View Poll Results: How would you rate this episode?

Voters
163. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5/5 Laura Powers

5 3.07%
  • 4/5 Jessica Lovejoy

18 11.04%
  • 3/5 Greta Wolfcastle

51 31.29%
  • 2/5 Milhouse Van Houten

43 26.38%
  • 1/5 Lady Gaga

46 28.22%
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Rate and Review: "Moonshine River" (PABF21)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Yes her voice was strange.... And for the song, it wasn't good but not that bad IMO...
    My Simpsons Season 26 Ratings/Reviews:
    Clown in the Dumps : 1/5 / The Wreck of the Relationship : 3,5/5 / Super Franchise Me : 3/5 / Simpson Horror Show XXV : 2,75/5

Blog Entries

That Mount Everest Family Guy looks more promising than this imo...

Banned
    Blog Entries

So sad... yet true.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome B. Wonderful View Post
    That Mount Everest Family Guy looks more promising than this imo...
    I'm sad to admit it but True story Bro...

But I'm sure the next two Simpsons episode will be good.

Blog Entries

The new THOH doesn't look any good from all these promos, but it can't be any worse than last years...

can it?

6. Thumbs Up To This Post by: zartok-35

It CAN'T be worst than THOH XXII, that's sure...

Blog Entries

You guys are lucky. I have to wait 2 to 3 hours to watch the episode. Stupid east coasters/people from all over the world. Get everything before ME

Family Guy's new episode looks like it's going to be better then Moonshine River. Why am I not surprise

Blog Entries

Don't hate east coasters because we got tha swagga.

And I guess that Lisa kissing Millhouse thing was just a dream or something...

I'm baaaack! Patches O'houlihan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Actually, the Central Timer's get it first because we have a 7 pm showing for new episodes.
    Well, ya'know if you stay positive and forget about trivial things like "proper characterization," "Satire," and "emotional depth" watching new Simpsons episodes can be a seemingly enjoyable lie.

I tried watching a new episode the Simpsons, but I realized the show hit a new low, like a brand new, underground parking structure of sadness.

I'm not sure how I feel about this episode yet. The Family Guy episode just resorted to canabilism so I guess it could have been worse.

Blog Entries

I can now say it. A Family Guy episode where they resorted to eating a man is a lot better than this episode.

13. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Snaked

Hired Goon
    Blog Entries

Well, it has come. The season opener. We all knew it was coming and quality-wise, we didn't quite know how it was going to go. Well, here's how I think it went.

Moonshine River started out really well. I genuinely felt sorry for Bart about his trouble with his past troubled relationships, especially since I could kind of relate. One thing I also admired that they actually did show Jessica Lovejoy - thank God it wasn't just a post-classic centric. The jokes were all very funny, especially the Grand Prix/Tour de Springfield crossover and Homer swapping the Flanders house with a New York family.

Then the family got to NY - still chugging along, but something was amiss. If you actually watch Apocalypse Cow, you could clearly tell that Bart and Mary felt nothing for one another - they were both going at great lengths to not kiss each other. Here, they both kissed each other with no hesitation. Still pretty good, if flawed. But then Cletus returns for some random reason.

Then it goes down from there. I mean, Cletus is just like "you're a-comin' home with me" and then Mary goes away to some place that I don't believe is ever specified. Then we get a rushed schmaltzy ending with Bart going "ohhh, a girl liked me."

The humor was above average for the modern show and before the big cop-out, and the writing and execution was good as well. Pretty decent premiere, much better than Falcon and the D'ohman and Elementary School Musical. I'm going to give it a low 4/5 (B-) Season 15 of Zombie Simpsons is off to a good start.
    My Simpsons Season Rankings:
    6 > 7 > 3 > 5 > 8 > 4 > 2 > 1 > 9 > 15 > 13 > 14 > 10 > 16 > 12 > 11 > 22 > 21 > 17 > 25 > 24 > 18 > 26 > 20 > 19 > 23

Quote Originally Posted by handsome
    honestly the most burning question i had about you was if you had seen every disney movie so i'm glad that got out of the way first

Not a bad episode, and I really thought it was going to be worse reading the synopsis (New York, again? Zooey, again?), but still it felt kind of bland and forgettable.

The gags for the most part were actually pretty good. I was wondering what kind of gags they were going to use this time since they certainly couldn't do what they did in the last New York episode (for more than one reason), and I actually laughed at Marge and Lisa's escapades in the big city. Unlike last time where they did just about everything they could and the hijinks ensued, this time the premise was more realistic, but still funny. Let's face it, a family like the Simpsons could not do things like see a Broadway show, or visit museums, simply because these days they are very expensive endeavors. The Shakespeare in the park was a fun little culmination of it all too, though despite the ending gag, it could have been a little shorter. Homer had a good moment here and there too, even if they were a little too slap-stick.

Despite my enjoyment of the subplot, I agree that the time spent on it could have better served the main plot. Zooey Deschanel did an okay job with the role again, but I was never particularly interested in her and Bart's relationship. We don't see all that much chemistry between them, making it harder to believe that this was a bonding worth going to New York for, and the song was pretty forgettable and unfunny too. Then it all gets resolved in the turn of a dime with Cletus showing up out of nowhere (how did he even find her? Did her brother rat her out?), and Bart helping her escape again, again done too quickly and without enough weight. It made the final scene with Bart pining her seem hollow.

