Page 5 of 180 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555105 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 150 of 5379



Thread: Family Guy general discussion/upcoming episode thread



(Users Browsing this Thread: )

  1. #121
    Nintendo Dance Party! ManiacalRoboKiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
    Posts
    8,864
    Blog Entries
    23


    When people talk about emotion in Futurama they bring up Jurassic Bark yet I found "Luck of the Fryish", "The Sting", "Time Keeps on Slipping", and "The Devil's Hands are Idle Playthings" much more emotional. I guess it was because when I first saw that episode I wasn't much of a dog person and I always believe in people before pets...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bart Flimpson's Dracula View Post
    Like Seth MacFarlane's addiction to creating terrible new shows, Matt Groening has a problem with concluding a show. He needs therapy.

  2. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Swoony

  3. #122
    Administrator Sam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    34,355
    Blog Entries
    503


    i'd rather save a puppy than a baby because they're cuter.


  4. #123
    Nintendo Dance Party! ManiacalRoboKiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
    Posts
    8,864
    Blog Entries
    23


    my bad posted it in the wrong thread can a mod delete that post please...lol I'm a bit drunk.

  5. #124
    will dance for money lolcats1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    inside of your skeleton, slowly feeding away at your insides,
    Posts
    3,169
    Blog Entries
    30


    Quote Originally Posted by Handsome B. Wonderful View Post
    i'd rather save a puppy than a baby because they're cuter.
    dawww who's a cute puppy?
    Season Rankings
    7 > 6 > 8 > 4 > 3 > 5 > 2 > 1 > 9 > 10 > 13 > 12 > 15 > 14 > 16 > 18 > 17 > 20 > 19 > 21 > 22 > 23

    Motto

    If you do drugs, you go to hell, before you die. Please.
    Quote Originally Posted by InsomniaDealer View Post
    I trust Al Jean more than I trust my own mother. That bitch.

  6. #125
    Comic Book Me Shaunbadia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    28,634
    Blog Entries
    1


    Quote Originally Posted by Handsome B. Wonderful View Post
    It's listed as a special feature on the set but not in the menus. I just consider it that since it's really part of season 2 isn't it?
    Yeah it is part of Season 2, but it didn't air until the end of Season 3 (The last episode of which was really "Family Guy Viewer Mail #1")
    How to remaster

  7. #126
    Administrator Sam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    34,355
    Blog Entries
    503


    Do Family Guy volumes 9 and 10 have the original televised versions hidden somewhere? Can't find them.

  8. #127
    Comic Book Me Shaunbadia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    28,634
    Blog Entries
    1


    Quote Originally Posted by Handsome B. Wonderful View Post
    Do Family Guy volumes 9 and 10 have the original televised versions hidden somewhere? Can't find them.
    No. What gave you that idea?

  9. #128
    Administrator Sam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    34,355
    Blog Entries
    503


    Because the AD! ones do and I think the televised versions are vastly superior.

  10. #129
    Comic Book Me Shaunbadia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    28,634
    Blog Entries
    1


    Quote Originally Posted by Handsome B. Wonderful View Post
    Because the AD! ones do and I think the televised versions are vastly superior.
    Our AD sets don't have that...or if they do, I don't know how to find them. Either way I don't care.

  11. #130
    Administrator Sam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    34,355
    Blog Entries
    503


    but the televised versions are easily funnier.

  12. #131
    Comic Book Me Shaunbadia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    28,634
    Blog Entries
    1


    Quote Originally Posted by Handsome B. Wonderful View Post
    but the televised versions are easily funnier.
    Why exactly? Is it just because they bleep the swears?

  13. #132
    Just pity laugh Swoony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    In a van down by the river
    Posts
    9,463
    Blog Entries
    60


    Bleeped swearing is often funnier, yes.


    Quote Originally Posted by zachbigmac View Post
    @Swoony your just a poser and dont tell me
    your not cause i can read you like a fucking book.

  14. #133
    Comic Book Me Shaunbadia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    28,634
    Blog Entries
    1


    Quote Originally Posted by Knifey_Spoony View Post
    Bleeped swearing is often funnier, yes.
    I disagree, but whatever.

  15. #134
    Just pity laugh Swoony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    In a van down by the river
    Posts
    9,463
    Blog Entries
    60


    That's only because you swear like a sailor.

    Obviously there are exceptions, but swearing constantly just takes the punch and the humour out of it. I also like the mystery and subtleness they often have with bleeping the swears and you having to guess what it is instead of it being right out in the open.

  16. #135
    Comic Book Me Shaunbadia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    28,634
    Blog Entries
    1


    Quote Originally Posted by Knifey_Spoony View Post
    That's only because you swear like a sailor.
    True, but at the same time, what about when the creators themselves intend for their work to be seen uncensored?

    Besides, it's not even that the swearing itself is funny, it's just that people getting offended by it is funny.

