View Poll Results: How would you rate this episode?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5/5 The goo

0 0%
  • 4/5 Flash flood acres

2 13.33%
  • 3/5 Puerto Rico

7 46.67%
  • 2/5 Going to a nude beach with your parents

3 20.00%
  • 1/5 My sex life

3 20.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: R&R American Dad! "Killer Vacation" (10/7)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Blog Entries

R&R American Dad! "Killer Vacation" (10/7)

Stan and Francine go on a vacation to spice up their marriage, but work gets in the way. Steve meets a boy who tells him of a secret nude beach. Hayley and Jeff try different things to spice up their marriage. Roger meets an older man and falls for him.

Overall, this just tanked and wasn't very good. Only laugh I got was the "CIA Bucks" and it's already been similarly done in this show. I didn't like it. 1/5.
    Last edited by Sam; 10-07-2012 at 06:13 PM.

4/5 the only part I really didn't like was Steve plot that was just horrible

Blog Entries

Most of the jokes were decient. that wasn't the problem with this ep. the problem was the plot (or shall I say "plots?"). It was just a damn mess. Way to many things going on at once. What was there...four friggin plots? yes. FOUR (Hayley and Jef, Stan and Francine, Steve and the Brit guy, Roger and the old man). I think that's a record goddamnit. and not just that, but nothing was resolved properly. Roger's plot ending left me confused, Steve saw his parents and sister naked, that's it?? And WHAT THE FUCK the random guy at the beginning of the episode shots down the murder...what a cop out. And just for a stupid joke.

Also what was with Steve saying that he'll hang out with Roger at the beginning? That never happened and Roger didn't even say no or anything. I was half expecting their plots to bleed in together and both comment on how they were both screwed over by a couple douches or something. IMO that would have been far more entertaining than this pile of garbage. Still better than FG tonight but wow. I was expecting a lot more from this.

One of the worst episode i've seen of the series. 2.5/5 rounded down to a 2.
    Last edited by Swoony; 10-08-2012 at 12:29 AM. Reason: Typos

Quote Originally Posted by zachbigmac View Post
    @Swoony your just a poser and dont tell me
    your not cause i can read you like a fucking book.

4. Thumbs Up To This Post by: zartok-35

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Takes_Life_Soony View Post
    And WHAT THE FUCK the random guy at the beginning of the episode shots down the murder...what a cop out.
    That guy...

Blog Entries

That was just effin stupid.

Also that cutaway to the talk show reminded me of Family Guy. The joke was decient in itself but it was completely random. I never want American Dad to remind me of Family Guy. It's supossed to be different goddamnit.

Blog Entries

Yes, I thought that too. When was the last time this show had a cutaway like that?

What's worse is that I'm trying to get my dad to like this show, and he watched this. Not the best choice for a first watch...

8. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Swoony

Blog Entries

This show is reminding me more of Family Guy as the years go on and it frightens me.

You should have showed him Hot Water or Wheels and the Legman and the Case of Grandpa's key if you're looking for a quality newer episode.

Blog Entries

I just hope he'll give it a second chance.

Oh, and I cringed at Jeff having sex with that dude... seriously... what the hell.

Blog Entries

I also cringed at that one guy attempting to sing...that wasn't funny at all, just annoying.

Well in two weeks (the shows aren't on next week) we get the boyband episode so we have that to look forward to. I have a feeling that episode is gonna be a winner..or hoping. *crosses fingers*

Blog Entries

I'll give this a generous 3/5. Steve's adventure was amusing, and Francine was in rare form. Roger's subplot wasn't very interesting.

13. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Swoony

I like watching this show alone, but for some reason it's just awkward to watch in group settings. Jokes fall flat and the edgy lines tend to leave everyone in silence. It had some funny parts, but essentially it sucked.

2/5

What do you think they put in the Bug Juice?
    Bugs?
    No they don't. Come on...shut up.

Banned
    Blog Entries

I'll give this a 7 out of 10.. just to be nice.

Not too much to like in this episode, but it had some laughs.

The biggest issue was that the A,B,C, abd D plots were all banal and have been done before differently to better affect.
    Last edited by The Angry Animated Comedy Nerd; 10-08-2012 at 11:46 AM.

Blog Entries

I think that's a record goddamnit.
    It's supossed to be different goddamnit.

"Goddamnit....it's my turn to say Goddamnit..."

Quote Originally Posted by Gruesome Boo Bitterful View Post
    Oh, and I cringed at Jeff having sex with that dude... seriously... what the hell.
    He also got fucked up the ass multiple times by guys in "There will be bad blood".

Anyway, I liked Stan and Francine's story. It felt like classic AD to me. Roger's plot was shit. Steve's was fairly amusing and Hayley and Jeff's was just...well, I don't know what it was....I liked it.....it was at least able to keep my attention.

4/5 (One point deducted because Roger's plot sucked, luckily it didn't take away much)
    How to remaster

17. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Swoony

Blog Entries

I don't get why they brought Steve along just to ditch him. They should have left him at home with Klaus.

