Page 3 of 61 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353 ... LastLast

Thread: Very unpopular opinions.

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Blog Entries

"The Principal and the Pauper" is a great episode (I don't care what anyone says, I stand by this).

Quote Originally Posted by zachbigmac View Post
    @Swoony your just a poser and dont tell me
    your not cause i can read you like a fucking book.

2. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Space camp

a whiz with cold drinks Frightened Inmate No. 2's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Oh, that's raspberry! View Post
    Since when is that an unpopular opinion?
    I guess it isn't that unpopular, but they are often thought of as pretty good for post-classic standards, so I just wanted to let everyone know that I hate them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Sandford II View Post
    While not humorous, would be cool if someone actually put this in their sig.

Blog Entries

I really enjoyed "Beware my cheating Bart"

on a trip to squaresville Prune Tracy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

New Kids on the Blecch was a great episode.

Blog Entries

the jockey elves in saddlesore are actually pretty funny.

"We'll give you gold!"

Blog Entries

Is there a non-Simpsons version of this? If not i'm really tempted to make one..

Blog Entries

there isn't and i agree, there should be

Season 3 is better than Season 4
    the classic era clip shows are better than any HD episodes except HOFP
    Grampa vs. Sexual Inadequacy is one of my favourite episodes of all time

10. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Swoony

Holidays Of The Future Passed, that reminded a lot of us of the classic times especially Christmas Episodes, Was The Worst Of The Modern Seasons. A Midsummer's Nice Dream that had basically and completely had no plot or jokes at all was picked 5/5 from every Simpsons Member, including the ones who absolutely hate the Modern Seasons. (Try to beat that)

don't quite cover all CousinMerl's Avatar

I don't think the TikTok opening was so bad; I actually found it to be quite funny and sort of charming with the characters lip-synching to the song.

Milhouse once mentioned a city very close to mine.
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CousinMerl View Post
    I don't think the TikTok opening was so bad; I actually found it to be quite funny and sort of charming with the characters lip-synching to the song.
    I don't agree, but I appreciate your willingness to say it. Just about all I like is the subtle wordplay between word and image ("They're blowin' up our phones" is imagined here as the bullies sticking firecrackers in the school payphones, or how "grab my glasses" is referring to, say, a glass of alcohol, but here it's Lisa putting on Milhouse's glasses).

Junior Camper Aye, the hot pants.'s Avatar
    Ottawa, ON, Canada - All tucked away down there.

I think they should bring back Maud Flanders from the dead and make her say one funny thing -which she never did-then they could kill her again. more violently!
    ~~Arr, me Matees, Arr.~~

Blog Entries

I also want to add that I dislike The City of New York vs. Homer Simpson. It was the first episode that aired that I didn't like, followed by Principal and the Pauper, which was another pretty bad episode. The rest of 9 and 10 was still pretty good for me, though.

Blog Entries

Bart pisses me off in the new seasons because he just does ruthless things to be an asshole and doesn't feel much guilt or learn a lesson from it anymore like he did in the older seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Knifey*Spoony View Post
    Bart pisses me off in the new seasons because he just does ruthless things to be an asshole and doesn't feel much guilt or learn a lesson from it anymore like he did in the older seasons.
    Rewatching several episodes from the older seasons, it was not always he felt guilt or learned lessons from the bad stuff he did or the pranks he pulled; he could be at least somewhat cruel from time to time and didn't show a lot of remorse. It was around the later classic seasons he more often started showing guilt and such and this carried over into the post-classic years; overall, I think he's been one of the most consistent main characters (if that is an unpopular opinion).

Blog Entries

(Not sure if this one is unpopular or not)

I would have preferred Milhouse over Colin in the movie.
    How to remaster

19. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Swoony

Banned
    standing atop the ruins of OSS' crushed dreams

Quote Originally Posted by Shaunbadia View Post

I'm not sure if it's a comparison that has ever crossed anyone's mind.

Having said that, I much would've preferred it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by brickhead View Post
    I'm not sure if it's a comparison that has ever crossed anyone's mind.
    Well originally it was supposed to be Milhouse, but at the test screenings most of the audience didn't seem to be that familiar with his crush on Lisa.

Banned

Well originally it was supposed to be Milhouse, but at the test screenings most of the audience didn't seem to be that familiar with his crush on Lisa.
    Ah, well that's a shame. The original choice would've given the film more heart IMO.

direct floor engagement steamed_hamms's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I like the Principal and the Pauper a lot. Used to be my favourite of season 9. Probably not anymore but it's up there
    The Movie is good (I'm not sure this is VERY unpopular here but meh)
    I'd take any Scully season over anything that comes after (probably)
    Season 8 and 9 are of an equal quality

24. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Swoony

I don't much care for Old Money, and I liked the B-plot of Moaning Lisa way better than the main story.

26. Thumbs Up To This Post by: hutz

I'm not your friend-o Cartoonnetwork's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Not sure about this. At this point it seems that Lisa-Milhouse is actually a thing. They were husband and wife in a future episode that was presented as canon of some sort.

But I'm not sure how that would work. Just replacing Colin for Milhouse in the movie wouldn't make it. Imagine they had done exactly the same thing with Milhouse instead of Colin, happy ending and all. I think it would have needed a lot more work in that subplot for Lisa to suddenly get actually attracted to Milhouse after all these years.

Personally I kinda liked why they tired with Colin, a 'proper' boyfriend, one who is actually good for Lisa. I just wish they had developed him and the whole subplot a little more. Also I don't like the fact that there is a happy ending and it doesn't continue in the show. They should have included a sad ending or introducing Colin in the new seasons. But this lack of continuity just gives the feeling they end the movie in a happy note cause that's what audience like. But they don't continue with it in the show cause it's easier to keep the status quo. Both choices seem lazy and crowd-pleasing, instead of challenging themselves by including a sad ending in a movie or changing the status quo in the series.
    My Simpsons homage!

http://elblogderg.blogspot.com

Season 9 is better than Season 8
    Last Exit To Springfield is overrated and it wouldn't make it on to my top 50 favorite episodes
    Episodes that centre around Krusty are boring

I love boobies! Financial Panther's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wow, I pretty much agree with you on all of those. I never did care for Krusty too much, and his episodes are normally weaker than average.
    Favorite and least favorite by season
    1. Krusty Gets Busted There’s No Disgrace Like Home 2. Bart Gets an F Dead Putting Society 3. Homer at the Bat Like Father, Like Clown 4. Brother From the Same Planet Krusty Gets Kancelled 5. Cape Feare Lady Bouvier’s Lover 6. Homer Badman Another Simpsons Clip Show 7. King-Size Homer Lisa the Iconoclast 8. Homer’s Enemy El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer 9. Bart Carny The Trouble With Trillions 10. Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo Homer Simpson in: “Kidney Trouble” 11. Guess Who’s Coming to Criticize Dinner? Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder 12. HOMЯ Tennis the Menace 13. Tales From the Public Domain She of Little Faith 14. The Dad Who Knew Too Little Helter Shelter 15. I, Annoyed Grunt)-bot Bart-Mangled Banner 16. A Star is Torn On a Clear Day I Can’t See My Sister 17. My Fair Laddy Bonfire of the Manatees 18. The Haw-Hawed Couple You Kent Always Say What You Want 19. Funeral for a Fiend All About Lisa 20. Gone Maggie Gone The Good, the Sad and the Drugly 21. The Bob Next Door The Color Yellow 22. Donnie Fatso Love is a Many Strangled Thing 23. The Falcon and the D’ohman A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again 24. Hardly Kirk-ing Moonshine River 25. The War of Art What to Expect When Bart’s Expecting 26. Sky Police Let’s Go Fly a Coot 27. Halloween of Horror Lisa With an ‘S’ 28. There Will Be Buds Moho House 29. Springfield Splendor Throw Grampa From the Dane

Blog Entries

Simpsons should of ended after season 5 in my book. Sure, it still had amazing episodes, but I feel it would of been more simpler/easy to end after season 5

31. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Swoony

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cartoonnetwork View Post
    Not sure about this. At this point it seems that Lisa-Milhouse is actually a thing. They were husband and wife in a future episode that was presented as canon of some sort.

But I'm not sure how that would work. Just replacing Colin for Milhouse in the movie wouldn't make it. Imagine they had done exactly the same thing with Milhouse instead of Colin, happy ending and all. I think it would have needed a lot more work in that subplot for Lisa to suddenly get actually attracted to Milhouse after all these years.
    According to the commentary, the draft of the movie with Milhouse had him running into The Simpsons house while it was on the brink of collapsing and saving Lisa's saxophone for her.....yeah, I think that would have been a crowning moment of awesome for the little four-eyes

At least it would have been better than Colin simply standing outside holding up flowers for her in the middle of the mob (Though Carl setting them on fire WAS hilarious)

Season 5 is overrated.

And I disagree about the statement that the show should have ended after season 5; then we would have missed all the classic episodes and great stories we got in 6, 7 and even 8 (In my opinion, it would have been easy to end after 8).

Season 17 is the best season animation-wise since season 8 and it's almost as good as season 2.

Blog Entries

I wish the entire series would have the same animation as 10-15, because it looks clear, but it doesn't look so unlike the classic era that all it does is remind you that it's not the same show anymore. I don't really care about the "acting" or whatever. I just care about the overall style and the basic coloring.

Banned

Barring the song sequence, Trash of the Titans is a brilliant episode.

Thread Information