Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 150 of 1031



Thread: General Movie Discussion



(Users Browsing this Thread: )

  1. #121


    Uh, Stallone got famous for Rocky not making porn. I don't think too many people know that he made porn movies.
    I'm just like Bart!
    I'm Bart, who are you? by The No Homers Club

    Quote Originally Posted by lionelhutz123 View Post
    I'm like the dexter of masturbation.

  2. #122
    Formerly known as E.A. Moz
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    8,479


    Who cares that he was in those movies! Like @The Thompsons said, he definitely made it big with movies like Rocky and Rambo.

  3. #123
    The Crime-Solving Boat Knightboat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,443


    You're right, the fact that he's an ex-porn star is beside the point. What I'm saying is I don't think he can act, I think films like Rocky and Rambo have boring storylines, and I disagree with admiring someone simply for his/her pituitary abnormality.
    Simpsons Tapped Out ID: Knightboat89

  4. #124
    Formerly known as E.A. Moz
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    8,479


    That's the early years of movies for you, fella!

  5. #125


    Quote Originally Posted by Knightboat View Post
    You're right, the fact that he's an ex-porn star is beside the point. What I'm saying is I don't think he can act, I think films like Rocky and Rambo have boring storylines, and I disagree with admiring someone simply for his/her pituitary abnormality.
    I beg to differ on his acting abilities, especially in First Blood. Plus he wasn't exactly a porn star, he was in one "baby blue" B movie that is not exactly porn star material. I admire him because he came from nothing and became a big star with a long shot movie that he just mentioned in passing to producers Robert Chartoff and Irwin Winkler. That is what made Rocky more authentic than other inspirational movies.
    Last edited by The Thompsons; 02-02-2013 at 05:42 PM.

  6. #126
    The Crime-Solving Boat Knightboat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,443


    Oh, really? Okay, I take it back. I thought he was in more than one.

    EDIT: Perhaps I should give them another go, because it's been many years since I last saw them. I'm always willing to give things more chances.

  7. #127
    a whiz with cold drinks Frightened Inmate No. 2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    where immobile steel rims crack
    Posts
    8,629
    Blog Entries
    9


    You don't watch a Stallone or a Schwarzenneger movie for their acting. You watch them because they're fun movies, and to see them kick ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Sandford II View Post
    While not humorous, would be cool if someone actually put this in their sig.


  8. #128
    The Crime-Solving Boat Knightboat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,443


    Quote Originally Posted by Frightened Inmate No. 2 View Post
    You don't watch a Stallone or a Schwarzenneger movie for their acting. You watch them because they're fun movies, and to see them kick ass.
    You see, that's were I find the problem: I don't watch movies to see people 'kick ass.'

  9. #129
    Formerly known as E.A. Moz
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    8,479


    What in the hell do you look for in an action movie then?

  10. #130
    The Crime-Solving Boat Knightboat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,443


    Well, that's just the thing, I'm not a fan of action movies.

    EDIT: I look for story and performance. I mean, I even struggled watching the Kill Bill films and I'm a huge Tarantino fan.

    EDIT AGAIN: I haven't even seen Die Hard before. I still want to see it because I'll always give something a go.
    Last edited by Knightboat; 02-02-2013 at 05:24 PM.

  11. #131


    So that explains it, well Die Hard is a good place to start. Best action movie of all time IMO.

  12. #132
    a whiz with cold drinks Frightened Inmate No. 2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    where immobile steel rims crack
    Posts
    8,629
    Blog Entries
    9


    Quote Originally Posted by Knightboat View Post
    You see, that's were I find the problem: I don't watch movies to see people 'kick ass.'
    I don't love their movies, but the reason people watch them and enjoy them most of the time is because they're just fun. They aren't meant to be incredibly deep or thoughtful. You're just there to see how many people are killed. Granted, the movies don't seem as fun now because of how dated and corny they seem today, but they are usually entertaining, nonetheless.

