Arnold, Mo'Nique, Marion Ross, Tavis Smiley, Terry Crews, Bill Duke, and Cedric the Entertainer. Reprising their guest roles from last season are Xzibit, Charlie Murphy, MTV's Sway and Katt Williams, among others.
    So yeah, sounds like Boondocks alright. Sounds really like season 3. Which I thought was alright. So for the past few years, I have been insanely excited for season 4... then I saw this from the same BW article:

This season was produced without the involvement of Aaron McGruder, when a mutually agreeable production schedule could not be determined.
    Yeah... this season's gonna suck I think. Fuck.

Sources:
    http://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwtv/a...1#.Uyx7EPldW_g
    http://www.bubbleblabber.com/boondoc...n-trailerpics/

21. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Insomnia

Blog Entries

Ce Loo Green huh? I hope that means Reverend Good love will be coming back.
    It also looks like a Pimp Named Slickback, Ed wuncler and Thugnificents crew are returning.
    Good thing Aaron doesn't do any main voices on the show since he apparently had nothing to do with this season but the show might feel weird since Aaron writes pretty much every episode but lest hope the other writers are still on season 4, if so the season may be decent.

Aaron was really what made the show though. I feel that if his direction is missing, then it may just be a show about some black people and some stories. Nothing really like the first 3 seasons. (and no, I don't mean to sound racist.)

Update: Saw the news on Futon Critic. Yes, it's true. Aaron wasn't involved and this is the final season. Ugh.. Jesus what a horrible sendoff.
    Last edited by Startug; 03-21-2014 at 12:40 PM.

Blog Entries

Actual trailer for the new season. And it looks pretty awesome to me
    http://boondocks.tv/

it's on the top of the page

Blog Entries

yep, saw previews on comedy central (??) for this.

why oh why does adult swim always take a whole fucking eternity to make a new season of all their good shows?

Blog Entries

They don't make the boondocks, Sony does.

BrokenBox

I've only seen some episodes, but that looks really good. I might try to get into this series.

Seasons 1-2 are the best. 3 is okay, a couple of great ones in it.

Saw the trailer and well, it was pretty epic. The art has improved I can admit that. Oh and a Breaking Bad parody. Eh I'm still not convinced this season's gonna be that great. I'll still watch for completionist's sake.
    Last edited by Startug; 03-31-2014 at 09:25 PM.

Blog Entries

This has been a long wait. Might as well check it out, despite Aaron not being involved

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Insomnia View Post
    They don't make the boondocks, Sony does.
    i know this, but adult swim does air it, and obviously allows them to make such long breaks, as well as other shows, which is ridiculous.

So Pretty Boy Flizzy airs tomorrow night at 10:30. The plot:

R&B bad boy Pretty Boy Flizzy is arrested for armed robbery and exchanges relationship advice for a lawyer, Tom Dubois.

Thread Information