Page 14 of 62 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Very unpopular opinions.

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Blog Entries

The movie feels like an extended classic era episode. It had its fair share of flaws (Colin subplot that goes nowhere, riding around the dome being a little over-the-top wacky, the music not feeling like The Simpsons because it was scored by Hans Zimmer instead of Alf Clausen), but overall it's a really fun watch with so many great scenes. Marge's video message and the ending were seriously powerful emotion, and even if not every joke hit its mark, there was still an onslaught of jokes. It's probably one of, if not the best thing to come out of the show in the 2000s.

To me, it felt like an extended early-Jean era episode; doesn't really feel classic to me. Scenes like Bart getting drunk were very Jeanesque.
    Get woke, go broke

Blog Entries

I just want to see the Simpsons in the cinema again

But for the second movie to be really succesfull, they'll have to come with an epic plot. They could always take my idea where Homer is being brainwashed by Hank Scorpio, and commands a whole army of terrorist trying to take over Springfield. Marge, the kids and all of Springfield will have to team up and fight him back, and at the end Marge having totally beat up Homer and getting back to his senses. Scorpio would still be around and launches a massive attack on the White House, imprisoning Obama (voicing himself ?) and taking over the US.

Otherwise we could just have a sweet family movie..
    Episodes rated best and worst from each season:
    1: Krusty Gets Busted/Homer's Night Out 2: The Way We Was/Bart's Dog Gets an F 3: Colonel Homer/Dog of Death 4: Marge vs. The Monorail/So It's Come to This: A Simpsons Clip Show 5: Cape Feare/Bart Gets An Elephant 6: Treehouse of Horror V/Another Simpsons Clip Show 7: Mother Simpson/Homerpalooza 8: You Only Move Twice/The Canine Mutiny 9: Lisa's Sax/The Two Mrs. Nahasapeemapetilons 10: Lisa Gets an A/Sunday Cruddy Sunday 11: Behind The Laughter/Beyond Blunderdome 12: Trilogy of Error/The Computer Wore Menace Shoes 13: I Am Furious Yellow/Homer the Moe 14: The Dad Who Knew Too Little/Large Marge 15: The Way We Weren't/Diatribe of a Mad Housewife 16: Thank God Its Doomsday/Mommie Beerest 17: Marge's Son Poisoning/Bonfire of the Manatees 18: Marge Gamer/Revenge is Best Served Three Times 19: Treehouse of Horror XVIII/That 90's Show 20: Gone Maggie Gone/Coming To Homerica 21: O Brother, Where Bart thou?/The Devil Wears Nada 22: Homer Scissorhands/The Fool Monty 23: Holidays of Future Passed/Moe Goes From Rags To Riches 24: Adventures In Baby-Getting/Whiskey Business 25: Brick Like Me/White Christmas Blues 26: Bart's New Friend/The Musk Who Fell to Earth 27: Halloween of Horror/Every Man's Dream 28: There Will Be Buds/Moho House 29: Gone Boy/Throw Grampa from the Dane

A source of fun Financial Panther's Avatar
    Blog Entries

We don't need to see Scorpio again. I don't know why people love that guy so much.
    Favorite and least favorite by season
    1. Krusty Gets Busted There’s No Disgrace Like Home 2. Bart Gets an F Dead Putting Society 3. Homer at the Bat Like Father, Like Clown 4. Brother From the Same Planet Krusty Gets Kancelled 5. Cape Feare Lady Bouvier’s Lover 6. Homer Badman Another Simpsons Clip Show 7. King-Size Homer Lisa the Iconoclast 8. Homer’s Enemy El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer 9. Bart Carny The Trouble With Trillions 10. Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo Homer Simpson in: “Kidney Trouble” 11. Guess Who’s Coming to Criticize Dinner? Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder 12. HOMЯ Tennis the Menace 13. Tales From the Public Domain She of Little Faith 14. The Dad Who Knew Too Little Helter Shelter 15. I, Annoyed Grunt)-bot Bart-Mangled Banner 16. A Star is Torn On a Clear Day I Can’t See My Sister 17. My Fair Laddy Bonfire of the Manatees 18. The Haw-Hawed Couple You Kent Always Say What You Want 19. Funeral for a Fiend All About Lisa 20. Gone Maggie Gone The Good, the Sad and the Drugly 21. The Bob Next Door The Color Yellow 22. Donnie Fatso Love is a Many Strangled Thing 23. The Falcon and the D’ohman A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again 24. Hardly Kirk-ing Moonshine River 25. The War of Art What to Expect When Bart’s Expecting 26. Sky Police Let’s Go Fly a Coot 27. Halloween of Horror Lisa With an ‘S’ 28. There Will Be Buds Moho House 29. Springfield Splendor Throw Grampa From the Dane

Blog Entries

He can be a great villain, he really likes Homer and just wants world dominaton.... isn't that something we all want ?

