3 18.75%
  • 2/5 Jessica Lovejoy

0 0%
  • 1/5 Mary Spuckler

0 0%
    Remember Me As I Was 1010011010's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Rate and Review Bobs Burgers: “The Unbearable Like-Likeness of Gene”

Airdate: December 9, 2012. After Gene gets suckered into dating Courtney (guest voice David Wain), his first girlfriend ever, the entire family wants him to break up with her when they decide she’s totally annoying. But when Gene finally musters up the courage to end things, he falters after discovering that Courtney’s father (guest voice John Michael Higgins ) writes jingles and could possibly launch his music career. Rate and.. Review.
    Just because I'm stupider than them, they think they're smarter than me!
    Simpsons Season 27 Ratings:
    Every Man's Dream-4.8/10 Cue Detective-6/10 Puffless-7/10 Halloween of Horror-8.4/10 Treehouse of Horror XXVI-(4.5, 5, 3.5) 4.25/10 Friend With Benefit-5/10 Lisa With An 'S'-5.5/10 Paths of Glory--/10 Barthood--/10 The Girl Code--/10 Teenage Mutant Milk-Caused Hurdles--/10 Much Apu About Something--/10 Gal of Constant Sorrow--/10 Love Is in the N2-O2-Ar-CO2-Ne-He-CH4--/10 Lisa the Veterinarian--/10 The Marge-ian Chronicles--/10 The Burns Cage--/10 How Lisa Got Her Marge Back--/10 Fland Canyon--/10 Simprovised--/10 To Courier With Love--/10 Orange is the New Yellow--/10
    Futurama Season 7B Ratings:
    2-D Blacktop-7.5/10 Fry and Leela's Big Fling-7.9/10 T.: The Terrestrial-8.2/10 Forty Percent Leadbelly-6.8/10 The Inhuman Torch-8.4/10 Saturday Morning Fun Pit-(9, 7, 8.5) 8.2/10 Calculon 2.0-8.7/10 Assie Come Home-8.5/10 Leela and the Genestalk-7.2/10 Game of Tones-9.2/10 Murder on The Planet Express-9/10 Stench and Stenchibility-8.5/10 Meanwhile-9.5/10
    Jumping the Shark since 1998...
    Alternate Ending Winner of NHC Survivor Season 1

vs. Radioactive Man Captain Squid's Avatar

Reminded me of the Home Movies episodes involving Fenton, so I loved it! 4/5
    UP AND ATOM!

Banned
    Blog Entries

I'll give it a 4.5 rounded up to a 5 for the polls.

It had some big laughs, and the ending was pretty funny too.

Hired Goon
    Blog Entries

I loved it. Courtney was a very well developed one time character and the ending was genuine suspense. For a second, I actually believed they were actually going for something that emotionally heavy. 5/5
    My Simpsons Season Rankings:
    6 > 7 > 3 > 5 > 8 > 4 > 2 > 1 > 9 > 15 > 13 > 14 > 10 > 16 > 12 > 11 > 22 > 21 > 17 > 25 > 24 > 18 > 26 > 20 > 19 > 23

Quote Originally Posted by handsome
    honestly the most burning question i had about you was if you had seen every disney movie so i'm glad that got out of the way first

5. Thumbs Up To This Post by: kes

I don't think they will do an emotionally heavy episode until the very last episode, but it's Bob's Burgers, it doesn't have to be emotional to be great. I liked this episode, a little more than last week's. 4.5/5, rounding it to 5.

Blog Entries

3.8/5
    Probably the weakest episode of the season but still a great episode.
    I thought the first half of the episode was ok but the second I felt pickd up especially once Linda started going crazy. David Wain was pretty good as Courtny, altough I couldnt stop thinking of The Warden from Superjail

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Squid View Post
    Reminded me of the Home Movies episodes involving Fenton, so I loved it! 4/5
    This was extremely Home Movies-esque, I loved it. You even got to hear a bit of Jason when Bob took some helium!

Once again we mark a difference between this new, fresh show and The Simpsons. Whereas Simpsons wants to focus on young Bart's insanely bizarre mature set of relationships that are taken strangely seriously, Bob's takes a different approach with Gene. They never push to the point where he has (forced) feelings for this girl but instead his motivations are driven by his character. Gene is too easily persuaded, or he's just too nice and socially inept, or he's secretly pursuing his dreams. Courtney was never given any three-dimensionality (she's just comically annoying), because this was mostly about Gene being stuck in an odd situation that happens in his age. HM had a ton of these plots that took kind to dating at that age, what comes to mind the most is the episode where Jason stalks a fifth grader. Once he finally asks her out after weeks of anguish, the thrill of it drops and he immediately steps back. That's what real kids do, not travel to NYC to find their one true love that they found out of multiple women in their life that has spanned only ten brief years.

