Page 8 of 62 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858 ... LastLast

Thread: Very unpopular opinions.

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

I seem to remember someone on the commentary (Matt Groening?) saying it was their favourite line of the series. It's had a bloated reputation ever since.
    It's a funny line, but only because of the delivery.

a whiz with cold drinks Frightened Inmate No. 2's Avatar
    Blog Entries

^ You're right. They haven't been funny since season 10.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Sandford II View Post
    While not humorous, would be cool if someone actually put this in their sig.

don't quite cover all CousinMerl's Avatar

'My Sister, My Sitter' is a really, really good episode.
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 11-12-2012 at 12:56 AM.

Release the hounds... Sinister Burns's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CousinMerl View Post
    'My Sister, My Sister' is a really, really good episode.
    I agree. I don't understand why people seem to dislike it.

A source of fun Financial Panther's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister Burns View Post
    I agree. I don't understand why people seem to dislike it.
    That episode was widely discussed in the "Out-of-Character Moments in the Classic Era" thread. You should look there.
    Favorite and least favorite by season
    1. Krusty Gets Busted There’s No Disgrace Like Home 2. Bart Gets an F Dead Putting Society 3. Homer at the Bat Like Father, Like Clown 4. Brother From the Same Planet Krusty Gets Kancelled 5. Cape Feare Lady Bouvier’s Lover 6. Homer Badman Another Simpsons Clip Show 7. King-Size Homer Lisa the Iconoclast 8. Homer’s Enemy El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer 9. Bart Carny The Trouble With Trillions 10. Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo Homer Simpson in: “Kidney Trouble” 11. Guess Who’s Coming to Criticize Dinner? Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder 12. HOMЯ Tennis the Menace 13. Tales From the Public Domain She of Little Faith 14. The Dad Who Knew Too Little Helter Shelter 15. I, Annoyed Grunt)-bot Bart-Mangled Banner 16. A Star is Torn On a Clear Day I Can’t See My Sister 17. My Fair Laddy Bonfire of the Manatees 18. The Haw-Hawed Couple You Kent Always Say What You Want 19. Funeral for a Fiend All About Lisa 20. Gone Maggie Gone The Good, the Sad and the Drugly 21. The Bob Next Door The Color Yellow 22. Donnie Fatso Love is a Many Strangled Thing 23. The Falcon and the D’ohman A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again 24. Hardly Kirk-ing Moonshine River 25. The War of Art What to Expect When Bart’s Expecting 26. Sky Police Let’s Go Fly a Coot 27. Halloween of Horror Lisa With an ‘S’ 28. There Will Be Buds Moho House 29. Springfield Splendor Throw Grampa From the Dane

From what I've seen around the web, it seems seasons 9 and 10 are regarded as the downfall. I don't see that at all. I consider both of those seasons classic, and even most of 11. 12 is also great imo, but that's when I myself started seeing the cracks.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GizmoSimpson89 View Post
    From what I've seen around the web, it seems seasons 9 and 10 are regarded as the downfall. I don't see that at all. I consider both of those seasons classic, and even most of 11. 12 is also great imo, but that's when I myself started seeing the cracks.
    I pretty much agree. 9 and 10 are fantastic, and 11 is very good, and 12 is pretty good, imo

8. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Nicky, Zelek

Remorseless eating machine Sorny's Avatar

Jon Lovitz needs to come back and voice more one-off characters.

Blog Entries

^
    That's not unpopular.

Remorseless eating machine Sorny's Avatar

Really? I always got the impression that most people had an issue with him..

I like seasons 9 and 10. I also find Bart the Daredevil to be extremely overrated

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sorny View Post
    Really? I always got the impression that most people had an issue with him..
    Some people don't like him on the commentaries, but most people like his characters a lot.

Just about half way through season 13, having not much knowledge of anything past 12 and I'm enjoying it very much indeed.

ooooooooooooooooooh leprechaun_dan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

- I like to consider Lard of the Dance, Wizard of Evergreen Terrace, Bart the Mother and Treehouse of Horror IX as part of the classic era and When You Dish Upon a Star the beginning of the post-classic era
    [SIZE=1] Check out my South Park episode ideas in my user notes (Note: It's the fifth and last note): http://www.nohomers.net/usernote.php...ewuser&u=41294

"I got blisters on me fingers!" ~ Ringo Starr (Helter Skelter)

Led Zeppelin IV > Houses of the Holy > Physical Graffiti > Led Zeppelin II > Led Zeppelin I > Led Zeppelin III > Presence > In Through the Out Door > Coda

Quote Originally Posted by leprechaun_dan View Post
    - I like to consider Lard of the Dance, Wizard of Evergreen Terrace, Bart the Mother and Treehouse of Horror IX as part of the classic era and When You Dish Upon a Star the beginning of the post-classic era
    I almost agree, but Lard of the Dance is just so tenth season (i.e. everything I dislike about Season 10 is in this episode), I'm surprised it was produced with Season 9. Same with When You Dish Upon a Star.

wait, who doesn't like lovitz on the commentaries?

Blog Entries

Crazy people

oh dear, I say! The Spruce Moose's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I like When You Dish Upon A Star. it's funny and at least makes some effort to mock the celebrities. there is much worse in Season 10 (Kidney Trouble, Sunday, Cruddy Sunday, Make Room for Lisa, Viva Ned Flanders and Monty Can't Buy Me Love spring to mind)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Egg Council Creepy View Post
    Here's FIVE non-rock songs I like:
    Take On Me
    Hello
    Mad World
    Unreal Superhero 3
    Lisa Frank 420/Modern Computing
    So i'm not a rockist

on a trip to squaresville Prune Tracy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

When You Dish Upon a Star had a great beginning, but fell apart right about when Homer met the celebrities.

