Page 59 of 61 FirstFirst ... 949505152535455565758596061 LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,770 of 1802

Thread: Very unpopular opinions.

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Quote Originally Posted by Shaunbadia View Post
    I would have preferred Milhouse over Colin in the movie.
    I liked what they did with Colin. They showed that they actually had something in common and he actually had a realistic chance.
    Milhouse would have felt very forced since Lisa never had any intention before then of trying to make it work.

Milhouse x Lisa is a terrible ship. He's just whiny and creepy and I honestly think she can do better. I don't know why they're together in some of the future stories. They have no chemistry together and she literally prefers him as a zombie.
    Pokemon Moon Friend Code 5473-2104-2310
    Looking for shiny, legendary, and mythical. Got shiny Sandshrew (Alola)
    Have various starters, zorua, can breed many pokemon.
    Current egg move hatching: Tyrunt with fire fang

Hercules Rockefeller

Quote Originally Posted by GlitterCat View Post
    Milhouse x Lisa is a terrible ship. He's just whiny and creepy and I honestly think she can do better. I don't know why they're together in some of the future stories. They have no chemistry together and she literally prefers him as a zombie.
    I do support Lisa and Nelson, but both him and Milhouse are 2 years older than Lisa. I don't think Ralph is good for her though. She should just go single for her teenage years and get married to Nelson when they are old enough.
    Best and Worst Episode per Season:
    1: Krusty Gets Busted/Homer's Night Out 2: One Fish, Two Fish, Blowfish, Blue Fish/Bart's Dog Gets an 'F' 3: Bart the Murderer/Saturdays of Thunder 4: Homer the Heretic/So Its Come To This: A Simpsons Clip Show 5: Cape Feare/Lady Bouvier's Lover 6: Homie the Clown/Another Simpsons Clip Show 7: Raging Abe Simpson and his Grumbling Grandson in " The Curse of the Flying Hellfish"/Homerpalooza 8: The Springfield Files/The Old Man and the Lisa 9: The City of New York vs. Homer Simpson/Miracle on Evergreen Terrace 10: Mayored to the Mob/Homer Simpson in: Kidney Trouble 11: Grift of the Magi/Eight Misbehavin' 12: Trilogy of Error/I'm Goin' to Praiseland 13: The Blunder Years/The Lastest Gun in the West 14: Moe Baby Blues/The Strong Arms of the Ma 15: Fraudcast News/Co-Dependent's Day 16: The Heartbroke Kid/Homer and Ned's Hail Mary Pass 17: The Seemingly Never-Ending Story/The Bonfire of the Manatees 18: The Mook, The Chef, The Wife, and Her Homer/The Boys of Bummer 19: Eternal Moonshine of the Simpson Mind/Husbands and Knives 20: Gone Maggie Gone/Lisa the Drama Queen 21: The Squirt and the Whale/The Greatest Story Ever D'ohed 22: Homer Scissorhands/The Fight Before Christmas 23: The Book Job/Lisa Goes Gaga 24: The Saga of Carl/Love is a Many-Splintered Thing 25: Brick Like Me/What to Expect When Bart's Expecting 26: Sky Police/The Musk Who Fell to Earth 27: Barthood/Every Man's Dream 28: 22 for 30/The Caper Chase 29: Flanders' Ladder/Singin' in the Lane 30: Woo-hoo Dunnit?/I Want You (She's So Heavy)

I just honestly think the best ship for Lisa is just someone we don't see in the show. I do agree that Milhouse is an awful ship for all of the reasons GlitterCat lists.

Hercules Rockefeller

Quote Originally Posted by TheDuffBlimp View Post
    I just honestly think the best ship for Lisa is just someone we don't see in the show. I do agree that Milhouse is an awful ship for all of the reasons GlitterCat lists.
    I just want her to date someone her age, and only when she is older. Lisa is a relationship with someone her own age is like Brian Griffin in a relationship with someone his own species, which only happened once as I recall

Excellent comparison. It's such a good one I find it difficult to disagree with. I can't really explain why seeing Brian in a relationship with someone of his own species was more interesting, it does not really matter, but I would be lying if I didn't say that episode wasn't one of the better Brian relationship ones.

don't quite cover all CousinMerl's Avatar

Milhouse, Nelson and Ralph are all bad choices for Lisa. She'd be better off ending up with a more minor character else that hasn't been thought about a lot or someone completeley new to the series (maybe someone who's yet to be introduced).

Getting carried away on you Venomrabbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Preferably, not with anyone at all. The majority of folks that she's not too good for are too good for her really.

Honestly they really need to sort themselves out regarding Lisa. She's the lonely outcast who nobody likes or appreciates but also at the same time the open favourite of the Simpson Family or even "the only good kid" who's conventionally attractive, gets the attention of every prettyboy that everyone likes, wins awards by the boatload, celebrated as student of the millenium and is openly regarded as the only reason the school hasn't closed and only has to get one bad grade for everyone to suddenly like her.
    And yeah people handle minor characters a little differently to one another but in this case, it's two completely opposite extremes for arguably the second or even first most prominent character on the entire show.

Have Brain, Will Travel Wile E. the Brain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoskin View Post
    I usually don't watch Famiy Guy, but I was thinking that the strangling reminds me of how they treat Meg. Like strangling, it started from the beginning where they constantly treat her like shit. You're right in the idea that since they have brought up the issue of strangling the gag has lost appeal. The Family Guy episode Seahorse, Seashells and Party was one of the first times Meg actually told her family off and then at the end she backs off. The jokes still continue of the family treating her bad. Other than the insufferable Brian, this has always bothered me along with the occasional suicide joke.
    Hey, I forgot to answer this message, sorry. But basically that's a bit of the same thing yeah, though worse than the strangling gag. In the first seasons I didn't bothered it, I actually found this running gag pretty funny when it was just a quick joke that didn't go too far (the ending of Petergeist for example). So not only the show relied too much on this joke throughout the seasons and not only this running gag became even less subtle and meaner (I don't recall which episode it was but there's the one where Stewie got a little injured by a bullet that hitted Meg in the head and the family being way more concerned by Stewie than by Meg), but then there was the abysmal Seahorse Seashell Party that shamelessly wants us to buy she has to stay the punching bag of the family because otherwise, the family would falling apart. And that, after Meg went through a cathartic period where she said all that is wrong with her family. That's infuriating, and like you said, they called too much attention on this joke with this episode that it definitely killed it, once and for all.

10. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Shoskin

I love Season 10. Not as good as prior, but it has a lot of good episodes like "Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo", and "Bart the Mother"

Quote Originally Posted by Swoony View Post
    Don't get me wrong, it was good, but some say it's at the quality of classic Simpsons, and I highly disagree with that.
    Honestly, classic Simpsons is overrated. Obviously it was good, but when you start getting stuff like this where every episode after whatever some subjective person says is "classic Simpsons" gets immediately kicked down a peg for not being in that sphere is just terrible for discussion in my opinion.

Behind The Laughter is one of the, if not THE, worst episodes ever.

Hercules Rockefeller

I think Marge is characterized a lot better in Season 17-now even if the show got worse after then. Sure, there is stuff like Peeping Mom, but in the classic era, she was a much worse character. I basically think her character went through flanderization Benjamin Button-style.

Have Brain, Will Travel Wile E. the Brain's Avatar

Well I think it depends on the topic. When it comes to jealousy or anything about her couple with Homer (or love for that matter), I think it's actually worse than before. Like in Friends and Family where she's insufferable for nothing (and thinks she's in the right to be mad at Homer), or in Love is a Many Splintered Thing where she kicks her own son out of their house. But there's indeed some episode where she's characterized quite better.

In 'Friends And Family' she behaved the worst she's ever been so far to me; she acted like a petty child who was completely in the wrong and even snapped at the kids which was unforgiveable.

