Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Pixar Thread

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Blog Entries

ugh

Blog Entries

brave sux it's a boring half-rate cartoon with a random plot and boring characters

a very big disappointment (especially because it won the fucking oscar so people are going to think it's good)

Quote Originally Posted by ilovebender.com View Post
    I love women.

Blog Entries

please don't remind me brave won the oscar

it'll just make me mad

in other news: despicable me 2 is about to cream the box office and make nearly double what MU made its first weekend. monsters will still have a healthy BO total (it'll wind up with about what brave made by the end of its run, if not more)... but damn. pixar ain't the kings yet again, and neither is dreamworks. looks like it's... illumination?
    twitter

Quote Originally Posted by IdiotDetector View Post
    Two and a Half Men is no more an "adult show" than "Rocket Power."

Blog Entries

well "does this count as annoying? PPBT PPBT PPBT PPBT PBBT ugh" and "ITS SO FLUFFY" made every little girl cream and need to see the first one so of course it's got huge box office returns

Blog Entries

I think it's more about the minions.

Blog Entries

well that too i guess. can't run into a toy store without minion plushes everywhere. a poor mans toy story aliens anyway.

Blog Entries

I work at universal studios. it's minion mayhem there.

seriously, we're opening up a ride next year literally called minion mayhem.

Blog Entries

i saw ads for that when i went to universal florida... it was open there and i was like "eh"

Blog Entries

What's so good about despicable me? Kids just like it for the little yellow dudes with weird voices. Why can't people these days find enjoyment out of more original content?
    Quote Originally Posted by hammster View Post
    Better not waste it in the Lounge.

Nintendo Dance Party! ManiacalRoboKiller's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The original Despicable Me was decent wasn't great or even funny but it wasn't terrible. The characters were endearing to a point. I personally thought MegaMind was much better. That being said I have ZERO interest in seeing Despicable Me 2 OR that minion spin-off movie next year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bart Flimpson's Dracula View Post
    Like Seth MacFarlane's addiction to creating terrible new shows, Matt Groening has a problem with concluding a show. He needs therapy.

Blog Entries

I went to an arcade and won a minion doll. It now sits somewhere in my closet

Banned
    Blog Entries

Now that I've seen MU, let's see how I'd rank all the Pixar films so far. I'm gonna be doing some switching around compared to how I ranked them last time.

1. Monsters University
    2. Toy Story 3
    3. Up
    4. Finding Nemo
    5. Monsters, Inc.
    6. Ratatouille
    7. Brave
    8. Toy Story 2
    9. The Incredibles
    10. A Bug's Life
    11. Toy Story
    12. WALL-E
    13. Cars
    14. Cars 2

Blog Entries

is monsters university seriously your favorite pixar film?

I mean I liked it and everything but jesus

a whiz with cold drinks Frightenin' Mate No. 2's Avatar
    Blog Entries

the three most recent good pixar films are all his favorite, in chronological order...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Sandford II View Post
    While not humorous, would be cool if someone actually put this in their sig.

Blog Entries

i still don't see why people like toy story 3 more than 2.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    is monsters university seriously your favorite pixar film?

I mean I liked it and everything but jesus
    Yeah. Didn't see anything wrong with it and I liked it more than Toy Story 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frightened Inmate No. 2 View Post
    the three most recent good pixar films are all his favorite, in chronological order...
    I like Brave too.

Seriously guys, you should realise that not everyone has the same opinion.

Though I think me ranking the Pixar films is pretty pointless. Other than the Cars films I like them all equally.
    Last edited by Johnny Deformed; 07-13-2013 at 02:27 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by N Wilbury View Post
    I like Brave too.
    I said last good Pixar film. Brave is fine, but I wouldn't call it good.

Seriously guys, you should realise that not everyone has the same opinion.
    I just find it odd that you seem to love whichever the newest one is. You're entitled to your opinion, though.

Blog Entries

Banned
    Blog Entries

I watched Toy Story earlier. It's definitely stood the test of time.

I'm not your friend-o Cartoonnetwork's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Brave is perfectly ok and it deserved the Oscar. It wasn't the only movie that deserved the Oscar that year, but I don't think Wreck It Ralph was really much better. ParaNorman and Pirates! deserved the Oscar more than Wreck It Ralph. Frankenweenie had a couple of good moments but it was a little dull overall.

The story of Brave wasn't especially epic and even had some plot holes but I thought all the characters were as charismatic as most Pixar characters, the jokes worked, the animation and design of character like Merida, The Witch and the bears (the kids and the mother) were absolutely wonderful and the soundtrack was pretty good.

I'm tired of Pixar winning the Oscar almost every time but I don't think this was so unfair as most people think.
    My Simpsons homage!

http://elblogderg.blogspot.com

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Frightened Inmate No. 2 View Post
    that is the dumbest thing I've ever read

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cartoonnetwork View Post
    Brave is perfectly ok and it deserved the Oscar. It wasn't the only movie that deserved the Oscar that year, but I don't think Wreck It Ralph was really much better. ParaNorman and Pirates! deserved the Oscar more than Wreck It Ralph. Frankenweenie had a couple of good moments but it was a little dull overall.

The story of Brave wasn't especially epic and even had some plot holes but I thought all the characters were as charismatic as most Pixar characters, the jokes worked, the animation and design of character like Merida, The Witch and the bears (the kids and the mother) were absolutely wonderful and the soundtrack was pretty good.

I'm tired of Pixar winning the Oscar almost every time but I don't think this was so unfair as most people think.
    Nice to see someone agrees with me on Brave.

