Page 7 of 181 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757107 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 210 of 5401



Thread: Family Guy general discussion/upcoming episode thread



(Users Browsing this Thread: )

  1. #181
    :< tyler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    water valley, ms
    Posts
    11,018
    Blog Entries
    134


    Quote Originally Posted by Handsome B. Wonderful View Post
    one of the road to's
    probably road to the multiverse? i can't see most people hating that one.

  2. #182
    Administrator Sam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    34,384
    Blog Entries
    513


    road to the north pole. i didn't really like multiverse that much imo

  3. #183
    Nintendo Dance Party! ManiacalRoboKiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
    Posts
    8,864
    Blog Entries
    23


    Quote Originally Posted by Handsome B. Wonderful View Post
    road to the north pole. i didn't really like multiverse that much imo
    That's probably the best episode they pulled off in the last 5 years...lol That and Back to the Pilot!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bart Flimpson's Dracula View Post
    Like Seth MacFarlane's addiction to creating terrible new shows, Matt Groening has a problem with concluding a show. He needs therapy.

  4. #184
    :< tyler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    water valley, ms
    Posts
    11,018
    Blog Entries
    134


    back to the pilot is unusually good, not to mention oddly self-aware. it's too bad they can spot their flaws, but won't bother doing anything to fix them.


  5. #185
    Nintendo Dance Party! ManiacalRoboKiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
    Posts
    8,864
    Blog Entries
    23


    There's been MANY recent episodes of Family Guy that are self-aware of how the fanbase perceives the newer episodes. Yet they don't care if they improve the quality as long as they're still getting $$$. Simpsons is sorta the same way, except with The Simpsons it actually feels like they're trying to do different things and tell different jokes even if they FAIL miserably at it! Family Guy will re-use gags/jokes or make a single joke drag on for a whole minute and a half or more. It's just SO lazy.

  6. #186
    coughing up snot Insomnia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    driveway
    Posts
    19,771
    Blog Entries
    42


    Now that I yhink about it there have been a few epispdes between season 8-11 that I have liked, Road to Northpole, and than there were Fewer and Road to the Pilot. And that's it.

  7. #187
    Administrator Sam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    34,384
    Blog Entries
    513


    Quote Originally Posted by Austin Evans View Post
    There's been MANY recent episodes of Family Guy that are self-aware of how the fanbase perceives the newer episodes. Yet they don't care if they improve the quality as long as they're still getting $$$. Simpsons is sorta the same way, except with The Simpsons it actually feels like they're trying to do different things and tell different jokes even if they FAIL miserably at it! Family Guy will re-use gags/jokes or make a single joke drag on for a whole minute and a half or more. It's just SO lazy.
    family guy in its current form is much better than simpsons in its current form. i'm sorry, it just is.

  8. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Ryan

  9. #188


    Agreed. Family Guy does have its awkward moments, but I still watch it on a weekly basis because it makes me laugh. I stopped watching The Simpsons.

    What do you think they put in the Bug Juice?
    Bugs?
    No they don't. Come on...shut up.

  10. #189
    Nintendo Dance Party! ManiacalRoboKiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
    Posts
    8,864
    Blog Entries
    23


    They're both equally terrible and bad IMO!

  11. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Swoony

  12. #190
    :< tyler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    water valley, ms
    Posts
    11,018
    Blog Entries
    134


    Quote Originally Posted by The Duke of Insomnia View Post
    Now that I yhink about it there have been a few epispdes between season 8-11 that I have liked, Road to Northpole, and than there were Fewer and Road to the Pilot. And that's it.
    oh yeah, i forgot abut "and then there were fewer". quite enjoy that one, though it a tad convoluted.

  13. #191
    Administrator Sam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    34,384
    Blog Entries
    513


    well aside from a few peter moments, fewer was played out surprisingly serious.

  14. #192
    :< tyler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    water valley, ms
    Posts
    11,018
    Blog Entries
    134


    Quote Originally Posted by Handsome B. Wonderful View Post
    well aside from a few peter moments, fewer was played out surprisingly serious.
    "derrick held up the hollywood sign"

  15. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Sam

  16. #193
    Azarath metrion zinthos! Sweet_Potatoes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    2,621


    Every season so far has had at least a few episodes I've enjoyed....not this one. I honestly might give up on Family Guy after this season. Maybe I'll peruse the episode threads to see if there any good ones seeing after they air, but the new eps are so bad I don't even care about watching good reruns anymore.


  17. #194
    coughing up snot Insomnia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    driveway
    Posts
    19,771
    Blog Entries
    42


    Yeah so far this and last season havent had a single episode I have liked.
    Yet I continue to watch it.

