Page 23 of 64 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Very unpopular opinions.

(Users Browsing this Thread: Jhadley)

Blog Entries

How I Spent My Strummer Vacation and Helter Shelter are two of the most entertaining season 14 episodes. Not the best, but still enjoyable to watch.

I like "The Boys of Bummer". I've always thought it was a good commentary of society's over obsession with sport.

Blog Entries

I dislike 'Cue Detective, Halloween of Horror, 'Paths of Glory, and Barthood.
    In fact, Puffless is the only episode I like this year that has got fairly well-recieved.
    You're a dolt with the IQ of a peabrain that probably loves lowbrow sitcoms like The Big Bang Theory, Frasier and Seinfeld to not grasp the biting satire and wit of the classic 65 (Rugrats).

While That 90s Show did screw up the continuity, out of context it's a sweet episode that tells an interesting story and has some AMAZING music.

Also, while not the rest of them I consider the first Treehouse Of Horror canon because they very explicitly state that it's the kids telling stories and none of it's actually happening.

5. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Gatorgod

Quote Originally Posted by The Egg Council Creep View Post
    I dislike 'Cue Detective, Halloween of Horror, 'Paths of Glory, and Barthood.
    In fact, Puffless is the only episode I like this year that has got fairly well-recieved.
    In the Rate 2015 thread, you gave Halloween of Horror a 2.5/10, but gave Musk Who Fell to Earth an 8/10. If that's an unpopular opinion, I don't know what is -_-
    Get woke, go broke

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nitsy View Post
    In the Rate 2015 thread, you gave Halloween of Horror a 2.5/10, but gave Musk Who Fell to Earth an 8/10. If that's an unpopular opinion, I don't know what is -_-
    Giving Lisa Goes Gaga a 10/10 and Last Exit to Springfield a 1/10.

“Pretension” by Calvin Klein ataeaf's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I’m the least qualified person to say this, but... seriously?
    ah (as in apple)-tuh-eef

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ataeaf View Post
    I’m the least qualified person to say this, but... seriously?
    I don't really think Gaga gets a 10/10 or LETS a 1/10.
    Or were you talking about my thoughts on Musk and Halloween of Horror?

Blog Entries

11. Thumbs Up To This Post by: pax

I'm just gonna say it. Marge is my favourite member of The Simpson family. She's the only one in the family with any moral fiber (at least in the earlier seasons), she has her funny moments, the Marge based episodes are always interesting to watch and she's the glue which holds the family together. Marge is the best Simpson!

Even though I hate this episode, this did make me laugh (sorry not sorry)

13. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Gatorgod, Telso

Wants to be a sweetie pie Financial Panther's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Marge can get on my nerves at time, like in She of Little Faith and She Used to Be My Girl, but she's good for the most part. What episode is that picture from?
    Last edited by Financial Panther; 01-02-2016 at 01:03 PM.
    Favorite and least favorite by season
    1. Life on the Fast Lane Homer’s Night Out 2. Bart Gets an F Dead Putting Society 3. Homer at the Bat Like Father, Like Clown 4. Brother From the Same Planet Krusty Gets Kancelled 5. Cape Feare Lady Bouvier’s Lover 6. Homer Badman Another Simpsons Clip Show 7. King-Size Homer Lisa the Iconoclast 8. Homer’s Enemy The Simpsons Spin-Off Showcase 9. Bart Carny The Trouble With Trillions 10. Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo Homer Simpson in: “Kidney Trouble” 11. Guess Who’s Coming to Criticize Dinner? Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder 12. HOMЯ Tennis the Menace 13. Tales From the Public Domain She of Little Faith 14. The Dad Who Knew Too Little Helter Shelter 15. I, (Annoyed Grunt)-bot Bart-Mangled Banner 16. A Star is Torn On a Clear Day I Can’t See My Sister 17. My Fair Laddy Bonfire of the Manatees 18. The Haw-Hawed Couple You Kent Always Say What You Want 19. Eternal Moonshine of the Simpson Mind All About Lisa 20. Gone Maggie Gone The Good, the Sad and the Drugly 21. The Bob Next Door The Color Yellow 22. Donnie Fatso Love is a Many Strangled Thing 23. The Falcon and the D’ohman A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again 24. Hardly Kirk-ing Moonshine River 25. The War of Art What to Expect When Bart’s Expecting 26. Sky Police Let’s Go Fly a Coot 27. Halloween of Horror Lisa With an ‘S’ 28. There Will Be Buds Moho House 29. Springfield Splendor Throw Grampa From the Dane 30. Daddicus Finch I Want You (She’s So Heavy) 31. Thanksgiving of Horror Warrin’ Priests (Part Two)