Blog Entries

I also really liked Brave. While at first I thought Wreck-it Ralph should have won the oscar. On re-watch it's not THAT entertaining. It was cool seeing all the game characters on the big screen but their roles are so pivotal and short that after first watch the movie just seems...drab. Brave I've rewatched 3 times and still enjoy it all the way through. Hoping if we do get it a Ralph sequel (theatrical) they utilize the licenses more. Seemed like a waste to pay all of these companies to use their characters probably millions of dollars only to use them for like 3-5 minutes in total. Let's see Sonic or Ryu or Mario or whatever part of the adventure with Ralph, Felix, Penelope, and Calhoun. That would be cool and it would be more interesting on rewatches. Or have Bowser, Eggman, and M.Bison trying to take over the whole game world or something (OF COURSE!!).

Blog Entries

What does your favorite Pixar film say about you? Coming from Disney: http://blogs.disney.com/oh-my-disney...socialmedia|||

My favorite is Toy Story Trilogy so:

Yes, we’re grouping all three Toy Story films together into one epic saga of emotion, because honestly it’s too hard to choose a favorite from amongst the three. If you love yourself some Toy Story, you probably have a big heart and a head full of memories. We can’t be positive, but you were probably the kid who couldn’t pick which toy to bring on vacation, and found a way to stuff all of your stuffed animals into bed with you at night. We’re not saying you can cry at the drop of a hat, but you get a bit teary-eyed when you take a stroll down memory lane. We’d be surprised if your favorite toy wasn’t still sitting on a shelf in your room, and that’s okay, we feel you on that one.

Blog Entries

Monsters U was pretty decent. Saw it opening night and enjoyed it, though I wanted... more. not really sure why but it felt like something was missing

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Pinkman View Post
    Monsters U was pretty decent. Saw it opening night and enjoyed it, though I wanted... more. not really sure why but it felt like something was missing
    The only thing I wanted more from this film was jokes..they were kinda lacking and it's especially noticeable on rewatch. That being said it's still a cute/fun film but yeah Inc outdid it in the emotion and comedy department.

Blog Entries

D23 is happening and holy fuck today pixar just dropped an info bomb on the world

the good dinosaur, inside out and finding dory all got dished on.

bullet points:
    • the good dinosaur is essentially (unfortunately) a reverse-flintstones where it takes place in early human times, but the dinosaurs have evolved to form civilization and keep cavemen as pets. hopefully the dinosaur aspect is enough to keep it from getting "croods" comparisons and I guess I trust bob peterson. apparently it didn't exactly wow the audience (though they liked it), and pixar was keeping some secretive, closed-off tabs on it. story problems, perhaps? whatever neil patrick harris voices a dinosaur and goddammit that's enough for me!
    • ironically, pete docter's team on "inside out" has their shit together, as apparently it was the hit of the panel. the original premise sounds like pixar's version of "herman's head" (exploring the inner-workings of the human mind), but this one is much more complex and expansive. not only do we meet the five emotions of the little girl (anger, of course, is voiced by lewis black [insert family guy ostrich here]), but the emotions of her parents... and everybody she meets as the emotions interact thru each other thru their host bodies. we also explore more of the girl's mind showing her imagination, memory storage and subconscious. the scene they screened was allegedly a gigantic success with the audience. it sounds fucking interesting as hell and the idea has been expanded so much so that it seems like it could last an entire film. oh yea, and not only do phyllis and kelly from the office voice two emotions, but the girl's mind is lead by leslie fucking knope herself. (my favorite internet comment so far was that the emotion should hire "passive-aggressive" played by aubrey plaza)
    • finding dory is still a thing, and it's about dory finding her family. (and... I guess eventually finding herself yadda yadda symbolism) also they rewrote the film's third act taking place at a sea park because there was a documentary that came out about how sea parks are bad and we should feel bad. because this is a thing that will surely be still a hot button controversy in two-and-a-half years, we can't have it. oh yes, and eugene levy voices a fish.
    • there will be a monsters university short attached to the good dinosaur instead of attached to the dvd/blu-ray because I'm guessing 1) they didn't think it was going to be that big of a hit and 2) pixar's canada unit just isn't cranking out any academy award-worthy shorts. then again, that didn't stop them from screening the blue umbrella (cue mordecai/rigby, "WHOAAAAAAAAAAAA!")
    • that toy story halloween special is still airing this year. they screened ten minutes of it and D23 people were happy because it was toy story and everybody loves toy story.
    • disney toon is making a sequel to planes even though the first one just opened and looks like it won't do very well. but fuck you people cuz merchandising money to be made. apparently there was a really awkward part in the panel where lasseter tried to get everyone all psyched and showed a tour of the very stoic, boring disneytoon HQ that's nothing like the pixar campus. yikes.

oh and for the walt disney animation studios side... they didn't announce wreck-it ralph 2 so who cares.

28. Thumbs Up To This Post by: MDB, tyler

Blog Entries

I bet you Planes 2 will be way better than Cars 2 was.

Junior Camper

A still jar of mayonnaise on screen for an hour and a half would be better than Cars 2 was.

31. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Kid Moe

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jims View Post
    I bet you Planes 2 will be way better than Cars 2 was.
    seeing as the first planes is touted as being worse than cars 2... not sure if that's possible.

also how the fuck did pixar manage to make a movie that sounds better than one with DINOSAURS?! can we have inside out next year?

please?!

PLEASE PETE DOCTER?!

Thread Information