  17. #136
    a whiz with cold drinks Frightened Inmate No. 2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    where immobile steel rims crack
    Posts
    8,630
    Blog Entries
    9


    This video wouldn't be as good without the bleeping.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Sandford II View Post
    While not humorous, would be cool if someone actually put this in their sig.


  18. #137
    coughing up snot Insomnia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    driveway
    Posts
    19,767
    Blog Entries
    42


    I never even found that funny, it depends on the show.

  19. #138
    Administrator Sam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    34,355
    Blog Entries
    503


    i'm just talking to my oven = best guest star line, bar none

  20. #139
    Comic Book Me Shaunbadia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    28,634
    Blog Entries
    1


    Quote Originally Posted by Frightened Inmate No. 2 View Post
    This video wouldn't be as good without the bleeping.

    It works on The Simpsons, but when it's a show that uses profanity a lot, like South Park or something it kinda works better unbleeped

  21. #140
    Administrator Sam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    34,355
    Blog Entries
    503


    not really

  22. #141
    Just pity laugh Swoony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    In a van down by the river
    Posts
    9,463
    Blog Entries
    60


    They don't even swear all that much on family guy (not super vulgar stuff often anyway).

    Now on south park bleeping would almost be pointless since they swear so often. Yeah I may some bleeping there would be funny but it's kinda worthless when they swear in practically every episode.

  23. #142
    Remember Me As I Was 1010011010's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    California Coast
    Posts
    7,353
    Blog Entries
    21


    The only Family Guy episode I've actually seen with the bleeps uncensored was Something, Something, Something Dark Side and it was really terrible and awkward whenever I heard the F-word used regularly. Pretty much every swear that's supposed to be bleeped felt extremely out of place whenever I heard them, unlike South Park where them saying curse words are mostly just for conversation sake instead of the point of the joke, also feeling a lot more natural when said.

    The worst one on the episode (though the entire special is pretty fucking horrible) would probably be the scene where Lois tells Peter that she loves him before he gets frozen in carbonite, only for him to say ''Fuck Off'' with a dull face and voice before being frozen. When I saw it censored on T.V., it was kind of funny because they bleeped both the Fuck and Off parts of Peter's dialogue, so I didn't know what he said and I got a little chuckle simply by hearing the bleep. When I saw the DVD however, it made Peter look like an extremely mean jerkass... um er than before and made me cringe extremely just hearing him tell Lois to fuck herself and really turned me off. There are a lot worser scenes on the show, but that just made me really mad and ruined even more of my watch of this terrible special that I only got because it was in the $3 bin at the Hope Chest.
    Just because I'm stupider than them, they think they're smarter than me!
    Simpsons Season 27 Ratings:
    Every Man's Dream-4.8/10 Cue Detective-6/10 Puffless-7/10 Halloween of Horror-8.4/10 Treehouse of Horror XXVI-(4.5, 5, 3.5) 4.25/10 Friend With Benefit-5/10 Lisa With An 'S'-5.5/10 Paths of Glory--/10 Barthood--/10 The Girl Code--/10 Teenage Mutant Milk-Caused Hurdles--/10 Much Apu About Something--/10 Gal of Constant Sorrow--/10 Love Is in the N2-O2-Ar-CO2-Ne-He-CH4--/10 Lisa the Veterinarian--/10 The Marge-ian Chronicles--/10 The Burns Cage--/10 How Lisa Got Her Marge Back--/10 Fland Canyon--/10 Simprovised--/10 To Courier With Love--/10 Orange is the New Yellow--/10
    Futurama Season 7B Ratings:
    2-D Blacktop-7.5/10 Fry and Leela's Big Fling-7.9/10 T.: The Terrestrial-8.2/10 Forty Percent Leadbelly-6.8/10 The Inhuman Torch-8.4/10 Saturday Morning Fun Pit-(9, 7, 8.5) 8.2/10 Calculon 2.0-8.7/10 Assie Come Home-8.5/10 Leela and the Genestalk-7.2/10 Game of Tones-9.2/10 Murder on The Planet Express-9/10 Stench and Stenchibility-8.5/10 Meanwhile-9.5/10
    Jumping the Shark since 1998...
    Alternate Ending Winner of NHC Survivor Season 1

  24. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Sam

  25. #143
    Azarath metrion zinthos! Sweet_Potatoes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    2,621


    I actually kind of like it uncensored. When I bought AD Volume 5 and watched it, I liked it so much better without censoring. The only time I really appreciate censoring is when there are multiple words that could fit somewhere and you have to guess which ones they are. I prefer it when they bleep out taking the Lord's name in vain, too.

    Any news on new FG episodes coming up?

