View Poll Results: Was it ''Finger Lenting Good"? Puns are fun.

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5/5 Cinderella

3 25.00%
  • 4/5 Cinderella II: Dreams Come True

6 50.00%
  • 3/5 Cinderella III: A Twist in Time

2 16.67%
  • 2/5 Disney's Cinderella KIDS

1 8.33%
  • 1/5 Bosomrella or something clever. Booberella. Sure.

0 0%

Thread: Rate and Review American Dad: "Finger Lenting Good"

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Remember Me As I Was 1010011010's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Rate and Review American Dad: "Finger Lenting Good"

Original Airdate: January 6, 2013. Francine encourages the family to give up their various vices, but they all get drunk at Roger's Mardi Gras party and enter into a harrowing pact with Bullock. Meanwhile, a pastie is left in the attic, Cinderella-style, and Roger sets out to find the "perfect bosom" on which to place it. Review and Rate.
    Just because I'm stupider than them, they think they're smarter than me!
    Simpsons Season 27 Ratings:
    Every Man's Dream-4.8/10 Cue Detective-6/10 Puffless-7/10 Halloween of Horror-8.4/10 Treehouse of Horror XXVI-(4.5, 5, 3.5) 4.25/10 Friend With Benefit-5/10 Lisa With An 'S'-5.5/10 Paths of Glory--/10 Barthood--/10 The Girl Code--/10 Teenage Mutant Milk-Caused Hurdles--/10 Much Apu About Something--/10 Gal of Constant Sorrow--/10 Love Is in the N2-O2-Ar-CO2-Ne-He-CH4--/10 Lisa the Veterinarian--/10 The Marge-ian Chronicles--/10 The Burns Cage--/10 How Lisa Got Her Marge Back--/10 Fland Canyon--/10 Simprovised--/10 To Courier With Love--/10 Orange is the New Yellow--/10
    Futurama Season 7B Ratings:
    2-D Blacktop-7.5/10 Fry and Leela's Big Fling-7.9/10 T.: The Terrestrial-8.2/10 Forty Percent Leadbelly-6.8/10 The Inhuman Torch-8.4/10 Saturday Morning Fun Pit-(9, 7, 8.5) 8.2/10 Calculon 2.0-8.7/10 Assie Come Home-8.5/10 Leela and the Genestalk-7.2/10 Game of Tones-9.2/10 Murder on The Planet Express-9/10 Stench and Stenchibility-8.5/10 Meanwhile-9.5/10
    Jumping the Shark since 1998...
    Alternate Ending Winner of NHC Survivor Season 1

Banned
    Blog Entries

I'm excited for this one.

The Roger cinderella pastie instead of shoe story sounds amazing!

I quite like the episode 4/5 although I must say a lot of the episode feel like they are acting out of character Bullock too crazy and Francine never seem smoking before (nor haley eat junk-food)

Very funny. I didn't expect three reference burns in one evening of Animation Domination.
    First, Family Guy's Space Cadet episode with the Bob's Burgers reference, joking about its raw design of characters.
    Second, same episode with the Breaking Bad reference.
    Third, this American Dad episode with a reference to the late Sam Kinison, referring to how good he was at yelling, although he unfortunately died in a car crash at age 38 when a 17-year-old drunk driver hit Sam's car, just five days after Sam's new happy marriage to his third wife.
    This episode gets a 4/5, the endings were damn funny.

Blog Entries

3.5/5 Rounded up to a 4 for the poll
    I have never seen Francine smoke, I never knew Haley had a junk food addiction and I didn't know Jeff huged so much.
    Besides that this episode was pretty good it probably wasnt the funniest episode this seasn but it had a interesting story and was funny enough.
    Also it was nice seeing Jeff as one of the family and te Rodger and Klaus subplot was meh.
    Last edited by Insomnia; 01-06-2013 at 10:02 PM.

Banned
    Blog Entries

It was mildly funny, but more than that it was just a great episode overall.
    All the characters were here, used well and in character.
    The A and B plots were both good and smartly sprang from the same story point of Rogers Mardi Gras party.
    And the resolution and overall concluding jokes were great

A 4/5.

