Page 12 of 59 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Very unpopular opinions.

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Junior Camper

Apu is not a great character, not saying he's bad or anything, he's just someone I don't find particularly funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Fit Fat Tony View Post
    I consider The Computer Wore Menace Shoes to be one of the best of Season 12.
    I've always loved The Computer Wore Menace Shoes. And I've always liked the third act, as wacky as it is.
    "Your tears say more than real evidence ever could."

3. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Sector #7G

Blog Entries

- I don't think the Scully era is that bad, I actually start to appreciate it more and more as time goes.

- I think Jean did a decent job with season 13-16 but he should've stepped down by then.

- I don't think season 4 is that great.

- I don't appreciate season 14 like most people do, it contains so many bad episodes and hardly anything good.

- Lisa episodes in the Jean era are 99% of the time terrible.

- I don't mind the quality of animation at all, I can enjoy the animation of a season 1 episode just as much as from season 25. But I hate when characters are so stale.

- I HATE episodes where they keep kissing the ass of a celeberty, like Beyond Blunderdome, Homer Simpson This is Your Wife and Lisa Goes Gaga.

- I don't want couch gags to last way too long, no matter how good they are. I just want the episode to be longer and better.
    Last edited by Kaine; 07-07-2014 at 01:23 PM.
    Episodes rated best and worst from each season:
    1: Krusty Gets Busted/Homer's Night Out 2: The Way We Was/Bart's Dog Gets an F 3: Colonel Homer/Dog of Death 4: Marge vs. The Monorail/So It's Come to This: A Simpsons Clip Show 5: Cape Feare/Bart Gets An Elephant 6: Treehouse of Horror V/Another Simpsons Clip Show 7: Mother Simpson/Homerpalooza 8: You Only Move Twice/The Canine Mutiny 9: Lisa's Sax/The Two Mrs. Nahasapeemapetilons 10: Lisa Gets an A/Sunday Cruddy Sunday 11: Behind The Laughter/Beyond Blunderdome 12: Trilogy of Error/The Computer Wore Menace Shoes 13: I Am Furious Yellow/Homer the Moe 14: The Dad Who Knew Too Little/Large Marge 15: The Way We Weren't/Diatribe of a Mad Housewife 16: Thank God Its Doomsday/Mommie Beerest 17: Marge's Son Poisoning/Bonfire of the Manatees 18: Marge Gamer/Revenge is Best Served Three Times 19: Treehouse of Horror XVIII/That 90's Show 20: Gone Maggie Gone/Coming To Homerica 21: O Brother, Where Bart thou?/The Devil Wears Nada 22: Homer Scissorhands/The Fool Monty 23: Holidays of Future Passed/Moe Goes From Rags To Riches 24: Adventures In Baby-Getting/Whiskey Business 25: Brick Like Me/White Christmas Blues 26: Bart's New Friend/The Musk Who Fell to Earth 27: Halloween of Horror/Every Man's Dream 28: There Will Be Buds/Moho House 29: Gone Boy/Throw Grampa from the Dane

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kaine View Post
    - I HATE episodes where they keep kissing the ass of a celeberty, like Beyond Blunderdome, Take My Wife Please and Lisa Goes Gaga.

Blog Entries

Well in Lisa Goes Gaga's case, they kissed her lips...... with Marge.......

Banned
    Blog Entries

That's not a controversial opinion at all...

