Thread: Family Guy general discussion/upcoming episode thread

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Blog Entries

STOP quoting ppl above you please and thanks

I never thought of that. Maybe they did based on Junior but I thought Junior was better. At least Arnold gave birth to a human baby girl and yes it was very creepy to see Baby Herman with an adult girlfriend. He is as just as creepy as Herbert.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grifty McGrift View Post
    Just like Bart having a teacher, the town having a mayor is essential, unless they just avoid writing that requires someone in charge, which probably makes for worse episode cause of restrictions.
    Eh, they could still have Tom Tucker delivering news on TV of some bullshit Mayor West has done if they require a setup for a story where some weird new change to the law is made.
    How to remaster

Junior Camper

Yet Stewie is like Brain from Pinkie and the Brain meets Baby Herman in a way.

And now that Adam is dead, who will they replace with? James Woods or someone?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grifty McGrift View Post
    Just like Bart having a teacher, the town having a mayor is essential, unless they just avoid writing that requires someone in charge, which probably makes for worse episode cause of restrictions.
    i dunno if it's essential, like you said it stunts some plots, but in the grand scheme of things he's not really in the show a whole lot. he was only in 7 episodes last season and he wasn't instrumental to any of their plots (pretty sure outside of that episode where he and his pals buy that castle he only had one line in each one). if they really wanted to, they could get away with not even mentioning anything having changed

Quote Originally Posted by ilovebender.com View Post
    I love women.

Remember Me As I Was 1010011010's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Season 16 trailer:

Comic con article:

http://www.indiewire.com/2017/07/fam...on-1201858801/

-Adam West will be heard in 5 episodes this Season.
    -300th episode is "a bit of a Fast and the Furious parody"
    -there's an episode about Ian McKellan playing Stewies therapist, with the entire episode taking place in the therapist office
    -season premiere pokes fun at emmy baiting shows (guest starring the cast of Modern Family)
    -Bryan Cranston plays Peters new boss
    Just because I'm stupider than them, they think they're smarter than me!
    Simpsons Season 27 Ratings:
    Every Man's Dream-4.8/10 Cue Detective-6/10 Puffless-7/10 Halloween of Horror-8.4/10 Treehouse of Horror XXVI-(4.5, 5, 3.5) 4.25/10 Friend With Benefit-5/10 Lisa With An 'S'-5.5/10 Paths of Glory--/10 Barthood--/10 The Girl Code--/10 Teenage Mutant Milk-Caused Hurdles--/10 Much Apu About Something--/10 Gal of Constant Sorrow--/10 Love Is in the N2-O2-Ar-CO2-Ne-He-CH4--/10 Lisa the Veterinarian--/10 The Marge-ian Chronicles--/10 The Burns Cage--/10 How Lisa Got Her Marge Back--/10 Fland Canyon--/10 Simprovised--/10 To Courier With Love--/10 Orange is the New Yellow--/10
    Futurama Season 7B Ratings:
    2-D Blacktop-7.5/10 Fry and Leela's Big Fling-7.9/10 T.: The Terrestrial-8.2/10 Forty Percent Leadbelly-6.8/10 The Inhuman Torch-8.4/10 Saturday Morning Fun Pit-(9, 7, 8.5) 8.2/10 Calculon 2.0-8.7/10 Assie Come Home-8.5/10 Leela and the Genestalk-7.2/10 Game of Tones-9.2/10 Murder on The Planet Express-9/10 Stench and Stenchibility-8.5/10 Meanwhile-9.5/10
    Jumping the Shark since 1998...
    Alternate Ending Winner of NHC Survivor Season 1

there's an episode about Ian McKellan playing Stewies therapist, with the entire episode taking place in the therapist office
    So... Basically Brian & Stewie again but without Brian and possibly some cutaways?

Bryan Cranston plays Peters new boss
    He was one of my favorite parts about Malcolm in the Middle so I'm OK with this.

Thoughts on the trailer.
    *I smiled at the volunteer fireman cutaway because they actually caught me off-guard with the payoff. Though that roller coaster & Steve cutaways sucked.
    *Really could've done without Chris slicing those guys' necks or Meg poking that one girl in the eye with her shoe. But ever since seeing that horrendously atrocious American Dad! clip a few days ago shit like this looks much more tame and slightly tolerable in comparison now.
    Family Guy Season 18 Ratings - Yacht Rocky: 1.5/5 Bri-Da: 2.5/5 Absolutely Babulous: 1.5/5 Disney's The Reboot: 1.5/5 Cat Fight: 1.5/5 Peter & Lois' Wedding: .5/5 Heart Burn: 1.5/5 Shanksgiving: .5/5 Christmas is Coming: 2/5 Connie's Celica: 0/5
    American Dad! Season 15 Ratings - Fantasy Baseball: 1.5/5 I Am the Jeans: The Gina Lavetti Story: 0/5 Stan & Francine & Connie & Ted: 0/5 Rabbit Ears: 1.5/5 Jeff and the Dank Ass Weed Factory: 1/5 Lost Boys: 0/5 Shark?!: 1/5 The Long March: 2/5 The Hall Monitor and the Lunch Lady: 0/5 Wild Women Do: 2/5 An Irish Goodbye: 3/5 Stompe le Monde: 0/5 Mom Sauce: 0/5 Hamerican Dad!: 0/5 Demolition Daddy: 0/5 Pride Before the Fail: .5/5 Enter Stanman: 0/5 No Weddings and a Funeral: 0/5 Eight Fires: 1.5/5 The Hand That Rocks the Rogu: 0/5 Downtown: TBD Cheek to Cheek: A Stripper's Story: TBD

8. Thumbs Up To This Post by: fas1997

I enjoyed the trailer. I loved the fireman skit. I also didn't like seeing Chris slicing and Meg poking that girls' eye out but that was an awesome fight! Seeing Meg kick ass reminded me of when Meg was in prison and when she got out, she beated the shit out of Peter and Connie and her friends. That is my favorite episode. Nice to see Adam West and they made Angela hot! I'm glad they did in memory of Carrie Fisher. Meg and Lois got pregnant instantly by that basketball player! LMAO! I agree that the fight scene was tame compare to that American Dad garbage scene. A Fast and Fury parody? Sounds good. Bryan Cranston as Peters's new boss. Sounds good.

Blog Entries

the fireman cutaway was definitely the best one. olympic tv gag was also not bad. hated the goat semen, rollercoaster, new nanny, and gay waiter jokes. lengthy ending fight scene was stupid, don't think i've ever enjoyed one of those. i did enjoy the crappy unfinished sound effects though.

11. Thumbs Up To This Post by: John95, Ryan

Blog Entries

Fight scene at the end was the most fun thing in the whole trailer and that was more for the novelty of it being an unexpected Chris and Meg scene as opposed to a Chicken Fight.

Also, what the fuck was that scene with Peter and Angela?

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

Forgot to post my thoughts few days ago, but season 16 looks even better than the past several years. Only a few jokes missed but most of them hit. Besides, I think the show is improving, although I can't say the same about American Dad's recent episodes. All of the upcoming info/plots looks pretty interesting.
    Simpsons: 4 > 6 = 7 > 5 > 3 > 8 > 2 > 14 > 15 > 13 = 10 > 9 > 16 > 20 > 1 > 24 = 21 > 26 > 22 = 25 > 23 > 19 = 27 > 18 = 28 > 12 > 11 > 17 = 29

Family Guy: 4 > 3 > 2 > 1 > 5 = 6 > 15 > 16 > 10 > 14 > > 7 = 11 = 9 > 8 > 12 = 13

American Dad: 4 > 3 > 2 > 1 > 6 > 5 > 8 > 9 > 7 = 11 > 10 > 13 (so far) > 12

The Cleveland Show: 2 > 1 > 4 > 3

Futurama: 5 > 4 = 1 > 2 = 3 > 7 > 6

Rick and Morty: 2 > 1 > 3

14. Thumbs Up To This Post by: John95

Yeah, it's almost as if the people working solely on Family Guy looked at what American Dad! has become and were like "Damn! Is that really what we became?" so they set out to try and bring the show closer to how it was in at least it's early post-cancellation days if Season 15 and a few Season 14 episodes are any indication.

