Page 6 of 57 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656 ... LastLast

Thread: Very unpopular opinions.

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Blog Entries

Marge should go back to calling Bart her special little guy. I always found it sweet and cute

a whiz with cold drinks Frightened Inmate No. 2's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cash Kerouac View Post
    Oh right, we're supposed to be talking about unpopular opinions!

The show should go on indefinitely at this point. I mean, what possible harm to the show's legacy could there be from season 30 versus season 20? They still stumble onto some pretty enjoyable episodes a few times a season. Plus however much the show is a pale version of its former self, I'll still be pretty bummed when The Simpsons is no more.
    You have described exactly how I feel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Sandford II View Post
    While not humorous, would be cool if someone actually put this in their sig.

They should bring back Bart's lucky red cap!

Blog Entries

Didn't he wear it for 1/3 of the last episode that aired? GOT YA THERE. I'M SO SNARKY.

"22 Short Films About Springfield" is one of the least funny classic episodes
    "Saddlesore Galactica" and "Lisa Goes Gaga" are still overrated

Blog Entries

^Yeah I also believe that 22 Short Films is overrated.

Bring on the men Financial Panther's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm not sure how Saddlesore Galactica can be OVERrated. I find it to be UNDERrated, definitely.
    Favorite and least favorite by season
    1. Krusty Gets Busted There’s No Disgrace Like Home 2. Bart Gets an F Dead Putting Society 3. Homer at the Bat Like Father, Like Clown 4. Brother From the Same Planet Krusty Gets Kancelled 5. Cape Feare Lady Bouvier’s Lover 6. Homer Badman Another Simpsons Clip Show 7. King-Size Homer Lisa the Iconoclast 8. Homer’s Enemy El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer 9. Bart Carny The Trouble With Trillions 10. Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo Homer Simpson in: “Kidney Trouble” 11. Guess Who’s Coming to Criticize Dinner? Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder 12. HOMЯ Tennis the Menace 13. Tales From the Public Domain She of Little Faith 14. The Dad Who Knew Too Little Helter Shelter 15. I, Annoyed Grunt)-bot Bart-Mangled Banner 16. A Star is Torn On a Clear Day I Can’t See My Sister 17. My Fair Laddy Bonfire of the Manatees 18. The Haw-Hawed Couple You Kent Always Say What You Want 19. Funeral for a Fiend All About Lisa 20. Gone Maggie Gone The Good, the Sad and the Drugly 21. The Bob Next Door The Color Yellow 22. Donnie Fatso Love is a Many Strangled Thing 23. The Falcon and the D’ohman A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again 24. Hardly Kirk-ing Moonshine River 25. The War of Art What to Expect When Bart’s Expecting 26. Sky Police Let’s Go Fly a Coot 27. Halloween of Horror Lisa With an ‘S’ 28. There Will Be Buds Moho House 29. Springfield Splendor Throw Grampa From the Dane

Blog Entries

Last Exit to Springfield is really forgettable (it's a good episode, but I can barely remember this episode and I watch 2 days ago!)

Quote Originally Posted by Dienancial Cancer View Post
    I'm not sure how Saddlesore Galactica can be OVERrated. I find it to be UNDERrated, definitely.
    Exactly.

ooooooooooooooooooh leprechaun_dan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

> I feel Last Exit to Springfield is slightly overrated. Good episode, no doubt, but it's highly regarded as the best episode and I don't see why. To me, there's far better episodes out there
    > This year's Treehouse of Horror was the best since THOH XV, only better and I thought the "threesome" joke wasn't too bad
    [SIZE=1] Check out my South Park episode ideas in my user notes (Note: It's the fifth and last note): http://www.nohomers.net/usernote.php...ewuser&u=41294

"I got blisters on me fingers!" ~ Ringo Starr (Helter Skelter)

Led Zeppelin IV > Houses of the Holy > Physical Graffiti > Led Zeppelin II > Led Zeppelin I > Led Zeppelin III > Presence > In Through the Out Door > Coda

Banned
    standing atop the ruins of OSS' crushed dreams

Krusty Gets Busted is the best Bob-caper

Release the hounds... Sinister Burns's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by leprechaun_dan View Post
    > I feel Last Exit to Springfield is slightly overrated. Good episode, no doubt, but it's highly regarded as the best episode and I don't see why. To me, there's far better episodes out there
    Such as.

ooooooooooooooooooh leprechaun_dan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister Burns View Post
    Such as.
    Well, if you insist...

Lemon of Troy, Who Shot Mr Burns - only part one, Bart Sells His Soul, Summer of 4 Ft 2, And Maggie Makes Three, Homer the Great, The Springfield Files, Flaming Moe's, Radio Bart, Homer versus the Eighteenth Amendment, Homer's Phobia, Homer's Enemy, The City of New York, Rosebud, Cape Feare, Lisa the Vegetarian, Lisa's Substitute, Bart of Darkness, Homer at the Bat, Boy Scoutz n the Hood, The Last Temptation of Homer, El Viaje Misterioso De Nuestro Jomer, Selma's Choice, Mr Plow, Marge vs the Monorail, Brother From the Same Planet, Marge Be Not Proud, 22 Short Films About Springfield, Treehouse of Horror V and IV and VI, Mother Simpson, My Sister My Sitter, Bart's Comet, Kamp Krusty, Brother Can You Spare Two Dimes?, Lisa the Simpson, You Only Move Twice, Bart on the Road, Itchy and Scratchy Land, Homer Badman, Bart the Murderer, Grade School Confidential, Das Bus, The Way We Was, The Cartridge Family, Marge on the Lam, Lisa the Iconoclast, Deep Space Homer, Duffless, Separate Vocations, A Star is Burns, Mountain of Madness, Homer Loves Flanders, Bart the Lover, Homer the Heretic, Simpson Tide, The Secret War of Lisa Simpson, Lisa's Pony, Home Sweet Homediddly-Dum-Doodily, The Boy Who Knew Too Much, Three Men and a Comic Book, Homie the Clown, Bart After Dark, Sideshow Bob's Last Gleaming, Sideshow Bob Roberts, King Size Homer, Black Widower, Lisa's First Word, Hurricane Neddy

But then again, that's just my very unpopular opinion, right?

