Thread: Family Guy general discussion/upcoming episode thread

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Blog Entries

So they're making another FG mobile game but this time it's gonna be a Candy Crush sorta thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Android Authority
    According to the game’s description on the Google Play Store, you take a journey through Quahog on Peter’s booze truck. You cruise from level to level, matching drinks to keep Peter and Brian hammered. You must also help Quagmire practice safe sex, by collecting condoms in hopes of keeping the world safe from more Quagmires. Additionally, you can go head to head with the Giant Chicken, Peter’s arch nemesis.

Wrote the book on flimflammin Grifty McGrift's Avatar
    Blog Entries

So they're copying Futurama's shitty Candy Crush clone now?

Like, the only thing that makes this a "Family Guy" game is just the random images of characters I guess? Otherwise this could literally might as well be any random mobile game. Of course I'm just judging by these three images.

Blog Entries

i am a bit interested in the 'hilarious game modes'

will probably give it a shot when it comes out, if not just for a time-killing activity

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sideshow ken View Post
    We could use a break from Peter it gets boring seeing so many Peter episodes every week.
    Well, you're in for a bad time because judging by these titles, it's gonna be Peter and pals for most of the remainder of the season.

Peter's Lost Youth
    Doc Brown
    The Peter Principle
    A House Full of Peters
    Foxx in the Men House

The only remaining episodes that don't quite lend themselves to being about Peter, Joe, Quagmire and/or Cleveland are "Three Directors", "Dearly Deported" and "Follow the Money", though lord knows they could be. Deportation ep could be a Consuela thing, maybe? Any episode about money just instantly makes me assume it'll be a Carter ep, and then "Three Directors" sounds like it could be another trilogy episode of some sort.
    How to remaster

Mmmmmmmm, floor pie

The one new episode they're airing after 3/26 and before 5/21, and the subplot is yet another variation on:
    Brian: Hey, I have an idea: let's [open a bed & breakfast]
    Stewie: Sounds like a plan!
    (later)
    Brian: What's this?
    Stewie: Oh, I [turned it into a brothel] because we're not doing things your way

Damn. The episode came on Sunday and there wasn't even a thread made for it.

It was probably one of the worst this season. Just really boring, didn't go anywhere, and almost like a masterclass in bad comedy. This show really needs to stop explaining every damn joke it makes. The writers really do think we're mentally disabled and won't be able to understand humor on our own.

Actually, I thought that the latest episode was pretty good.

But yeah, I do agree that they need to stop with the jokes that explain everything because they assume that everyone who watches the show is either stupid or 14.
    Family Guy Season 18 Ratings - Yacht Rocky: 1.5/5 Bri-Da: 2.5/5 Absolutely Babulous: 1.5/5 Disney's The Reboot: 1.5/5 Cat Fight: 1.5/5 Peter & Lois' Wedding: .5/5 Heart Burn: 1.5/5 Shanksgiving: .5/5 Christmas is Coming: TBD Connie's Celica: TBD
    American Dad! Season 15 Ratings - Fantasy Baseball: 1.5/5 I Am the Jeans: The Gina Lavetti Story: 0/5 Stan & Francine & Connie & Ted: 0/5 Rabbit Ears: 1.5/5 Jeff and the Dank Ass Weed Factory: 1/5 Lost Boys: 0/5 Shark?!: 1/5 The Long March: 2/5 The Hall Monitor and the Lunch Lady: 0/5 Wild Women Do: 2/5 An Irish Goodbye: 3/5 Stompe le Monde: 0/5 Mom Sauce: 0/5 Hamerican Dad!: 0/5 Demolition Daddy: 0/5 Pride Before the Fail: .5/5 Enter Stanman: 0/5 No Weddings and a Funeral: 0/5 Eight Fires: 1.5/5 The Hand That Rocks the Rogu: 0/5 Downtown: TBD Cheek to Cheek: A Stripper's Story: TBD

Ditto. If you explain the joke, there is no joke.

9. Thumbs Up To This Post by: John95

Mmmmmmmm, floor pie

It seems that pretty much every Fox show except Family Guy has been given a renewal or cancellation notice. When is Family Guy's current deal up?

Is it possible that it's no longer in production, but they have enough episodes saved up for one more season on Fox?

Is it also possible that the staff has been told to expect a move to TBS / Adult Swim / FXX in the near future and they have the go-ahead to start writing "edgier" episodes?

Blog Entries

considering there are FACX episodes in the copyright catalog with the current line being EACX, i'm guessing it was quietly renewed a while ago. not too uncommon for the show these days.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovebender.com View Post
    I love women.

Fox rarely announces renewals for Family Guy by this point.

