Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920

Thread: Little things you hate about Family Guy.

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Quote Originally Posted by TheAlmightyTallest View Post
    Seth MacFarlane has had bigger success than Matt Groening though. He's the only animator also seen as a celebrity, got to host the Oscars, had a vice grip on the Animation Domination block and has had three movies. Matt Groening has had none of that. The Simpsons was big, but Family Guy was bigger. But it seems to have fizzled out more than The Simpsons and lost it's relevance in pop culture. People seem to feel embarassed to admit that they ever liked the show in the first place and cringe at the very idea of when people bring it up. I don't even know why it's still on because the ratings are horrible and no one cares about it anymore. I guess people were tired of it's overexposure, I soured on it in 2010 and I didn't understand how it was still popular because it was past it's prime. Time hasn't been kind to it either because Family Guy specifically (especially the post cancellation seasons) targeted teenagers, particularly those who follow fads. Unlike The Simpsons and South Park, which target adults, Family Guy was significantly aimed at teens only. When the teens that watched it grew up, Family Guy seems more like a product of the late 2000s and early 2010s and sticks out like a sore thumb in today's society.
    You are right on everything. The big problem with Seth is his massive ego. With the exception of The Cleveland Show, Seth just wants to voice and star in almost everything he does. He is no Dan Castenella or Billy West because all the characters he does sound exactly the same. Peter sounds like Roger, Brian sounds like Tom Tucker , Dr. Hartman sounds like Carter etc. He is very limited. Even in the Ted movies, Ted is Peter Griffin only as a teddy bear. He should have had somebodyelse done the voice and it would have worked. I didn't see A Million Ways to Die in the West but I saw the previews and I wished he had casted somebodyelse in the lead and not himself. Even that movie bombed. Even the third time wasn't the charm when The cleveland show aired. At Matt Groiening has more variety and originality with Futurama and the newest one Disenchantment. Seth does the same show over again 3 times without doing anything differant. Not all families are the same the way Seth does it. At least Norman Lear doesn't do the same thing over but does differant families every time. The Orville isn't bad. At least it's not a family.

I'd argue that Roger at least stands out being a pretty decent Paul Lynde impression, but other than that, his range is indeed very limited compared to the other voice actors you mentioned. The repetitive formula is the bigger creative "sin", though.
    A little less Generic than before.

I'm from Canada, eh. People think I'm slooooow.

I don't like the way the characters look mostly, with the half-smug idiot grin they all have. The comedy is hit or miss for me so I maintain the position that it can be utterly moronic but also hilarious. Usually the former.
    please watch my duck cartoon:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFA9fBhIeR8

Tyrant: bit Billie Eilish! D DEBBS's Avatar

I saw the Simpsons/Family Guy cross-over and there is nothing I liked about Family Guy....none of the Griffins...especially Peter...are likable! I hate the way Peter treats Meg....at least Homer attempts to connect with Lisa even though he doesn't get her preferences in music and her activism.

Quote Originally Posted by D DEBBS View Post
    I saw the Simpsons/Family Guy cross-over and there is nothing I liked about Family Guy....none of the Griffins...especially Peter...are likable! I hate the way Peter treats Meg....at least Homer attempts to connect with Lisa even though he doesn't get her preferences in music and her activism.
    I hated that huge pile of shit!!! Meg was likeable and she nailed on the sax way better than Lisa. Lisa was horrible when she said that nasty comment. It wasn't natural. I never want to see this episode again. Peter is a fat asshole who should die!

@Seth McFarlane you changed my mind, I want my money. Clarification can be given via pm

Thread Information