Page 61 of 62 FirstFirst ... 11515253545556575859606162 LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,830 of 1841

Thread: Very unpopular opinions.

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

A source of fun Financial Panther's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I really dislike how Skinner and Chalmers are almost always together. Chalmers brings nothing to the table and just serves as a straight man to Skinner’s pathetic nature. I believe Skinner once did command more respect, and he was also a good enough character to stand on his own. That’s not the case anymore.
    Favorite and least favorite by season
    1. Krusty Gets Busted There’s No Disgrace Like Home 2. Bart Gets an F Dead Putting Society 3. Homer at the Bat Like Father, Like Clown 4. Brother From the Same Planet Krusty Gets Kancelled 5. Cape Feare Lady Bouvier’s Lover 6. Homer Badman Another Simpsons Clip Show 7. King-Size Homer Lisa the Iconoclast 8. Homer’s Enemy El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer 9. Bart Carny The Trouble With Trillions 10. Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo Homer Simpson in: “Kidney Trouble” 11. Guess Who’s Coming to Criticize Dinner? Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder 12. HOMЯ Tennis the Menace 13. Tales From the Public Domain She of Little Faith 14. The Dad Who Knew Too Little Helter Shelter 15. I, Annoyed Grunt)-bot Bart-Mangled Banner 16. A Star is Torn On a Clear Day I Can’t See My Sister 17. My Fair Laddy Bonfire of the Manatees 18. The Haw-Hawed Couple You Kent Always Say What You Want 19. Funeral for a Fiend All About Lisa 20. Gone Maggie Gone The Good, the Sad and the Drugly 21. The Bob Next Door The Color Yellow 22. Donnie Fatso Love is a Many Strangled Thing 23. The Falcon and the D’ohman A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again 24. Hardly Kirk-ing Moonshine River 25. The War of Art What to Expect When Bart’s Expecting 26. Sky Police Let’s Go Fly a Coot 27. Halloween of Horror Lisa With an ‘S’ 28. There Will Be Buds Moho House 29. Springfield Splendor Throw Grampa From the Dane

Skinner does not really need to command respect anymore because we have already seen that he has the students' respect or at least earned it tremendously.
    Chalmers being around by its very nature has to undermine Skinner's authority because Chalmers has the power to overrule anything (even fire) Skinner whenever he chooses.
    As for being competent, none of the characters are really overtly competent, but Skinner still maintains his same level if only played for comedic effect.

Blog Entries

I liked The Simpsons from season 1 to season 29. I don't know! I just like the classic and modern era the same way! They have something new to teach us! I liked the future episodes! They have so interesting stories! Next I would like from the writers to think a Maggie story! I also loved the parody episode of La la land " Haw-haw land "! It was good to see Lisa with young, smart and charming boy again! Season 30 was bad, but it had 1 or 2 good episodes for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Swoony View Post
    I don't like Milhouse that much. I mean, he has his funny moments, but he's mostly annoying and not a very good friend. His dad is a better character than him.
    Wow, now this is unpopular. I can agree with the idea that Kirk is a better character, but I am not sure how one would arrive at the conclusion that Milhouse is not a good friend. It seems clear that Bart is the bad influence, with Milhouse having some bad influence in him but not as much, so I think if anything Milhouse is a good friend for his loyalty to Bart despite how much trouble the latter gets the former in.

Blog Entries

bruh

Blog Entries

that post is unironically older than me

Blog Entries

what in the heck how did u find it and why

I know it may be contradictory, but I think that Another Simpsons Clip Show is actually great (or, at least, nice) episode.
    IMHO the most and the least favourite episodes of each season (without trilogy episodes, upd. 30/10/19):
    1. There’s No Disgrace Like Home/Homer’s Night Out 2. Old Money/Simpson and Delilah 3. Bart the Lover/Homer Alone 4. Homer’s Triple Bypass/Marge in Chains 5. Secrets of a Successful Marriage/Burns’ Heir 6. Two Dozen and One Greyhounds/A Star Is Burns 7. Home Sweet Homediddly-Dum-Doodily/Bart the Fink 8. Simpsoncalifragilisticexpiala(Annoyed Grunt)cious/The Springfield Files 9. Miracle on Evergreen Terrace/Das Bus 10. Maximum Homerdrive/Monty Can’t Buy Me Love 11. Grift of the Magi/Pygmoelian 12. Homer vs. Dignity/New Kids on the Blecch 13. Poppa’s Got a Brand New Badge/Weekend at Burnsie’s 14. Moe Baby Blues/Three Gays of the Condo 15. Fraudcast News/Co-Dependent’s Day 16. Sleeping with the Enemy/Pranksta Rap 17. Bonfire of the Manatees/Bart Has Two Mommies 18. The Wife Aquatic/The Haw-Hawed Couple 19. He Loves to Fly and He D’ohs/Smoke on the Daughter 20. Coming to Homerica/Lisa the Drama Queen 21. Chief of Hearts/Stealing First Base 22. The Ned-Liest Catch/Love Is a Many Strangled Thing 23. A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again/Moe Goes from Rags to Riches 24. The Saga of Carl/Penny-Wiseguys 25. Brick Like Me/The Man Who Grew Too Much 26. Bart’s New Friend/Simpsorama 27. Halloween of Horror/Every Man’s Dream 28. 22 for 30/Trust but Clarify 29. Flanders’ Ladder/Grampy Can Ya Hear Me 30. Baby You Can’t Drive My Car/101 Mitigations
    I think that thoughts may differ, because so many people, so many opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by cam View Post
    what in the heck how did u find it and why
    I'm reading the thread. No matter how old it is there will always be people who hold these opinions.
    Especially in The Simpsons "fans", peoples' opinions seem to be very strong.

Banned

I think "The Greatest Story Ever D'ohed" is a really funny episode!

Al Jeany apologist skully the poltergeist's Avatar
    Blog Entries

epic first post
    yeet or get yeeted

12. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Rick James

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CousinMerl View Post
    Jerkass Homer characterization
    I do not think this is a bad thing.

15. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Sam

Quote Originally Posted by TheDuffBlimp View Post
    I do not think this is a bad thing.
    You're an interesting fella, DuffBlimp. You routinely assert contrarian viewpoints, but rarely do the legwork to support them.
    SEASON 31 GRADES

The Winter of Our Monetized Content - 3/5 / Go Big or Go Homer - 2.5/5 / The Fat Blue Line - 3/5
    Treehouse of Horror XXX - 2/5 / Gorillas on the Mast - 2.5/5 / Marge the Lumberjill - ?/5
    Livin' La Pura Vida - ?/5 / Thanksgiving of Horror - ?/5 / Todd, Todd, Why Hast Thou Forsaken Me? - ?/5

Deep Frier of Shirts BlueRibbonCommittee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rick James View Post
    I think "The Greatest Story Ever D'ohed" is a really funny episode!
    Agreed. Honestly, the worst line in the whole episode was that "Mousepad, Double Click" line from the first act. It just felt too forced.

But there were so many good lines from there on. The first act itself had "Here comes the butt" and the barbecue/owl bit, and I liked the Reformers part, the Porky Pig joke, ChrisMuJews who like chicken, Homer putting salt in the salt water, the Oi! water, and so on, and so forth.

Quote Originally Posted by bboynexus View Post
    You're an interesting fella, DuffBlimp. You routinely assert contrarian viewpoints, but rarely do the legwork to support them.
    I'm not here to convince anyone of anything. I don't have to support my viewpoints to any of you.
    If somebody wants to discuss them and is nice and polite about it and seems like they can hold an interesting conversation, then that happens.
    This has the feel of a backhanded compliment, it's also barely accurate.
    Last edited by TheDuffBlimp; 09-09-2019 at 08:57 PM.

Blog Entries

so everyone else has to do the work

seems fair.

I'm not here to convince anyone of anything. I don't have to support my viewpoints to any of you.
    No, of course not. It just doesn't make for interesting posts, does it?

If somebody wants to discuss them and is nice and polite about it and seems like they can hold an interesting conversation, then that happens.
    Curious. It seems you think the onus is on everyone else. How do you judge who can and cannot hold an interesting conversation? This all sounds quite arbitrary to me.

How about we give this a go? The criticisms levied against the so-called 'Jerkass Homer' characterization are varied and well-documented. Merely reiterating them would be useless and a waste of time. May I ask how and why your sentiments on the topic differ? What draws you to conclude that Jerkass Homer "is not a bad thing"?

I'm not sure how unpopular this is, but "All Singing, All Dancing" seems to be really reviled, but I don't think it's any worse than the average clip show. Which obviously means it still sucks, but it's not some especially heinous degree of suck.
    SEASON 46 GRADES
    Bart Goes to VR School - 3/10 | Heroes & Heroin - 6/10 | The Rap Career of xXxMilhouseStreetLife - 2/10 | Little Miss Smartphone - 3/10
    Treehouse of Horror XLV - 6/10 | Ain't No Hologram Girl - 1/10 | Homer the Militia Leader - 5/10 | The Big One Thousand!!!!! - 2/10
    Bart's Unicycle - 4/10 | I Fell Into a Burns-ing Ring of Firewall - 2/10 | Once in a Blue-Haired Moon - 7/10
    Grandpa’s Got a Brand New Cybernetic Exoskeleton - 1/10 | Knowledge Pills & Tuition Bills - 3/10 | The Kwik-E-Mart Konglomerate Strikes Back - 3/10
    Quimby/Quagmire 2036 - 1/10 | Party at Homer's Mars Condo - 5/10 | The Flanders Revolution - 9/10 | All Revved Up With Nowhere to D’oh - 4/10
    An Ironic Simpsons Clip Show - 2/10 | Lindsey Naegle Falls in Love - 1/10
    Marge’s Mega Movie Star Mondays (Featuring Her Pal Homer) - 2/10 | Lisa's First Rave - 4/10

Blog Entries

I’d call it one of the best clip shows, actually. I don’t think it’s quite as good as 138th, but it’s a close second.