  18. #195
    :< tyler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    water valley, ms
    Posts
    11,018
    Blog Entries
    134


    i always check the episode guide to see if there's anything worth watching. not much to speak of, besides the mildly interesting sounding valentine's day episode.

  19. #196
    Nintendo Dance Party! ManiacalRoboKiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
    Posts
    8,864
    Blog Entries
    23


    Quote Originally Posted by Sunny_Skies View Post
    Every season so far has had at least a few episodes I've enjoyed....not this one. I honestly might give up on Family Guy after this season. Maybe I'll peruse the episode threads to see if there any good ones seeing after they air, but the new eps are so bad I don't even care about watching good reruns anymore.
    feel the same way in regards to re-runs. The new ones are SO bad I can't watch the old good ones as it reminds me of the new ones and it reminds me how decent this show use to be and it makes the experience sour. Strangely the Simpsons isn't like that because the old episodes were SO good and classics that they will always be funny and watchable unlike this show. >_>

  20. #197
    The Chosen One Walid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    'cause I live at home in a trailer...
    Posts
    32,932
    Blog Entries
    137


    little late but i like fewer

    mysteries in general always interest me

  21. #198
    Administrator Sam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    34,384
    Blog Entries
    513


    i liked the valentines episode but that's aboudit.


  22. #199
    :< tyler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    water valley, ms
    Posts
    11,018
    Blog Entries
    134


    Quote Originally Posted by Handsome B. Wonderful View Post
    i liked the valentines episode but that's aboudit.
    shit, i guess i need to hunt that one down then.

  23. #200
    Administrator Sam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    34,384
    Blog Entries
    513


    just goto watchcartoonsonline or maybe hulu. hulu probably still has it up.


  24. #201
    :< tyler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    water valley, ms
    Posts
    11,018
    Blog Entries
    134


    i'll make time for it later, just read about it a little. holy shit @ the whole ending with brian in bed with all of his girlfriends. so, i guess they can put his relationship bullshit to rest? that sounds like closure to me.

  25. #202
    Comic Book Me Shaunbadia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    28,634
    Blog Entries
    1


    Quote Originally Posted by Kaos View Post
    i'll make time for it later, just read about it a little. holy shit @ the whole ending with brian in bed with all of his girlfriends. so, i guess they can put his relationship bullshit to rest? that sounds like closure to me.
    This is FG we're talking about. They'll give Brian more girlfriends so that they can do more stuff like that in future.
    How to remaster

  26. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Swoony

  27. #203
    :< tyler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    water valley, ms
    Posts
    11,018
    Blog Entries
    134


    Quote Originally Posted by Shaunbadia View Post
    This is FG we're talking about. They'll give Brian more girlfriends so that they can do more stuff like that in future.
    *sigh* yeah i know. just wishful thinking.

  28. #204
    Comic Book Me Shaunbadia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    28,634
    Blog Entries
    1


    Hell, maybe when they run out of relationship ideas for Brian they can just do an episode where Stewie creates a disguise so convincing that he manages to trick Brian into having sex with him. It's creepy, I know, but at least they could finally be done with the running gag of Stewie being attracted to him.


  29. #205
    Administrator Sam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    34,384
    Blog Entries
    513


    even though he totally isn't cuz he's straight

  30. #206
    in the back of a pick-up Ryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    26,873
    Blog Entries
    5


    Quote Originally Posted by Handsome B. Wonderful View Post
    family guy in its current form is much better than simpsons in its current form. i'm sorry, it just is.
    Family Guy at least tries to do these unique high concept episodes every once-in-a-while, and more often than not they hit rather than miss. The Simpsons just sits on their ass and only allows outside-the-box work to flourish in their opening sequence... for some bizarre reason.

    The regular episodes however are mostly irritating, with one good genuine laugh in there somewhere. You have to go thru a shitload of anti-semitic jokes to get to it though.
    twitter

    Quote Originally Posted by IdiotDetector View Post
    Two and a Half Men is no more an "adult show" than "Rocket Power."

  31. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Sam, Swoony, tyler

  32. #207
    Comic Book Me Shaunbadia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    28,634
    Blog Entries
    1


    Quote Originally Posted by Handsome B. Wonderful View Post
    even though he totally isn't cuz he's straight
    Wassamadda bro? U homo?

  33. #208
    Administrator Sam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    34,384
    Blog Entries
    513


    yes im homo. for chicks!!

  34. #209
    Comic Book Me Shaunbadia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    28,634
    Blog Entries
    1


    Quote Originally Posted by Handsome B. Wonderful View Post
    yes im homo. for chicks!!
    Homo for chicks? So basically what your trying to say is you let women bone you with a strap-on.


  35. #210
    :< tyler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    water valley, ms
    Posts
    11,018
    Blog Entries
    134


    the way it should be



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •