Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Least Humorous Simpsons episode you've watched?

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Least Humorous Simpsons episode you've watched?

My vote for this goes to "The Miseducation of Lisa Simpson", as I don't recall laughing much when watching the episode, although since I haven't watched any other episode of Season 31, and barely any episodes between Season 16 and Season 30 for that matter, there may well be even worse episodes out there where people would have to work hard to crack a smile when watching the episode.

Which Simpsons episode is the least humorous episode of all, in your opinion?

Needs attention Financial Panther's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The Color Yellow. I think they just forgot to put jokes in.
    Favorite and least favorite by season
    1. Life on the Fast Lane Homer’s Night Out 2. Bart Gets an F Dead Putting Society 3. Homer at the Bat Like Father, Like Clown 4. Brother From the Same Planet Krusty Gets Kancelled 5. Cape Feare Lady Bouvier’s Lover 6. Homer Badman Another Simpsons Clip Show 7. King-Size Homer Lisa the Iconoclast 8. Homer’s Enemy The Simpsons Spin-Off Showcase 9. Bart Carny The Trouble With Trillions 10. Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo Homer Simpson in: “Kidney Trouble” 11. Guess Who’s Coming to Criticize Dinner? Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder 12. HOMЯ Tennis the Menace 13. Tales From the Public Domain She of Little Faith 14. The Dad Who Knew Too Little Helter Shelter 15. I, (Annoyed Grunt)-bot Bart-Mangled Banner 16. A Star is Torn On a Clear Day I Can’t See My Sister 17. My Fair Laddy Bonfire of the Manatees 18. The Haw-Hawed Couple You Kent Always Say What You Want 19. Eternal Moonshine of the Simpson Mind All About Lisa 20. Gone Maggie Gone The Good, the Sad and the Drugly 21. The Bob Next Door The Color Yellow 22. Donnie Fatso Love is a Many Strangled Thing 23. The Falcon and the D’ohman A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again 24. Hardly Kirk-ing Moonshine River 25. The War of Art What to Expect When Bart’s Expecting 26. Sky Police Let’s Go Fly a Coot 27. Halloween of Horror Lisa With an ‘S’ 28. There Will Be Buds Moho House 29. Springfield Splendor Throw Grampa From the Dane 30. Daddicus Finch I Want You (She’s So Heavy) 31. Thanksgiving of Horror Warrin’ Priests (Part Two)

Anything in the last 10 years or so. All the "jokes" they tried were either horribly unfunny or terribly timed.

Al Jean's era is trash.

Mike Scully may have debased the show in the late 1990s, but in retrospect now it was more of a larger cultural shift taking place at the time than just Mike — and his humor was still actually funny.

4. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Kangdos

Sadly, there are many episodes that come to mind. Singin' in the Lane included some jokes and all of them were unfunny, even tedious. But there are a lot of options that are valid.
    SEASON 32 - RATINGS

Undercover Burns - ?/5 / I, Carambus - ?/5 / Now Museum, Now You Don't - ?/5 / Treehouse of Horror XXXI - ?/5

Blog Entries

Is this least humorous in a bad way? There's a lotta candidates for that.

There's quite a few early seasons eps I'd say weren't exactly funny but they had plenty else going for them though.

Yeah, I usually don't care for the lisa episodes.. except the earlier ones like "Mr Lisa goes to Washington", There's been a few more modern ones but she had a better character back then than today I feel.

But yeah, I don't need to laugh every second or be entertained with some visual gag to enjoy the simpsons, sometimes writers really lose track of the plot by trying to stuff too many gags into a single episode.

Being my fanatic self Simpson's Fan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

There are many examples I can give, but I don't really judge an episode by the humour only.

I will argue that the least funny episode is "Lisa Goes Gaga"! The only jokes that I like are Marge and Lady Gaga kissing!

Other than that the episode is all about promoting Lady Gaga! This is one of these moments that I am disappointed with the series! The early seasons would never promote their guest stars! Quite the opposite! It took almost 20 years to find out that Lurleen Lumpkin was voiced by Beverly D'Angelo (even though she was in the "guest stars" list) and "Michael Jackson" by himself!

It may also contribute to the fact that I don't really like Lady Gaga. I can't judge her as a person, but as a singer she is....okay, but she gets more praise than she should!

I can't remember another episode that I dislike!
    Last edited by Simpson's Fan; 09-27-2020 at 06:50 AM.

9. Thumbs Up To This Post by: BartArt

Professional Teleporter Mícheál's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It depends on what you mean by least humorous.

There are episodes that fall under that category that are full of jokes, that just didn't land. See Singin' In the Lane - if you can get through it.

But then there's also episodes that could be considered least humorous simply because they didn't really go for many jokes in them. Namely, episodes like Barthood, and the latter half of Flanders' Ladder
    "I may or may not die young. I haven't decided yet."

Quote Originally Posted by Simpson's Fan View Post

I will argue that the least funny episode is "Lisa Goes Gaga"! The only jokes that I like are Marge and Lady Gaga kissing!

That episode is just terrible all around. There's a reason why it's so infamous.
    Favorite by season
    1.Krusty Gets Busted 2. Bart Gets An F 3. Lisa's Pony 4. Duffless/Last Exit to Springfiled 5. Homer's Barbershop Quartet 6. And Maggie Makes Three 7. The Curse Of The Flying Hellfish 8.Hurricane Neddy 9 Das Bus 10. Wild Barts Can't Be Broken 11. Saddlesore Galactica 12. HOMR 13. Weekend at Burnsie's. 14. How I Spent My Strummer Vacation. 15. The President Wore Pearls.

Junior Camper

Todd, Todd, Why Hast Thou Forsaken Me? is probably the most joyless, unpleasant episode I've watched.

This kid stops believing in God, so Ned kicks him out of the house, the Simpsons hate him, and everyone contrives to trick him back into Christianity. Where's the joke? What's the punchline? NO ONE looks good in this episode. It makes me extremely uncomfortable, because the entire moral of the story is that parental abuse is more forgivable than atheism.

I don't watch many newer episodes, but when I saw this, I was pretty shocked at how warped the moral of the show was. I actually felt bad watching it.

Blog Entries

Actually, "most joyless" would be a better way to put things.

In which case I've got three easy answers; On a Clear Day I Can't See My Sister, Boys of Bummer and Thanksgiving of Horror. They're such miserable, utterly awful experiences to sit through that if I ever watched them again, it'd be purely as a means of self-abuse. And no, that's not a joke. So bad in that regard that they've ruined a lot of even the past episodes and things I used to like, or at least be neutral on.

There's probably some I'd put in the pile just for being that boring but I don't tend to remember which ones they are very well. I think a chunk of S26 is kind of a blur to me.

No to cooties and sisters. Shoskin's Avatar

I was thinking On a Clear Day I can See My Sister but it's Boys of Bummer . What a cruel and inhumane episode. I'll leave it at that as I hate this episode and will never watch it again.
    Origi corner taken quickly.

If clip shows don't count, then definitely Dancin' Homer. The only part that at least made me chuckle a little was Burns calling Maggie "Expecting." Otherwise completely laughless.
    There are however a number of episodes from the last 20 or so seasons I haven't seen or remember well, so there could be something even more humorless.

Quote Originally Posted by Financial Panther View Post
    The Color Yellow. I think they just forgot to put jokes in.
    That episode at least have an interesting story, so I for one still rank it highly compared to most zombie Simpsons trash.

Just chillin', dawg OldSchoolerSimpsons's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rover Hendrix View Post
    If clip shows don't count, then definitely Dancin' Homer. The only part that at least made me chuckle a little was Burns calling Maggie "Expecting." Otherwise completely laughless.
    There are however a number of episodes from the last 20 or so seasons I haven't seen or remember well, so there could be something even more humorless.
    Come on, there are way unfunnier episodes than Dancin' Homer. At least it has charm. It's definitely not worse than Moe Goes From Rags To Riches for instance.
    Quote Originally Posted by scully apologist;bt39949
    "KONY 2012"

18. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Kangdos

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolerSimpsons View Post
    Come on, there are way unfunnier episodes than Dancin' Homer. At least it has charm. It's definitely not worse than Moe Goes From Rags To Riches for instance.
    Agreed. Dancing Homer is one of my least favorite pre-season 10 episodes, but it's gold compared to a lot of zombie Simpsons garbage.

I admit I was too hard on Dancin' Homer. It at least made me chuckle once or twice, and Moe Goes From Rags To Riches at least made me smile or breathe slightly harder out of my nose.
    The least funny episode I've seen is definitely What To Expect When Bart's Expecting. I watched the entirety of it with a straight face. Nothing even made me smile, something I can't say for even Lisa Goes Gaga.

The Bonfire of the Manatees, except the ending who is hilarious

Many of my picks for worst episodes (such as 'The Greatest Story Ever D'ohed', 'The D'oh-cial Network' & 'Love Is A Many-Splintered Thing') classify as some of the most horribly unfunny episodes to me, their humor falling completely flat. An episode being unfunny seem to ever so often go hand in hand with it being a bad one in the show's HD era.

There's also more positive examples of the episode being pretty decent to good with a nice story but not having much humor, for example many of the earliest episodes from the show and 'The Color Yellow' (which has been previously mentioned. I felt that one focused much more on the plot and minimized the humor, which I was fine with).

I've watched Definetly E Plibrus Wiggum or something like that it's a "fine" episode
    The Winter of Our Monetized Content C
    Go Big Or Go Homer B-
    The Fat Blue Line B
    Treehouse Of Horror XXX C+
    Gorillas On The Mast C+
    Marge The Lumberjill C-
    Livin La Pruda Vida A-
    Thanksgiving Of Horror A
    Bobby Its Cold Outside B
    Hail To The Teeth B-
    The Miseducation Of Lisa C+
    Frinkcoin B-
    Bart The Bad Guy B
    Screenless B-
    Better Off Ned D+
    Highway To Well B+
    Warrin Priest B+
    Warrin Priest Part 2 B-
    The Hateful Eight Year Olds B
    Way Of The Dog B+

Blog Entries

Another Simpsons Clip Show. Not a funny bit in it.