I would say about six of those are better.

15. Thumbs Up To This Post by: zartok-35

Das Bus?!

Das Bus is NOT better than Last Exit To Springfield!

Blog Entries

Yes it is.

Blog Entries

I don't like Milhouse that much. I mean, he has his funny moments, but he's mostly annoying and not a very good friend. His dad is a better character than him.
    Last edited by Swoony; 10-11-2012 at 01:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zachbigmac View Post
    @Swoony your just a poser and dont tell me
    your not cause i can read you like a fucking book.

Them, Robot was a terrible episode, but it was definitely not the worst of the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaunbadia View Post
    it sucked fucking shit bananas.

20. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Swoony

Blog Entries

I don't like Eternal Moonshine for the Simpson Mind. It's very "out there" and a bit stupid. It thinks it's better than it actually is. Personally I find it highly overrated.

Such as.
    Rosebud
    Homer the Heretic
    Marge vs. The Monorail
    Bart Sells His Soul
    Bart The Daredevil
    Flaming Moes
    You Only Move Twice
    Cape Feare
    Itchy and Scratchy Movie
    Who Shot Mr. Burns (Part 2)
    Who Shot Mr. Burns (Part 1)
    Duffless
    Last Temptation of Homer
    Brother From The Same Planet
    Treehouse Of Horror V
    Summer of 4 ft. 2
    Lisa's Substitute
    Bart's Comet
    Homer at the Bat

23. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Lionheart

Blog Entries

Such as.
    About 80% of the classic era, and about 5% of the post-classic era.

Blog Entries

Even though these both are equally sad and terrible, Marge cheating on Homer would be worse then Homer cheating on Marge.

Blog Entries

Why would it be worse?

Blog Entries

Because to me, you'll never think Marge would go as far as to cheat on Homer. Sure, there was Life on The Fast Lane, but she chose Homer over Jacques. Marge seems like the type who'll never leave Homer.

And also, it'll just be more sadder. Homer also had the opportunities to cheat on Marge and he didn't (which is good) but was really close to cheating on Mindy and Lurleen. He had to really think about what he was doing

Blog Entries

Every episode that's considered "post-classic" (Eternal Moonshine, 24 Minutes, Gone Maggie Gone, Eeny Teeny Maya Moe, etc) are fucking horrible. I just don't get it.

I don't particularly care for "A Fish called Selma".

"Time and Punishment" is a better TOH segment than "The Shinning".

Blog Entries

Actually, that beat The Shinning in the THOH elimination tournament I ran.

Quote Originally Posted by leprechaun_dan View Post
    Well, if you insist...

Lemon of Troy, Who Shot Mr Burns - only part one, Bart Sells His Soul, Summer of 4 Ft 2, And Maggie Makes Three, Homer the Great, The Springfield Files, Flaming Moe's, Radio Bart, Homer versus the Eighteenth Amendment, Homer's Phobia, Homer's Enemy, The City of New York, Rosebud, Cape Feare, Lisa the Vegetarian, Lisa's Substitute, Bart of Darkness, Homer at the Bat, Boy Scoutz n the Hood, The Last Temptation of Homer, El Viaje Misterioso De Nuestro Jomer, Selma's Choice, Mr Plow, Marge vs the Monorail, Brother From the Same Planet, Marge Be Not Proud, 22 Short Films About Springfield, Treehouse of Horror V and IV and VI, Mother Simpson, My Sister My Sitter, Bart's Comet, Kamp Krusty, Brother Can You Spare Two Dimes?, Lisa the Simpson, You Only Move Twice, Bart on the Road, Itchy and Scratchy Land, Homer Badman, Bart the Murderer, Grade School Confidential, Das Bus, The Way We Was, The Cartridge Family, Marge on the Lam, Lisa the Iconoclast, Deep Space Homer, Duffless, Separate Vocations, A Star is Burns, Mountain of Madness, Homer Loves Flanders, Bart the Lover, Homer the Heretic, Simpson Tide, The Secret War of Lisa Simpson, Lisa's Pony, Home Sweet Homediddly-Dum-Doodily, The Boy Who Knew Too Much, Three Men and a Comic Book, Homie the Clown, Bart After Dark, Sideshow Bob's Last Gleaming, Sideshow Bob Roberts, King Size Homer, Black Widower, Lisa's First Word, Hurricane Neddy

But then again, that's just my very unpopular opinion, right?
    Wow...! I agree with at least 80% of those episodes you listed :P

don't quite cover all CousinMerl's Avatar

I think that Mirkin was partially responsible for the Jerkass Homer characterization of the Scully years (and maybe even further on in the Jean era).

Thread Information