  26. #144
    Comic Book Me Shaunbadia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    28,634
    Blog Entries
    1


    Quote Originally Posted by 1010011010 View Post
    The worst one on the episode (though the entire special is pretty fucking horrible) would probably be the scene where Lois tells Peter that she loves him before he gets frozen in carbonite, only for him to say ''Fuck Off'' with a dull face and voice before being frozen. When I saw it censored on T.V., it was kind of funny because they bleeped both the Fuck and Off parts of Peter's dialogue, so I didn't know what he said and I got a little chuckle simply by hearing the bleep. When I saw the DVD however, it made Peter look like an extremely mean jerkass... um er than before and made me cringe extremely just hearing him tell Lois to fuck herself and really turned me off.
    You're missing the point of the joke though, in the movie, Leia says "I love you" to Han right before he gets frozen despite spurring his advances up until that point. Realistically, if you were Han and that was said to you RIGHT BEFORE YOU WERE FUCKING FROZEN, you could see how damn frustrated he would be with the situation that he would say that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sunny_Skies View Post
    prefer it when they bleep out taking the Lord's name in vain, too.
    You mean God Damn? Or just in general "Like when they say Jesus, or Jesus Christ in an annoyed manner (Something which Seth prefers as opposed to saying "Damn it" because he grew up hearing people say "Jesus..." when they were aggravated and it feels more realistic to him.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sunny_Skies View Post
    Any news on new FG episodes coming up?
    "Call Girl" is scheduled to air this Sunday.
    When the Griffins are strapped for cash, Lois is forced to look for a job and gets discovered by a "voiceover" talent agent named Randy (Giovanni Ribisi), who actually runs an adults-only phone line. Shenanigans ensue when Lois settles into her gig and hears Peter on the other line.
    "Turban Cowboy" airs on the 17th
    After a skydiving accident, Peter becomes friends with an Islamic man who coerces Peter to convert to Islam, leaving Joe and Quagmire with suspicions about this new friend.
    And "12 and a Half Angry Men" airs on the 24th
    Mayor West is brought on trial for murder, leaving Brian to try and clear his name.

  27. #145
    Nintendo Dance Party! ManiacalRoboKiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
    Posts
    8,864
    Blog Entries
    23


    ^ Those episodes sound TERRIBLE! But not surprising this IS Family Guy afterall....guess all we can hope for is at least one good joke per episode. That's the best way to watch Family guy going in with EXTREMELY low expectations and being either pleasantly surprised or just going in as your coming out feeling nothing...

  28. #146
    Comic Book Me Shaunbadia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    28,634
    Blog Entries
    1


    Quote Originally Posted by Austin Evans View Post
    ^ Those episodes sound TERRIBLE! But not surprising this IS Family Guy afterall....guess all we can hope for is at least one good joke per episode. That's the best way to watch Family guy going in with EXTREMELY low expectations and being either pleasantly surprised or just going in as your coming out feeling nothing...
    "12 and a half angry men" sounds interesting, but I get the feeling that the "Call Girl" will just be Peter and Lois acting like horrible people and "Turban Cowboy" is going to be nothing but 9/11 and Suicide Bomber jokes.


  29. #147
    Remember Me As I Was 1010011010's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    California Coast
    Posts
    7,353
    Blog Entries
    21


    You mean like every other episode of the show.

  30. #148
    Comic Book Me Shaunbadia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    28,634
    Blog Entries
    1


    Quote Originally Posted by 1010011010 View Post
    You mean like every other episode of the show.
    In fairness, not every episode of the show has jokes about terrorist attacks.

  31. #149
    Administrator Sam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    34,355
    Blog Entries
    503


    Quote Originally Posted by Shaunbadia View Post
    You mean God Damn? Or just in general "Like when they say Jesus, or Jesus Christ in an annoyed manner (Something which Seth prefers as opposed to saying "Damn it" because he grew up hearing people say "Jesus..." when they were aggravated and it feels more realistic to him.
    I like this part, "JESUS CHRIST!!"
    "What?!"
    "Get the escalade, we're outta here!"
    But yeah that "fuck off" joke was probably just for the sake of saying it, not situational. face it, almost every episode since season 6 or 7 has had a couple BLEEPs in it.

  32. #150
    Azarath metrion zinthos! Sweet_Potatoes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    2,621


    Only "12 and a Half Angry Men" sounds any good, and since this is FG they're not going to do the play they're spoofing ("12 Angry Jurors") any justice whatsoever. Honestly, this entire season so far has just been abysmal. At this point in every season I've usually enjoyed two or three episodes, but the only one so far that sounds good is "Valentine's Day in Quahog" (which I haven't watched yet, but hardly care at this point). Whereas, AD has been superb! Anyone watching both shows this season who thinks FG can even hold a candle to AD anymore is off their rocker.

    @Shaunbadia I prefer both of those examples censored, but it's not a huge deal. I've just never liked those terms along with a few others that annoy the crap out of me and I'm glad they're censored. I feel the same way about the c word.....it's tacky and if it's going to be on a show I'm watching, I prefer it censored.



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •