Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Survivor (Game Thread)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Blog Entries

The castaways arrive on NHC Isle, where deadly arachnids, snakes and trolls live in their natural habitat. These 16 people from across the globe will try to outlast, outplay and most importantly survive against each other and the natural hazards that this land possesses.

A man can be seen waiting on the island's shore. That man is Dobbie, the handsome host of the show. Suddenly, he spots a boat arriving. The boat was driven by @Oh, that's raspberry!

'Ha! Team A are arriving!' enthusiastically cheered the host.

Team A are composed of the following members: @Lionel Hutz, a man that claims to be a lawyer but really works in an office without the law credentials. @Bella Drape 'er, an unique member for the fact that she's a woman and British. @The Thompsons, some 30 year old man that thinks the 90s were a simplier time, @1010011010, who's a cyborg without a name, @Jesse Pinkman, an young store clerk that gives money to his sister every day, @irvine_11, the only ginger man on the show, @HMS pinafore, a mysterious figure that nobody knows about and @vriskatime, a forum veteran(ish) with a disfigured face.

And right behind Team A was the boat driven by @parklife. Team B have @Financial Panther, the youngest member on the show but probably the one that cares about grammar the most, @Knifey_Spoony, a Canadian woman, @zach, a man thought to be Mike Scully in disguise, @Blobulle, the only French-speaking participant on the show, @Frightened Inmate No. 2, an ex-convict who's easily startled by turtles, @Zombies Rise from the Sea, a mad scientist that loves a jolly elephant king, @Banjo, some posh Englishman and @iambobdole1, a mental patient who thinks he's the politician of the same name.

As the two tribes arrived on land and leave their boat, Dobbie is called upon by his two trusty drivers.

'Hey, um, we'll get paid right?' asked the fruit-man. Dobbie could only give him a nod of approval to his question. The two boaters thus started to leave the island.

'Welcome Survivors to the end of your lives! Whoever actually survives this game will go back home with one million dollars (not real money!)', said the confident host to his players.

The players were excited, anxious and prepared to play through this drueling game of wits and strategy. But the host interrupted their little crowd jabbering.

'You must remember that I asked you to pick your tribe names during the voyage, correct? So, Team A, what will be your tribe name?

Team A we're utterly lost. They didn't really pick anything serious to be called as but vriskatime stood up and said:

"Erm, Team Scourge?" said the desperate man in vein.

'Alright, so from now on, you'll be called the Scourge Tribe!' replied the jovial leader. 'And what about you, Team B?"

Zombies came out of the background, and said 'Unlike these bozzos, we did come up with a name! We have decided to be called the B-Sharps!'

Everyone was amazed by this decision. Nobody in their right mind would have thought that a bunch of men and women on a Simpsons messageboard would dare touch the alien concept of a Simpsons reference!

'I like it!', Dobbie started, 'You're thus the B-Sharps Tribe!' concluded the man.

'Alright, I'll show you to your respective campsites!'

As both tribes settled into their new habitat and planted their inexistent tribe flags, they received Treemail from their handsome host.

'So, looks like we have to meet up with Mr. Freakozoid somewhere on this island for our first challenge', declared irvine.

As both tribes arrived to the set of their demise, Mallace Dobbie arrived in a serious manner.

'Alright, so here's your first challenge Survivors...'

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pricey Madness!

Since I see that a lot of you are quite inexperienced in a game of this magnitude, I have decided to do an 'easy' challenge to start the game.

Basicially, each player will receive three items, be it a car, food, products, etc. They must identify what they think is the correct price of the said item. To make it challenging, you'll each receive different items from your teammates AND you'll be pitted againsta tribe member of the other team (you'll know who is it if you look at the receipt users on top of the PM) to calculate the points. Here's the rules of this challenge and how the points will be calculated:

Rules

You must send your answers via PM.
    You cannot re-do your answers after sending a first draft to me. This is to prevent cheating, and unnecessary confusion to your host.
    Speaking of cheating, please do not do it. I know it's tempting but it's a friendly game of Survivor on a Simpsons forum! Cheating = using the Internet. use teamwork and instinct please!
    Since it IS a team challenge, you CAN ask your teammates for help. However, I'd like them (the help posts) to be posted in your respective groups than in PM.

Points system:

3 points for getting the correct answer.
    2 points for getting close to the answer while going under the price
    1 point for getting close to the answer while going over the price (for this to happen, both players would need to go over the price, thus meaning that under will always triumph over over, you know, like TPIR!)

The winner of each match-up will give their team points. These points will be whatever points they won over their foe. For example, Dobbie beats @Jims 7-4. That means my team will get 3 points to their tally.

Tiebreaker:

In the freak accident of it being a draw, the tiebreaker will be whoever got the most points overall (as in, all of the points, just not the 'points tally' given by one member. In the example above, I'd give my team 7 points)

You'll see a new thread created for this challenge in your groups. I strongly recommend you visit your group whenever you appear online. I'm serious, this is crutial and I hope everyone will remember. if you think you'll forget, drop me a PM and I'll remind you during the days of the challenge.

You have 48 hours to complete this challenge. The deadline is: December 4th, 17:30 EST (in Europe, this is 22:30)

Oh, and in the case of @Bella Drape 'er, @Blobulle and @Banjo, then feel free to use your own domestic currency! As for the American members, be aware that I am Canadian, so if you are using US currency you HAVE to tell me so in your answer PM.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Alright, so you ready guys! Remember, whoever loses must send someone packin'. Go!', yelled the NHC member/host.

The two tribes returned to their campsites, anxiously waiting their glorious PMs that could lead them to victory, or defeat.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So yeah, there you go folks! A lame The Price is Right parody challenge. I promise that the next one will be more team-orientated when hopefully everyone will know the ropes of the game!

Good luck, Dobbie.
    Last edited by Dobbie; 12-02-2012 at 08:17 PM.

Blog Entries

Group help alerts:

Team A:
    Lionel Hutz needs help with one of his items. (Potential helpers right now: @irvine_11, @Jesse Pinkman, @The Thompsons, @vriskatime)
    101001010 needs help with one of his items. (Potential helpers right now: @Lionel Hutz,
    @HMS pinafore, @The Thompsons)
    @Bella Drape 'er needs help with one of her items. (Potential helpers: @The Thompsons, @vriskatime)

Team B:
    Frightened Inmate needs help with one of his items (Potential helpers right now: @iambobdole1, @Knifey_Spoony, @Zombies Rise from the Sea?)
    Last edited by Dobbie; 12-03-2012 at 03:33 PM.

Blog Entries

Last edited by Dobbie; 12-03-2012 at 07:41 PM.

Blog Entries

It's kinda my job to add fuel to the fire, so here's some potential motivation for some of you:

With 3/8 match-ups in, I can safely say that the Scourge Tribe are currently slighty edging it right now.

But the B-Sharps still have time to catch up!

[/Probst]

5. Thumbs Up To This Post by: pax

Blog Entries

Still waiting for: @Bella Drape 'er, @Blobulle, @Jesse Pinkman, @Frightened Inmate No. 2, @Lionel Hutz (Half time-ish alert!)

You have until tomorrow. Please check your groups for help if you need it! Also, if I get every match-up done tonight then I'll release the results tonight (make up for the lost day)
    Last edited by Dobbie; 12-03-2012 at 02:20 PM.

Blog Entries

This is less fun than I thought it'd be.

Quote Originally Posted by zachbigmac View Post
    @Swoony your just a poser and dont tell me
    your not cause i can read you like a fucking book.

Blog Entries

Well I'm not exactly gonna wait an year for you to respond either...

Blog Entries

Don't have to be a dick about it.