Blog Entries

I like season 14, and yes, that includes episodes like Large Marge, Three Gays of the Condo, Brake My Wife, Please, and Special Edna. The only stinker in the bunch is Helter Shelter.
    Likewise with season 15, which only has Bart-Mangled Banner in the "below average" category.
    Sideshow Bob episodes are still fine. The Bob Next Door and Funeral for a Fiend were the best of their respective seasons.
    I hate guest stars appearing as themselves, unless 1) their appearance was really brief, and 2) their appearance was funny. Leonard Nimoy in The Springfield Files was fine, but Michelle Obama in Stealing First Base (she didn't even play herself...) was not.
    I'm totally fine with HD-era animation, and I don't even care if they keep the animation like this until the end of the series. The classic era animation did look more fluid, but the bright colors and the polished style of the HD animation is eye-pleasing too.
    The songwriting on the show is still really strong, and sometimes on par with the classic era. The lyrics were really strange, but "Let Them Play!" from What to Expect When Bart's Expecting had great parody music. The Skinner Western music from Yellow Subterfuge and the Homeland parody music cues from Homerland were also strong.
    I think season 11 is my third-least favorite season of the show, only slightly ahead of the abysmal seasons 21 and 22. Season 11 was funny, but it also broke so much of the classic era's spirit I don't know where to begin. Killing off Maude Flanders in an episode that was a total waste of potential, removing Barney's defining quality by making him sober, not killing the alligator in KILL the Alligator and Run, etc.
    I'm okay with season 23. It does have some of the worst episodes of the show, but there's a fair share of above-average episodes to balance that out.
    It probably won't happen, but I'm of the thinking that The Simpsons still has the potential to be good again (seasons 13-16 good, that is).
    The Simpsons Spin-Off Showcase is absolute garbage and easily the worst episode of the classic era, if not the worst of the entire series.
    Not only am I fine with clip shows, I don't mind watching them at all. The clips were funny in their original episodes, so why shouldn't they be funny here?
    There are a lot of post-classic episodes that feel straight from the classic era: Moe Baby Blues, Fraudcast News, The President Wore Pearls, Treehouse of Horror XIII, The Bob Next Door (minus the face-switching idea), (well, maybe from seasons 13-16) Dangers on a Train, Brick Like Me (minus the LEGO promotional gimmick).
    Last edited by pilcrow; 07-07-2014 at 01:15 PM.

A Lonely, Insignificant Speck Insanity Pepper's Avatar
    A Has-Been Planet Orbited by a Cold, Indifferent Sun

Quote Originally Posted by Kaine View Post
    - I HATE episodes where they keep kissing the ass of a celeberty, like Beyond Blunderdome, Take My Wife Please and Lisa Goes Gaga.
    Which episode is Take My Wife Please? (I completely agree with this, by the way.)

Also, I agree with a lot of what you said, pkkao (not everything, though).

Banned
    Blog Entries

Probably Brake My Wife, Please, as that episode has two appearances from celebrities guest starring as themselves, including one that resolves the plot.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Insanity Pepper View Post
    Which episode is Take My Wife Please? (I completely agree with this, by the way.)

Also, I agree with a lot of what you said, pkkao (not everything, though).
    I made a mistake, its actually Homer Simpson This is Your Wife

Banned
    Blog Entries

I don't think that episode is ass-kissy. Gervais pretty much plays his usual awkward character in it.

Yeah, I'm not so clear on what you guys mean by "ass-kissing a celebrity". Any episode where the guest star plays themselves and is a central part of the episode could potentially come off as ass-kissing, because they're not going to be making much fun of them if they are a huge part of the episode.

Blog Entries

I'd gladly take an episode where Lady Gaga is made fun of over an episode where Lady Gaga is some sort of god in the Simpsons universe that has psychic powers.

Blog Entries

Alright, here:
    I think the people calling for the show to be cancelled are immature as hell.
    Same with the people arguing that the show is completely terrible and worthless now, that their opinion on this matter is the only correct one, and anyone who currently likes it is some kind of tasteless idiot. (Please note the distinction!)

Season 24 has been the best HD season so far.

Since this episode was mentioned earlier: I really like "Them, Robot". Homer doing "chair gondola", getting zapped while being Jerkass Homer (how satisfying was that? ), painting a new walk-line out to the baseball field... lots of good stuff in there.

I hate when people complain about the "liberal agenda" of The Simpsons.

I hate when people complain that Lisa is "a liberal mouthpiece for the show".

I would totally drive Homer's "Car of the Future". It's pretty fabulous.

🔮Marianne Williamson 2020🔮

I challenge you to say "I agree with your list" after this post, and to actually believe it

- Kill the Alligator and Run is a very good episode.
    - Lisa Goes Gaga isn't in the bottom 5 episodes ever (okay, bottom 10, perhaps !)
    - Krusty Gets Kancelled is very bad.
    - El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer (The Mysterious Voyage of Our Homer) and SimpsonCallithing are both bad episodes from the classic era.
    - Lisa's Substitute and Homer's Barbershop Quartet are poor.
    - You Only Move Twice and Homer's Phobia aren't great episodes.
    - The Italian Bob is far from being the worst sideshow bob episode ever and is actually good.
    - All trilogy Episodes are all good or great (except "four regrettings").
    - The Last of the Red Hat Mamas is a great episode from Season 17.
    - Homerland is good.
    - A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again is one of the best post-classic episodes with THE best use for a future scene.
    - I Am Furious Yellow is just "not bad" and just above the average of its season.
    - But, The Parent Rap, The Blunder Years and Little Girl in the Big Ten are the best episodes of Season 13 (with Half-Decent)
    - The third segment of The Fight Before Christmas is good.
    - At Long Last Leave is the best "hundred special" episode.
    - "Modern Bart" doesn't exist : Bart is still the same.
    - Maggie is the best Simpson.
    - Lisa is one of the characters that does have the best centrics, with Moe.
    - Speaking of which, "They have the power, but we have the plant" and " I may be the new girl but you can't brainwash me" from Last Exit and The President Wore Pearls are the two best songs of the show.
    - The powerplant and the school are, to this date, the two best sets for an episode.
    - The "TWENTY-SEVEN !" line in "Girl Just Want to have Sum" is the best line ever.
    - I love the Judge Constance.
    - I don't think There's Something About Marrying is really offensive for gays.
    - Tim Long can write good episodes... sometimes.
    - Season 20 isn't one of the good Jean season.
    - Season 23 is the best post-season 16 season.
    - Season 1 isn't classic by quality.
    - Every episode from seasons 2-8 isn't better than every episode from seasons 11-25.
    - Good episodes still outnumbered the bad ones from season 1 to season 24.
    - The series should last forever.
    Currently re-watching all of the show, from Season 26 backwards. So far :
    Seasons Ranking : 23 > 26 > 22 > 24 > 25

Best and Worst from each season :
    S21 (so far) : The Devil Wears Nada / None so far..
    S22- Angry Dad: The Movie / How Munched is That Birdie in the Window?.
    S23- Holidays of Future Passed / Moe Goes From Rags To Riches.
    S24- A Test Before Trying / Love is a Many-Splintered Thing.
    S25- Brick Like Me / What to Expect When Bart's Expecting.
    S26- I Won't Be Home For Christmas / The Man Who Came to Be Dinner.

^I agree with 5 of those. Guess which ones

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Galaxeon View Post
    I challenge you to say "I agree with your list" after this post, and to actually believe it
    - The Italian Bob is far from being the worst sideshow bob episode ever and is actually good. It's the worst Bob episode, but it's still pretty good.
    - Homerland is good.
    - A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again is one of the best post-classic episodes with THE best use for a future scene.
    - The powerplant and the school are, to this date, the two best sets for an episode.
    - The "TWENTY-SEVEN !" line in "Girl Just Want to have Sum" is the best line ever. Not the best line, but it's up there.
    - I love the Judge Constance. She's an ass, but a well-written one.
    - Tim Long can write good episodes... sometimes. Desperately Xeeking Xena, Skinner's Sense of Snow, Half-Decent Proposal, Bart vs. Lisa vs. the Third Grade, Brake My Wife, Please, Mobile Homer, Homer and Lisa Exchange Cross Words, and MoneyBART are all above-average for him. Still the worst writer of the show, though, because his bad episodes aren't just bad; they are the some of the worst of the entire show.
    - Season 23 is the best post-season 16 season. Nope, but I like it much more than a lot of other people.
    - Every episode from seasons 2-8 isn't better than every episode from seasons 11-25. Totally agree with this. For instance, about 500+ episodes of the show are better than The Simpsons Spin-Off Showcase.
    - Good episodes still outnumbered the bad ones from season 1 to season 24. The only seasons where it was the other way around were seasons 11 and 21. Otherwise, sometimes the mediocre far outweighs the good, but not the bad.
    - The series should last forever. Long time, but not forever. I'd hate it if others replaced the original 6 voice actors after their retirement/other.

I'd hate it if others replaced the original 6 voice actors after their retirement/other.
    That has already been done in other countries and honestly it was weird but I think everyone can get used to it if it's not the six of a sudden

Kinda like Jesus Financial Panther's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Galaxeon
    - Kill the Alligator and Run is a very good episode.
    Not really. C- for me.

- Lisa Goes Gaga isn't in the bottom 5 episodes ever (okay, bottom 10, perhaps !)
    Almost. Maybe bottom 15.

- Krusty Gets Kancelled is very bad.
    Yeah, worst of season 4. Too much dependence on guest stars.

- El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer (The Mysterious Voyage of Our Homer) and SimpsonCallithing are both bad episodes from the classic era.
    Agree about El Viaje. Too far-out for me, and the main conflict (who is Homer's soulmate?) is easy to see the resolution to. But Simpsoncali... is awesome. Best songs in the show.

- Lisa's Substitute and Homer's Barbershop Quartet are poor.
    Lisa's Substitute has grown on me, although it could use more humor. I'm not a big fan of Homer's Barbershop Quartet either. One of the weakest of season five.

- You Only Move Twice and Homer's Phobia aren't great episodes.
    Agreed. You Only Move Twice is good, but doesn't stand out. I don't care for the homophobic elements of Homer's Phobia.

- The Italian Bob is far from being the worst sideshow bob episode ever and is actually good.
    No, I'd say it's the worst. The idea of giving him a family was terrible, and I wanted to murder that little kid because he was so annoying.

Not a huge fan of The Wettest Stories Ever Told and Revenge Is a Dish Best Served Three Times, but I like all the others, including Four Regrettings and a Funeral.

- The Last of the Red Hat Mamas is a great episode from Season 17.
    Nah. Mediocre.

- Homerland is good
    It's decent.

ABSOLUTELY NOT. Horrible, horrible episode.

- I Am Furious Yellow is just "not bad" and just above the average of its season.
    I'd say it's pretty far above-average and deserves the praise it gets.

- But, The Parent Rap, The Blunder Years and Little Girl in the Big Ten are the best episodes of Season 13 (with Half-Decent)
    Little Girl in the Big Ten and Half-Decent Proposal are good episodes, but neither are the best of season 13 (That's Tales From the Public Domain). The Parent Rap and The Blunder Years are adequate.

- The third segment of The Fight Before Christmas is good.
    All of the segments are bad.

- At Long Last Leave is the best "hundred special" episode.
    No, Trash of the Titans is.

- "Modern Bart" doesn't exist : Bart is still the same.
    Oh no. He's changed the most. He's just a wuss now.

- Maggie is the best Simpson.
    I'd say Lisa.

- Lisa is one of the characters that does have the best centrics, with Moe
    Centrics?

"They have the plant, but we have the power" and "I may be the new girl but you can't brainwash me" are my two favorite songs of the show.
    Those are okay. I'd go with "See My Vest" and the song Bart and Lisa sing about looking for a nanny.

I don't know. They're as good as any other for me.

- The "TWENTY-SEVEN !" line in "Girl Just Want to have Sum" is the best line ever.
    Good line, but mine is "BARTDOYOUWANTSOMEBROWNIESBEFOREYOUGOTOBED?!"

- I love the Judge Constance.
    She's okay. Snyder is better.

I didn't think people thought that.

- Tim Long can write good episodes... sometimes.
    Yeah, sometimes. Mostly his earlier ones. I like Simpsons Bible Stories, Saddlesore Galactica, Skinner's Sense of Snow, Half-Decent Proposal, Brake My Wife, Please, Mobile Homer, and MoneyBART,

- Season 20 isn't one of the good Jean season.
    I agree. Gone Maggie Gone is its only true standout.

