View Poll Results: Are You and This Episode, Friends?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5/5 Best Friends Forever

2 11.76%
  • 4/5 Friendship is Magic

9 52.94%
  • 3/5 My Close Companion

5 29.41%
  • 2/5 Do I Know You?

0 0%
  • 1/5 Glad I'll Never See That Asshole Again.

1 5.88%

Thread: Rate and Review American Dad:''Why Can't We Be Friends?''

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Remember Me As I Was 1010011010's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Rate and Review American Dad:''Why Can't We Be Friends?''

Airdate: December 2, 2012. Stan decides that Snot is not cool enough to be Steve's friend, so he attempts to separate them by staging a shooting at an ice cream parlor, of which Snot is the only witness and is then placed in the CIA Witness Protection program. Meanwhile, Roger hires Jeff to clean his attic for extra cash, but keeps robbing him every time he goes back downstairs. Rate and Review.
    Just because I'm stupider than them, they think they're smarter than me!
    Simpsons Season 27 Ratings:
    Every Man's Dream-4.8/10 Cue Detective-6/10 Puffless-7/10 Halloween of Horror-8.4/10 Treehouse of Horror XXVI-(4.5, 5, 3.5) 4.25/10 Friend With Benefit-5/10 Lisa With An 'S'-5.5/10 Paths of Glory--/10 Barthood--/10 The Girl Code--/10 Teenage Mutant Milk-Caused Hurdles--/10 Much Apu About Something--/10 Gal of Constant Sorrow--/10 Love Is in the N2-O2-Ar-CO2-Ne-He-CH4--/10 Lisa the Veterinarian--/10 The Marge-ian Chronicles--/10 The Burns Cage--/10 How Lisa Got Her Marge Back--/10 Fland Canyon--/10 Simprovised--/10 To Courier With Love--/10 Orange is the New Yellow--/10
    Futurama Season 7B Ratings:
    2-D Blacktop-7.5/10 Fry and Leela's Big Fling-7.9/10 T.: The Terrestrial-8.2/10 Forty Percent Leadbelly-6.8/10 The Inhuman Torch-8.4/10 Saturday Morning Fun Pit-(9, 7, 8.5) 8.2/10 Calculon 2.0-8.7/10 Assie Come Home-8.5/10 Leela and the Genestalk-7.2/10 Game of Tones-9.2/10 Murder on The Planet Express-9/10 Stench and Stenchibility-8.5/10 Meanwhile-9.5/10
    Jumping the Shark since 1998...
    Alternate Ending Winner of NHC Survivor Season 1

Blog Entries

Pretty good so far. That one scene in the dark was painfully long though. I'll rate once it's over.

Quote Originally Posted by zachbigmac View Post
    @Swoony your just a poser and dont tell me
    your not cause i can read you like a fucking book.

Blog Entries

Sorry for the double post but I wanted to update.

I was pleasenly suprised by this one. Without the last 10 minutes I would have given this a 3.5/5 but it shocked me and ended in a very unexpected way. I love the dynamic of them competing for Snot. It was done rathar well. And I loved how they added emotion into it (Snot being sad in the photobooth, missing Steve). The end was very sweet, with Steve and Snot playing air guitar together over that uplifting music and the camera angles were interesting. I love the "dedicated to all bffs out there" text at the end as well. A nice touch to a nice episode.

As for roger's plot. I dunno, it was quite funny (seeing Roger having to walk Jeff home, the rape jokes). I was just left unsatisfied by the sudden ending (getting shot multiple times and bleeding out? That's not very creative). They could have handled that better.

Overall a very good episode. 4/5 Let's hope next week keeps up to this quality.

4. Thumbs Up To This Post by: kes

Blog Entries

This one was pretty good! Lots of touching scenes in it, and the air guitar scenes were really well done, especially the ending. I don't think this was quite as funny as Bobs Burgers was tonight, but its still pretty great for a birthday episode. 4.5/5

6. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Swoony

Blog Entries

Not as funny as BB's tonight, i'll agree, but defintely more emotional. And to me that's just as good.

Banned
    Blog Entries

I loved how homo-erotic and funny this was!
    I also loved how the B-plot and the A-plot ended... both crazy and unexpected.

A 4/5.

9. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Swoony

Blog Entries

Yeah there was quite a bit of that (shirtless multiple times, the gay line, the kissing pic, the fact that they treated it like they were a couple).

The same thing happened with Steve and Roger during that one golf episode (steve and the whole "my fingers are sticky, who wants to lick them thing?", Roger going on dates with steve in his fake persona amd possibly raping him). Boy they sure love to pair Steve up with his closest male friends.

Does anyone know the music at the end, when they were playing air guitar together? thinking it was either Eric Johnson or Joe Satriani.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dewed View Post
    Does anyone know the music at the end, when they were playing air guitar together? thinking it was either Eric Johnson or Joe Satriani.
    It was Joe Satriani, 'Always with you, always with me'

Blog Entries

I'm gonna have to look that up now.

Blog Entries

4/5 maybe a 4.5/5
    Great episode best of the season so far

Blog Entries

I agree. That was easily the best of the season.

Banned
    Blog Entries

4/5 pretty good one. And yeah, the shirtless parts made me laugh. lol

Blog Entries

My only complain was that overly long scene in the dark.