But I really like the idea of Homer becoming a villain, alongside Scorpio, because you know he can't be the MAIN villain. Its a great opportunity to get a lot more screentime with Marge, Bart and Lisa, trying to foil his plans.

I wouldn't mind seeing Scorpio again. Albert Brooks' characters are both annoying and entertaining--there's a fine line.

Blog Entries

I'd rather have Sideshow Bob as the antagonist of the second Simpsons Movie. We could even get a callback with Bob and Bart on a boat, Bart suggesting that Bob sing the HMS Pinafore, and Bob mentioning that it's been done already.

Oh, and another thing I'm hoping to see in the second Simpsons movie is more for the diehard fans. It seems like the first movie was targeted toward general audiences, developing the new Colin character instead of the originally planned Lisa-Milhouse relationship, using Russ Cargill instead of Scorpio, the Moe's sign saying "Moe's Bar," and having the president be Arnold Schwarzenegger (who happens to look and sound identical to Wolfcastle, who is a caricature of Schwarzenegger anyway) instead of Ranier Wolfcastle. I'm not asking for callbacks in every scene or Just Stamp the Ticket Guy playing a major role in the plot, just less one-time characters and less introduction of the Simpson family (which I felt was the sole purpose of the first couple of scenes of the movie).

Blog Entries

the marge video scene is legitimately emotional and probably my favorite part of the movie. i seriously could not believe my eyes when To Be Continued... came up on screen. that was a great tease.

Blog Entries

I also liked the FOX banner advertisement, "That's right, we advertise our TV shows during movies now." When I first watched it in syndication, I thought it was an actual ad.

Blog Entries

oh yea, that joke was funny

it's been a little while since i've seen the movie because of my opinion changing a bit every time i do. maybe a rewatch soon is in order

You Only Move Twice is overrated. It's still good, but nothing outstanding. especially for S8. And the James Bond joke wasn't funny
    S1: The Crepes of Wrath / Homer's Night Out S2: One Fish, Two Fish. Blowfish. Blue Fish / Dancin' Homer S3: Bart the Murderer / The Otto Show S4: Duffless / Selma's Choice S5: Cape Feare / Homer Loves Flanders S6: Treehouse of Horror V / Another Simpsons Clip Show S7: King-Size Homer / Lisa the Vegetarian S8: The Springfield Files / The Canine Mutiny
    Rest after re-watch

I'm baaaack! Patches O'houlihan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Homer's Enemy was a turd of an episode.
    Well, ya'know if you stay positive and forget about trivial things like "proper characterization," "Satire," and "emotional depth" watching new Simpsons episodes can be a seemingly enjoyable lie.

I tried watching a new episode the Simpsons, but I realized the show hit a new low, like a brand new, underground parking structure of sadness.

Blog Entries

Brick Like Me was weak for HD standards, but only due to the Hunger Games parody and Lisa's characterization. The Lego stuff was fantastic.

Blog Entries

My dad's unpopular opinions:

Like me, Homer's Barbershop Quartet is at least in his top 5. And neither of us are even Beatles fans.
    He isn't a fan of The Simpsons Spin-Off Showcase, but he doesn't loathe it like I do.
    The War of Art is his favorite HD episode.
    Days of Future Future is his least favorite episode ever, even worse than Lisa Goes Gaga. (I think some people here will agree)
    He doesn't like future episodes that much - yes, that includes Lisa's Wedding.
    The show started getting bad in season 21, while the classic era ended at season 9. He's fine with seasons 10-20.

wanna live like common people Elliot76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Patches O'houlihan View Post
    Homer's Enemy was a turd of an episode.
    Can you elaborate on why?
    I don't think it's that great either so I'd be interested to hear why you hate it so much?
    "Maybe there is no moral. Maybe it’s just a bunch of stuff that happened."
    - The Simpsons

I'm baaaack! Patches O'houlihan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Elliot74 View Post
    Can you elaborate on why?
    I don't think it's that great either so I'd be interested to hear why you hate it so much?
    I enjoy 'dark' humor, but Homer was too OTT stupid to be tolerable. Yes, Homer was never a smart guy, but compare Homer's behavior to past episodes like Lisa's Pony where he was mildly stupid and never would've drank acid and this episode was kind of an admission Homer is a cartoon character, through and through instead of a satire of a blue collar slob. There was something off with seeing Homer parading his accomplishments in front of Grimes like that.