I think Marge vs. the Monorail is a horrendously bad and boring episode (apart from Leonard Nimoy), and worse than most Scully episodes. Shoot me!

24. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Sam

That rabbit is dynamite! Venomrabbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries

... Okay, you're the boss!

My memory sucks and I dunno if I might have said it already but for all the entirely legitimate things to complain about, some thing people will go on about are frankly ridiculous. Usually not on this site, mind.

26. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Tilly

Quote Originally Posted by homer5000 View Post
    I’d call it one of the best clip shows, actually. I don’t think it’s quite as good as 138th, but it’s a close second.
    I definitely agree that the 138th Episode Spectacular is the best clip show, but I could be talked into putting All Singing, All Dancing second. Though I would probably give the edge to So It's Come To This in second place, then All Singing, All Dancing, then Another Simpsons Clip Show and Gump Roast in last place.

Quote Originally Posted by Squall Hammer View Post
    I'm not sure how unpopular this is, but "All Singing, All Dancing" seems to be really reviled, but I don't think it's any worse than the average clip show. Which obviously means it still sucks, but it's not some especially heinous degree of suck.
    Off topic/ but I love your sig so much lmao.
    Favorite by season
    1.Krusty Gets Busted 2. Bart Gets An F 3. Lisa's Pony 4. Duffless/Last Exit to Springfiled 5. Homer's Barbershop Quartet 6. And Maggie Makes Three 7. The Curse Of The Flying Hellfish 8.Hurricane Neddy 9 Das Bus 10. Wild Barts Can't Be Broken 11. Saddlesore Galactica 12. HOMR 13. Weekend at Burnsie's. 14. How I Spent My Strummer Vacation. 15. The President Wore Pearls.

Haha, thank you! I appreciate it.

Hercules Rockefeller Homer Samson's Avatar

I don't know if this is unpopular or not, but I think that the Muppets segment from The Fight Before Christmas is worse as an anthology segment than The Diving Bell and the Butterball
    Best and Worst Episode per Season:
    1: Krusty Gets Busted/Homer's Night Out 2: One Fish, Two Fish, Blowfish, Blue Fish/Bart's Dog Gets an 'F' 3: Bart the Murderer/Saturdays of Thunder 4: Homer the Heretic/So Its Come To This: A Simpsons Clip Show 5: Cape Feare/Lady Bouvier's Lover 6: Homie the Clown/Another Simpsons Clip Show 7: Raging Abe Simpson and his Grumbling Grandson in " The Curse of the Flying Hellfish"/Scenes From the Class Struggle in Springfield 8: The Springfield Files/The Old Man and the Lisa 9: The City of New York vs. Homer Simpson/Miracle on Evergreen Terrace 10: Mayored to the Mob/Homer Simpson in: Kidney Trouble 11: Grift of the Magi/Eight Misbehavin' 12: Trilogy of Error/I'm Goin' to Praiseland 13: The Blunder Years/The Lastest Gun in the West 14: Moe Baby Blues/The Strong Arms of the Ma 15: My Mother the Carjacker/Co-Dependent's Day 16: The Heartbroke Kid/Homer and Ned's Hail Mary Pass 17: The Seemingly Never-Ending Story/The Bonfire of the Manatees 18: The Mook, The Chef, The Wife, and Her Homer/The Boys of Bummer 19: Eternal Moonshine of the Simpson Mind/Husbands and Knives 20: Gone Maggie Gone/Lisa the Drama Queen 21: The Squirt and the Whale/The Greatest Story Ever D'ohed 22: Homer Scissorhands/The Fight Before Christmas 23: The Book Job/Lisa Goes Gaga 24: The Saga of Carl/Love is a Many-Splintered Thing 25: Brick Like Me/What to Expect When Bart's Expecting 26: Sky Police/The Musk Who Fell to Earth 27: Barthood/Every Man's Dream 28: 22 for 30/The Caper Chase 29: Flanders' Ladder/Singin' in the Lane 30: Woo-hoo Dunnit?/I Want You (She's So Heavy)

- How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love Legalized Gambling is overrated
    - Last Exit To Springfield is, too
    - Homer Badman did not age well
    - Movie Good
    I'm Steven and my mom says I'm cool. Hablo español. icon by @ArtfulDodger923 on twitter.

RIP Frank Grimes 1962-1997

No episode ratings in my signature anymore, because I'm way behind.

Blog Entries

I think Homer Badman aged brilliantly. Media sensationalism has gotten more and more pronounced, and this episode satirizes it amazingly. Truly ahead of its time.

33. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Tilly

Hercules Rockefeller Homer Samson's Avatar

Yeah I don't see how it could have aged poorly. It actually showcased media outrage before it was as common as it is today.

35. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Tilly

I don't know why, but I've always liked the (old) clip show episodes. I think it's because (it was) a fun way of showing how good the season was and how the series was progressing and it's evolution.

And yeah, disagree with Homer Badman aging poorly; if anything, it's the total opposite.

Thread Information