Once again, I enjoyed myself here and there, and I didn't dislike the episode, but as a sequel to Apocalypse Cow and a chance to re-explore Bart's relationship with Mary (and even his romance problems in general), it just didn't work all that well. I give this episode a very weak 3/5, hopefully next week's very early Halloween special can be better.
    When I grow up I'm going to Bovine University

This episode accomplished nothing. There really wasn't a story, it was just the Simpsons going to NYC (again) and Bart spending time with Mary. The episode did nothing to make me care about the Bart/Mary relationship and Marge and Lisa's B-story was very predictable and just not exciting. Homer was simply in there for a few jokes from time to time and added nothing to either plot. Only thing cool about the episode was the Khlav Kalash guy callback. 1/5 ...It's gonna be a long season...

Same old same old. Rushed story, but there are some hilarious moments in this but the narrative was quite frankly terrible.
    Obviously not enough time to develop this story but I enjoyed it for the most part

6/10 could do better.

a whiz with cold drinks Noroomatthe Innmate No. 2's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I plan on watching the episode in the morning, so I was going to see what everybody thought of it first. All I can say is that I'm glad that I haven't seen any Worst. Episode. Ever. comments.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Sandford II View Post
    While not humorous, would be cool if someone actually put this in their sig.

Blog Entries

Contender. For. Worst. Episode. Ever.

Blog Entries

You just had to crush my hopes.

inside of your skeleton, slowly feeding away at your insides,
    Blog Entries

Is this the most excited people have been for a season premiere in a while?
    Season Rankings
    7 > 6 > 8 > 4 > 3 > 5 > 2 > 1 > 9 > 10 > 13 > 12 > 15 > 14 > 16 > 18 > 17 > 20 > 19 > 21 > 22 > 23

Motto

If you do drugs, you go to hell, before you die. Please.
    Quote Originally Posted by InsomniaDealer View Post
    I trust Al Jean more than I trust my own mother. That bitch.

Blog Entries

Probably

Blog Entries

It's like this every year.

"went to pick up cigarettes" Tubbb!'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

The only season premiere I was actually ever genuinely excited about was Season 7.
    I remember having a fresh tape in the VCR, and closely watching the "Springfield's Most Wanted" spoof.

Then... the baby did it.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedwaySquad View Post
    You liked this episode, I didn't. There's no need to get so worked up about it.
    "In Rand McNally, they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people!"
    "Oh, I've wasted my life."

Blog Entries

Now I'm even more scared about the episode, since the AV Club gave it a C- which, by their standards, means they didn't like it.

I actually REALLY liked this episode. I'd give it like a B. It was pretty funny and the story was genuinely sweet. I guess I'm all alone in my opinion though
    Top Five Episodes: The PTA Disbands, Last Exit to Springfield, Mr. Plow, Marge vs. the Monorail and Eternal Moonshine of the Simpson Mind.

I wasn't as excited this season. I kind of knew what to expect this season...

Starting the episode with an incredibly minor sub-plot/joke that then leads to the lead-in sub-plot before finally getting to the main plot.
    Adding tons and tons of guest stars for each season.
    The animation seems to get a bit cheaper at times.
    Extended "Creative" couch gags.
    Most background/one-time female characters having that exact same stock Tress MacNeille voice.
    The "gotta cram in as many Harry Shearer and Pamela Hayden characters as we can" thing they do in some episodes where they aren't major players.
    Inexperienced new or freelance writers that would write a rather poor episode on their first attempt.
    Trying to imitate Family Guy or even *gack* Bob's Burgers in some way.

And I could try to think of more...

Blog Entries

So the average grade for the episode so far is a little over 2.5, which is about a B- my grading standards, which I guess is acceptable. Optimism rising.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Frightened Inmate #2 View Post
    Now I'm even more scared about the episode, since the AV Club gave it a C- which, by their standards, means they didn't like it.
    http://www.avclub.com/articles/moonshine-river,85334/
    "Last season’s finale, “Lisa Goes Gaga,” is no classic, but it’s fine as a good-natured spoofing of guest voice Lady Gaga."
    ...and that's where I stopped reading.
    Last edited by Tubbb!; 09-30-2012 at 06:13 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wiley207 View Post
    or even *gack* Bob's Burgers

I'm baaaack! Patches O'houlihan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tubb! View Post
    http://www.avclub.com/articles/moonshine-river,85334/
    "Last season’s finale, “Lisa Goes Gaga,” is no classic, but it’s fine as a good-natured spoofing of guest voice Lady Gaga."
    ...and that's where I stopped reading.
    It was apt. I mean, how many celebs can utilize their psychic powers to heal the wounded souls of disenfranchised 8yr old girls while whizzing by at 200 mph on their Glam train?

32. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Lionheart

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rango View Post
    It was apt. I mean, how many celebs can utilize their psychic powers to heal the wounded souls of disenfranchised 8yr old girls while whizzing by at 200 mph on their Glam train?
    Apparently only Gaga, and maybe Bowie.

Bowie can do anything.

Thread Information