It probably helps that Alec Sulkin is taking over as showrunner if this interview from last year is any indication: http://splitsider.com/2016/11/talkin...ze-family-guy/

16. Thumbs Up To This Post by: fas1997

Blog Entries

interesting that sulkin would actually admit and address the faults people have with the show now. hopefully he can actually achieve what he's aiming for, doubt I'll watch the show still but I'll prolly tune in for that 3 parter at least

Blog Entries

Man rewatching that Weinstein episode you can really tell it was made during season 2, mostly because they have an entire episode dedicated to Judaism and Mort Goldman doesn't even show up once. Which thank God tbh because I've never particularly liked him as a character. So I'm kinda glad the episode wasn't made today.

And that was my random FG thought of the day.

Probably because at the time that episode was made Mort wasn't even a character yet.

Blog Entries

Not sure what to think after watching the Season 16 trailer. Haven't watched Family Guy in a while, but I am curious to see how their going to write out Carrie Fisher and Adam West from the show (probably by killing them off though).

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Teenie View Post
    Man rewatching that Weinstein episode you can really tell it was made during season 2, mostly because they have an entire episode dedicated to Judaism and Mort Goldman doesn't even show up once. Which thank God tbh because I've never particularly liked him as a character. So I'm kinda glad the episode wasn't made today.
    Yeah, that was back when his son Neil was the major supporting character and Mort showed up like one or two times. Now Neil has pretty much disappeared from the show. I think they did one or two episodes a while ago where he befriended Chris or something?

Yeah, that was the subplot for Once Bitten about two years ago where Neil befriended Chris simply to get closer to Meg. It seems like they are still friends though as they've been shown together a few times since that episode.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by John95 View Post
    Probably because at the time that episode was made Mort wasn't even a character yet.
    Well yeah, that was my whole point. Maybe it was just worded badly idk.

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

http://www.tvguide.com/news/family-g...ag=TVG_Twitter

Guess what episode I'm looking forward to more?

Blog Entries

Can't wait for suicide hotline episode to be full of tasteless and uncomfortable bits about self-harming.

Remember when Peter asked Meg how to cut his wrists? That was a classic, right

Blog Entries

My mind always goes to that Simpsons Guy bit now where Meg cuts Lisa's name into her arm.

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listings/20170907fox17/

SUNDAY, OCTOBER 1

[EDITOR'S NOTE: Audio descriptions for tonight's episodes of BOB'S BURGERS, THE SIMPSONS, GHOSTED, FAMILY GUY and THE LAST MAN ON EARTH are available on the SAP Audio Channel.]

**SEASON PREMIERE**--"FAMILY GUY" - (9:00-9:30 PM ET/PT) CC-AD-HDTV 720p-Dolby Digital 5.1

PETER VIES FOR TV'S HIGHEST AWARD ON THE ALL-NEW SEASON PREMIERE OF "FAMILY GUY" SUNDAY, OCTOBER 1, ON FOX

"Modern Family's" Sofia Vergara, Ty Burrell and Julie Bowen, plus Louis C.K, Bill Maher, Christina Pickles ("Friends") and the late Adam West Guest-Voice

Tired of not winning an Emmy, Peter embarks on his own For Your Consideration campaign for FAMILY GUY by making the show more like Emmy-winning shows - and no category is off limits. Sofia Vergara, Ty Burrell, Julie Bowen, Louis C.K., Bill Maher, Christina Pickles, and the late Adam West guest-voice in the all-new "Emmy-Winning Episode" Season 15 premiere episode of FAMILY GUY airing Sunday, Oct. 1 (9:00-9:30 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (FG-1506) (TV-14 D, L, S, V)

Voice Cast: Seth MacFarlane as Peter Griffin, Stewie Griffin, Brian Griffin, Quagmire, and Tom Tucker; Alex Borstein as Lois Griffin; Seth Green as Chris Griffin; Mila Kunis as Meg; Mike Henry as Cleveland Brown; and Patrick Warburton as Joe.

Guest Voice Cast: Sofia Vergara as herself; Ty Burrell as himself, Julie Bowen as herself; Louis C.K. as himself; Christina Pickles as Left Eyeball; and Adam West as Mayor West

Looking forward to this one. Not sure how everyone will react to this, since there will be a lot of fourth wall jokes, but I'm still having my optimism for this season high.

Mmmmmmmm, floor pie

Quote Originally Posted by fas1997 View Post
    Guest Voice Cast: Sofia Vergara as herself; Ty Burrell as himself, Julie Bowen as herself; Louis C.K. as himself; Christina Pickles as Left Eyeball; and Adam West as Mayor West
    They still haven't announced who is going to be the new mayor. Note that they have announced who will be replacing Angela as Peter's boss at the brewery (Bryan Cranston and Niecy Nash as a married couple).

Wrote the book on flimflammin Grifty McGrift's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Carrie died several months before, though. And maybe they'll just avoid mentioning the mayor.

Blog Entries

yeah i doubt they're going to handle New Mayor in the new season. seems like the production overlap (based on that encyclopedia griffin script cover it's like 14 months for an ep to go from table read) would make that impossible considering he died roughly a month after the previous season ended, and iirc in that callaghan interview he said they had to write a bit with him out of a very recent script so they were obviously still using him at the time of his death. wouldn't be stunned if they're working on an ep like that now but it makes sense that there aren't details

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

SUNDAY, OCTOBER 8

[EDITOR'S NOTE 1: Audio descriptions for tonight's episodes of THE SIMPSONS, GHOSTED, FAMILY GUY and THE LAST MAN ON EARTH are available on the SAP Audio Channel.]

[EDITOR'S NOTE 2: BOB'S BURGERS is preempted tonight.]

--"FAMILY GUY" - (9:00-9:30 PM ET/PT) CC-AD-HDTV 720p-Dolby Digital 5.1

PETER BEFRIENDS THE COOLEST GUY EVER ON AN ALL-NEW "FAMILY GUY" SUNDAY, OCTOBER 8, ON FOX

Kathleen Turner ("The Path") and Chris Diamantopoulos ("Silicon Valley") Guest-Voice

Peter becomes friends with a cool, handsome paramedic named Stryker Foxx. Wrapped up in his newfound "coolness," he soon dumps Quagmire, Joe and Cleveland in the all-new "Foxx In The Men House" episode of FAMILY GUY airing Sunday, Oct. 8 (9:00-9:30 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (FG-1420) (TV-14 D, L, S, V)

Voice Cast: Seth MacFarlane as Peter Griffin, Stewie Griffin, Brian Griffin, Quagmire, and Tom Tucker; Alex Borstein as Lois Griffin; Seth Green as Chris Griffin; Mila Kunis as Meg; Mike Henry as Cleveland Brown; and Patrick Warburton as Joe.

Guest Voice Cast: Chris Diamantopoulos as Stryker Foxx, Kathleen Turner as Kathleen Turner Peter

This is produced last season, so it's another Peter episode. Who knows, this might end up being good due to how confident I am with the show nowadays. Also, I don't know why, but I thought it was gonna be Jamie Foxx when I saw "Foxx" in the title.

I dunno, I'm kinda getting a Roasted Guy vibe from the description in regards to Peter ditching his friends for a new one.

That said, this probably will turn out better because it likely won't have any of the misogyny from the aforementioned and actually give a logical reason for Peter ditching his friends besides getting mad at them roasting him which he asked for (even going as far as to tell them to "Leave no punches").

Wrote the book on flimflammin Grifty McGrift's Avatar
    Blog Entries

@John95 opinion on modern Family Guy as opposed to modern American Dad?

@Grifty McGrift, better than modern American Dad!, and I was thinking that long before the TBS run. At worst, I would always find the season of Family Guy airing alongside the one for AD! to simply boring or forgettable (barring Seasons 12 & 13, those two were awful).

About halfway into Season 14 the show started turning around a bit to the point where Season 15 was one of the best ones they've done in a number of years.

Thread Information