Page 180 of 185 FirstFirst ... 80130170171172173174175176177178179180181182183184185 LastLast
Results 5,371 to 5,400 of 5523

Thread: Family Guy general discussion/upcoming episode thread

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Wrote the book on flimflammin Grifty McGrift's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Actually, it was roughly one minute. 50-ish seconds if we're being specific and starting the timer when he actually picks up the head to the point where it lands at the top.

Still, it was a little longer then it needed to be. Though it's still better then some of the other overly-long gags from last year.
    Family Guy Season 18 Ratings - Yacht Rocky: 1.5/5 Bri-Da: 2.5/5 Absolutely Babulous: 1.5/5 Disney's The Reboot: 1.5/5 Cat Fight: 1.5/5 Peter & Lois' Wedding: .5/5 Heart Burn: 1.5/5 Shanksgiving: .5/5 Christmas is Coming: 2/5 Connie's Celica: 0/5 Short Cuts: 2/5 Undergrounded: 1.5/5 Rich Old Stewie: 3.5/5 The Movement: .5/5 Baby Stewie: 0/5 Start Me Up: 1/5 Coma Guy: 1/5 Better Off Meg: .5/5 Holy Bibble: 0/5 Movin' In (Principal Shepherd's Song): 0/5
    American Dad! Season 16 Ratings - 100 Years a Solid Fool: 0/5 A Starboy is Born: 1/5 Tapped Out: 0/5 Brave N00b World: 0/5 Into the Woods: 0/5 One Fish, Two Fish: 1/5 Exquisite Corpses: 2/5 Trophy Wife, Trophy Life: 1.5/5 Game Night: 2/5 American Data?: 0/5 Salute Your Sllort: 0/5 Ghost Dad: .5/5 Men II Boyz: 0/5 First, Do No Farm: 1.5/5 Roger Needs Dick: 0/5 The Old Country: 0/5 Businessly Brunette: .5/5 The Chilly Thrillies: 1/5 Dammmm, Stan: 1.5/5 The Last Ride of the Dodge City Rambler: 0/5 300: 0/5

Quote Originally Posted by sideshow ken View Post
    When I saw that clip with Chris trying to throw Chad's head, I was screaming STOP! jUST STOP!! It went on for 5 minutes. Stop with these over long gags!! Herbert has to die! He has worn out his welcome and that was a predictable gag. The only part I liked was Peter and Quagmire being covered by cats. I agree that the clips were weak.
    Oh gee another season of disasters. Keep it up Seth and company!

4. Thumbs Up To This Post by: kwijibo

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by John95 View Post
    Eh... Pretty weak offering of clips if you ask me.
    I don't know... the Beavis & Butthead parody was good.

But yeah, I have to agree that some of the clips were kinda weak. That head-tossing scene was painful to sit through!

@kwijibo, The Beavis & Butthead one was alright.

The clip of that guy getting his head cut off by the oar was just as bad.

7. Thumbs Up To This Post by: kwijibo

Banned

Have to agree with you on that one!

9. Thumbs Up To This Post by: John95

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

The writers haven’t learned from that whale scene from Peter Problems. Mixing overly long gags and excessive gore is never good unless you’re a chicken fight.

According to the schedule, these are the episodes confirmed to premiere for the fall:
    9/29: Yacht Rocky
    10/6: Bri-Da
    10/13: Absolutely Babulous
    11/3: Cat Fight
    11/10: Peter and Lois’ Wedding
    Simpsons: 4 > 6 = 7 > 5 > 3 > 8 > 2 > 14 > 15 > 13 = 10 > 9 > 16 > 20 > 1 > 24 = 21 > 26 > 22 = 25 > 23 > 19 = 27 > 18 = 28 > 12 > 11 > 17 = 29

Family Guy: 4 > 3 > 2 > 1 > 5 = 6 > 15 > 16 > 10 > 14 > > 7 = 11 = 9 > 8 > 12 = 13

American Dad: 4 > 3 > 2 > 1 > 6 > 5 > 8 > 9 > 7 = 11 > 10 > 13 (so far) > 12

The Cleveland Show: 2 > 1 > 4 > 3

Futurama: 5 > 4 = 1 > 2 = 3 > 7 > 6

Rick and Morty: 2 > 1 > 3

Blog Entries

That trailer was awesome! I am so excited for season 18! #FamilyGuyForever30SeasonsPls

Mmmmmmmm, floor pie

Quote Originally Posted by fas1997 View Post
    According to the schedule, these are the episodes confirmed to premiere for the fall:
    IIRC, they left an episode off of the "early announce schedule" last season as well - I think it was "Pal Stewie."

10/27 will be World Series Game 5 (or a repeat if the series ends in 4 games).

Yacht Rocky (9/29)
    When the brewery announces it will be firing one employee, Peter is nervous he will be the one let go. In order to calm his nerves, the family departs on a Yacht Rock cruise that doesn't go as expected.

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

It's sad that this is the only returning FOX cartoon I'm still looking forward to. I'm just glad they're making a few new cartoons for the next couple years.

Bri-Da (10/6)
    Peter and his friends are sick of forgetting the million-dollar business ideas they come up with while drinking, so they strap on Joe's police body cams to record their every move. Meanwhile, Quagmire is trying to come to terms with an unexpected family development.

Mmmmmmmm, floor pie

Well, if we're publishing upcoming episode blurbs here, here's Absolutely Babulous (10/16):
    When Stewie receives a participation medal in his school's toddler games, he begins to question everything he has ever won. Meanwhile, Peter causes a fight between Lois' parents and must repair the damage he caused.

Just released promo pics for Absolutely Babulous shows that this'll be the episode with the house fire scene from the Comic-Con trailer.

Mmmmmmmm, floor pie

Quote Originally Posted by fas1997 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by That Don Guy View Post
    IIRC, they left an episode off of the "early announce schedule" last season as well - I think it was "Pal Stewie."
    They did it again - 10/20 is a new epsiode: "Disney's The Reboot"
    In a special meta episode of FAMILY GUY, the network decides that it's time to explore some unique ways to reboot the series. When three versions of the reboots are shown to a focus group, the feedback takes some surprising turns.

They did it again - 10/20 is a new epsiode: "Disney's The Reboot"
    Didn't they do a 3 segment episode just 2 seasons ago? Oh wait they did that THRICE in season 16! I don't even know if I'm going to bother to torture myself with this new season.

Cat Fight (11/3)
    When Quagmire opens a cat café in town, Brian decides to take a stand to get the café shut down. Meanwhile, when Meg and Chris get in trouble at school, Lois becomes nervous and decides they need to go to church camp in order to find their way.

Mmmmmmmm, floor pie

Peter & Lois' Wedding (11/10)
    The Wi-Fi goes out in the Griffin house, leaving the family with nothing to do for the evening. In order to keep the family entertained, Peter and Lois decide to tell the kids the story of how they met and fell in love in the '90s
    Not to be confused with the Simpsons episode "The Way we Was":
    The TV goes out in the Simpson house, leaving the family with nothing to do for the evening. In order to keep the family entertained, Homer and Marge decide to tell the kids the story of how they met and fell in love in the '70s

Also, if the World Series ends in four games (or game 5 is rained out), "Island Adventure" will be repeated on 10/29
    Last edited by That Don Guy; 10-16-2019 at 09:17 AM.

Great, we're gonna get our own version of That 90's Show since they've previously established Peter & Lois falling in love in the 80's!

How much you wanna bet that they'll even point out this retcon akin to "If you don't like it, go on the internet and complain about it!"?

Mmmmmmmm, floor pie

Quote Originally Posted by John95 View Post
    Great, we're gonna get our own version of That 90's Show since they've previously established Peter & Lois falling in love in the 80's!

How much you wanna bet that they'll even point out this retcon akin to "If you don't like it, go on the internet and complain about it!"?
    They're hit-and-miss with this sort of thing. If it's internal to the episode, like the scene you mention (where Stewie points out Brian has a son older than Brian is), they mention it, but if it's a retcon of a past episode, they ignore it - case in point: in "Back to the Pilot," nobody has a problem with Brian and Stewie going back in time 10 years and meeting themselves, even though neither one of them should have been born yet at that point.

The prospect of another Brian vs Quagmire episode with "Cat Fight" doesn't exactly fill me with optimism and glee.
    A little less Generic than before.

25. Thumbs Up To This Post by: John95

@Beggs, Especially since it sounds like the kind where neither of them are sympathetic (Quagmire being unintentionally so as always).

Hercules Rockefeller Homer Samson's Avatar

I wonder when they are going to reveal the new Mayor of Quahog? If they do and it isn't Burt Ward, than this show has failed me
    Best and Worst Episode per Season:
    1: Krusty Gets Busted/Homer's Night Out 2: One Fish, Two Fish, Blowfish, Blue Fish/Bart's Dog Gets an 'F' 3: Bart the Murderer/Saturdays of Thunder 4: Homer the Heretic/So Its Come To This: A Simpsons Clip Show 5: Cape Feare/Lady Bouvier's Lover 6: Homie the Clown/Another Simpsons Clip Show 7: Raging Abe Simpson and his Grumbling Grandson in " The Curse of the Flying Hellfish"/Scenes From the Class Struggle in Springfield 8: The Springfield Files/The Old Man and the Lisa 9: The City of New York vs. Homer Simpson/Miracle on Evergreen Terrace 10: Mayored to the Mob/Homer Simpson in: Kidney Trouble 11: Grift of the Magi/Eight Misbehavin' 12: Trilogy of Error/I'm Goin' to Praiseland 13: The Blunder Years/The Lastest Gun in the West 14: Moe Baby Blues/The Strong Arms of the Ma 15: My Mother the Carjacker/Co-Dependent's Day 16: The Heartbroke Kid/Homer and Ned's Hail Mary Pass 17: The Seemingly Never-Ending Story/The Bonfire of the Manatees 18: The Mook, The Chef, The Wife, and Her Homer/The Boys of Bummer 19: Eternal Moonshine of the Simpson Mind/Husbands and Knives 20: Gone Maggie Gone/Lisa the Drama Queen 21: The Squirt and the Whale/The Greatest Story Ever D'ohed 22: Homer Scissorhands/The Fight Before Christmas 23: The Book Job/Lisa Goes Gaga 24: The Saga of Carl/Love is a Many-Splintered Thing 25: Brick Like Me/What to Expect When Bart's Expecting 26: Sky Police/The Musk Who Fell to Earth 27: Barthood/Every Man's Dream 28: 22 for 30/The Caper Chase 29: Flanders' Ladder/Singin' in the Lane 30: Woo-hoo Dunnit?/I Want You (She's So Heavy)

Peter & Lois' Wedding (11/10)

Not to be confused with the Simpsons episode "The Way we Was":
    https://giphy.com/explore/simpsons-did-it

It was unfair for people to give this show the third degree for "ripping" the simpsons when they never did it was just coincidence that plots were similar in some episodes.

The promo pics for Peter & Lois' Wedding further convinces me that it's gonna be this show's version of That 90's Show.

Heart Burn (11/17)
    In celebration of Peter and Lois' anniversary, the Griffins recount their own versions of three well-known love stories.

Mmmmmmmm, floor pie

Shanksgiving (11/24)
    When Lois hosts a special Thanksgiving dinner for her family, Peter decides the best way to avoid it is to get arrested.
    Meanwhile, a secret that Stewie has been keeping from everyone is revealed

Pin Pal

Is anybody a member on the website The MacFarlaneverse? I am and I go by the name New Griffin. If you are, has anybody heard of a member named ShadowGriffin? He is a snotty, nasty punk who doesn't respect opinions. When I said I hate Peter Griffin, he gives me a rant on how I should get off my high horse and not be so high and mighty which I wasn't. I was just giving my honest opinion. Anyway, I hope none of you have to deal with him.

Blog Entries

As the admin of that site, I have to deal with him frequently, sadly.

Pin Pal

Thank you Grifty McGrift. I'm glad that I'm not the only one. What I also hate about him is that he ranks every episode a 5. Not all episodes deserve a 5. I quitted arguing with him because he is an a-hole and it wasn't worth it.

Thread Information