Regarding the opinion it's indeed a mixed topic; she's indeed mostly worse now with things like her psychotic episodes and looking down on Bart as either a dangerous sociopath, failure with no future and/or mentally challenged on occasion (even though she's pretty decent most of the time), but in the classic era she wasn't much better at her worst.

Hercules Rockefeller

Quote Originally Posted by CousinMerl View Post
    In 'Friends And Family' she behaved the worst she's ever been so far to me; she acted like a petty child who was completely in the wrong and even snapped at the kids which was unforgiveable. But regarding the opinion it's indeed a mixed topic; she's indeed mostly worse now with things like her psychotic episodes and looking down on Bart as either a dangerous sociopath or mentally challenged from time to time (even though she's pretty decent most of the time), but in the classic era she wasn't much better at her worst.
    I should have added that post-Season 16 Marge, while I consider it her best characterization, can be bad in some episodes in the post-Season 16 era, and during that era, when she is characterized bad, she is characterized REALLY bad, especially Friends and Family

Quote Originally Posted by Patches O'houlihan View Post
    People who actually think the 'best' (5/5) new episodes, who aren't grading on a curve, can hold a candle to the first 9 seasons.
    This is 100% possible and has actually happened multiple times.

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Samson View Post
    I should have added that post-Season 16 Marge, while I consider it her best characterization, can be bad in some episodes in the post-Season 16 era, and during that era, when she is characterized bad, she is characterized REALLY bad, especially Friends and Family
    Sometimes I feel that Marge was maybe, possibly best characterized during the early, non-HD Jean seasons (season 13 to 19).

I think they struck a good tone with it there with a good and fairly level-headed demeanor and relatively few objectional moments in comparison to the HD era and some of the classic seasons (and we also got some really good bonding moments with her and her family, such as between her and Bart, something which wasn't really too explored before that and has mostly been forgotten about in recent years).

This is 100% possible and has actually happened multiple times.
    Very true. I grade on a slight curve, because a good episode in seasons 1-12 to me isn't the same as a good episode in 21+. It's hard not to, because I grade only out of 5, so it's hard to rank episodes that are both good but show that one is obviously better than the other without making it seem like you didn't enjoy the other episode.

In 'Friends And Family' she behaved the worst she's ever been so far to me; she acted like a petty child who was completely in the wrong and even snapped at the kids which was unforgiveable.

Regarding the opinion it's indeed a mixed topic; she's indeed mostly worse now with things like her psychotic episodes and looking down on Bart as either a dangerous sociopath, failure with no future and/or mentally challenged on occasion (even though she's pretty decent most of the time), but in the classic era she wasn't much better at her worst.
    She was definitely "less" of a doormat and I agree with your assessment of her with Bart. She could mother him without mothering him. Bart is still young and mothers usually don't turn their backs on their 10 year olds. She knew how to get the best out of Bart. It makes me wonder, more now than then, like Bart, can they write for her.
    Do you kids wanna be like the real U.N., or do you just wanna squabble and waste time?

'Moe Goes From Rags To Riches' is an averagely okay episode to me. The main plot is really bizarre and stupid for sure, but there is some enjoyable bits, some decent humor, a nice enough subplot & a good guest star performance despite the ridiculousness of the role itself. Comparing it to other episodes singled out as some the worst of the series this feels like one of the least thoroughly bad.
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 07-29-2019 at 11:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Smarch Weather! View Post
    so it's hard to rank episodes that are both good but show that one is obviously better than the other without making it seem like you didn't enjoy the other episode.
    I don't think what season an episode airs in should have any bearing on whether or not you enjoyed it.

Hercules Rockefeller

'Moe Goes From Rags To Riches' is an averagely okay episode to me. The main plot is really bizarre and stupid for sure, but there is some enjoyable bits, some deent humor, a nice enough subplot & a good guest star performance despite the ridiculousness of the role itself. Comparing it to other episodes singled out as some the worst of the series this feels like one of the least thoroughly bad.
    I thought the ending with Marge and Homer claiming that they are Moe's true friends is one of the best ending scenes of the HD era. I just wish they didn't extend the episode beyond that.

'Moe Goes From Rags To Riches' is an averagely okay episode to me. The main plot is really bizarre and stupid for sure, but there is some enjoyable bits, some deent humor, a nice enough subplot & a good guest star performance despite the ridiculousness of the role itself. Comparing it to other episodes singled out as some the worst of the series this feels like one of the least thoroughly bad.
    Right, I've seen worse. It's certainly not as bad as Lisa goes Gaga.

Seasons 1-16 are all classic era, with little decline in quality after the conventional classic era

I honestly think most of my Simpsons opinions are pretty much the norm on this board, with one exception - I can't for the life of me fathom why "Holidays of Future Passed" is so well regarded. I always disliked future episodes because the goofy future tech distracts me from the plot - this wasn't too bad in Lisa's Wedding (videophones were a realistic prediction in the mid-90s, and the robot stuff was very funny) but stuff like aliens and super-evolving pets are so goofy they take me out of the story completely, because the Simpsons setting is supposed to be somewhat grounded in reality, unlike say, Futurama.

I have found myself thinking a lot lately about what a Simpsons reboot might have been like in a world where the show ended after its golden age. Could be amazing seeing older versions of the season 4 characters living in 2019 (it all depends on who's writing it of course...)

28. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Dark Homer

I don't think what season an episode airs in should have any bearing on whether or not you enjoyed it.
    Yeah I agree, My enjoyment is the same, but when critiquing an episode on not only enjoyment but how well made it is, one is usually considered slightly better than the other even though I might enjoy both episodes about the sme.

Quote Originally Posted by Walid View Post
    8's not in your classic era?
    I think this sums it up quite nicely. Everyone has their own line-up of classic 'Simpsons' seasons. It does not say anything about the seasons that are not included in that time either.

Deep Frier of Shirts BlueRibbonCommittee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Samson View Post
    I thought the ending with Marge and Homer claiming that they are Moe's true friends is one of the best ending scenes of the HD era. I just wish they didn't extend the episode beyond that.
    But at least that provided closure for the rag's story. Moe abandons him yet again only to be taken in by Santa's Little Helper.

I liked it too. My favorites part is the bit with Viking Homer looking at the tapestry and seeing the picture of him biting the rag, only to shrug and do so. That whole thing had no explaining, and makes me wonder why people say they didn't laugh once at it. Same thing happened when Milhouse choked on the rock Bart tossed at his window... then added it to his collection.

Honestly the only cringe-worthy moments of the episode was Burns in the French bit saying "Me marrying my sister" and the Depression segment with Homer chopping the wart off his foot and into the soup. Some say that the things that bring the episode down (aside from the fact that it's a talking rag) are the lack of any real thematic elements, the fact that the whole "tapestry predicts the future bit" is dropped about halfway through, the 1001 Nights story (that's the one with Nelson and his wives) is fictional, and the Bart/Milhouse story not really fitting in. Still, not sure how this is a contender for "Worst Episode Ever". I can probably name 100 episodes worse than this.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRibbonCommittee View Post
    and the Bart/Milhouse story not really fitting in.
    It does fit in though. The episode is about discovering the value of friendship. Moe convinces himself he has no friends, but forgets that the Simpson family has supported him on many occasions. Milhouse finally gets fed up with the way Bart treats him, forcing Bart to re-evaluate how much he values their friendship. The rag constantly ruminates about its origins and being discarded over the centuries, but finds happiness in the paws of a dog.

It's not a great episode, but there is some thematic richness underpinning the ridiculousness and it's an ambitious attempt to shake up the otherwise tired 'trilogy episode' format. I'm quite convinced that it's been unfairly maligned.

Thread Information