Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Little things you hate about Family Guy.

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Blog Entries

from what you've seen, which is very little

also i dont need your respect mouthbreather
    Fuck Donald Trump. #NotMyPresident

Never said you needed it. But, if you think I'm going to give you a 2nd chance without it you can keep dreaming.

Blog Entries

love to dream

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheDuffBlimp View Post
    Never said you needed it. But, if you think I'm going to give you a 2nd chance without it you can keep dreaming.
    chill the fuck out
    twitter

Quote Originally Posted by IdiotDetector View Post
    Two and a Half Men is no more an "adult show" than "Rocket Power."

Blog Entries

bahahah

Blog Entries

The direction this thread has taken is now a little thing I love about Family Guy
    How to remaster

Blog Entries

Best thing the show has produced in years

That's because there is nothing that could take its place in anything but ratings. If FOX was looking for something that was just going to be ratings dynamite they could find that easily. There's something else about Family Guy that they are keeping it for in addition to its popularity. Well they did cancel King of The Hill and The Cleveland Show so if they were to really be in need of animated programs they could easily resurrect those 2. Most things aren't as popular as they used to be. The Ted film series is even more of a niche than Family Guy, sure it has its moments, but it feels like they just put Quagmire's popularity in a talking bear, that was never going to be an extremely popular choice. I think Family Guy can definitely still go head to head with The Simpsons. That being said The Simpsons would probably still edge it out simply because The Simpsons has no easy to hate characters. Most people seem to overinflate their public circle. It might appear as if you know a lot of people, and perhaps you do, but the amount of people you know is nothing compared to ratings numbers. Family Guy changed the face of animation too. It's the first thing I can recall that got resurrected twice, I would even credit it for Futurama receiving the same treatment. Family Guy is the only, perhaps first, show to feature a talking animal in the traditional family setup of these types of shows. That DVD sales thing is pretty remarkable, I mean I don't think anything would be able to boast the same thing in regards to VHS, it was that that effectively ended the VHS-era for good. I think the demographic thing is only relevant in regards to Quagmire's character and certain other things about the show, but other than that it has been following a formula that has pretty much guaranteed it is successful.

The show deserved to have an ego. The problem was it took it for granted and never really strayed from the beaten path as much as it probably should have. I don't think the show has ever been outright bad, except for episodes that focus on Quagmire (the episode where Chris works for him as his sex secretary stands out). I think the problem is the show developed a justified ego and then just never did anything with it.
    There is. Family Guy demolished The Simpsons in popularity in 2008-2011 and for a while was a bigger success. The reason why they keep Family Guy around is that it's still a recognizable brand and it was successful at one point. King of the Hill and The Cleveland Show were never the monster hits that The Simpsons and Family Guy were, though King of the Hill has become popular since it was cancelled. Exactly, but there are shows that aren't even popular at all anymore like Family Guy. Ted's novelty was that it was Seth MacFarlane's first movie, which is why it was successful but after Ted, people got tired of Family Guy and Seth MacFarlane's brand of humor so his other movies flopped and Family Guy dipped in ratings. The Simpsons, while not as big as used to be, is still really well loved, quoted and talked about and just as iconic as it was in the 90s, where Family Guy has died out all but in the fact it's still running. I already said that's the only area where the show was groundbreaking and one of the reasons why it was as popular as it was, next to the style of humor it started to have post revival being popular at the time, but the show itself hasn't really changed the game or done anything different than it's brethren has. And even that novelty has died out because we live in a climate where everything is getting revived. Johnny Bravo got revived twice before Family Guy. While yes, it was the first animated show to feature a talking animal within a family, it hasn't really done anything new for animation in the way that South Park or The Simpsons has. Family Guy's formula was a huge factor into the show's decline of popularity, because it became too reliant on it and hasn't done anything to spruce it up. It worked in the 2000s, but this is the 2010s and we've had 13 years of it. No, it didn't. The reason people liked Family Guy was because of how good the characters and the writing were. When it started to have an ego by doing those live action scenes and showing CGI angles, that's when people like me started to tire of it because it got too big for it's britches. That cost the show it's popularity status and place in pop culture. Some shows hold up well and stand the test of time. Shows like Family Guy and Phineas and Ferb don't, because they are a product of the era they thrived in and come off as awkward and not aged well in 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    chill the fuck out
    Fuck off.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAlmightyTallest View Post
    Shows like Family Guy and Phineas and Ferb don't, because they are a product of the era they thrived in and come off as awkward and not aged well in 2018.
    This is the most inaccurate statement I have ever seen.
    Last edited by TheDuffBlimp; 07-27-2018 at 10:05 AM.

Blog Entries

telling an admin to fuck off seems like a smart idea

An admin who behaves like that doesn't deserve to be an admin and definitely doesn't deserve the respect one gets.

Blog Entries

all he did was tell you to cool it, which is a mod's job

Blog Entries

reported btw

No, he didn't. He did absolutely nothing of the sort, and I reported you in that first post I saw.

Blog Entries

Fuck off.
    Yeah dude you need to seriously calm down. Next outburst I’m handing out infractions.

Yeah dude you need to seriously calm down. Next outburst I’m handing out infractions.
    No. You need to calm down. You got exactly the response that your outburst warranted. Don't be a hypocrite.

Blog Entries

Infracted.

18. Thumbs Up To This Post by: pax

Infracted.
    I pity you.

Blog Entries

Hyped to see you gone
    Quote Originally Posted by Elliot76 View Post
    don't feel threatened by a dude who gargles mayonnaise

I'm not particularly fond of you either.

Blog Entries

oOOoOOo

Blog Entries

Dude do you really want to do this? Is it really worth me having to ban you because you can’t control your emotions? You’re the only one acting out right now. All I’m telling you to do is relax and chill out because you’re clearly having a moment. My job is to just mediate the situation on a dead board. If I have to put you in time out, I will.

Sigh

Blog Entries

Ryan do it bitch

Blog Entries

Just end him

Dude do you really want to do this? Is it really worth me having to ban you because you can’t control your emotions? You’re the only one acting out right now. All I’m telling you to do is relax and chill out because you’re clearly having a moment. My job is to just mediate the situation on a dead board. If I have to put you in time out, I will.

Sigh
    The problem here is that you are clearly being biased and that's not cool. You should respectfully bow out and stop making stuff up to hide it. There's no reason a moderator should be behaving this way.

LOOK AT YOUR FIRST POST. Look at it. I dare you to tell me that you think a moderator should be behaving that way.

You are the one here who can't control their emotions and is acting out.

Blog Entries

You know I’ll never understand why ppl think there’s some sort of proper conduct like I’m supposed to handle this like it’s an HR matter. I do this shit for free and you’re acting like a child so I’ll treat you like one.

Temp ban

Blog Entries

wuss

Blog Entries

perm or nothing

Blog Entries

That’d be awfully biased

Blog Entries

dum

Thread Information