Page 13 of 59 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Very unpopular opinions.

(Users Browsing this Thread: Financial Panther)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nitsy View Post
    and it contains one of the worst episodes of all time.
    which is?

Homer and Ned's Hail Mary Pass--feels more like a Season 22 episode than an early-Jean episode.
    "Your tears say more than real evidence ever could."

Blog Entries

I was gonna guess that but I couldn't remember if it was s15 or 16

Kinda like Jesus Financial Panther's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Itchy View Post
    I kinda like Simpsons Safari. Never quite understood why it is so hated.
    I agree. He was kind of a jerk in the beginning, but other than that, it's a pretty funny episode.
    Favorite and least favorite by season
    1. Krusty Gets Busted There’s No Disgrace Like Home 2. Bart Gets an F Dead Putting Society 3. Homer at the Bat Like Father, Like Clown 4. Brother From the Same Planet Krusty Gets Kancelled 5. Cape Feare Lady Bouvier’s Lover 6. Homer Badman Another Simpsons Clip Show 7. King-Size Homer Lisa the Iconoclast 8. Homer’s Enemy El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer 9. Bart Carny The Trouble With Trillions 10. Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo Homer Simpson in: “Kidney Trouble” 11. Guess Who’s Coming to Criticize Dinner? Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder 12. HOMЯ Tennis the Menace 13. Tales From the Public Domain She of Little Faith 14. The Dad Who Knew Too Little Helter Shelter 15. I, Annoyed Grunt)-bot Bart-Mangled Banner 16. A Star is Torn On a Clear Day I Can’t See My Sister 17. My Fair Laddy Bonfire of the Manatees 18. The Haw-Hawed Couple You Kent Always Say What You Want 19. Funeral for a Fiend All About Lisa 20. Gone Maggie Gone The Good, the Sad and the Drugly 21. The Bob Next Door The Color Yellow 22. Donnie Fatso Love is a Many Strangled Thing 23. The Falcon and the D’ohman A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again 24. Hardly Kirk-ing Moonshine River 25. The War of Art What to Expect When Bart’s Expecting 26. Sky Police Let’s Go Fly a Coot 27. Halloween of Horror Lisa With an ‘S’ 28. There Will Be Buds Moho House 29. Springfield Splendor Throw Grampa From the Dane

Blog Entries

I'm surprised "27" gets so much love here.

As a girl who didn't find out until college that she had dyscalculia, all thanks to horrible "well girls are just bad at math" thinking from teachers, "Girls Just Want to Have Sums" deeply irritates me.
    🔮Marianne Williamson 2020🔮

Blog Entries

"Twenty-seven" and "clever" don't go together. It's not supposed to be a well-thought out, intelligent joke. It's just really out there and random, and for me, that's what makes it so funny.

7. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Nitsy

Banned
    Blog Entries

When I think of clever jokes, I think of stuff like Guy Incognito, Joey Jojo Jr. Shabadoo, etc. They're clever in their absurdity. I don't think of deep, intelligent jokes that are pretty much non-existent anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by pkkao View Post
    "Twenty-seven" and "clever" don't go together. It's not supposed to be a well-thought out, intelligent joke. It's just really out there and random, and for me, that's what makes it so funny.
    Agreed. But I'm starting to think it might be one of the polarizing jokes in the show and that's pretty interesting considering it's less than a second long

Blog Entries

sometimes the adorableness of the loveable, giddy Homer from the mid-classic era can come off a bit heavy-handed, although always miles better than jerkass homer and whatever homer we have today.

also I find myself always feeling not so prepared for the transformation the show takes in the classic era from each showrunning era with it's flexible universe and the tone changes, but then end up regretting any mixed reaction I have once I get to the scully era and onwards. I end up pining for what I couldn't appreciate beforehand. It makes me wonder what my overall opinion would be of the show had it ended after season 8 or 9. I mean obviously it would still be that the show is fantastic, but like Seinfeld, I would still be aware of how the show changes over time even if the quality is sustained.

Blog Entries

A clever but absurd joke to me is something like the "Peter Porter" joke from Who Shot Mr. Burns? (Part One). It's absurd in every way, but the alliterations and how they're written make the joke more intelligent than, say, "27."

Blog Entries

haven't we already established "27" isn't intelligent? it's not, nor is anyone saying "Man, that joke where that number said 27 sure was one of the smartest jokes I've seen." people find it funny because it's random and out-there; intelligence has nothing to do with it

A Lonely, Insignificant Speck Insanity Pepper's Avatar
    A Has-Been Planet Orbited by a Cold, Indifferent Sun

Quote Originally Posted by Nitsy View Post
    Yeah, I'm not so clear on what you guys mean by "ass-kissing a celebrity". Any episode where the guest star plays themselves and is a central part of the episode could potentially come off as ass-kissing, because they're not going to be making much fun of them if they are a huge part of the episode.
    I just wish they wouldn't write episodes at all in which guests stars playing themselves have a significant role...

Quote Originally Posted by Insanity Pepper View Post
    I just wish they wouldn't write episodes at all in which guests stars playing themselves have a significant role...
    Agreed. I don't think any of the episodes like that are very good. Just a gimmick to attract viewers.

But I also feel the same way about having another show interpolated into The Simpsons, like with Homeland and 24. Although the 24 episode was pulled off very well, it's one of my least favorite plot types in general.

I like Jerkass Homer. One of my top two characterizations for Homer.

Blog Entries

I like Homer's whisper voice.

Me too. Makes me laugh every time he does it.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorMcGann View Post
    I like Jerkass Homer. One of my top two characterizations for Homer.
    why

I find it hilarious. Don't know exactly what else to say about it.

Banned
    Blog Entries

So you found the scene in "Angry Dad: The Movie" where Homer's screaming at the top of his voice and knocking things over hilarious?

vs. Radioactive Man Captain Squid's Avatar

I enjoyed "The Fool Monty", it was fun seeing the town exact revenge on Burns and I liked the E.T. gags and the glazed over look Burns had when he was out of it. I also liked the reference to The Simpsons Movie.
    UP AND ATOM!

Blog Entries

- I want a second Simpsons movie. So when is the next movie???

- I want to see Eric Cartman interacting with the Simpsons family. Seriously who wouldn't?

- I want to see more of Hank Scorpio

- I'm not sure if I want a Futurama crossover

- I'm a sucker for flashback episodes, not so much for future episodes.
    Episodes rated best and worst from each season:
    1: Krusty Gets Busted/Homer's Night Out 2: The Way We Was/Bart's Dog Gets an F 3: Colonel Homer/Dog of Death 4: Marge vs. The Monorail/So It's Come to This: A Simpsons Clip Show 5: Cape Feare/Bart Gets An Elephant 6: Treehouse of Horror V/Another Simpsons Clip Show 7: Mother Simpson/Homerpalooza 8: You Only Move Twice/The Canine Mutiny 9: Lisa's Sax/The Two Mrs. Nahasapeemapetilons 10: Lisa Gets an A/Sunday Cruddy Sunday 11: Behind The Laughter/Beyond Blunderdome 12: Trilogy of Error/The Computer Wore Menace Shoes 13: I Am Furious Yellow/Homer the Moe 14: The Dad Who Knew Too Little/Large Marge 15: The Way We Weren't/Diatribe of a Mad Housewife 16: Thank God Its Doomsday/Mommie Beerest 17: Marge's Son Poisoning/Bonfire of the Manatees 18: Marge Gamer/Revenge is Best Served Three Times 19: Treehouse of Horror XVIII/That 90's Show 20: Gone Maggie Gone/Coming To Homerica 21: O Brother, Where Bart thou?/The Devil Wears Nada 22: Homer Scissorhands/The Fool Monty 23: Holidays of Future Passed/Moe Goes From Rags To Riches 24: Adventures In Baby-Getting/Whiskey Business 25: Brick Like Me/White Christmas Blues 26: Bart's New Friend/The Musk Who Fell to Earth 27: Halloween of Horror/Every Man's Dream 28: There Will Be Buds/Moho House 29: Gone Boy/Throw Grampa from the Dane

Quote Originally Posted by the science is carl View Post
    So you found the scene in "Angry Dad: The Movie" where Homer's screaming at the top of his voice and knocking things over hilarious?
    I can't remember that scene, but I did like the overall episode.

the protagonist of reality Two Guys, a Girl, and a kat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I don't like the movie at all.
    I also don't like Hank Scorpio.
    I find the flashback/forward episodes almost unwatchable. (aside from Lisa's Wedding)
    And I would rather watch Season 18 than Season 9

Blog Entries

Hank Scorpio was a meh character, and I don't see why people consider him to be the best one-time character ever.

wanna live like common people Elliot76's Avatar

The movie completely met my expectations and is brilliant and hilarious.
    The Classic Era has pacing flaws in several sections that I feel were only ironed out at Season 6/7 which is also why I consider them the best seasons.
    Season 18 was awesome.
    The HD Era isn't bad, just forgettable.
    Rosebud is just another great episode and nothing more.
    After "The Itchy and Scratchy and Pootchie Show", the show was never quite as good again.
    Mother Simpson is legitimately just an "eh" episode except for the final 3 minutes. Could be a Season 15.
    "Maybe there is no moral. Maybe it’s just a bunch of stuff that happened."
    - The Simpsons

Tell Us What it Am SchmatisfiedHomer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Elliot74 View Post
    The movie completely met my expectations and is brilliant and hilarious.
    People disliked the movie? I loved the movie.
    My Favorite Episodes: Homer's Barbershop Quartet, Itchy and Scratchy Land, Homer and Apu, Burns' Heir, and Rosebud.
    My Least Favorite Episodes: Elementary School Musical, Lisa Goes Gaga, Kill the Alligator and Run, Saddleshore Galactica, and The Ten-Per-Cent Solution.
    "Kids, kids, you tried your best, and you failed miserably. The lesson is...never try." ~Homer Simpson
    "I just think they're neat." ~Marge Simpson on potatoes
    "If anyone needs me, I'll be in my room." ~Lisa Simpson and her "catchphrase"
    "Why did you leave me here when I clearly need medical attention?" ~Bart Simpson on Lisa thinking love can heal him
    "(suck, suck)" Maggie Simpson

Blog Entries

Me too. Apparently now it's cool to dislike it, even though people here raved about it when it came out.

29. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Elliot76

Blog Entries

The movie is the best thing that came after the classic era.

Blog Entries

Yeah, probably. It has some competition from the very best of the best episodes in the seasons following it, like The Bob Next Door and The Falcon and the D'ohman, but I'd say it's probably at the top of the heap.

Blog Entries

first time i saw it i loved it but the more i rewatch it the more i dislike it. it's a solid 3/5 from me if there ever was one

Thread Information