Blog Entries

The second half was funny as hell. First half was okay, but not that joke or story oriented. 3.5/5.

Blog Entries

This episode really amazed me and has earned a spot in my all time favourites.

It was nice seeing Bullock in a prominent role again. I actually don't think he was too crazy even for him, it's just that maybe because the writers had Principal Lewis being the craziest bastard on the show that Bullock seemed more normal than he actually is by comparison (Which to be fair, he still is the more normal of the two, but he's still by no means sane either).

I was actually shocked by how fine I was with the impending finger chopping despite how I do think that AD overdoes the gore. Oh, and Roger's subplot was really fun to watch. Especially the ending. I enjoyed Klaus blowing that horn way more than I should have.

5/5

Oh, and a side note of one little thing that DID bug me. The bouncer that Roger was talking to in the strip club is the same bouncer from "G-String Circus" who, in that episode had a very light and high pitched voice (The reason, as he explained to Stan being that he was born with what are known as "Bashful Testicles"). In this episode his voice was deep as all Hell...like the exact same as Jerome in Family Guy or Auntie Momma's real voice from The Cleveland Show (I'm aware that Kevin Michael Richardson voiced all of them, including the bouncer when his voice was higher).

I'll just go with the theory that his testes finally descended...REALLY...descended.

EDIT: I looked it up and the bouncer was different...well he was bald and had no facial hair, but hey, he could have let it grow out after his balls dropped Because the design is the EXACT same give or take the hair.
    I've thrown together a comparison pic so that you can judge for yourselves.
    How to remaster

Remember Me As I Was 1010011010's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Pretty good episode. I always really like the episodes that use the entire family in some crazy plot, and it had a lot of great moments and jokes with Bullock and the families fighting and quarreling to make each other crack. The Roger and Klaus plot started out funny and interesting, but didn't really care for the ending with the cow. And when has Hayley been into junk food or Francine smoking on a regular known basis.

Anyway, funny episode with some great plots and jokes. 4/5 for the poll.

Blog Entries

Hm. The beginning of this episode felt so sitcommy that it was weird. I agree about Hayley and Francine's addictions being a bit sudden, though Jeff was believable to me because they always exaggerate his annoyingness to suit, as with Steve. I think they just wanted to use Hayley's addiction as amusing background material. Weed probably explains the junk food, but if they'd used weed it would be repetitive and look like Francine had less grounds to complain. (Thinking way too hard into this.) Francine's was definitely there so the plot would work, being a basically unconscious reaction to the perceived loss, of course she would light up.

I don't have any complaints about this episode. It was a standard level of strange, predictable and random, and they managed to knit the two plots together better than usual. I don't remember really laughing at anything, but I did smile at Roger dancing with the cow - somehow after so many years of Seth shows, implied bestiality in a cartoon with exaggerated animals just slides past me into acceptable territory. In places it felt like the show was maybe a little tired, but for the age and stage of it this was a strong episode which I probably need to rewatch to appreciate properly.
    "Because you watched House, we think you'll enjoy... Fuller House."

Party time... excellent...

Blog Entries

For those wondering about Francine and Hayley's addictions, Hayley's a stoner so her junk food habit is most likely due to having the munchies. As for Francine, I'm pretty sure they've shown her smoking before. Very rarely, but still.

Banned
    Blog Entries

This episode rocked.

I also noticed the bouncer was almost the same as the high voice one.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaunbadia View Post
    Not quite. The bouncer in Finger Lenting Good has hair and a mustache. The one in G-String Circus didn't.

BTW, what are those grey things on the family's foreheads (when they came from church)?
    Last edited by musa; 01-08-2013 at 05:20 AM.

14. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Nicky

Blog Entries

RE: Fingerprinty things on heads-No Idea, I'm guessing it's a blessing or something.

Anyway, a solid episode for me all round and Patrick Stewart never disappoints.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Well on ash wednesday.. you get ash on you silly.
    Ash Wednesday marks the beginning of Lenten discipline for observant Christians. It is traditionally a time of fasting and prayer and getting marked with ash on your face.

http://www.umc.org/site/apps/nlnet/c...001&ct=3334423

I've never done Ash Wednesday and I don't think I've heard of it up until this point.