And what about Klaus anyway? I was half expecting at least a cameo of him in this episode.

Blog Entries

20. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Swoony

Blog Entries

Nice one Boo.
    Last edited by Swoony; 10-08-2012 at 12:20 PM.

Blog Entries

Why has the same video been posted twice?

Banned
    Blog Entries

I hope A.D! returns to proper form soon.
    Last edited by The Angry Animated Comedy Nerd; 10-08-2012 at 02:34 PM.

Blog Entries

Sorry guys. Boo's video wasn't working for me so I thought i'd help him out and post it again. Stupid mistake.

I just edited the duplicate video out of my post.

Banned
    Blog Entries

While I don't hate this episode.. there was just not that much to love.

Is A.D! now out of ideas???

I laughed so much at that bit with the suicidal lemur. Apart from that, the episode was terrible and failed to really maintain my interest.
    I really did not care for Steve's little subplot because watching him experience pain because of someone's accent just isn't that entertaining, unfortunately. Neither was the subplot with Jeff and Hayley where it all seemed to lead up to the gay sex joke. Honestly, there's little in this episode apart from that lemur and Bullock's lecherous cursor.

American Dad used to be the highlight of the animation on FOX for me but at this point I'd rather watch the Cleveland Show. It had a few great seasons and I can't ask for any more.

Blog Entries

The Lemur bit was gold, other than that the episode was fairly poor. I don't usually say that about A.D either.

I found this episode to be rather exciting. You see here this year has been dull for me, and that's what I needed so very much.

Goes hard in the paint ParadoxLantern's Avatar

I liked the Stan and Francine plot. The Steve sub plot was also enjoyable. But the Hayley and Jeff subplot was a bore and Rogers was just a waste of time. We could of had more to the main plot. I still enjoyed though. 4/5.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Knifey_Spoony View Post
    Most of the jokes were decient. that wasn't the problem with this ep. the problem was the plot (or shall I say "plots?"). It was just a damn mess. Way to many things going on at once. What was there...four friggin plots? yes. FOUR (Hayley and Jef, Stan and Francine, Steve and the Brit guy, Roger and the old man). I think that's a record goddamnit. and not just that, but nothing was resolved properly. Roger's plot ending left me confused, Steve saw his parents and sister naked, that's it?? And WHAT THE FUCK the random guy at the beginning of the episode shots down the murder...what a cop out. And just for a stupid joke.

Also what was with Steve saying that he'll hang out with Roger at the beginning? That never happened and Roger didn't even say no or anything. I was half expecting their plots to bleed in together and both comment on how they were both screwed over by a couple douches or something. IMO that would have been far more entertaining than this pile of garbage. Still better than FG tonight but wow. I was expecting a lot more from this.

One of the worst episode i've seen of the series. 2.5/5 rounded down to a 2.
    Watched the rerun of this episode as it aired again on fox tonight. I still stand by my point. Hell, I may even dislike it a bit more the second time around.

Curiouser and curiouser MindQuad's Avatar

I watched a few minutes of it, but I've already seen it a couple times. First time I liked it, second time I liked it less, and this time I liked the bits I saw a little more than before. Stan/Francine plot is the best part of the episode by far, with some good jokes and character interaction. Jeff/Hayley plot was probably my second favorite, cause there were some good lines, and I'm glad they actually got a story. Roger and Steve's plots were pretty worthless though, with only one or two funny bits.

I'd say 3/5 seems about right, but it's definitely a weak point of the season next to Baby Franny. Plus one my favorite early episodes "Finances With Wolves" juggled 5 plots so masterfully...this had only 4 but it paled in comparison.

Blog Entries

I definitely still stand by my 1/5. One of tha worst.

Azarath metrion zinthos! Sweet_Potatoes's Avatar

I actually liked this episode. I do wish that Steve and Roger had done something together because Steve's plot quickly became predictable and Roger's was too weird even for my tastes. But I still thought it was good, with a lot of humor and interest. Also @ManiacalRoboKiller, to clarify one of your review questions: Steve planned to hang out with Roger at first, but when he saw that Roger wanted to roleplay as an old woman he figured they wouldn't be hanging out. Roger never gave a straight answer because he was too busy wrapped up in his persona, I guess. I like your idea of their plots merging at the end and making that comment, though.

Nintendo Dance Party! ManiacalRoboKiller's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I didn't ask that question you confused me with whoever had my avatar at the time. @Sunny_Skies
    Quote Originally Posted by Bart Flimpson's Dracula View Post
    Like Seth MacFarlane's addiction to creating terrible new shows, Matt Groening has a problem with concluding a show. He needs therapy.

Azarath metrion zinthos! Sweet_Potatoes's Avatar

^Oh, sorry. This avatar thing is already annoying. (Not trying to be rude to whoever decided it should be an April Fool's joke.)

Thread Information