Blog Entries

For me, the ending just completely pushed it over the edge. When Homer actually falls asleep at Grimes' funeral, and everyone laughs when he blurts out "Marge, change the channel!"... I've always hated that part so much.
    🔮Marianne Williamson 2020🔮

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsAPaddlin View Post
    For me, the ending just completely pushed it over the edge. When Homer actually falls asleep at Grimes' funeral, and everyone laughs when he blurts out "Marge, change the channel!"... I've always hated that part so much.
    That's probably my favorite part. It delves into absurdism more in that scene than in the whole rest of the episode.

Season 4 is the worst season of the classic era. Season 5 is strange, and a bit overrated. Season 7 is not the best season.

Season 4 is not bad at all, but I don't understand for the life of me why it's usually considered the best.
    I'm just like Lisa!
    I'm Lisa, who are you? by The No Homers Club

3F < 2F < 1F < 9F < 8F < 4F < 3G < 7F < 5F < 7G < AABF < BABF < EABF < CABF < FABF < DABF < GABF

Season 4 has the most scary/disturbing scenes out of any season in the whole show. #funfact

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheCool View Post
    Season 4 is not bad at all, but I don't understand for the life of me why it's usually considered the best.
    Because Mr Plow, Homer's Triple Bypass, Duffless, Last Exit to Springfield, Itchy and Scratchy: The Movie, Marge vs the Monorail

Quote Originally Posted by Nitsy View Post
    Season 4 has the most scary/disturbing scenes out of any season in the whole show. #funfact
    Which is...?

Because Mr Plow, Homer's Triple Bypass, Duffless, Last Exit to Springfield, Itchy and Scratchy: The Movie, Marge vs the Monorail
    You missed out Lisa's First Word.

I can understand why people think Season 4 is better than Season 3.

But compared to Seasons 5 - 8...

Season 5 has Homer's Barbershop Quartet, Cape Feare, Homer Goes to College, Rosebud, Treehouse of Horror V, The Last Temptation of Homer, $pringfield, Homer the Vigilante, Homer and Apu, Deep Space Homer, Sweet Seymour Skinner's Baadasssss Song...

Season 6 has Bart of Darkness, Itchy & Scratchy Land, Treehouse of Horror V, Lisa on Ice, Homer Badman, Homer the Great, Bart's Comet, Bart vs. Australia, A Star is Burns, Lisa's Wedding, Two Dozen and One Greyhounds, 'Round Springfield, The Springfield Connection, Lemon of Troy, Who Shot Mr. Burns (Part One)?... (and is the best Season)

Season 7 has Radioactive Man, Home Sweet Homediddly-Dum-Doodily, Bart Sells His Soul, Lisa the Vegetarian, Treehouse of Horror VI, King-Size Homer, Mother Simpson, Bart on the Road, Raging Abe Simpson and His Grumbling Grandson in..., 22 Short Films About Springfield, Summer of 4 Ft. 2...

Season 8 has You Only Move Twice, The Springfield Files, El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer, Simpsoncalifragilisticexpiala(Annoyed Grunt)cious, Homer's Phobia, Homer vs. the Eighteenth Amendment, Homer's Enemy...

Even Season 3 has Bart the Murderer, Flaming Moe's, Burns Verkaufen der Kraftwerk, Radio Bart, Homer at the Bat, Separate Vocations, Dog of Death, Black Widower...

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheCool View Post
    You missed out Lisa's First Word.

I can understand why people think Season 4 is better than Season 3.

But compared to Seasons 5 - 8...

Season 5 has Homer's Barbershop Quartet, Cape Feare, Homer Goes to College, Rosebud, Treehouse of Horror V, The Last Temptation of Homer, $pringfield, Homer the Vigilante, Homer and Apu, Deep Space Homer, Sweet Seymour Skinner's Baadasssss Song...

Season 6 has Bart of Darkness, Itchy & Scratchy Land, Treehouse of Horror V, Lisa on Ice, Homer Badman, Homer the Great, Bart's Comet, Bart vs. Australia, A Star is Burns, Lisa's Wedding, Two Dozen and One Greyhounds, 'Round Springfield, The Springfield Connection, Lemon of Troy, Who Shot Mr. Burns (Part One)?... (and is the best Season)

Season 7 has Radioactive Man, Home Sweet Homediddly-Dum-Doodily, Bart Sells His Soul, Lisa the Vegetarian, Treehouse of Horror VI, King-Size Homer, Mother Simpson, Bart on the Road, Raging Abe Simpson and His Grumbling Grandson in..., 22 Short Films About Springfield, Summer of 4 Ft. 2...