- Season 23 is the best post-season 16 season.
    22 for me.

- Season 1 isn't classic by quality.
    Completely agree.

- Every episode from seasons 2-8 isn't better than every episode from seasons 11-25.
    Agree again.

- Good episodes still outnumbered the bad ones from season 1 to season 24.
    Agree again.

- The series should last forever.
    Have mixed feelings about this. I don't want the show to end, but after the death of Wallace, I realized that the actors aren't invincible. I'd rather them have a final episode to wrap everything up than a forced final episode due to the death of a main cast member. So I want them to continue the show as long the actors are in decent health.
    Favorite and least favorite by season
    1. Krusty Gets Busted There’s No Disgrace Like Home 2. Bart Gets an F Dead Putting Society 3. Homer at the Bat Like Father, Like Clown 4. Brother From the Same Planet Krusty Gets Kancelled 5. Cape Feare Lady Bouvier’s Lover 6. Homer Badman Another Simpsons Clip Show 7. King-Size Homer Lisa the Iconoclast 8. Homer’s Enemy El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer 9. Bart Carny The Trouble With Trillions 10. Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo Homer Simpson in: “Kidney Trouble” 11. Guess Who’s Coming to Criticize Dinner? Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder 12. HOMЯ Tennis the Menace 13. Tales From the Public Domain She of Little Faith 14. The Dad Who Knew Too Little Helter Shelter 15. I, Annoyed Grunt)-bot Bart-Mangled Banner 16. A Star is Torn On a Clear Day I Can’t See My Sister 17. My Fair Laddy Bonfire of the Manatees 18. The Haw-Hawed Couple You Kent Always Say What You Want 19. Funeral for a Fiend All About Lisa 20. Gone Maggie Gone The Good, the Sad and the Drugly 21. The Bob Next Door The Color Yellow 22. Donnie Fatso Love is a Many Strangled Thing 23. The Falcon and the D’ohman A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again 24. Hardly Kirk-ing Moonshine River 25. The War of Art What to Expect When Bart’s Expecting 26. Sky Police Let’s Go Fly a Coot 27. Halloween of Horror Lisa With an ‘S’ 28. There Will Be Buds Moho House 29. Springfield Splendor Throw Grampa From the Dane

I don't like "we put the spring in Springfield"

Not a huge fan of The Wettest Stories Ever Told and Revenge Is a Dish Best Served Three Times, but I like all the others, including Four Regrettings and a Funeral.
    Ah, well, I didn't see Season 18 so I can't tell very much for Dish Best Served.
    And I'm just half way through Season 17, I didn't know there were another trilogy episode... ? That's a bit odd since there are some seasons without any proper trilogy episode. Well I'm going to see Wettest very soon and I'll tell my verdict !

I didn't think people thought that [about There's Something in Marrying]
    That's what I've seen in some topics. Anyway I liked the message in it.

Homerland is decent.
    True, I rank it 6.5/10. Still, for Season 25, it can be considered "good" and in fact, it's in my top 5, with the Selman's and Married to the Blob...

ABSOLUTELY NOT. Horrible, horrible episode.
    Yeah I've seen this in your sign and I don't quite understand, so this is my chance to ask you : the episode is funny, the plotting is great, the episode is silly but this silliness and the overall tone served quite well the chacaters and the story, for once it's just a Simpson child who wants to travel with his family and it's not a stupid pretext to go in Australia or in Brazile, I don't remember any bad characterized simpson, there are some touching moments and the jokes are here, and even if the fourth act in Antarctica isn't really as good as the rest, the last scene is great, so : why don't you like it ? I don't see many people who hate it.
    And Bart is actually a both a smart ass and a child who then really cares about his family, it's a "classic" Bart, it's really our Bart portrayed here...

Centrics?
    Oh I though this word was used here. It's like a character centric episode, when an episode is centered around a single character, like Married to the Blob and CBG. Moe got many good ones (Flaming Moe's, Pygmoelian, Moe Baby Blues, Eeny Teeny Maya Moe, Moe Letter Blues...) and no bad one. Marge's centrics are mostly not praised because the character is underappreciated, but I like many Lisa's centrics that are underrated (you've quoted MoneyBART that I like).