Blog Entries

Yeah, for us over here it's just the day after Pankcake Day, or Shrove Tuesday. Bet you can't guess what happens on that day.

Blog Entries

For people complaining about Hayley's junk food addiction. From the pilot:

In order to get around Francine's strict control of candies in the house, Roger strikes a deal with Hayley to do her homework in exchange for her smuggling sweets to him.
    She also introduced Roger to chocodiles in that ep and thought they were pretty good. So it's not like it's never been done before.

Quote Originally Posted by zachbigmac View Post
    @Swoony your just a poser and dont tell me
    your not cause i can read you like a fucking book.

Quote Originally Posted by Knifey_Spoony View Post
    For people complaining about Hayley's junk food addiction. From the pilot:

She also introduced Roger to chocodiles in that ep and thought they were pretty good. So it's not like it's never been done before.
    That's the pilot seven years ago

Blog Entries

Continuity.

Blog Entries

I bet the writers decided to rewatch every episode for a decent Hayley vice and stopped at episode one because it was easier.

No, really, like me and Shaunbadia said, it's the stoner thing. I've never really done Ash Wednesday since little school, which is funny 'cause six year olds don't have real vices. We barely remember Pancake Day either.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by musa View Post
    Not quite. The bouncer in Finger Lenting Good has hair and a mustache. The one in G-String Circus didn't.
    I still stand by my theory on them being the same person.

Oh and Ash Wednesday for me (and most of the people I knew back in school and at college now) you get the ashes on your head that more or less look like the cross, and after a while, you wipe them off because it looks fucking retarded...seriously, half the reason people I know do it is to keep up appearances and then they just go wipe em off (Not that people even bother to wait now, they just seem to get it done and then leave, wash it off and get on with the day).

Quote Originally Posted by MuchAdoAboutNothing View Post
    Well on ash wednesday.. you get ash on you silly.
    Ash Wednesday marks the beginning of Lenten discipline for observant Christians. It is traditionally a time of fasting and prayer and getting marked with ash on your face.

http://www.umc.org/site/apps/nlnet/c...001&ct=3334423
    Never heard of that.

*RIP Marcia Wallace* TriforceBun's Avatar

Ash Wednesday is a common Christian tradition that occurs after Fat Tuesday (Mardis Gras) and 40 days before Easter. It marks the beginning of Lent, the 40 days when Jesus wandered the desert being tempted by Satan.

Haven't seen the ep yet (I always have to wait to catch them on Hulu), but I thought I'd bring everyone up to speed.
    My Nintendo webcomic,

Banned
    Blog Entries

Well.. nevertheless.. this ep. was good.

Azarath metrion zinthos! Sweet_Potatoes's Avatar

I LOVED this episode....but I've loved every episode so far this season. In my opinion, this season is turning out to be the best one yet.

I agree with the others about Francine's and Hayley's vices, but they've been done before so I wasn't completely surprised. I liked how the entire family was given a prominent role, instead of certain ones (like Klaus) being ignored. I think the Smiths are funniest when they're all together, the wide array of personalities is priceless. One of the funniest parts to me was Jeff was trying to make Stan yell by starting off with "Obama has done wonderful things for this country..." And Francine flipping everyone off was funny too.

The sideplot was good too, but my favorite part of all was one of the stepdaughters saying "We're just gonna let that guy and his fish take our cow?"

Milhouse once mentioned a city very close to mine.
    Blog Entries

The A-plot was actually kind of interesting. I like episodes where the characters are put through a challenge or trial and must try to overcome their own selves. Lent is a thing that a lot of Americans struggle with or may not even try, and self-perseverance is a skill that a lot of these characters could really, really use. And Roger, uh, wanted to find the bosom of his dreams, and, um, he found a cow. Great A-plot, though.

Blog Entries

Loved the B-Plot. Typical Roger and Klaus zaniness.

Azarath metrion zinthos! Sweet_Potatoes's Avatar

I think this episode would be really cool to see on Family Guy. The Griffins could learn some lessons in self-confidence and trying to succeed, IMHO.

Blog Entries

lol

Thread Information