Junior Camper

Quote Originally Posted by CousinMerl View Post
    'My Sister, My Sister' is a really, really good episode.
    You mean My Sister, My Sitter? The one where Lisa babysits Bart. The sisterectomy and the 10 foot sub?

Release the hounds... Sinister Burns's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ems215 View Post
    You mean My Sister, My Sitter? The one where Lisa babysits Bart. The sisterectomy and the 10 foot sub?
    Yep, that's the one.

ooooooooooooooooooh leprechaun_dan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Excellent episode.

don't quite cover all CousinMerl's Avatar

Heh, I never caught that typing error I made; it's fixed now. One of the most underrated episodes of all time.

Milhouse once mentioned a city very close to mine.
    Blog Entries

My Sister, My Sitter? Good? I say bah to that.

Blog Entries

i hated it the first time i watched it, but upon rewatch on the dvd it was pretty good.

same with poochie

Banned
    Blog Entries

I hate 'Behind the Laughter'. I just don't see what makes it so great. And I consider Seasons 10 - 14 to be as good, or if not sometimes better than Seasons 3 - 9 in their own ways. Seasons 3 - 9 has more character, more emotion and more realistic storylines, whereas Seasons 10 - 14 are funnier and wackier. And I also only hate two episodes from all that I've seen of the show - 'Saddlesore Galactica' and 'Behind the Laughter'.

Nature's Cruelest Mistake Infinity183's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GallifreyanGallade View Post
    I hate 'Behind the Laughter'. I just don't see what makes it so great. And I consider Seasons 10 - 14 to be as good, or if not sometimes better than Seasons 3 - 9 in their own ways. Seasons 3 - 9 has more character, more emotion and more realistic storylines, whereas Seasons 10 - 14 are funnier and wackier. And I also only hate two episodes from all that I've seen of the show - 'Saddlesore Galactica' and 'Behind the Laughter'.
    The humor in Seasons 3-9 was more complex, satirical, and often subtler than it was in 10-14. I agree there are some pretty good episodes during the post-classic era, but for me personally, "wackier" ≠ funnier. Cases in point: Sunday, Cruddy Sunday (S10) and The Mansion Family (S11). I think it's ironic you say Saddlesore Galactica is one of the only Scully/early Jean you dislike, since that's probably one of the wackiest episodes from that period.
    My favorite and least favorite episodes from each season:
    S1 - Krusty Gets Busted / The Call of the Simpsons S2 - Lisa's Substitute / The War of the Simpsons S3 - Homer at the Bat / Dog of Death S4 - Marge vs. the Monorail / Whacking Day S5 - Marge on the Lam / Bart Gets an Elephant S6 - Who Shot Mr. Burns?: Part 1 / Another Simpsons Clip Show S7 - Bart on the Road / Homerpalooza S8 - You Only Move Twice / The Twisted World of Marge Simpson S9 - The Joy of Sect / All Singing, All Dancing S10 - Simpsons Bible Stories / Sunday, Cruddy Sunday S11 - Treehouse of Horror X / It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad Marge S12 - Trilogy of Error / Tennis the Menace S13 - Half-Decent Proposal / The Sweetest Apu S14 - Moe Baby Blues / Brake My Wife, Please S15 - The Way We Weren't / Bart-Mangled Banner S16 - Sleeping with the Enemy / Thank God, It's Doomsday S17 - The Girl Who Slept Too Little / Homer's Paternity Coot S18 - 24 Minutes / The Boys of Bummer S19 - Eternal Moonshine of the Simpson Mind / Treehouse of Horror XVIII S20 - Gone, Maggie Gone / Dangerous Curves S21 - O Brother, Where Bart Thou? / The Greatest Story Ever D'ohed S22 - Homer the Father / The Fool Monty S23 - The Book Job / Politically Inept, with Homer Simpson S24 - The Saga of Carl / Love is a Many-Splintered Thing

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Infinity183 View Post
    The humor in Seasons 3-9 was more complex, satirical, and often subtler than it was in 10-14. I agree there are some pretty good episodes during the post-classic era, but for me personally, "wackier" ≠ funnier. Cases in point: Sunday, Cruddy Sunday (S10) and The Mansion Family (S11). I think it's ironic you say Saddlesore Galactica is one of the only Scully/early Jean you dislike, since that's probably one of the wackiest episodes from that period.
    Hmm... I wouldn't 'Saddlesore Galactica' is that wacky. In my opinion, an episode that's wacky has to have an unpredictable plot such as Marge developing road rage, Apu having octuplets, Homer's thumb being cut off, Lisa becoming Buddhist, etc.

30. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Swoony

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GallifreyanGallade View Post
    Hmm... I wouldn't 'Saddlesore Galactica' is that wacky. In my opinion, an episode that's wacky has to have an unpredictable plot such as Marge developing road rage, Apu having octuplets, Homer's thumb being cut off, Lisa becoming Buddhist, etc.
    Those are wacky? I guess they aren't completely normal, but I think a secret world where jockeys live as elves and threaten to eat Homer's brain is among the wackier things I've seen.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Frightened Inmate No. 2 View Post
    Those are wacky? I guess they aren't completely normal, but I think a secret world where jockeys live as elves and threaten to eat Homer's brain is among the wackier things I've seen.
    That's not wacky, that's absolutely bizarre. There's a fine line between wacky and what you see when you're high.

Thread Information