  13. #133
    Administrator Sam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    34,296
    Blog Entries
    502


    Quote Originally Posted by Mozy View Post
    What in the hell do you look for in an action movie then?
    Now THIS is a terrible argument. Just because a movie has action in it doesn't mean it's exempt of a story.


  14. #134
    I'm a real user of women hutz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    11,892


    Quote Originally Posted by Knightboat View Post
    Well, that's just the thing, I'm not a fan of action movies.

    EDIT: I look for story and performance. I mean, I even struggled watching the Kill Bill films and I'm a huge Tarantino fan.

    EDIT AGAIN: I haven't even seen Die Hard before. I still want to see it because I'll always give something a go.
    Wow wow wow, you HAVEN'T seen Die Hard?
    You must rectify this immediately
    Great movie

    EDIT: For nostalgia's sake, I'm going to watch it right now, on the format I originally viewed it in: fullscreen VHS!

    EDIT: Fuckin' California!

    No fucking shit, Lady, do I sound like I'm ordering a pizza!?
    Last edited by hutz; 02-02-2013 at 09:38 PM.


  15. #135
    I'm a real user of women hutz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    11,892


    Who's driving this car, Stevie Wonder?


  16. #136
    Formerly known as E.A. Moz
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    8,479


    Quote Originally Posted by Lionel Hutz View Post
    Wow wow wow, you HAVEN'T seen Die Hard?
    You must rectify this immediately
    Great movie

    EDIT: For nostalgia's sake, I'm going to watch it right now, on the format I originally viewed it in: fullscreen VHS!

    EDIT: Fuckin' California!

    No fucking shit, Lady, do I sound like I'm ordering a pizza!?
    DIE HARD= ONE OF THE GREATEST MOVIES EVER!


  17. #137
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    standing atop the ruins of OSS' crushed dreams
    Posts
    9,011


    Die Hard is one of the greatest films ever.

    Anyone who hasn't seen it must see it.

    "Alas, your Takagi did not see it that way, so he won't be joining us for the rest of his life..."


  18. #138
    I'm a real user of women hutz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    11,892


    This is Special Agent Johnson ... no the other one

  19. #139


    Just like fuckin' Saigon!

    I was in junior high dickhead.


  20. #140
    I'm a real user of women hutz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    11,892


    You listen to me you little asshole-
    Asshole? I'm not the one who just got buttfucked on national TV, Dwayne


  21. #141
    Formerly known as E.A. Moz
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    8,479


    YIPPEEKAIYAY, MOTHER FUCKER!

    Hey, is anyone going to see A Good Day to Die Hard when it comes out in a few weeks?

  22. #142
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    standing atop the ruins of OSS' crushed dreams
    Posts
    9,011


    I am.

    I'm just lowering my expectations, considerably.

  23. #143


    You're nothing but a gutless turd.

    Oh wait wrong Paul Gleeson performance.

    I'm planning on seeing it, yes.

  24. #144
    I'm a real user of women hutz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    11,892


    I saw Die hard 4 in theaters, so there's a chance I might go out of my way to see it

  25. #145
    Formerly known as E.A. Moz
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    8,479


    I'm taking my lady to see it on Valentines Day!

  26. #146
    The Crime-Solving Boat Knightboat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,443


    I feel like admitting to not yet seeing Die Hard is like coming out of the closet.

  27. #147
    I'm a real user of women hutz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    11,892


    For a movie fan. Yes, yes it is

  28. #148
    a whiz with cold drinks Frightened Inmate No. 2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    where immobile steel rims crack
    Posts
    8,629
    Blog Entries
    9


    I have never seen the first few, but I saw Live Free, Die Hard a few years ago, and I enjoyed it.

  29. #149


    Well then, you're in for a treat. The first three are much better, I wasn't too big on the fourth one.

  30. #150
    I'm a real user of women hutz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    11,892


    Well, this time John Wayne does not walk off into the sunset with Grace Kelly
    That was Gary Cooper, asshole
    Enough jokes



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

User Tag List

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •