Page 58 of 63 FirstFirst ... 848495051525354555657585960616263 LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,740 of 1862

Thread: Very unpopular opinions.

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Blog Entries

i did i shut shoskin up wheres my medal

Quote Originally Posted by tyler View Post
    i did i shut shoskin up wheres my medal
    No you didn't. I was just not going to respond since maybe, just maybe your comment was directed at me. Since you now did, I'll answer you. First of all I was actually trying to figure out what the fuck you were try to say. The only thing I understood from your childish ranting is someone is coming to take our stuff. What stuff? Whose stuff? Second, Gamergate? What the hell does that have to do with anything? I'm sure you can tell me but honestly could care less. I'll wait for your response or not. If you do, please make it where you don't assume you know anything about me.
    Wow! What an ending! Who would have thought that Darth Vader is Luke Skywalker's father?

Blog Entries

u sound triggered bro lmao do u need a safe space

Blog Entries

foose everytime i look at ur av from tje wall i think it's the golden one from that hbomb video

oh dear, I say! The Spruce Moose's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shoskin View Post
    I never said that it did.
    Wouldn't it be nice to go back to a time where people used logic instead of overly emotions?
    Bruh.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Egg Council Creepy View Post
    Here's FIVE non-rock songs I like:
    Take On Me
    Hello
    Mad World
    Unreal Superhero 3
    Lisa Frank 420/Modern Computing
    So i'm not a rockist

Quote Originally Posted by The Spruce Moose View Post
    Bruh.
    Wouldn't it be nice to go back to a time where people used logic instead of overly emotions?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Spruce Moose View Post
    People are going to be emotional over what they see as racism because that is the most natural reaction. Why does that mean they forfeit the argument?
    I never said that it did.
    If you are going to quote me, at least put the conversation in order. If there is racism call it out. Racism should be called out for all that it is. I'm talking about the Simpsons, a satire that makes fun of everyone for 30 years.
    My main point is we are being offended by stereotypes and jokes that were said two to three decades ago. Should we get rid of Fat Tony and Luigi since they are stereotypes of Italians, which I happen to be? No. It's a satire and it doesn't offend me. If Apu offends you, ok. If Mother Shabubu offends you, fine. Julio, for being overly gay? If something triggers you, fine, just don't think you talk for everyone else.

Bruh

Quote Originally Posted by tyler View Post
    u sound triggered bro lmao do u need a safe space
    Safe space? I live in the liberal capital of the world, the whole area is a safe space. I'm doing fine though since I don't react to everything someone says or types that could be offending. Except Trump, he's a cocksucker.
    Last edited by Shoskin; 07-05-2019 at 09:02 AM.

The early Jean era is overrated.

I was too young at the time to watch, but I feel like people were just so sick of Scully and what he was doing with the show that they were ready for any kind of change. And to be fair, once Jean takes over, the show does feel slightly different and it seems like they're trying to tell more down-to-earth stories, but the quality doesn't really increase at any point. If anything, the problems the show had during the Scully years are inherited. Homer is still an awful person, the jokes still fall flat, some episodes still rely on wackiness to get out of the plot, and everybody is still being reduced to their most basic trait. That's not to say all the episodes are horrible, but season 13 confirmed that the show was beyond saving. And that's not even bringing up the fact that it goes from ridiculous and infuriating in the Scully era to bland and sterile. Or the fact that in the Jean era, the show becomes everything it used to make fun of.

Hercules Rockefeller Homer Samson's Avatar

FP please don't kill me but The Color Yellow is actually a really interesting episode in my opinion.
    Best and Worst Episode per Season:
    1: Krusty Gets Busted/Homer's Night Out 2: One Fish, Two Fish, Blowfish, Blue Fish/Bart's Dog Gets an 'F' 3: Bart the Murderer/Saturdays of Thunder 4: Homer the Heretic/So Its Come To This: A Simpsons Clip Show 5: Cape Feare/Lady Bouvier's Lover 6: Homie the Clown/Another Simpsons Clip Show 7: Raging Abe Simpson and his Grumbling Grandson in " The Curse of the Flying Hellfish"/Scenes From the Class Struggle in Springfield 8: The Springfield Files/The Old Man and the Lisa 9: The City of New York vs. Homer Simpson/Miracle on Evergreen Terrace 10: Mayored to the Mob/Homer Simpson in: Kidney Trouble 11: Grift of the Magi/Eight Misbehavin' 12: Trilogy of Error/I'm Goin' to Praiseland 13: The Blunder Years/The Lastest Gun in the West 14: Moe Baby Blues/The Strong Arms of the Ma 15: My Mother the Carjacker/Co-Dependent's Day 16: The Heartbroke Kid/Homer and Ned's Hail Mary Pass 17: The Seemingly Never-Ending Story/The Bonfire of the Manatees 18: The Mook, The Chef, The Wife, and Her Homer/The Boys of Bummer 19: Eternal Moonshine of the Simpson Mind/Husbands and Knives 20: Gone Maggie Gone/Lisa the Drama Queen 21: The Squirt and the Whale/The Greatest Story Ever D'ohed 22: Homer Scissorhands/The Fight Before Christmas 23: The Book Job/Lisa Goes Gaga 24: The Saga of Carl/Love is a Many-Splintered Thing 25: Brick Like Me/What to Expect When Bart's Expecting 26: Sky Police/The Musk Who Fell to Earth 27: Barthood/Every Man's Dream 28: 22 for 30/The Caper Chase 29: Flanders' Ladder/Singin' in the Lane 30: Woo-hoo Dunnit?/I Want You (She's So Heavy)

Blog Entries

I wasn’t really gonna kill ya; I was just gonna cut ya.

I don’t have a problem if you like it. I just don’t think it really had any jokes at all and bored me to tears.
    Favorite and least favorite by season
    1. Krusty Gets Busted There’s No Disgrace Like Home 2. Bart Gets an F Dead Putting Society 3. Homer at the Bat Like Father, Like Clown 4. Brother From the Same Planet Krusty Gets Kancelled 5. Cape Feare Lady Bouvier’s Lover 6. Homer Badman Another Simpsons Clip Show 7. King-Size Homer Lisa the Iconoclast 8. Homer’s Enemy El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer 9. Bart Carny The Trouble With Trillions 10. Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo Homer Simpson in: “Kidney Trouble” 11. Guess Who’s Coming to Criticize Dinner? Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder 12. HOMЯ Tennis the Menace 13. Tales From the Public Domain She of Little Faith 14. The Dad Who Knew Too Little Helter Shelter 15. I, Annoyed Grunt)-bot Bart-Mangled Banner 16. A Star is Torn On a Clear Day I Can’t See My Sister 17. My Fair Laddy Bonfire of the Manatees 18. The Haw-Hawed Couple You Kent Always Say What You Want 19. Funeral for a Fiend All About Lisa 20. Gone Maggie Gone The Good, the Sad and the Drugly 21. The Bob Next Door The Color Yellow 22. Donnie Fatso Love is a Many Strangled Thing 23. The Falcon and the D’ohman A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again 24. Hardly Kirk-ing Moonshine River 25. The War of Art What to Expect When Bart’s Expecting 26. Sky Police Let’s Go Fly a Coot 27. Halloween of Horror Lisa With an ‘S’ 28. There Will Be Buds Moho House 29. Springfield Splendor Throw Grampa From the Dane

Quote Originally Posted by Financial Panther View Post
    I wasn’t really gonna kill ya; I was just gonna cut ya.

I don’t have a problem if you like it. I just don’t think it really had any jokes at all and bored me to tears.
    Well actually the present day stuff was kinda meh but I still really like the flashback scenes and Wren T. Brown's performance

I think 'The Color Yellow' was pretty good myself. Yeah, it's pretty poor when it comes to the humor but the interesting plotline with the historical angle made up for that; a good example of an episode that is kind of a letdown humor-wise but is held up pretty much solely due to the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Frightened Inmate No. 2 View Post
    -The only good Moe episode is Flaming Moe's
    I disagree with this, but it also depends entirely on what you mean by a "Moe episode", even with Moe's name in the title "Flaming Moe's" still feels like a Homer story.

Deep Frier of Shirts BlueRibbonCommittee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The only place I’ve seen Marge Be Not Proud widely criticized is Dead Homer Society. Every other place, including this one, seems to really like it.
    DHS seems to be pointing out that it was the first instance of the show becoming the very thing it was initially marketed as parodying or subverting... namely, classic sitcoms from the '80s and before. Unfortunately I can't really be the judge of that - I'm not too terribly familiar with most sitcoms that predate The Simpsons itself. Prior to The Simpsons my TV diet mostly consisted of kids cartoons like Spider-Man or Digimon or whatever else was on. I do recall catching an occasional Brady Bunch episode on Nick at Nite back in the day, and more recently I saw a few Leave it to Beaver episodes on Netflix and occasionally would catch a rerun of Family Matters and Golden Girls on what was then called ABC Family, but that's really enough to give me an idea of what the TV landscape looked like before The Simpsons.

From what I can tell, and what some people DO criticize about some of the modern Simpsons episodes ("Love is a Many Splintered Thing", "I'm Dancing as Fat as I Can", etc.) it may have been that Bart made up for his wrong doing by giving some kind of grand gesture, like The Simpsons used to not do before it (and I know they made fun of that in BoJack Horseman as well). But again, I tend to take that stuff at face value, since I really have nothing to compare it to and can't see in the show what DHS or people who watched the show from the start while it was airing could.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionel McClure View Post
    Season 7 is the weakest season of the classic era.
    I do not think this is necessarily a negative statement.

- Sleeping With the Enemy has a good ending
    - The first act of How I Wet Your Mother isn't bad
    - The third act of The Computer Wore Menace Shoes is crazy, but not bad
    - Season 21 was the best fully HD Season
    - Sleeping With the Enemy is better than the Haw-Hawed Couple but Couple has a better ending, even though the ending to Sleeping With the Enemy isn't bad IMO
    - I Want You (She's So Heavy) is worse than Saddlesore Galactica, KTAAR, and The Frying Game combined
    - Hurricane Neddy is one of the best episodes of all time and is better than Last Exit to Springfield
    - Same can be said about The Springfield Connection and In Marge We Trust
    - The Mook, The Chef, The Wife and Her Homer is a better Season 18 episode than Springfield Up
    - Gone Boy is just as good as The Bob Next Door
    - Every clip show besides Another Simpsons Clip Show and All Singing, All Dancing (and yes I am saying this about Gump Roast so go and crucify me) is decent
    - Bart's Friend Falls in Love wasn't that good of an episode, it was mostly just scenes of Milhouse kissing Samantha and Bart being unspeakably unlikable
    - Dumbbell Indemnity is one of the best Season 9 episodes
    - The only bad Season 9 episode besides the clip show is Miracle on Evergreen Terrace
    - The 3rd segment of THOH XXII is actually not that bad
    - Donnie Fatso minus the ending is fantastic
    - Homie the Clown is the best mob episode and the best Krusty episode
    - The first 2 acts of The Twisted World of Marge Simpson are good
    - On a Clear Day I Can't See My Sister is worse than Boys of Bummer (at least Bummer had a fantastic subplot)

Tell me which of these you agree with

17. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Szyslak100

Blog Entries

- Sleeping With the Enemy has a good ending - The ending to Sleeping With the Enemy is fine. I don’t think it’s great, nor do I think the whole episode is great. I guess it’s nice that they kept things open-ended.
    - The first act of How I Wet Your Mother isn't bad - I agree. That’s a good episode throughout.
    - The third act of The Computer Wore Menace Shoes is crazy, but not bad - I don’t think it’s terrible; it’s just so out there and different from the rest of the episode that it makes my head spin.
    - Season 21 was the best fully HD Season - 22 for me. 21 is fine.
    - Sleeping With the Enemy is better than the Haw-Hawed Couple but Couple has a better ending, even though the ending to Sleeping With the Enemy isn't bad IMO - Disagree. The Haw-Hawed Couple is my favorite episode of season 18 and blows Enemy out of the water.
    - I Want You (She's So Heavy) is worse than Saddlesore Galactica, KTAAR, and The Frying Game combined - Heavy is below average but ultimately very forgettable. Saddlesore is legitimately a good episode, Alligator is mediocre, and Frying Game is average.
    - Hurricane Neddy is one of the best episodes of all time and is better than Last Exit to Springfield - I don’t think Last Exit is that great. Hurricane Neddy is fine. I’d say they’re about equal. Maybe a slight edge to Neddy.
    - Same can be said about The Springfield Connection and In Marge We Trust - They’re both pretty good. I guess The Springfield Connection is narrowly the best of the three.
    - The Mook, The Chef, The Wife and Her Homer is a better Season 18 episode than Springfield Up - Agree. Springfield Up is overrated, and the third act is a mess.
    - Gone Boy is just as good as The Bob Next Door - I think the popular opinion is actually that Gone Boy is better. It looks as if you think people prefer The Bob Next Door. In my case, I do. The Bob Next Door is exceptional. The face-switching stuff doesn’t bother me.
    - Every clip show besides Another Simpsons Clip Show and All Singing, All Dancing (and yes I am saying this about Gump Roast so go and crucify me) is decent - All Singing, All Dancing is actually a good clip show. The worst is probably Another Simpsons Clip Show.
    - Bart's Friend Falls in Love wasn't that good of an episode, it was mostly just scenes of Milhouse kissing Samantha and Bart being unspeakably unlikable - I like it. Samantha’s a good character, and her voice actress did very well in making her sound her age. It’s also one of the few times Milhouse actually has some respect to his character.
    - Dumbbell Indemnity is one of the best Season 9 episodes - I love season 9, but that episode’s nothing special.
    - The only bad Season 9 episode besides the clip show is Miracle on Evergreen Terrace - I wouldn’t call it bad, but it is kind of a downer.
    - The 3rd segment of THOH XXII is actually not that bad - I think it’s pretty bad. The only segment in that THOH that’s not a disaster is Dial D for Diddly.
    - Donnie Fatso minus the ending is fantastic - I’ll take it one step further and say the episode, including the outstanding ending, is on par with many classics. It’s the second-best HD episode, only trailing Gone Maggie Gone.
    - Homie the Clown is the best mob episode and the best Krusty episode - Agree. Great episode.
    - The first 2 acts of The Twisted World of Marge Simpson are good - Eh. The episode is nothing to write home about. None of the scenes strike me as great.
    - On a Clear Day I Can't See My Sister is worse than Boys of Bummer (at least Bummer had a fantastic subplot) - They’re both terrible. I’d say Bummer is a little better, but the subplot isn’t anywhere close to fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by iambobdole1 View Post
    I don't see what the big deal is about Just Stamp The Ticket Guy
    He's a one dimensional character with a silly catchphrase.

100% dumbass
    Blog Entries

Think he was also the bloke who punched that Hippie in Bart of Darkness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dgzT4GNugA

I got more.

- Husbands and Knives is a terrible episode (this may sound popular, but just for the first act, a lot of people on the R&R loved it and online lists of the best modern episodes all include it. Just for the goddamn first act)
    - In opposition to what other people think, I loved the 3rd act of My Big Fat Geek Wedding but didn't like the first two.
    - The Rich Texan and Crazy Cat Lady can be funny, in episodes like Marge's Son Poisoning and Girly Edition
    - Days of Future Future is not good but it is not the worst episode of its season. Compared to What to Expect When Bart's Expecting, it feels as good as the episode it is a sequel to
    - Albert Brooks did a much better job in The Heartbroke Kid than he did in You Only Move Twice

And I am just going to talk about one very iconic scene that I hate now.

Last Exit to Springfield is a good episode, but it is overrated beyond belief. It is still worth an A while many other Sesson 4 episodes are worth an A+.

The episode is jam packed with funny jokes, and the problem is that people only seem to like it for being funny. A lot of the best Simpsons episodes use other elements than just humor. Cape Feare is a hilarious episode, but it also has a very interesting story and great suspense, as well as a fantastic voice performance from Kelsey Grammer. LETS has funny humor, a slightly above average plot, no suspense, and the only guest star is some TV personality voicing herself for a couple lines on a phone. LETS also does have a good song in addition to it's good humor.

But people always seem to think the best joke is "dental plan, Lisa needs braces"

I know they do have a connection, so the joke kinda makes sense, but whenever I hear those 2 lines being constantly repeated is super annoying. It's more repetitively annoying than Al Jean's plot ideas.

But in all seriousness, nothing is funny about it. Marge and Lenny both have really annoying voices, but their annoying voices are not what defines their character. But all I can think of is how goddamn annoying it is when all I hear is 2 annoying voiced characters saying the same thing over and over again.

This is the episode that gave us one of Abe Simpson's best rambles, Classical Gas, the blurst of times, the big book of British smiles, and Homer rolling around on the floor.

But 2 annoying lines being repeated over and over is funnier.

God writing this already makes me feel annoyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Swoony View Post
    Bart doesn't feel much guilt or learn a lesson from it anymore like he did in the older seasons.
    I prefer this. We are watching the same year in Bart's life consistently --him at 10. It does not really make any sense for him to have fundamental changes if he isn't getting older.

I really like long couch gags. They are really well made and are amazing to look at. Seriously there is nothing interesting about Maggie popping out of the couch and Marge catching her. I'd even say the Avatar couch gag was awesome for its visuals.

The couch gag (even though it took up the entire intro) from 3 Scenes Plus a Tag From a Marriage is honestly beautiful while at the same time disturbing, and it just showcases how great a singer Dan Castellaneta is. Go watch that couch gag, I dare you to tell me it is bad.

Have Brain, Will Travel Wile E. the Brain's Avatar

There's something kinda fascinating with the long couch gags in my opinion. Intrinsically, I actually enjoy them. The one from 3 Scenes Plus a Tag From a Marriage is indeed pretty great, the Rick and Morty one is very funny to me and of course, Homer's evolution is a lot memorable. That being said, I don't like them as couch gags. I mean, when I watch the Simpsons, in general I want to watch the episode more than the couch gag, and when we have such a long one before getting into it, it appears like just a huge time waister to hide the fact the writers didn't had enough material for the writing of their episodes (especially when you have in addition a useless epilogue or something), and that paradoxically annoys me. They're not bad (I mean not all of them), I just have a problem with the fact they're couch gags.

Blog Entries

When they put more effort into a couch gag than an actual episode, it’s a problem. I despise long couch gags more than anything else in the show, and that’s an unpopular opinion in itself. The ONLY good one is the evolution one, and that’s because the length IS the joke. Stop wasting all your creativity on an intro and use it to contribute to the episode. This shit pisses me off. It ruined what a couch gag is supposed to be: a quick smile or chuckle, then on to the meat of the show.

When they put more effort into a couch gag than an actual episode, it’s a problem. I despise long couch gags more than anything else in the show, and that’s an unpopular opinion in itself. The ONLY good one is the evolution one, and that’s because the length IS the joke. Stop wasting all your creativity on an intro and use it to contribute to the episode. This shit pisses me off. It ruined what a couch gag is supposed to be: a quick smile or chuckle, then on to the meat of the show.
    While I like long couch gags, I totally agree with what you are saying. Maybe they should save long couch gags for guest animators and try not to make every episode super short.

Yeah, I agree. the Sylvain Chomet and John Kricfalusi Couch Gage went on way to long. Don't get overly fancy and start the show already. This along with the endless joke such as Lisa playing the saxophone that went from the end of one act to the start of the next act. It is like at times the writers have nothing so let's stretch this out longer.

Al Jeany apologist skully the poltergeist's Avatar
    Blog Entries

There has never been a decent long couch gag. Defeats the whole point

29. Thumbs Up To This Post by: pax

I don't really have that much of a problem with the long couch gags per se (unless they start pushing 3 or 4 minutes), but I generally prefer the shorter and more to the point ones (though I do like the likes of the Homer evolution one and the 'Powers Of Ten' parody one with the zooming out from the family on the couch and through space, to atoms, to DNA and back to the family from Homer's head).

The problem for me is that they, pretty much only the guest animator one or crossovers, are so often used (as well as advertised) as the main event of the whole episode and with the amount of effort that's put in them (also with the feeling of them being lure to get viewers) the episode feels really secondary and much less important (and it really does comes off as they are sometimes used to cover up or apologize for the shortcomings of the episode itself, wether it's the short length or iffy writing, so I have to agree on that).

Sometimes I feel like a lot of them, such as the extended crossovers, would be best off as short films (maybe for online release) instead of being tacked onto the start of an episode.

31. Thumbs Up To This Post by: TenEight

Quote Originally Posted by Shaunbadia View Post
    I would have preferred Milhouse over Colin in the movie.
    I liked what they did with Colin. They showed that they actually had something in common and he actually had a realistic chance.
    Milhouse would have felt very forced since Lisa never had any intention before then of trying to make it work.

Milhouse x Lisa is a terrible ship. He's just whiny and creepy and I honestly think she can do better. I don't know why they're together in some of the future stories. They have no chemistry together and she literally prefers him as a zombie.
    Pokemon Moon Friend Code 5473-2104-2310
    Looking for shiny, legendary, and mythical. Got shiny Sandshrew (Alola)
    Have various starters, zorua, can breed many pokemon.
    Current egg move hatching: Tyrunt with fire fang

34. Thumbs Up To This Post by: TenEight

Thread Information