Blog Entries

I thought it was a really sweet episode. It was nice that Courtney had some development as others had said because it gave her a personality instead of her being just unbearable.

Gene was just so cute here, awwwwww.

Tina on helium made me stop the video, I was laughing that much.

Mort's 'That's me!' was brilliantly timed.

The 'Gear Heaven' sequence was great, possibly even better than then 'Turktoro' sequence in the Thanksgiving special.

Linda's sub-plot was brilliant and I liked the fact that she failed. Good , obvious lesson there.

"3 Hours Later"

So yeah, 5/5

10. Thumbs Up To This Post by: kes, Swoony

Blog Entries

This one wasn't nearly as funny as the last two episodes, but it'll be hard for anything to beat thoes. It was okay.

12. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Swoony

Blog Entries

I resent those poll options, btw.

Not the best, but a great episode still.

15. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Swoony

Blog Entries

Yeah, good episode, quite a few really great moments. Yet it left me with a weirdly unsatisfied vibe. I thought the whole sequence with Courtney ending up in hospital and then pulling that prank on Gene was just a bit stupid and uninspired - the bedpan also, though seeing Gene put it on his head was funny. Maybe it was just the presentation, but I actually thought it could've been better, and I'm questioning the rewatch value of this one. I did like Courtney kicking the seat and saying "kick!" as well as the dynamic between the three siblings where Louise still thinks all this love stuff is icky. Linda's plot was good though, and actually pretty down to earth in terms of realism - I also liked that it resolved without any success, yet she found out that she's not bad looking for her age and should stop judging herself so strongly.
    "Because you watched House, we think you'll enjoy... Fuller House."

Party time... excellent...

Blog Entries

It wasn't my favourite of the season but it was ok. Gene is pretty funny for a few gags but I like how they're trying to develop him more. He's like a Bobby Hill who tries way to hard to be funny (which isn't necessarily a bad thing).

The B-plot needed more added to it. It was pretty bland for a pretty good payoff.

Also I loved Courtney's character. I swear I knew people at school exactly like here. Creepy. 3/5

Quote Originally Posted by zachbigmac View Post
    @Swoony your just a poser and dont tell me
    your not cause i can read you like a fucking book.

18. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Startug

Blog Entries

Well, looks like the streak of 5/5 Bob's Burgers episodes has been broken for me...I really didn't care for this one. There were a few funny moments like Gene doing Tina's groan and Bob reaching out to Gene and saying "I'm so sorry". I also liked the "Gear Heaven" sequence, but Linda's poor sub-plot combined with a main plot that just got boring and predictable makes me sad to say "The Unbearable Like-Likeness of Gene"....2.5/5.
    How to remaster

Hired Goon
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Startug View Post
    I don't think they will do an emotionally heavy episode until the very last episode, but it's Bob's Burgers, it doesn't have to be emotional to be great. I liked this episode, a little more than last week's. 4.5/5, rounding it to 5.
    What I meant was that the ending was a great cop-out joke.

It showed her machine flat-lining and it made me wonder "Geez, are they really gonna have a little kid die? That's heavy." Then it turned out to be a joke and I thought that was a great way to say "screw the audience."

21. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Startug, Swoony

Banned
    Blog Entries

I'm glad Home Movies is back on T.V. again... wait, what?!?

I agree this one had that HM vibe all over it.

Oh man, Courtney is disgusting. I love how Gene is actually the sane one of the two in comparison. Some people find Gene to be an annoying character, but I'm glad we finally get to see an episode revolving around him. The kids are all great together, but you've gotta explore the individuals, too. Linda was a little over the top, eating Tina's hair and taking off her pants and chasing down the guy with food, though. And I also hate when anyone talks under the influence of helium. Reminds me of Alvin and the Chipmunks, which is shit. Good parts:

"Gene! She's so annoying. You have to break up with her. Get back in the car, we can drive away."
    ...and YES I'm including starving children, so don't ask!"
    "Why do you have all this? Are you Moby?!"
    Everyone breaking out into screaming when they're trying to practice Gene's breakup
    "Why don't you try speaking in words instead of your DAMN, DIRTY LIES?"
    "Put my necklace in my mouth."

What do you think they put in the Bug Juice?
    Bugs?
    No they don't. Come on...shut up.

24. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Startug

Thread Information