Others that come to mind are On A Clear Day I Can't See My Sister, Treehouse of Horror XXII and THOH XXIX.
    My Favorite and Least Favorite from every season.
    U1: Babysitting Maggie/Burp Contest, U2: Space Patrol/The Funeral, U3: The Bart Simpson Show/Bart's Nightmare, S1: Krusty Gets Busted/Homer's Odyssey, S2: Lisa's Substitute/Principal Charming, S3: Saturdays Of Thunder /Mr. Lisa Goes To Washington, S4: Homer The Heretic/Marge In Chains, S5: Deep Space Homer/Sweet Seymour Skinner's Badasssss Song, S6: Lisa's Rival/Another Simpsons Clip Show, S7: Bart Sells His Soul/Scenes From The Class Struggle In Springfield, S8: The Springfield Files/My Sister, My Sitter, S9: The City Of New York vs Homer Simpson/All Singing, All Dancing, S10: Lisa Gets An 'A'/When You Dish Upon A Star, S11: Behind The Laughter/Kill The Alligator And Run, S12: Trilogy Of Error/Simpson Safari, S13: I Am Furious (Yellow)/The Frying Game, S14: Bart vs Lisa vs The 3rd Grade/Helter Shelter, S15: I, (Annoyed Grunt) Bot and The Wandering Juvie/Bart Mangled Banner, S16: Don’t Fear The Roofer/On A Clear Day I Can’t See My Sister, S17: Girls Just Want To Have Sums/Bonfire Of The Manatees, S18: 24 Minutes/Rome-Old and Juli-Eh, S19: The Debarted/All About Lisa, S20: Coming To Homerica/Lisa The Drama Queen, S21: Homer The Whopper/The Greatest Story Ever D'ohed, S22: Homer The Father/The Great Simpsina, S23: Holidays Of Future Passed/Treehouse Of Horror XXII and Lisa Goes Gaga, S24: The Saga Of Carl/Love Is A Many Splintered Thing, S25: Steal This Episode/Diggs, S26: Simpsorama/The Musk Who Fell To Earth, S27: Barthood/Friend With Benefit, S28: The Town/The Cad And The Hat, S29: Flanders Ladder/Treehouse Of Horror XXVIII, S30: Baby You Can't Drive My Car/Treehouse Of Horror XXIX, S31: Highway To Well/Warrin' Priests, Both Parts.

Quote the post above you, it gives me an enormous sense of a slow computer.

Blog Entries

Oh F**k. A double Post.

For Season 25, I couldn't laugh at Diggs, just a boring and unfunny episode.

26. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Liks

Stonecutter The Abominable Dr. Lenny's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Trab Pu Kcip View Post
    Oh F**k. A double Post.

For Season 25, I couldn't laugh at Diggs, just a boring and unfunny episode.
    Yeah, that one was pretty lame.
    Season 32:

Undercover Burns: 3/5

Stonecutter The Abominable Dr. Lenny's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lisa Goes Gaga. The episode sucked in every way, and all the jokes fell flat. They were lame and cringeworthy.

The Greatest Story Ever D’ohed, Lisa goes Gaga, Diggs, Dad Behavior. All the jokes were bad in these episodes.

Blog Entries

Although Every Man's Dream takes the cake for the most annoying (therefore my least favorite episode), the most actively unfunny one is definitely Moe Goes From Rags To Riches. It's so unbelievably boring not even Jeremy Irons can redeem it a bit. If anything, his presence makes it even worse since it's so hard to watch him waste his talent in such an idiotic role.
    Last edited by OldSchoolerSimpsons; 08-12-2020 at 08:47 PM.

31. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Liks

Blog Entries

I also find Regarding Margie to be boring, with me going laughless throughout.

33. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Liks

Although Every Mans Dream takes the cake for the most annoying (therefore my least favorite episode), the most actively unfunny one is definitely Moe Goes From Rags To Riches. It's so unbelievably boring not even Jeremy Irons can redeem it a bit. If anything, his presence makes it even worse since it's so hard to watch him waste his talent in such an idiotic role.
    Moe Goes From Rags To Riches is about as entertaining as watching a rag spin around in the drying machine.

Blog Entries

I'd say it's as entertaining as a rag just sitting there, doing nothing.

Another Season 25 pile of rubbish is The Kid Is All Right. Just a remake of Lisa's Rival gone wrong, by bringing back great guest characters and make them do nothing, therefore putting them to waste.

Blog Entries

Yeah, The Kid Is All Right is abysmal. I consider this the absolute worst characterization of Lisa in the entire show (though Bart Vs. Itchy & Scratchy comes very close).

Thread Information