Season 8 has You Only Move Twice, The Springfield Files, El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer, Simpsoncalifragilisticexpiala(Annoyed Grunt)cious, Homer's Phobia, Homer vs. the Eighteenth Amendment, Homer's Enemy...

Even Season 3 has Bart the Murderer, Flaming Moe's, Burns Verkaufen der Kraftwerk, Radio Bart, Homer at the Bat, Separate Vocations, Dog of Death, Black Widower...
    4, 6 and 7 are my favourites for the episodes you pointed out.
    Season 5s list is nothing special to me bar a handful.
    Season 8 is good but not even near 5.

4, 6, 7 > 3 > 5 > 2 > 8 > 1

Which is...?
    Homer's face melting in "Brother from the Same Planet", Bart's heart being ripped out in "New Kid on the Block", that evil clown bed in "Lisa's First Word", Lisa tripping in "Selma's Choice" (also maybe Homer sick from that sandwich)...it's got a lot of disturbing imagery.

Blog Entries

Bart's heart being ripped out still makes me cringe.

oh dear, I say! The Spruce Moose's Avatar
    Blog Entries

My own personal feelings are that Season 4 is more consistent that Season 5 and has more true classic episodes than Season 7, which is why it's superior to both. In terms of best episodes of the season Season 5 possibly comes out on top (Cape Feare, Rosebud, Last Temptation, THOH IV, Deep Space Homer) but for me the average/below average Season 5 episode is weaker than the average Season 4 episode. Season 7 doesn't really have an incredibly weak episode on the other hand, but has less truly classic Greatest of All Time episodes than any of 3-6, while Season 4 has basically the entirety of that run from New Kid on the Block to Last Exit to Springfield, plus Homer the Heretic.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Egg Council Creepy View Post
    Here's FIVE non-rock songs I like:
    Take On Me
    Hello
    Mad World
    Unreal Superhero 3
    Lisa Frank 420/Modern Computing
    So i'm not a rockist

I don't mind guest stars appearing all the time, I actually quite like the way they did it in "Homer at The Bat" and "Krust Gets Kancelled"
    "Trying is the first step to failure" - Homer Simpson
    Simpsons: Best Episode/Worst Episode Per Season
    1:Life On The Fast Lane/The Telltale Head2:One Fish, Two Fish, Blowfish, Blue Fish/Homer VS. Lisa and The 18th Commandment 3:Homer At The Bat/The Otto Show 4:Marge VS. The Monorail/Selma's Choice 5: Cape Feare/Homer and Apu 6:Who Shot Mr.Burns (Part 1)/Bart's Girlfriend 7:Homer The Smithers/ The Simpsons 138th Episode Spectacular 8: Homer VS. The EIghteenth Amendment/Simpsons Spin-Off Showcase 9: The Cartridge Family/All Singing, All Dancing 10:The Wizard of Evergreen Terrace/Homer Simpson in "Kidney Trouble" 11:Missionary: Impossible/It's A Mad Mad Mad Marge 12: Hungry, Hungry Homer/The Great Money Caper 13: I Am Furious (Yellow)/Brawl In The Family 14: The Dad Who Knew Too Little/Break My Wife, Please 15: Simple Simpson/Bart Mangled Banner 16: Thank God It's Doomsday/On A Clear Day I Can't See My Sister 17: Girls Just Wanna Have Sums/Marge and Homer Turn A Couple Play 18: Marge Gamer/The Boys of Bummer 19: Dial 'N' for Nerder/Papa Don't Leech 20: Eeny Teeny Maya Moe/The Burns and The Bees 21: The Bob Next Door/The Greatest Story Ever D'ohed 22: Homer The Father/Elementary School Musical 23: How I Wet Your Mother/Treehouse of Horror XXII 24: The Saga of Carl/Moonshine River 25:Brick Like Me/The Kid is Alright

Season 4, 5, 2, 3 & 7 are better than season 6
    Even the noblest concerto can be stripped of its beauty and soul

I find the Bob Dylan joke in "She Used to Be My Girl" funny. Apparently that one gets a ton of hate.

Blog Entries

I don't remember that joke, but that entire episode is just offensively bad.

Thread Information