I found the closest thing thing to the actual ending on yt:

Last edited by Swoony; 12-03-2012 at 07:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zartok-35 View Post
    It was Joe Satriani, 'Always with you, always with me'
    Thanks

I enjoyed this episode. The only one bit I did not like was the dark scene. Loved the song at the end.

The dark scene seemed to drag a bit, but I liked it. The ending was really good too. Had this episode been one of the final episodes of the series, I think it would fit great under the feel of an upcoming finale.

Blog Entries

The main plot was great...really sweet too...Roger and Jeff's plot....not so much. I mean, what the fuck was up with the hallway inexplicably turning into some sort of gritty back alley? I mean, the first time they showed it that way when Jeff was on the scooter was cool, but still...and I enjoyed Roger getting shot (I know, like many of you, that I feel violence on AD is overdone. But at least Roger deserved it...oh and I didn't really care for the rape attempts).

Luckily the poor sub-plot didn't get much screen time so I'll give this episode a solid 4.
    How to remaster

22. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Startug, Swoony

I actually like the fact the corridor become a gritty back alley as it get worst

Banned
    Blog Entries

It was for sure the best of the new season!

25. Thumbs Up To This Post by: musa

Nintendo Dance Party! ManiacalRoboKiller's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This episode was great but I can't help but feel that it came off as a bit lazy and cheap. Like the ending of them playing guitars and for 3-4 minutes with barely any jokes and the black room thing that went on for like 2 minutes like the animation budget got cut or something or spent all of it animating the air guitar parts...

Blog Entries

I liked the dark sequence. It really resonated with me, and when I used to have sleep overs with my firends. We'd try to sleep, but we'd just talk about silly things after turning off the lights.

28. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Startug

Quote Originally Posted by zartok-35 View Post
    I liked the dark sequence. It really resonated with me, and when I used to have sleep overs with my firends. We'd try to sleep, but we'd just talk about silly things after turning off the lights.
    Exactly what I had in mind too when I saw that.

Quote Originally Posted by 1010011010 View Post
    Airdate: December 2, 2012. Stan decides that Snot is not cool enough to be Steve's friend, so he attempts to separate them by staging a shooting at an ice cream parlor, of which Snot is the only witness and is then placed in the CIA Witness Protection program. Meanwhile, Roger hires Jeff to clean his attic for extra cash, but keeps robbing him every time he goes back downstairs. Rate and Review.
    That was the funniest episode I have seen all season. I was watching it at DISH Online while I was waiting for my plane to land Roger had me laughing so hard I thought the stewardess was going to tell me to quite down, lol. Stan’s staged mob murder had me rolling, but Roger’s repeat burglaries really had my sides hurting, as always. That is why I have a poster of him in my office at DISH.

31. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Swoony

Blog Entries

I really enjoyed this one. It probably helps that I'm big on Satriani and general 70s/80s cheese, so most of the music in this show doesn't annoy me where it probably does get to other people. The ending song usually makes me emotional, so I'll have to rate it as a good choice for the scene it was paired with. I liked the premise, and I liked that it wasn't just Stan/Steve as such, because Snot played a very large role in the episode and there was lots of stuff with him and Stan together (unusual pairing). The dark scene looked like it was going to go on too long, but I ended up loving it because it got progressively funnier. The clock seemed to change in near-enough real time, which was very self-aware i.m.o. I liked that a lot of the stuff between Stan and Snot very clearly had the potential to get weird, but really wasn't at all. (They're generally very good at not going too far between kids and adults and more than make up for it with older characters and Roger.)

Roger's plot was strange. For the most part I enjoyed it, especially that he did get his comeuppance even if that bit was unimaginative. Really, what else could have been put there? It would be just as random. I did find it a bit mean-spirited as it went on, and yes, dark, but almost surreal in that Jeff could even be led on in this way. As for Rog sniffing his fingers, way to put me off my doughnut! I did laugh though. The juxtaposition of a safe family hallway becoming the scene of multiple assaults has a lot of connotations I won't explore here, but I prefer it at arms length through a plot like this than when any of Seth's shows come out with "Domestic abuse is funny" in glaring red paint. The actual tone of the scene reminded me of previous times the family members have been out at night, so maybe what I'm saying is that the setting was coloured well to create that dodgy feel.

Side notes - I also wonder what Jeff's understanding of the situation with Rog is. I did at one point start thinking about the aging debate on why male suffering is considered so funny, but it wasn't a distraction past the one second where I pictured Francine or Hayley in the same plot. I think it only came up for me because as far as I remember Jeff hasn't done a lot to ask for it, where you can more willingly watch Stan or Roger end up purple. Also, was Francine even in this episode? And the one line where Hayley says how technically she was outraged first or whatever was unexpectedly funny for me because it showed how alien the brother/sister dynamic between them has become - Steve really has more of those kind of stories with Roger than he does with Hayley, so her saying something stereotypically sibling really jarred.

33. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Startug, Swoony

Hired Goon
    Blog Entries

Pretty good.

The only thing that brought this down was that scene where Stan and Snot talked to each other in a dark bedroom. 4/5
    My Simpsons Season Rankings:
    6 > 7 > 3 > 5 > 8 > 4 > 2 > 1 > 9 > 15 > 13 > 14 > 10 > 16 > 12 > 11 > 22 > 21 > 17 > 25 > 24 > 18 > 26 > 20 > 19 > 23

Quote Originally Posted by handsome
    honestly the most burning question i had about you was if you had seen every disney movie so i'm glad that got out of the way first

Blog Entries

good scene

Thread Information