Page 16 of 59 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Very unpopular opinions.

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Blog Entries

But That 90's Show was later retconed in Take My Life, Please.

^And thank goodness for that.

Just like they also retconned Skinner as an impostor in an episode where Agnes is shown to be pregnant with him in a flashback. Can't recall the episode...
    "Your tears say more than real evidence ever could."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nitsy View Post
    ^And thank goodness for that.

Just like they also retconned Skinner as an impostor in an episode where Agnes is shown to be pregnant with him in a flashback. Can't recall the episode...
    Boy Meets Curl

Blog Entries

For all the hate it gets, Homer Simpson in: "Kidney Trouble" has some hilarious parts to me.

F... MURRAY... ABRAHAM!
    My Top 100 Simpsons episodes

My Simpsons season rankings (1-23):

6 > 8 > 5 > 7 > 3 > 4 > 10 > 9 > 2 > 12 > 1 > 11 > 16 > 15 > 13 > 17 > 14 > 18 > 20 > 19 > 23 > 21 > 22

Simon Era - Reiss Era - Mirkin Era - Oakley Era - Scully Era - Jean Era

Blog Entries

More unpopular opinions.
    Since I like new Simpsons as much as old,Many new episodes most people hate i like. ( I still hate several though).
    Brick Like Me is pretty bad. The All Just a Dream twist was stupid. They could have just made it a non canon episode. Also,It wasn't funny,The plot wasn't good,and it felt like a 22 minute toy ad.
    I liked Kill The Alligator And Run.
    "Guess how many boobs I saw today. FIFTEEN!!!
    Saddlesore Galatica was OK.
    Bart's Inner Child was great.
    You're a dolt with the IQ of a peabrain that probably loves lowbrow sitcoms like The Big Bang Theory, Frasier and Seinfeld to not grasp the biting satire and wit of the classic 65 (Rugrats).

Let's share the blame. brokenfan's Avatar

Here's an unpopular opinion.

I don't hate the 3-part episodes as much as everyone else. They're like discount 'Treehouse of Horror' segments. I thought the Tales from the Public Domain was hilarious. I mean...Lisa's Ophelia lololol

Kinda like Jesus Financial Panther's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I love Tales From the Public Domain. See signature.
    Favorite and least favorite by season
    1. Krusty Gets Busted There’s No Disgrace Like Home 2. Bart Gets an F Dead Putting Society 3. Homer at the Bat Like Father, Like Clown 4. Brother From the Same Planet Krusty Gets Kancelled 5. Cape Feare Lady Bouvier’s Lover 6. Homer Badman Another Simpsons Clip Show 7. King-Size Homer Lisa the Iconoclast 8. Homer’s Enemy El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer 9. Bart Carny The Trouble With Trillions 10. Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo Homer Simpson in: “Kidney Trouble” 11. Guess Who’s Coming to Criticize Dinner? Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder 12. HOMЯ Tennis the Menace 13. Tales From the Public Domain She of Little Faith 14. The Dad Who Knew Too Little Helter Shelter 15. I, Annoyed Grunt)-bot Bart-Mangled Banner 16. A Star is Torn On a Clear Day I Can’t See My Sister 17. My Fair Laddy Bonfire of the Manatees 18. The Haw-Hawed Couple You Kent Always Say What You Want 19. Funeral for a Fiend All About Lisa 20. Gone Maggie Gone The Good, the Sad and the Drugly 21. The Bob Next Door The Color Yellow 22. Donnie Fatso Love is a Many Strangled Thing 23. The Falcon and the D’ohman A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again 24. Hardly Kirk-ing Moonshine River 25. The War of Art What to Expect When Bart’s Expecting 26. Sky Police Let’s Go Fly a Coot 27. Halloween of Horror Lisa With an ‘S’ 28. There Will Be Buds Moho House 29. Springfield Splendor Throw Grampa From the Dane

8. Thumbs Up To This Post by: brokenfan

Blog Entries

I don't see anything wrong with clip shows or trilogy episodes (didn't Jean or someone say that trilogy episodes are now the cost-cutter episodes of the show? Still not sure how they save money). Trilogy episodes like Tales from the Public Domain, Margical History Tour, and Four Great Women and a Manicure let the writers have fun with the characters in historical situations without worrying about canon. Like brokenfan said, they're less gory Treehouse of Horror episodes.

Clip shows are the alternative to a shorter season, and I'd rather have some original content with some reused clips than no content at all. Save for one or two of the shows, the clip shows' original content are always funny and make fun of the lameness of the clip shows, and except for maybe some context lost, the clips shouldn't get any less funny on a second watch. All Singing, All Dancing is my favorite one, followed by The Simpsons 138th Episode Spectacular and So It's Come to This: A Simpsons Clip Show. Another Simpsons Clip Show is shaky but mediocre, and Gump Roast is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by The Egg Council Creep View Post
    More unpopular opinions.
    Since I like new Simpsons as much as old,Many new episodes most people hate i like. ( I still hate several though).
    Brick Like Me is pretty bad. The All Just a Dream twist was stupid. They could have just made it a non canon episode. Also,It wasn't funny,The plot wasn't good,and it felt like a 22 minute toy ad.
    I liked Kill The Alligator And Run.
    "Guess how many boobs I saw today. FIFTEEN!!!
    Saddlesore Galatica was OK.
    Bart's Inner Child was great.
    "Kill the Alligator and Run" also contains the famous "Arizona smells funny" line. Can't tell you how many times I've used it when visiting my friends at ASU

Blog Entries

I look back at some of the Season 11 episodes and realised I got a few good laughs out of some of the weakest episodes, like Little Big Mom's "Stupid Sexy Flanders", Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder's "NOT LENNY!", Saddlesore Galactica's "I'll deal with those murderous trolls!" and Missionary Impossible's "Save me, Jebus!". Story wise they were a mess, but still had their moments.

12. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Nitsy

lol But the episodes you listed were some of the best of season 11, which isn't a great season at all. The problem with season 11 for me is that most of the episodes are about 2/3 strong,like they start out very strong or with a funny premise, and then the story sort of peters out on the third act usually. Like little big mom....everything was good until about when story became as messy as the house with the whole leprosy thing.

oh dear, I say! The Spruce Moose's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AdrenalinDragon View Post
    I look back at some of the Season 11 episodes and realised I got a few good laughs out of some of the weakest episodes, like Little Big Mom's "Stupid Sexy Flanders", Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder's "NOT LENNY!", Saddlesore Galactica's "I'll deal with those murderous trolls!" and Missionary Impossible's "Save me, Jebus!". Story wise they were a mess, but still had their moments.

Quote Originally Posted by brokenfan View Post
    But the episodes you listed were some of the best of season 11.

lol what.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Egg Council Creepy View Post
    Here's FIVE non-rock songs I like:
    Take On Me
    Hello
    Mad World
    Unreal Superhero 3
    Lisa Frank 420/Modern Computing
    So i'm not a rockist

Blog Entries

i've never gotten the likeness of "Stupid Sexy Flanders"

Quote Originally Posted by The Spruce Moose View Post
    lol what.
    Hence the thread's title..............

SuperFriend Rembrandt Q. Einstein's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Walid View Post
    i've never gotten the likeness of "Stupid Sexy Flanders"
    It's pretty funny now that I think about it more. You're meant to think that Homer can't get that image out of his head because it's gross, but it's actually because he finds it disturbingly sexy. I think people tend to miss that part of the joke.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ofhf View Post
    It's an acceptable joke, but it's not near as clever as some others in the Scully era.
    Yeah, the Rashomon joke in Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo comes to mind.

Ugh, I changed my mind dude. Look above for my edit.

Blog Entries

It's pretty funny now that I think about it more. You're meant to think that Homer can't get that image out of his head because it's gross, but it's actually because he finds it disturbingly sexy. I think people tend to miss that part of the joke.
    i get that, i just never found it funny

Blog Entries

That joke is one of the highlights of the episode. It doesn't start off too bad, but goes downhill once Marge hurts her leg. I wouldn't consider it a well-received episode though, a mixed bag at best.

Blog Entries

How could people miss that part of the joke? The line is "Stupid sexy Flanders."

23. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Tromboon

Quote Originally Posted by Financial Panther View Post
    How could people miss that part of the joke? The line is "Stupid sexy Flanders."
    I mean that people miss the subversion element of the gag.

Yeah, I always found that gag to be hilarious, especially for the suggestion that Homer might be admitting that it is in some way erotic and that's what's disturbing. But I like that episode anyway. I find the scenes with them skiing hilarious, the way Homer and Bart act at home without Marge hilarious...I know it's "wacky", but I really don't care.

I find the episode "them robot" ok

Blog Entries

Gone Maggie Gone absolutely SUCKS. It is honestly a terrible episode. Not my least favorite, but up there.

Blog Entries

I actually consider Season 17 to be good (not great though) and I don't think "Zombie Simpsons" started until Season 18 imho.

I also enjoy "The Principal and the Pauper" and "Kill the Alligator and Run" but I can understand. why they are hated so much.

29. Thumbs Up To This Post by: tyler

I think 13,14,15,16,18 and 21 are my favourite seasons!

Blog Entries

I...see.

Blog Entries

We have a winner!

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

Because of my young age, I don't think most of the new Simpsons episodes are bad.
    Simpsons: 4 > 6 = 7 > 5 > 3 > 8 > 2 > 14 > 15 > 13 = 10 > 9 > 16 > 20 > 1 > 24 = 21 > 26 > 22 = 25 > 23 > 19 = 27 > 18 = 28 > 12 > 11 > 17 = 29

Family Guy: 4 > 3 > 2 > 1 > 5 = 6 > 15 > 16 > 10 > 14 > > 7 = 11 = 9 > 8 > 12 = 13

American Dad: 4 > 3 > 2 > 1 > 6 > 5 > 8 > 9 > 7 = 11 > 10 > 13 (so far) > 12

The Cleveland Show: 2 > 1 > 4 > 3

Futurama: 5 > 4 = 1 > 2 = 3 > 7 > 6

Rick and Morty: 2 > 1 > 3

34. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Egg

Blog Entries

At least you're intelligent enough to know the possible reason behind that. But I don't think most of them are bad, either; mostly just average.

Thread Information