Blog Entries

CANT believe you dont recognize a quote from Lisa Goes Gaga when you see it

Quote Originally Posted by ilovebender.com View Post
    I love women.

Blog Entries

She Used to Be My Gil imo

Blog Entries

* Lisa's Substitute is not as good as everyone seems to make. I found that the emotion tries too hard at times and comes out as too much as a result imo, and something ridiculously handled ("I am here for the kids, not for you miss Krapabelle !" ). I'm not a great fan of Bergstrom either. Sue me if you want.
    * Homer at the Bat, Marge vs. The Monorail and Cape Feare are all overrated too.
    * I always really enjoyed season 10, golden ace-worthy.
    ** Maximum Homerdrive is a good gagfest.
    * Season 14 really sucks, it contains two of the worst episodes of the series and the best episodes of the season are not even on par with the three previous seasons
    * Season 19 is awful (people here are pretty soft about that season).
    * Season 11 is much better than anything past season 16.
    Last edited by Telso; 01-02-2016 at 12:38 PM.
    o shit its 2021 and still havent posted on this forum

18. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Zelek

Blog Entries

Season 27 is a huge step down from 26. Already mentioned why before.

20. Thumbs Up To This Post by: pax

Al Jeany apologist skully the poltergeist's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Egg Council Creep View Post
    Season 27 is a huge step down from 26. Already mentioned why before.
    good joke friend. Because there were so many Season 26 eps that reached the heights of Barthood and HoH

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Scully Apologist View Post
    good joke friend. Because there were so many Season 26 eps that reached the heights of Barthood and HoH
    I hated both.

Al Jeany apologist skully the poltergeist's Avatar
    Blog Entries

sorry but your opinion is wrong

Chatting Simpsons Since '93 Brad Lascelle's Avatar

I disagree. His opinion is unpopular. Not wrong.

And would you expect any better from someone who resides in Rand McNally?
    That's where they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people.

So, of course, Egg Council Creep hates Halloween of Horror and Barthood. I'd be disappointed if he didn't.

Next thing you'll be questioning why Bizarro Superman is a no-good miscreant.
    Or pondering why Donald Trump says such outlandish things.

You need to adjust your expectations of people.
    It would be like us saying your appreciation of Saddlesore Galactica is wrong. Why would we ever do that?
    That's a Tim Long-penned masterpiece.
    SEASON 31 RANKINGS
    The Winter of Our Monetized Content - 1.5/5 / Go Big or Go Homer - 2.5/5 / The Fat Blue Line - 3.5/5
    THOH XXX = Danger Things - 2.5/5 / Heaven Swipes Right - 1.5/5 / When Hairy Met Slimy - 2/5
    Gorillas on the Mast - 3.5/5 / Marge the Lumberjill - 2/5 / Livin' La Pura Vida - 5/5
    THANKSGIVING OF HORROR = A-Gobble-ypto - 3/5 / The Fourth Thursday After Tomorrow - 5/5 / The Last Thanksgiving - 3.5/5
    Todd, Todd, Why Hast Thou Forsaken Me? - 3.5/5 / Bobby, It's Cold Outside - 2.5/5 / Hail to the Teeth - 1.5/5
    The Miseducation of Lisa Simpson - 2/5 / Frinkcoin - 3/5 / Maggie Simpson In "Playdate with Destiny" - 4/5
    Bart the Bad Guy - 5/5 / Screenless - 2/5 / Better Off Ned - 2.5/5 / Highway to Well - 4/5
    The Incredible Lightness of Being a Baby - 2.5/5 / Warrin' Priests - 2/5 / The Hateful Eight-Year-Olds - 4.5/5 / The Way of the Dog - 5/5

25. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Egg

Blog Entries

sick ref to the simpsons

this sentence is the epitome of ignorance

Blog Entries

I don’t hate The Diving Bell and the Butterball.

"Modern Simpsons" defender simpsonsbart's Avatar

I don't like how Maggie seemed to become the family's hero...
    "You're perfect! In fact, you're better than perfect! Next to you, perfection is crap!"

It was said in a 1997 episode. But if it were said in a recent episode (from the mid 2000s to for now), I'd take it as irony.

I don't believe in modern Simpsons nor golden era: I'm an atheist

Don't fear the roofer!

I'm a post-20th century Simpsons episodes defender.

The ones who say "Zombie Simpsons" make me laugh.

I'm a girl but I say #NotMyDoctor anyway.

I don't know how unpopular this opinion is but I cannot and have never been able to stand Lisa. She is by far my least favourite character.

A Lonely, Insignificant Speck Insanity Pepper's Avatar
    A Has-Been Planet Orbited by a Cold, Indifferent Sun

You'll fit in really well here.

Blog Entries

This forum seems like they generally pick Lisa as their favorite character, or atleast the most well developed. Outside this forum I see a lot of hate for her, calling her unfunny and that episodes focussing on her are most of the time bad or boring. Even the classic ones. Personally she's my second favorite only behind Homer, they do have the best relationship in the show imo.
    Episodes rated best and worst from each season:
    1: Krusty Gets Busted/Homer's Night Out 2: The Way We Was/Bart's Dog Gets an F 3: Colonel Homer/Dog of Death 4: Marge vs. The Monorail/So It's Come to This: A Simpsons Clip Show 5: Cape Feare/Bart Gets An Elephant 6: Treehouse of Horror V/Another Simpsons Clip Show 7: Mother Simpson/Homerpalooza 8: You Only Move Twice/The Canine Mutiny 9: Lisa's Sax/The Two Mrs. Nahasapeemapetilons 10: Lisa Gets an A/Sunday Cruddy Sunday 11: Behind The Laughter/Beyond Blunderdome 12: Trilogy of Error/The Computer Wore Menace Shoes 13: I Am Furious Yellow/Homer the Moe 14: The Dad Who Knew Too Little/Large Marge 15: The Way We Weren't/Diatribe of a Mad Housewife 16: Thank God Its Doomsday/Mommie Beerest 17: Marge's Son Poisoning/Bonfire of the Manatees 18: Marge Gamer/Revenge is Best Served Three Times 19: Treehouse of Horror XVIII/That 90's Show 20: Gone Maggie Gone/Coming To Homerica 21: O Brother, Where Bart thou?/The Devil Wears Nada 22: Homer Scissorhands/The Fool Monty 23: Holidays of Future Passed/Moe Goes From Rags To Riches 24: Adventures In Baby-Getting/Whiskey Business 25: Brick Like Me/White Christmas Blues 26: Bart's New Friend/The Musk Who Fell to Earth 27: Halloween of Horror/Every Man's Dream 28: There Will Be Buds/Moho House 29: Gone Boy/Throw Grampa from the Dane

33. Thumbs Up To This Post by: pax

Banned
    Blog Entries

When i first got into the show i used too dislike Lisa and viewed her as that boring character that just gets in the way of the funny stuff but as the years passed i grew too like her more and more and now she is one of my favorite characters.

A Lonely, Insignificant Speck Insanity Pepper's Avatar
    A Has-Been Planet Orbited by a Cold, Indifferent Sun

Quote Originally Posted by Kaine View Post
    This forum seems like they generally pick Lisa as their favorite character, or atleast the most well developed. Outside this forum I see a lot of hate for her, calling her unfunny and that episodes focussing on her are most of the time bad or boring.
    It's been well-established that "Simpsons fans" outside this forum are generally morons, at least when it comes to the show. I don't even understand how you can really like the show if you don't like Lisa. How can such a fundamentally important character be separated from the series as a whole?

Wrote the book on flimflammin Grifty McGrift's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The people who have weird obsession with her and draw um, "fanart" are pretty creepy tho. But as a character she's aight I guess. I don't see vegetarianism and Buddhism as "boring" episode plots. But I'm not obsessed with Lisa.

Blog Entries

sup jake

Thread Information