Well seeing as how I'm not sure if we'll still be getting R&R's for this show I'll just post my thoughts on last night's episodes here.

Dearly Deported

Stuff I liked:
    First half of the Starbursts gag.
    Nighthawks
    Wrong stock footage montage.
    Lois & Brain's characterizations. I know that for the most part they've been having Brian this season be closer to how he was pre-Christmas Guy, but I can't remember the last time Lois has been portrayed in a manner where she wasn't just a total bitch (minus that oven "Joke" at the end).

Stuff I didn't like:
    Second half of the Starbursts gag.
    Chris putting his hand in the kids' mouths.
    Peter biting his lip off.
    C.S.I. Babies
    Mongoose cutaway (especially the part with Peter's throat being slit). The callback to it at the end as the final joke of the episode also soured my opinion of the episode a little.
    Lois revealing to Chris about the times where she considered turning the oven on while he, Meg or Stewie were in it.

3/5, would've been a 3.5 if not for those last two "Jokes"

A House Full of Peters

Stuff I liked:
    Fruit bouquet and the callback to it.
    Joe's piss-poor singing made me smile more than it should've.
    Dial-up impressions
    Rachel as Katie to me was like Hayley doing her best Peter impression.
    Final gag showing the gators and rats that look like Peter. They ended the season on a legit laugh, good on 'em!

Stuff I didn't like:
    Pop Secret cutaway.
    Dueling Farts was done much better back in Season 4.
    Meg's Russian clone. Just a random dumb joke that really stood out in terms of how much it didn't work.
    Sassy black Peter.
    Brian trying to kiss Lois.
    Depressed blob committing suicide.
    Lois & Peter talking about popping her back pimples. At least they didn't actually show it like they did when Francine popped Stan's back pimples.

3/5 Also, did that Goth girl child of Peter's remind anybody of Debbie from American Dad!?

Both episodes I thought were pretty good and a pretty nice way to end the show's best season in years. When the DVD for it comes out by the end of the year it'll be the first one that I buy in years for more than just the bonus features.

Mmmmmmmm, floor pie

I was a little surprised in Dearly Deported that Peter would suggest that we have to do something about how easy it is to cross the border into the USA. Usually, Peter or Brian would take the liberal stance (examples: legalizing marijuana; stem cell research), but this is clearly a call to make it harder to cross - with, oh, I don't know, how about, say, a wall?

Quote Originally Posted by John95 View Post
    A House Full of Peters

Stuff I didn't like:
    Meg's Russian clone. Just a random dumb joke that really stood out in terms of how much it didn't work.
    If she was going to be Russian, then it should have been a callback to when Meg turned out to be a Russian mole at the end of "Spies Reminiscent of Us" ("Shut up, 2476").
    It also smacked of when "hyper Junior" was killed by, and replaced with, "fat Junior" on The Cleveland Show.

As for the episode, this was another example of, "They took a good idea, and right in the middle of the episode, swerved it into something we've seen too many times already." They should have done more with the rest of Peter's children.

Mmmmmmmm, floor pie

Quote Originally Posted by tormented View Post
    considering there are FACX episodes in the copyright catalog with the current line being EACX, i'm guessing it was quietly renewed a while ago. not too uncommon for the show these days.
    Actually, I did make one assumption that turns out not to be true; that the show had a number of holdovers. Assuming there were only 20 episodes in the EACX production season, like there were in DACX, there is only one holdover.

Adam West aka Batman passed away at 88. R.I.P. Adam. Carol is now a widow which is sad but he was a great mayor.

While I didn't really like his character in recent years, it is unfortunate that he's no longer with us.

Blog Entries

Knowing Seth, they won't just quietly retire the character. Expecting late next season for an ep where he dies offscreen and they get a new mayor or something.

Blog Entries

I'm actually surprised I haven't seen more posts of that bit from the episode where they killed Brian where Adam stands up and yells "None of you people came to MY funeral!" and then fades away through the crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaunbadia View Post
    I'm actually surprised I haven't seen more posts of that bit from the episode where they killed Brian where Adam stands up and yells "None of you people came to MY funeral!" and then fades away through the crowd.
    I'm surprised I didn't think of that until now either, especially since they showed that episode on Adult Swim two days ago.

Moe is their leader. Captain_Smiley's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Knowing Seth, they won't just quietly retire the character. Expecting late next season for an ep where he dies offscreen and they get a new mayor or something.
    I'm hoping Burt Ward becomes mayor.

Blog Entries

Maybe they'll just retire him and not mention him again. But that would be a disadvantage if a plot requires the mayor. Which reminds me, Peter not having a boss would also be very bad story-wise since a lot of plots revolving work pretty much requires a boss. Wonder what'll become of his boss and the mayor, suppose we'll see.