Good line, but mine is "BARTDOYOUWANTSOMEBROWNIESBEFOREYOUGOTOBED?!"
    Is this from Cape Feare ?

Another unpopular opinion : What to Expect When Bart's Expecting is THE worst episode ever I've ever seen ever never. I know it's not getting any praise but I see many people who said "it's just forgettable, it's not offensive" and it got many 3/5s in the R&R thread and honestly, it's weird. It's the only episode I could give a 0.

Also, I don't know what is the "regular" opinion on it but : I loved the Banksy couch gag.

I don't like "we put the spring in Springfield"
    I liked the song itself but I didn't like how it's the miracle solution to the plot.
    Last edited by Galaxeon; 07-07-2014 at 11:43 PM.

I kinda like Simpsons Safari. Never quite understood why it is so hated.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Okay then i take on your challange.

[QUOTE=Galaxeon;3429457]I challenge you to say "I agree with your list" after this post, and to actually believe it

- Kill the Alligator and Run is a very good episode-Um nah......
    - Lisa Goes Gaga isn't in the bottom 5 episodes ever (okay, bottom 10, perhaps !)-Itīs a horrible episode but it dosenīt quite make my bottom 10 but itīs most likely a bottom 20 episode.
    - Krusty Gets Kancelled is very bad-Not my favorite episode but i think itīs really funny.
    - El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer (The Mysterious Voyage of Our Homer) and SimpsonCallithing are both bad episodes from the classic era-I agree El Viaje is slightly overrated but i still love it. Predictable plot but good humor and awesome animation. I consider Simpsoncali a masterpiece I admit it dosenīt have the strongest plot but it has some of the best songs and parodies on the show ever.
    - Lisa's Substitute and Homer's Barbershop Quartet are poor-I donīt know if i love Barbershop Quartet as much as i used to but itīs still a classic. Lisaīs Substitute is probably slightly overrated since there are better emotional episodes but the emotion is still great in this episode and i actually find it funny.
    - You Only Move Twice and Homer's Phobia aren't great episodes-I donīt care much for the ending of Homerīs Phobia but the rest is great. (The steel meel scene might be one of my favorite jokes in the series). You Only Move Twice is a true masterpiece and my favorite of season 8.
    - The Italian Bob is far from being the worst sideshow bob episode ever and is actually good-Nah i hate that one. Bobīs family wasenīt needed and the Vendetta running gag was horrible and overall itīs a very wacky and dull episode.
    - All trilogy Episodes are all good or great (except "four regrettings")-I find most of them meh but on the other hand i donīt mind them existing. The Wettiest Stories Ever Told and Four Great Woman And A Manicure are both pretty bad though.
    - The Last of the Red Hat Mamas is a great episode from Season 17-Another average season 17 outing.
    - Homerland is good-Compared to other hd-episodes i suppose so but on itīs own not really.
    - A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again is one of the best post-classic episodes with THE best use for a future scene-I donīt hate it but itīs quite dull. Itīs not even anywhere near the best hd-episode.
    - I Am Furious Yellow is just "not bad" and just above the average of its season-Donīt love it as much as i used to but i find it to be a pretty hilarious episode.
    - But, The Parent Rap, The Blunder Years and Little Girl in the Big Ten are the best episodes of Season 13 (with Half-Decent)-Half Decent and Big Ten are both probably my favorites of season 13 but i dislike The Parent Rap and The Blunder Years.
    - The third segment of The Fight Before Christmas is good-Donīt hate it as much as others do but itīs medicore.
    - At Long Last Leave is the best "hundred special" episode-One of the better episodes of season 23 but Seymour Skinners Badass Song is much better.
    - "Modern Bart" doesn't exist : Bart is still the same-Nah. He is a very bland and boring character in the hd-era.
    - Maggie is the best Simpson-Well she is probably the best one in the hd-seasons but overall itīs Homer or Lisa.
    - Lisa is one of the characters that does have the best centrics, with Moe-I donīt know about this one so i choosed not to comment on it.
    - Speaking of which, "They have the power, but we have the plant" and " I may be the new girl but you can't brainwash me" from Last Exit and The President Wore Pearls are the two best songs of the show-I agree that the Last Exit one is one of the best ones but i donīt think i can call The President Wore Pearls one of the best songs in the show althought itīs still good.
    - The powerplant and the school are, to this date, the two best sets for an episode-Depends on. They are pretty much like any other scene.
    - The "TWENTY-SEVEN !" line in "Girl Just Want to have Sum" is the best line ever-Nah thatīs a good one but there are much better Simpsons lines out there.
    - I love the Judge Constance-Average character i donīt love her but i donīt hate her either.
    - I don't think There's Something About Marrying is really offensive for gays-Didinīt know people thought of that episode that way but i agree that for the most part it isinīt offensive for gay people.
    - Tim Long can write good episodes... sometimes-Agree. He has several awful episodes but he has also written some good episodes.
    - Season 20 isn't one of the good Jean season-I agree. It dosenīt hold a candle against 13-16 and is worse then 19 by a pretty large amount and is a little worse then 22 aswell.
    - Season 23 is the best post-season 16 season-Season 19 for me. Season 23 is my third least favorite next to 21 and 24. The other half is decent by hd-standars but the other half is terrible.
    - Season 1 isn't classic by quality-In terms of quality season 1 is a a weak classic much like 9.
    - Every episode from seasons 2-8 isn't better than every episode from seasons 11-25-Agreed. I prefer several post-classics over the weakest of those seasons.
    - Good episodes still outnumbered the bad ones from season 1 to season 24-The seasons where the bad episodes outnumbered the rest for me where 11,18,21,23,24.
    - The series should last forever-I wouldnīt mind if it went on for a long time further but it should definetly not last forever since the actors arenīt invienceble. I would hate if they decided to replace the characters with different voice actors.
    Last edited by Jerkass Homer; 07-08-2014 at 01:37 AM.

The Computer Wore Menace Shoes is one of my all-time favorite episodes
    S1: The Crepes of Wrath / Homer's Night Out S2: One Fish, Two Fish. Blowfish. Blue Fish / Dancin' Homer S3: Bart the Murderer / The Otto Show S4: Duffless / Selma's Choice S5: Cape Feare / Homer Loves Flanders S6: Treehouse of Horror V / Another Simpsons Clip Show S7: King-Size Homer / Lisa the Vegetarian S8: The Springfield Files / The Canine Mutiny
    Rest after re-watch

26. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Nitsy

Blog Entries

I hate the "TWENTY-SEVEN" line.
    Season 1: The humble beginnings -- Seasons 2-8: The classic era -- Season 9: The first season where noticeable flaws began to appear -- Season 10: The last decent season -- Season 11: The first BAD season -- Season 12: The last season with episodes worth watching -- Seasons 13-Present: Zombie Simpsons

Banned
    Blog Entries

It's a decent gag, but it's not anywhere near as clever as people say it is.

Blog Entries

I've never thought it was funny

30. Thumbs Up To This Post by: LukeMM95

I always thought it was funny, but I don't think "clever" is the right word to describe it. Just unexpected and off-the-wall.

OP: I think my new unpopular opinion is that Season 16 is the most overrated season in the whole series. Nothing stands out to me in it and it contains one of the worst episodes of all time. I don't see why it is so praised.
    Last edited by Nitsy; 07-08-2014 at 08:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Itchy View Post
    I kinda like Simpsons Safari. Never quite understood why it is so hated.
    I like it until the third act. I like their wacky adventure in Africa, but I don't care for the whole "diamonds" thing at the end--it just gets too silly and weird.

Kinda like Jesus Financial Panther's Avatar
    Blog Entries

@Galaxeon, you can read this page of the Debate Club where I laid out exactly why I hate A Totally Fun Thing...

http://www.nohomers.net/showthread.p...ate-Club/page4

Thread Information