Blog Entries

Pinpoint the moment I was being a dick

And if I am, well, it's kinda my jerb!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dobbie View Post
    Well I'm not exactly gonna wait an year for you to respond either...
    ^^^

Blog Entries

And if I am, well, it's kinda my jerb!
    ^^^

Blog Entries

Jeff Probst isn't a dick. You're thinking of Nancy Grace.

14. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Dobbie

Probst can be at times, he even participated in degrading a disliked tribe member at tribal council a few weeks ago.
    I'm just like Bart!
    I'm Bart, who are you? by The No Homers Club

Quote Originally Posted by lionelhutz123 View Post
    I'm like the dexter of masturbation.

Blog Entries

Le host does what he must do.

Zombies Rise from the Sea

Tick, tick, tick.

18. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Dobbie

Blog Entries

A bit worried right now but hopefully by tomorrow everyone would have answered.

Only one I'm worried about is @Jesse Pinkman. Never trust a store clerk!

Blog Entries

Well done people, only @Jesse Pinkman and @Blobulle left, and they face each other as well.

Could be the decisive match...

Blog Entries

@Lionel Hutz

22. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Startug

24. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Startug

Woah, drama!

26. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Startug

Quote Originally Posted by iambobdole1 View Post
    Woah, drama!
    she started it!

28. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Startug

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lionel Hutz View Post
    Touché

30. Thumbs Up To This Post by: hutz

Blog Entries

I'll try to respond tomorrow morning if I'm up/able to. I'm way more tired then I thought I would be after working 8 and a half hours

Kinda like Jesus Financial Panther's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Dude, we're WAITING ON YOU. HURRY UP.
    Favorite and least favorite by season
    1. Krusty Gets Busted There’s No Disgrace Like Home 2. Bart Gets an F Dead Putting Society 3. Homer at the Bat Like Father, Like Clown 4. Brother From the Same Planet Krusty Gets Kancelled 5. Cape Feare Lady Bouvier’s Lover 6. Homer Badman Another Simpsons Clip Show 7. King-Size Homer Lisa the Iconoclast 8. Homer’s Enemy El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer 9. Bart Carny The Trouble With Trillions 10. Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo Homer Simpson in: “Kidney Trouble” 11. Guess Who’s Coming to Criticize Dinner? Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder 12. HOMЯ Tennis the Menace 13. Tales From the Public Domain She of Little Faith 14. The Dad Who Knew Too Little Helter Shelter 15. I, Annoyed Grunt)-bot Bart-Mangled Banner 16. A Star is Torn On a Clear Day I Can’t See My Sister 17. My Fair Laddy Bonfire of the Manatees 18. The Haw-Hawed Couple You Kent Always Say What You Want 19. Funeral for a Fiend All About Lisa 20. Gone Maggie Gone The Good, the Sad and the Drugly 21. The Bob Next Door The Color Yellow 22. Donnie Fatso Love is a Many Strangled Thing 23. The Falcon and the D’ohman A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again 24. Hardly Kirk-ing Moonshine River 25. The War of Art What to Expect When Bart’s Expecting 26. Sky Police Let’s Go Fly a Coot 27. Halloween of Horror Lisa With an ‘S’ 28. There Will Be Buds Moho House 29. Springfield Splendor Throw Grampa From the Dane

Blog Entries

Even if Jesse did do them now we would have to wait until tomorrow anyway. The chances of Blobulle being asleep right now are at 99.9%

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Financial Panther View Post
    oh hush

35. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Swoony

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Financial Panther View Post

Blog Entries

Is it my duty to report on the challenge.

The laggers, Blobulle and Jesse Pinkman, are said to look like this right now:

Blobulle -

Jesse Pinkman -

So yeah, you're both fucked either way.

You're proving more entertaining than Jeff Probst could ever hope to be.

Blog Entries

Whoa shit, Jesse Pinkman has done the challenge!

Now to wait for Blobulle to wake up. Since I am staying very late tonight, there is a chance that the challenge results will be posted when everyone wakes up!

Thread Information