As for his boss, I personally hope they just give him a new job. Fisherman Peter was short but by far my favorite occipation of his. There were so many more opportunities for not only jokes, but stories as well than a regular office job.

Mmmmmmmm, floor pie

Quote Originally Posted by Grifty McGrift View Post
    Maybe they'll just retire him and not mention him again.
    Or, here's an idea: have him standing on Cleveland's front lawn, right below where his bathtub is, when another of Peter's ideas/pranks goes wrong and it takes a big chunk out of Cleveland's house.

As for the next mayor, they'll probably tease somebody (besides Lois, who has had the job already) - maybe Brian or Joe - but end up giving it to Carol, as a kinda sorta reference to widows taking over their husbands' elected positions (the way Mary Bono was elected to fill Sonny's seat in the House of Representatives when he died).

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

Next season will be interesting to find out what will happen with Fisher and West's characters. They're Most likely gonna get replaced/written off
    Simpsons: 4 > 6 = 7 > 5 > 3 > 8 > 2 > 14 > 15 > 13 = 10 > 9 > 16 > 20 > 1 > 24 = 21 > 26 > 22 = 25 > 23 > 19 = 27 > 18 = 28 > 12 > 11 > 17 = 29

Family Guy: 4 > 3 > 2 > 1 > 5 = 6 > 15 > 16 > 10 > 14 > > 7 = 11 = 9 > 8 > 12 = 13

American Dad: 4 > 3 > 2 > 1 > 6 > 5 > 8 > 9 > 7 = 11 > 10 > 13 (so far) > 12

The Cleveland Show: 2 > 1 > 4 > 3

Futurama: 5 > 4 = 1 > 2 = 3 > 7 > 6

Rick and Morty: 2 > 1 > 3

Mmmmmmmm, floor pie

Quote Originally Posted by fas1997 View Post
    Next season will be interesting to find out what will happen with Fisher and West's characters. They're Most likely gonna get replaced/written off
    I assume you mean that the characters will be replaced. When somebody famous who does a voice dies, what usually happens is, out of respect for the actor, the character is not replaced by another voice. This is why Troy McClure and Lionel Hutz pretty much just disappeared from The Simpsons when Phil Hartman died. (The one time I can think of off the top of my head where somebody famous died and was replaced: David Doyle being replaced as Grampa Pickles on Rugrats when he died, and I am guessing he was replaced because that show's audience tends to be real young and Nickelodeon didn't want to have to try to explain what happened to the character.)

Then again, when Marcia Wallace died, nobody replaced Mrs. Krabappel as Bart's teacher on The Simpsons, although she was written off.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by That Don Guy View Post
    Or, here's an idea: have him standing on Cleveland's front lawn, right below where his bathtub is, when another of Peter's ideas/pranks goes wrong and it takes a big chunk out of Cleveland's house.
    Peter already managed to kill Loretta with the bathtub gag, don't think turning it into a new method of casually killing people off is the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by That Don Guy View Post
    Then again, when Marcia Wallace died, nobody replaced Mrs. Krabappel as Bart's teacher on The Simpsons, although she was written off.
    Apparently the door is open for the one teacher that was voiced by Sofia Vergara to become a recurring character according to Al Jean. But should that be the case, they'll probably just replace Sofia with one of their main VA's like Pamela or Tress.

Blog Entries

Just like Bart having a teacher, the town having a mayor is essential, unless they just avoid writing that requires someone in charge, which probably makes for worse episode cause of restrictions.

Junior Camper

Who else thought it was fucked up and weird that they made Stewie pregnant and all with Brian's pups? i mean i have nothing against human X nonhuman people relationships like Roger X Jessica Rabbit or on Regular Show (Margaret's parents) to Hattonslayden's artworks but this is a toddler male with a nearly feral talking walking dog here. I mean did the guys watched Junior with Arnold and thought it would be okay for a male toddler to have babies?

Sounds like an episode NAMBLA would write! and it's as creepy as Baby Herman with an adult girlfriend in Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

Remember the episode "Da boom?" That was when Stewie was mutated into an octopuss and gave birth to mutant monsters? That was funny and worked because Stewie was affected by the radiation which gave him this ability. Better than that Stewie is Entice episode.

Junior Camper

Quote Originally Posted by sideshow ken View Post
    Remember the episode "Da boom?" That was when Stewie was mutated into an octopuss and gave birth to mutant monsters? That was funny and worked because Stewie was affected by the radiation which gave him this ability. Better than that Stewie is Entice episode.
    Yup that was strange but do you think the him getting pregnant is based off the 1994 movie Junior? and do you agree it's as creepy as Baby Herman with an adult girlfriend in Roger Rabbit?

Thread Information